sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 18m

@DaveMagar very close to signing in Germany. VERY CLOSE

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Flick Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:41 pm

AnJl wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Schneiderlin isn't that good IMO, you can do a lot better.
Thank you.
I was just waiting for someone who has the same opinion as me on this.

To the both of you, why do you think so?

Or does it simply boil down to experience?

His ceiling is really limited, I would be surprised if he got signed to Arsenal. He's really solid and he won't get much better then he was last season in my opinion. He's really limited in the physical aspect of his game. If Khedira and Schneiderlin are the same price, I would go after Khedira due to his overall game but, either of the Bender twins would be better for Arsenal in my opinion.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Chumlum wrote:

@DaveMagar very close to signing in Germany. VERY CLOSE

Wish it was a bit less vague.

Signing a German or a Bundesliga player?

Or a German in the Bundesliga?

lol ffs man
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:49 pm

It is Roman Neustädter after all!!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:51 pm

I'll be gentle when Javi gives is holding up that beautiful Arsenal Puma kit and shaking hands with Arsene, Hans. Proud
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Signing Khedira makes me nervous. Check out his injury history. Still though, he will improve the team overall...so I cant complain. I just think there are better/cheaper options.

That said, I am great full we are no longer playing the likes of Song, or Frimpong in the middle Laughing

I wonder why Wenger is not looking at guys like Ginter, who can play both Dm and CB.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:03 pm

ffs if that happens Mad lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Isn't Ginter moving to BVB?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Seriously just buy Lars Bender already.

Would not cost more than Khedira and certainly not as much wages. Fits better too.

Leverkusen are pushovers, so just given them 25m € and Zelalem on loan for 2 years, and they'll be content. Rudi Völler will say something submissive even.
Would be good for the kid too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:09 pm

srigooner wrote:Isn't Ginter moving to BVB?

Yes Ginter is locked on moving to BVB, either now or if Freiburg stay obstinate next summer.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm happy with Ginter going to BVB as long as he doesn't go to Munich from there  Evil or Very Mad Two players in two years is frustrating enough, without even looking further into the past!

I agree on Voller and Lars Bender, despite that recent contract to 2019 and statements about wanting to stay atleast another year with Neverkusen.

Sina, for one, will cry with joy Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:15 pm

right, he extended hmm

then give them 30m, who cares hmm

As for us, we'll let you get Gündogan back to form in peace, and then we'd like him on a free in 2016 thank you very much.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:17 pm

I think Arsenal uses a TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) approach with players hmm

Transfer salary, wages, contract duration, infrastructure and medical expenses, overheads, ...

vs.

Shirt sales, advertising, CSR drive and media attention, fan response, Player-split of income generation..

hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Darren was talking about Khedira just to be painfully obviously clear.

Darren
‏@DarrenArsenal1
@SamMeader @x_AFC_x @MAmpov10 @davemagar @thearsenalhorse yes it is, Arsenal in advanced discussions with Real Madrid
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Chumlum wrote:

@DaveMagar very close to singing in Germany. VERY CLOSE

Fixed Wink #DYAC

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Signing Khedira makes me nervous. Check out his injury history. Still though, he will improve the team overall...so I cant complain. I just think there are better/cheaper options.

That said, I am great full we are no longer playing the likes of Song, or Frimpong in the middle Laughing

I wonder why Wenger is not looking at guys like Ginter, who can play both Dm and CB.

Because Wenger will never sign a pure DM. He requires much more from all midfield players than to sit in a solitary position. He has us playing in too much flux for that. I do not see Khedira running into many of the same issues as Artetta either. If someone were to press him and he were to loose the ball like Artetta he still hs the speed to close on them. As long as the TEAM is disciplined then it will work fine.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Lars Bender will actually cost more than Khedira because he just signed a long term contract and won't force a move. It also goes without saying that Khedira is simply a better footballer.

I guess I will just never understand why anyone would have Lars Bender over Khedira and will have to leave it there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:48 pm

@Urbi - it stems from the idea that Lars is more of a pure DM and Sami is more of a B2B; while what we need is a DM and not a B2B who will end up limiting the offensive contribution of Ramsey.

I am okay with any quality signing, really. I slightly prefer Khedira because I like him more, but obviously, the final decision on what we need and whether we actually go all out to sign it

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Lars is not more of a pure DM, they are both box-to-box midfielders like Ramsey.

It must be said that I'd definitely sign a "pure DM" too, be it Schneiderlin or Luiz Gustavo but if it comes to Khedira vs Lars Bender then it's really a no-brainer in my opinion.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:56 pm

I must add, that is just the impression I got from the posts on Lars and Khedira.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:07 pm

It Could be both Khedira and Schneiderlin coming in.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:It Could be both Khedira and Schneiderlin coming in.

We wouldn't kill Diaby's career like that. :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:It Could be both Khedira and Schneiderlin coming in.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 H0ACBD908
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Made a stat comparison for good measure. Make what of that you will hmm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 23 Untitl13

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:41 pm

of course Bender is more a defensive player than Khedira.

Because he does the kind of things a defensive midfielder is supposed to do, get into challenges, win balls, intercept attacks etc.

Played for the national team as a right full back too for *bleep* sake.

Now if you say Khedira is 'simply a better player' than Bender I can't really argue with that, however there are a lot of player you'd consider better than Bender which cannot perform the tasks you need performed. Khedira sure won't perform the defensive tasks better than Bender.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:of course Bender is more a defensive player than Khedira.

Because he does the kind of things a defensive midfielder is supposed to do, get into challenges, win balls, intercept attacks etc.

Played for the national team as a right full back too for *bleep* sake.

Now if you say Khedira is 'simply a better player' than Bender I can't really argue with that, however there are a lot of player you'd consider better than Bender which cannot perform the tasks you need performed. Khedira sure won't perform the defensive tasks better than Bender.

As if Khedira doesn't get into challenges, win balls and intercept attacks. It doesn't matter how you look at it, Khedira offers the same protection defensively and is superior offensively, he is a physical presence and comfortable at the highest level unlike Lars. I look at the overall quality and can see how Khedira can improve us, while with Lars especially after his pooor season I just can't see it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next