sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:02 am

His lack of pressing and weaker defensive contribution (fewer tackles and interceptions but more fouls than Lallana and Coutinho), general tendency to move only toward goal rather than into space in deeper areas to open up places for other players to exploit, and lack of overall pace in a team that relies heavily on high intensity pressing from it's attackers and lightning quick counter attacks would mean that both Coutinho and Lallana, while being overall weaker players, are better options in the current system... particularly given their lower prices and MASSIVELY lower wages.

Last edited by RedOranje on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 am

Chumlum wrote:I think Fabregas might have done well at Liverpool, where he'd essentially be an upgrade on Coutinho (i.e., he's a better player, but less positionally versatile).

Doesn't matter either way since he is where he is now.

Quick hypothetical question, just for the hell of it: Gooners, which Liverpool player would you take at Arsenal this summer, if you could / had to take one? (Let's exclude Suarez for obvious reasons.)

An overall less mobile and less defensively inclined version of Coutinho who's spent much of his recent years operating in quite different positions... absolutely.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:11 am

Chumlum wrote:I think Fabregas might have done well at Liverpool, where he'd essentially be an upgrade on Coutinho (i.e., he's a better player, but less positionally versatile).

Doesn't matter either way since he is where he is now.

Quick hypothetical question, just for the hell of it: Gooners, which Liverpool player would you take at Arsenal this summer, if you could / had to take one? (Let's exclude Suarez for obvious reasons.)

Hmm, Sturridge.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 am

Isn't part of Liverpools success attributed to Rodgers tactical variety and pragmatism? There are work-arounds to every one of the faults you've listed there. He isn't a perfect fit for Mou's Chelsea either.

You can get away with your player in the hole not being a work horse in defence.. Also, on the contrary, Cesc has proven to be very effective in a fast counter-attacking side. He hasn't been playing in one since he left Arsenal.

Anyway. Hypotheticals.. lets agree to disagree. Good luck to LFC for the season.

As for which LFC player I would take.. Flanno or Sturridge.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:33 am

I've been sucked in:

Look at that movement, should we sign him... Özil and Ramsey will have a lot of fun with him and Walcott even though he will be a lot less restricted and will play with the ball at his feet more than at Barcelona.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am

Urbi! Stttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppphhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:44 pm

"Scouting"

Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:44 pm

If I could take one Liverpool player, it'd be Sturridge. Quality striker that'll only get better.

Saw this floating around this morning:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 BsAFLdXIgAIzQLK

Apparently says Juventus no longer trying to sign Sanchez as they can't afford him. Arsenal will pay €40mil (about £32mil) for him and give him a €7mil salary (about £5.5mil which would be £105k p/w).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:01 pm

That's still a steal :coffee:

It would be Sturridge for me as well. I was saying that even when the question included Suarez (can't deny his brilliance but I'd prefer my players to not be insane)
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:04 pm

I thought we were paying 25m quid for him. 32? Wow! (Admittedly, I have no idea what his transfer value is and I am only going by YouTube and your comments on how much he will improve us, really!)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Fee reports are, as usual, kind of all over the place. £32 million would be on the steep end, but realistic.

Barca spent €26 million on Alexis, plus potential add-ons for up to another €10-12m, when they bought him from Udinese in 2011.

Considering that he's 25, just finished a very good season for the club, and had a solid World Cup, you'd think they would want to hold out for as much money as they can. From a seller's standpoint, he should turn them a profit.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:17 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/08/alexis-sanchez-flying-to-london-to-complete-arsenal-transfer-after-rejecting-juventus-and-ac-milan-4790511/
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Vermaelen: “I really do not know where I will play, Arsenal or elsewhere next season,” he’s quoted as saying by the Evening Standard after his country’s World Cup exit at the hands of Argentina.

“All my attention went to the World Cup. I will see when I talk with Arsenal.”

Who should replace him if we let him go?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Liverpool are looking to offload one of Skrtl or Agger. How do you guys feel about signing Agger? I mean sure he is a little injury prone, but he is a class CB when healthy. Would be a great backup choice imo.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know how doing business with Liverpool would go down, seems relations have soured since last summer and now (if we sign Sanchez) there might be a tad bit more bad blood.

Maybe somebody a bit younger, Veltman anyone?

Someone we could buy for around the same price we sell Vermaelen for. Then maybe we could have Miquel as 4th choice unless he's moved on again, or permanently (idk how he did at Leicester tbh but he's still only 21)
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:28 pm

For whatever it's worth ...

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · 23m

Convinced Alexis will be an Arsenal player very soon. He wants 2 play 4 Wenger. And the transfer fee won't be huge. Sound business by AFC
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Agger isn't going to want to go from one bench to another, he'll look for a little step down like Napoli where he can start regularly.

For the CB position I'd like us to get someone who's comfortable enough to play RCB and LCB, so when one of our CB's gets injured we don't have to move the other one out of position aswell. Someone like Sevilla's Fazio, Basel's Schär or Manolas the Greek defender.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Chumlum wrote:For whatever it's worth ...

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · 23m

Convinced Alexis will be an Arsenal player very soon. He wants 2 play 4 Wenger. And the transfer fee won't be huge. Sound business by AFC

Even a broken clock is right twice a day  hmm 
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:42 pm

A CB as well? That would mean RB, CF/RW, C/DM, GK, CB. I doubt Wenger will make so many changes to the squad. The first two seem like priorities anyway.

I know it's depth signings and not going to change the starting XI too much (the other 3 signings, that is). But it's hard to find someone who'll be willing to sit on the bench, especially if they think they are good enough to be starting. It's a player driven market, afterall..

Regarding Miquel- I had high hopes from him, but I don't think he has impressed enough to stay much longer at the club. Hayden probably has more chances than him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Arsenal fans waiting for the Alexis Sánchez deal to be completed.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 BsBZnZ4IYAA3nRj
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Retweeted by Darren
Michael Bridge @MichaelBridge_ · 11m

Significant Arsenal transfer news coming up at 5 on #ssn #afc
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Michael Bridge ‏@MichaelBridge_ 2m

We understand Alexis Sánchez has instructed his representatives to conclude a deal with Arsenal, despite interest from Juventus. #afc
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:08 pm

SSN: Debuchy deal to be concluded in next 48 hours.

Always suspicious of sources that stick a timeframe on transfers. Bet it'll be next week that Debuchy is confirmed.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:11 pm

You guys don't need to worry. Knowing Barca you'll probably get him at around 20-30 million euros in 10-15 installments over the next 8 years, with us giving you Deulofeu on loan with an option to buy at 3 million euros.

Zubi Proud

Alexis would be an amazing catch for you guys, but do you guys then still plan on bagging a striker who will net you 20+ goals a season or will you guys stick with the likes of giroud?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Giroud I guess..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:33 pm

to back up sky with Spanish sources
MUNDO DEPORTIVO: Agreement between Barca and Arsenal for Alexis
SPORT: Sanchez to Arsenal for 38M!
Sport saying that first Arsenal and Barcelona will announce the Sanchez deal and then Barcelona and Liverpool will announce the Suarez deal
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next