sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Remember when Frimpong & Coquelin both looked like they were ready to burst through and be terrific?

Our DM worries would have never appeared.

Crying or Very sad 

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:or the smokescreen for the smokescreen for another target hmm

lol

#WelcomeToArsenalJavi
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:43 pm

silver wrote:As far as I'm concerned, we should be buying the best player to compliment Ramsey. Ramsey's midfield runs are crucial to our attack. Schneiderlin will sit and allow Ramsey (and Debuchy) to go forward. He's got the positional discipline, and defensive ability to play that role. Khedira is arguably the better player but does not fill that role we need IMO.

For me, the main thing first and foremost is the quality of the player. Even if Schneiderlin can play a more defensive role, the gap in quality is more important for me in terms of how our overall midfield will function, so I'd take Khedira because I think he is better than Schneiderlin or Bender right now.

Plus, Ramsey can cover when Khedira goes forward - we are probably better off having two players who can attack and defend than two guys who play specific roles and make us somewhat predictable. As long as one always hangs back a bit, I don't see what the problem would be. That being said, I wouldn't be upset if we got one of our other targets.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:20 pm

‏@samuelJayC  51m
Honigstein tells BBC Radio 5 Live that Khedira wants to join Arsenal. No real surprise. #afc

Kike Marin: "Arsenal have (still) not made an offer to Madrid for Khedira. Madrid are in a hurry to sell to make room for Kroos"
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Arsenal has stopped negotiations with Real Madrid over the transfer of Khedira due to his high financial demands. [Cadena Ser]

Glad if that's over this soon. No time to waste. Schneiderlin please if not Lars/Sven.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 pm

Who wants midfielder anyway!
just bid £55M for Cavani
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 pm

I think Madrid are waiting for Toni Kroos to be official before letting Khedira go, either way we must not wait and act quick on other targets.

Dont care about Khedira tbh.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Why isn't Debuchy official?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Why isn't Debuchy official?

RG Jinxed it. Laughing 

Its a done deal, probably before the weekend.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Friday, Arsenal likes Fridays
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Why isn't Debuchy official?

Its contingent on our deal with Janmaat but he completed his medical and signed the contract yesterday. Laughing

As said before i ain't got a clue why its not done yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Should be made official on either Thursday or Friday.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 pm

schnierderlin pls wenger :bow: or anyone that is a proper dm ffs.

tbh i dont actually think we were after khedira it just doesnt really makes sense.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 am

Guys, calma.

My resources in Spain have confirmed that the Debuchy deal is done but that Arsenal have just been waiting for him to get a proper haircut, he's refused so far but they've compromised and he'll wear a cap at his unveiling.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am

If only Javi Martinez was a possibility. He would be so perfect ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 am

I wouldn't give Khedria what he wants, either. Supposedly he's asking for wages that'd make him our top earner. If he was as good as Ramsey, Sanchez or Ozil then maybe you'd consider it but he's not in that bracket of quality, so why should he earn more than them?

It's a bit of a black and white way looking at it, but if you want to maintain a good wage structure it's best not to have anomalies like that around.

Hopefully we've got backup targets.

Apparently Debuchy will be made official on Thursday. Newcastle haven't actually announced Janmaat as official despite the medical and pictures. Must still be some formalities left to sort out.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 am

I don't think we have to worry much, Wenger would be the last guy to cave in wage demand. Our wage structure is solid, no point to break it for a so so player like Khedira, WC winner or not.

On the other hand, I maintain what I said from the beginning of the summer, won't be surprised if we start the season with Arteta & Flamini.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:56 am

Van Gaal wants to buy Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen, and Smalling could be offered as a makeweight

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/16/louis-van-gaal-flies-in-mark-manchester-united

I don't really mind. I rate Smalling. And I also rate Vermaelen eventhough he is backup now.

Whatever though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:01 am

Yeah. l don't really care if we sell Verm to United. l don't think he'll make them any better. Or at least like a noticeable difference like selling RVP. He's been bad for a while now. l feel uneasy whenever he starts.

But l like him as a person though. lts a bit greedy to be angry at him if he left when we don't really even play him and doesn't have a big role here anymore. So if he goes to United and gets in better form under Van Gaal then good for him.

Especially if we get Smalling in return. Would better suite us given the role anyway. Verm is a lot like kos, where if he doesn't play everyday he is more prone to mistakes.. he's not good as a back up.. Where as l think smalling will be better as a player who will come in and do a job when he is called upon and won't loose confidence or get down on himself if he's on the bench for a while
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:07 am

yeah i wouldnt sell, unless we just get a player in return
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Anyone knows what this might mean...Is he begging us to Sign him? rofl 
Or just PUMA?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Bsv3nVhCcAE8E_d
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:Van Gaal wants to buy Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen, and Smalling could be offered as a makeweight

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/16/louis-van-gaal-flies-in-mark-manchester-united

I don't really mind. I rate Smalling. And I also rate Vermaelen eventhough he is backup now.

Whatever though.

Vermalen to Manu and fellaini coming the other way,no money changes hands?

But for real no way I would let Vermalen join them, let them go and spend another 30m on player.

Luke Shaw cost more than Vermaelen, Gibbs, Mert, Kos and Debuchy.  rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:16 pm

El Confidencial: Khedira regrets refusing RM' extension offer and plan to communicate his desire to continue with RM http://t.co/4tK5u7UzU0
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:56 pm

Assuming Djourou is on his way out, we need one more CB, not one less. Selling Vermaelen would be a bad choice unless we have more than one replacement lined up. Smalling is also coming off of an awful season, although one would hope that he still possesses the talent that he showed in prior years. I wouldn't complain if we got Smalling but I don't think he would be as good as Vermaelen, and I wouldn't want to have to rely on Smalling if we had an injury early on.

If Vermaelen does leaves, I vote Mertesacker for captaincy (sorry Arteta) :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Smalling is average, he is probably worse than Djourou. He'd be a downgrade on Vermaelen.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140717/arsenal-complete-mathieu-debuchy-signing

Debuchy is official.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next