sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 20:02

but if there is One player we should break that structure for,Its Cavani

still heavily reliant on Ramsey for Goals,God Bless him

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 20:06

psg are not selling cavani
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 20:20

Problems with signing Cavani
-Psg won't sell him
-we don't want to pay what it would take even if they would
-even if we agreed to a fee we wouldn't pay whatever wages he would want
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 20:54

Schneiderlin apparently followed Spurs on twitter.

Could be nothing, could be a lot in it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 22:25

So the general consensus is that we will sign one another marquee player. Most likely DM

Khedira rumours seems to be drifting away. Who else can it be? Was thinking about it last night. It's very likely that the signing is from Bundesliga or is German.

Lars Bender
Sven Bender
Javi Martinez
Khedira

who else am I missing?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 22:28

My first choice would always be Javi Martinez if possible although I don't think it would come off. Lars Bender, if he got over his fear of leaving Neverkusen could make the step up here but not so sure about him. Would love it in any case.

Crafty if Spurs signed Schneiderlin, though, as he'd be a homegrown player. I believe out of the next three signings we could reasonably make (GK, DM, ST) one would have to be home grown since we have 15 foreign players atm and cannot exceed 17 or we could just sign two foreign (or homegrown, doesn't matter) and forget the idea of a ST, the ones we're most linked with are not homegrown: Remy and Balotelli.

Foreign (15):
Debuchy, Per Mertesacker, Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Tomas Rosicky, Mikel Arteta, Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla, Mathieu Flamini, Abou Diaby, Lukas Podolski, Olivier Giroud, Alexis Sanchez, Joel Campbell

EDIT: Was missing Ox, thanks Jay.
Home grown [8]:

Wojciech Szczesny, Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain

(this is excluding Sanogo and Gnabry who may be loaned out and fringe players such as Zelalem, Miyaichi, Coquelin etc.)

Last edited by MJGunner on Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:12; edited 2 times in total
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 22:56

who else am I missing?

Luiz Gustavo.

You're missing Oxlade-Chamberlain from the home-grown list MJ, btw.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:16

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Ah, thanks!

That would mean we're 2 short of 25, both of whom can be foreign then.

Could happen that we would be forced to loan one of the aforementioned out if we really wanted to sign a DM, GK and ST.

But I think, then, that the logical thing to do would just be sign a GK and DM and go on with what we have up front. With the way Wenger's spoken about Alexis, it's clear he's keen to use him in some way to relieve Giroud of starting every single match or to play alongside him.

But with that squad plus GK and DM we'd then have to loan out Gnabry, Sanogo, Miyaichi, Coquelin or leave them in the reserves.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:20

Schneiderlin unfollows Spurs on Twitter :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:24

Geoff said something but I missed it. Anyone managed to catch it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:25

nevermind, found it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs2yfEpIIAAHItH.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:31

We're always trying for big signings. Doesn't mean they always come off.

I suppose it's possible the club are working on a deal for a DM and a backup deal in case they can't get their main target.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:33

Maybe Sina might get his wish for Cavani afterall hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:36

I love hearing rumors about ambitious transfer targets. But I'd rather be pessimistic-yet-supportive, and find myself pleasantly surprised when & if signings happen, than expect two "major" signings and be disappointed when & if they don't.

Anyway. Here's what I expect right now

- Back-up/rotation GK. David Ospina has been linked a lot, and whether or not he's the guy who comes in, someone of his profile fits the bill for what the squad needs. Plus Martinez will probably get promoted as 3rd choice.

- Vermaelen to move on for an OK fee (upwards of £8m), and Arsenal to reinvest on a journeyman central defender from a league outside England. Not anybody who is going to excite Gooners ... somebody sensible, mid-to-late 20s, probably a player of roughly Vermaelen's level but with lower wages, and (we can hope) a little bit more reliability coming off the bench. No idea who this might be.

- Either one of the youth/reserve CBs gets promoted as 4th choice central defender (Hayden? Ajayi?), or Wenger goes out and buys a young British defender (like Lascelles, though not necessarily him).

- I wouldn't bet on another forward arriving, and I'm a little skeptical right now that a DM will come, too. I trust that Wenger will act, and spend, if circumstances arise and make the right player potentially available. But I also suspect that if those circumstances don't arise, Wenger will conclude that nobody out there is worth getting because he wouldn't want another squad player at DM ... Arteta is a leader in the dressing room despite his aging legs, and Flamini is the utility guy there. He'll gamble on them being passable for another season.

So at this moment I expect we'll go into the season with a handful of shrewd signings covering almost all of our gaps, and Alexis being our sole "star" acquisition, but with the holding midfield role still kind of a worry.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:38

Cant bellieve Arsenal fans actually saying no Khedira Very Happy now imagine if we had been linked with khedira 2 seasons ago, would you still say no to him?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 0:34

Remy signing for Liverpool, by the looks of things.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 0:42

GoonerJay29 wrote:Remy signing for Liverpool, by the looks of things.
umm no, they are on the same boat as us, telling him to lower his wages Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 0:44

Nah Di Marzio said its done. 8.5m and 5 year contract.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 0:46

Actually think we're giving him a longer contract (5 years) so he lowers his weekly wages. Otherwise no way we'd give him 5 years since he's almost 28.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 1:07

GoonerJay29 wrote:

EDIT: U-21 players don't count in the 25-man-squad.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 3:24

Khedira staying at RM would have its benefits... Can't see RM moving for 25m Gustavo with Khed, Modric, Alonso and Casemiro... Kroos.. I can't see Madrid moving for anyone else after James (if they indeed keep Khedira)

Things have been very quiet on Gustavo lately.. I can't see him staying at Wolfsburg. Remains the preferred DM target.

Although 27m is a lot for a player like him, I think he's on about 60k p/week? He doesnt come across to me as someone who is greedy when it comes to wages... he sacrificed a lot to go to Wolfsburg for footballing reasons. I think he would take around 100k p/week.

According to Bild, we have until the 27th of July to trigger the release clause. So something could well happen over the next week or so there.

Unfortunately though, I can still see us getting shafted altogether with Chlesea signing Khedira and L.Gustavo going to RM.. We can only hope.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 6:45

Morata has gone to Juve for ~14m.. I'd have taken him for that.

I'm starting to wonder what the plan is striker wise.. Mandzukic and Morata gone, Remy slipping past us..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 11:17

Cavani may become available soon... PSG need to open up room for Di Maria.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 12:34

sportsczy wrote:Cavani may become available soon... PSG need to open up room for Di Maria.

Any chance of him slashing his wages in half? Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 14:30

MJGunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Cavani may become available soon... PSG need to open up room for Di Maria.

Any chance of him slashing his wages in half? Laughing

Cheeky loan bid  hmm 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 14:32

apparently Podolski tweeted and deleted this:

Spoiler:

pls no.

didn't he already say he'd be staying? Sad

EDIT: 101greatgoals say that it's a fake.

@102greatgoals
Podolski 'Road to Sevilla' Tweet was a fake, apologies. Had been published, and is still up on several Spanish paper sites (MD).

Last edited by MJGunner on Sat 19 Jul 2014 - 14:36; edited 1 time in total
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next