BarcaLearning
26 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Euro 2024 - Page 9 Empty Re: Euro 2024

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:50 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:That goal should've stood. Poor decision by the refereeing team. Dumfries was standing next to Maignan and didn't block his view for a second during that play

I will have to rewatch, but I knew it was gonna get called off right away when it was going live. He didn't block the keeper's view but he blocked his ability to dive and actually attempt to make a save
Maignan had no chance on that shot. It was a bullet shot and he didn't even attempt to save it, not because of Dumfries. He was rooted to his spot. I suppose if you follow the letter of the law word for word you might judge that to be offside but given what actually happened and know how Dumfries did not influence Maignan one iota you'd let that stand. Lots of pundits questioning that decision and for good reason.

Regardless of whether Maignan had a chance of saving it or not, Dumfires did stand next to him and limited his movements.

He is obstructing the keeper and the speed of the shot doesnt matter, that is the rule

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:55 pm

But he wasn’t standing in front of him nor blocking the view. That’s what the video replay showed, not that still photo from a different angle that Sports showed. In any event nothing is lost with this call except for my wish to have France in opposite side of bracket.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:28 am

My money would be on Germany rn

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:17 am

Germany looks like a bulldozer so far but they faced awful squads

I've been quite disappointed by England and Italy looking almost lethargic, it's time for them to shift on second gear, i'm starting to understand why Southgate is so criticized
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:18 pm

Italy just don't got the players imo... Locatelli did a lot for them in the previous edition, they miss his energy... and then they're toothless upfront... Chiesa is not the same Chiesa anymore after injuries...

nothing new with Southgate, Wenger should've been offered the England post few years after Arsenal...

interested to see how Germany cope when they go up against a team that takes the game to them, and Wirtz and Musiala is forced to do some defensive work... but then again that test will probably only come from Spain, Netherlands and Portugal, because Deschamps is a cuck
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:58 pm

The top side of the draw is absolutely stacked.  Spain, Portugal, Germany, France/Netherlands.

That said, I expect France to really crush Poland.  Poland is already eliminated and their veterans are going to sit our apparently.  Plus, France is getting Mbappe back and looking to put a big score up.

Generally speaking, as long as Mbappe and Griezmann find form, not really threatened by much that I've seen other than Portugal.  The other teams either lack some quality or physicality or proper tactics.  France has played in 2nd gear so to not take risks (per usual) and should open up a bit (as much as things open up under Deschamps) in elimination rounds.

Is Thuram this bad with Inter?  I thought he had a good season although I didn't watch.  He looks very clumsy with France.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Looks like 2 different styles per side of draw.

Top draw:  Spain, Portugal, Germany, and likely Netherlands as top seeds.  More possession and offensive.

Bottom draw:  likely France, England, likely Belgium and likely Italy.  Other than Italy that is a weaker side IMO, the others are direct and physical teams.

Quarterfinals on will be a beast.  Spain v Germany, Portugal v Netherlands, France v Belgium, England v Italy assuming no upsets.  I think Switzerland could easily beat Italy though in 1/8 round.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:09 pm

Are you sure Sports. I had it with Spain, France and England on one side, Germany, Portugal in the other?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:11 pm

For a while today, I thought it would end up same as last Euros, all the favourites on one side and Portugal n the other
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:17 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Are you sure Sports. I had it with Spain, France and England on one side, Germany, Portugal in the other?

Very sure: https://www.flashscore.com/standings/ABkrguJ9/EcpQtcVi/#/SMaVweFA/draw
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:36 pm

You’re right Sports, I guess I had it wrong in what I saw before Tournament started
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:46 am

futbol_bill wrote:You’re right Sports, I guess I had it wrong in what I saw before Tournament started

So to me, from the quarter-finals on, there is no clear favorite.  One game single elimination with that kind of quality pretty much means any team can win.

I just hope games don't go to penalties because I think there's too much luck involved there.  Not saying there shouldn't be penalties because games can't go on forever... but I'd rather the winner isn't decided by those.

People will say France should beat Belgium... I'd say if you play a 3-game series, France would win 2 very likely.  But in 1 game, either team can easily win... just as an example.

I remember world cup 1982... you had pool games to start.  Then the best teams qualified to play in 4 pools of 3 teams.  The winner of that second pool round made the semis.  I think that was a much better system.  Only the best teams made the semis.  1982 was the most exciting football tournament i ever saw so it didn't take away from the spectacle.  Same number of games too.

It was a shame that Brazil, Argentina and Italy ended up in the same pool for the second round... but that's Argentina and Italy's fault as they finished 2nd in their initial pool games. Shows how crazy good the teams were though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:18 am

Boy, do I feel foolish! The other day I was bothered that Netherlands goal didn’t count as I thought if goal counted France would move to side where Spain would be and then today I wanted Germany to score late, which they did, as I thought the Swiss win would move Germany to side where I thought Spain and France would be. In fact if my wishes had held up, it would have been the exact opposite of what I wanted!

IMO, i think the way this might go, this is best possible scenario for Spain’s chances. As Sports says, these games, at least from qrts, should be very close games, which will make for a good exciting tournament.

I’m thinking or maybe wishful hoping the final will be Spain - France.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:05 am

futbol_bill wrote:Boy, do I feel foolish! The other day I was bothered that Netherlands goal didn’t count as I thought if goal counted France would move to side where Spain would be and then today I wanted Germany to score late, which they did, as I thought the Swiss win would move Germany to side where I thought Spain and France would be. In fact if my wishes had held up, it would have been the exact opposite of what I wanted!

IMO, i think the way this might go, this is best possible scenario for Spain’s chances. As Sports says, these games, at least from qrts, should be very close games, which will make for a good exciting tournament.

I’m thinking or maybe wishful hoping the final will be Spain - France.

Could be. France is very reliant on Mbappe and Griezmann. Mbappe is off form and injured (though he's fine now) while Griezmann has simply been off form. It will come down to these two. I doubt anyone can score more than 1 goal against France (if that given we've given 3 opportunities total in 2 games)... but you need to score. Without at least one of those two playing well, we'll struggle scoring.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kiui_OeY7w
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:44 pm

Cbf going into the brackets cos they keep expanding the format which makes it so messed up nowadays? Razz But if its really likely France v Belgium in the QFs then Im happy cos Belgium suck, n been sucking for so many yrs after their prime?

Mbappe back so hopefully France improve n score some like Sport said... the worry is though Deschamps still has so much faith in Dembele that its always a risk. I like the player too of cos but when he doesnt produce the bench should be used more n not just rely on such an unpredictable weapon if u like?

Mbappe need to step up now n win it all to stop Vini from getting the Ballon D'or Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:27 pm

Modric should seriously stop taking penalties. He's terrible at them.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:58 pm

So how are the 4 best placed 3rd determined, just simply looking at the points then GD? Or what?

Italy just killed Croatia right at the death though, wow, 98th min Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Calafiori is an absolute gem.

Classic Italy the way this happened. Lots of problems with this team but what an equalizer and a goal from Zaccagni
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:09 pm

That late burst by Calafiori last seconds to split the defence for Calafiori's Del Piero esque curler is an absolute joke
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:13 pm

Calafiori is suspended v Switzerland and I don't see a result against that team as it is.

Barella
Bastoni
Calafiori
Donna

Italys best players so far the rest have not stood out at all
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:43 pm

All of Italy wanted a 3-5-2 for today and they had it.

And it was a disaster. First truly bad performance by Italy this tournament and I cannot recall any match under Mancio or Spalletti where that formation has worked.

They are playing just too slow
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:37 am

I say this as someone that roots for Italy in this tournament, but 8 extra minutes was too long for how the game was played, and the fact that the ref didn't play on after Italy wasted time for a solid minute after scoring is very telling. Feel bad for Modric.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:05 pm

No Griezmann, did he get dropped or what? Barcola in for Thuram as well... good to see Deschamp make some changes finally...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:25 pm

Fun game since Poland has to go for it n trying to tempt France into press n then hit them quickly which is working so far, but means they are also so open Very Happy France been bad finishing so far though... Kante n Dembele dont have the final touch XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:48 pm

Lol, so funny, Mbappe + Barcola + Theo + Rabiot on that left side made so many chances n still Dembele n Kante are too slow to react every time...or they could have had 3 tap ins already XD

Not sure if Real gonna have similar problem is Mbappe drifts left as well... likes of Rodrygo, Fede, etc., would need to attack the box n not do what France has done this half XD comical...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next