Pedram
Zealous
Lord Spencer
48 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Carlo Ancelotti Fan Club - Page 6 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti Fan Club

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 15, 2016 6:04 am

futbol_bill wrote:Well, I'll agree about Benitez, but too early to tell about Zidane. Getting us to CL final, whether we win or not, particularly after what he inherited and in only half a season, it's not bad, and he may yet equal Carlo's result in only a half season!!! Not bad for a rookie interim coach.

It is too bad that Carlo was let go, but let's not ignore his damaging flaws and pretend that he is the best coach out there. He is good, I will say that.

He also had the easiest CL final run-up in history, Carlo would have undoubtedly delivered Real to the same place.

You're acting like Carlo is a good coach but there are many more like him around, when in reality I struggle to think of 5 that could possibly be considered better than him (Pep, Allegri, Simeone... Ranieri? Mou?)

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 am

I love Carlo but let's be honest here and put some perspective, he's literally never had a shit team in his career. Stacked team after stacked team all in their primes for the most part.

Bayern - Robben, Neuer, Lewa, Muller, Ribery, Thiago, Hummels, Lahm, Costa, Martinez, Boateng etc

Madrid - Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, Bale, Varane, Alonso, Marcelo, Modric, Casillas, Ramos, Keylor, Kroos, James, Isco etc

PSG - Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Veratti, Pastore, Lavezzi, Matuidi, Motta, Lucas Maura etc.

Chelsea - Drogba, Cech, Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Essien, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Malouda, Deco, Torres etc

Milan - Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Cafu, Rivaldo, Dida, Crespo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Stam, Constacurta, Redondo, Pato, Ronaldinho etc

Juventus - Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Edgar Davids, Van Der Sar, Zambrotta, Trezeguet, Conte, Ferrara etc

Parma - Buffon, Crespo, Thuram, Cannavaro, Asprilla, Chiesa, Dino Baggio, Fiore etc
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun May 15, 2016 7:12 am

rincon wrote:Yeah Carlo destroyed Madrid getting them their first CL in over 10 years...

Best coach in the world.

easy example for you

carlo: benzema doesn't need to score to play well= 1 shot and 15 touches a games, literally a bystander feeding on scraps and getting blamed for everything

rafa: benzema needs to score goals, 2 if he wants to play 90 mins = 3 shots and 40 touches, started scoring almost a goal game, fans never booed him once all season.

rafa even made bale stop his poor man cr impressions, by actually giving him a real role in the team, and stop that sidekick stuff.

crazy what real coaching does right? but your gonna tell me carlo would have done the same thing with an extra season? im certain it would have been the same as the previous 2 seasons, its obvious why cr and ramos loved him and hated rafa, one lets them getaway with w/e they want and the other tried to actually hold them responsible for their mistakes.

I like carlo but he ain't perfect and ever since rm fired him, everybody treating him like he is some holy saint, typical agenda stuff.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Well, I'll agree about Benitez, but too early to tell about Zidane. Getting us to CL final, whether we win or not, particularly after what he inherited and in only half a season, it's not bad, and he may yet equal Carlo's result in only a half season!!! Not bad for a rookie interim coach.

It is too bad that Carlo was let go, but let's not ignore his damaging flaws and pretend that he is the best coach out there. He is good, I will say that.

He also had the easiest CL final run-up in history, Carlo would have undoubtedly delivered Real to the same place.

You're acting like Carlo is a good coach but there are many more like him around, when in reality I struggle to think of 5 that could possibly be considered better than him (Pep, Allegri, Simeone... Ranieri? Mou?)
rr

You're still ignoring Carlo's flaws. He is good, I'll give you thst but in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to say same about Zidane, easy run to the CL ( that's debatable by the way) or not. He was let go because of his flaws. Period. Stop making him out to be best coach in world. there are others with impressive resumes as well. But to hold on to the job he had he had to overcome his flaws and he didn't. End of story!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 15, 2016 8:36 am

The teams with which Carlo lost league titles was criminal:
-  Milan teams even after Juve was out due to their issues... nuf said.
-  Chelsea collapse.
-  Only PSG coach in the Qatar era to not win the league.  He was handed a lead too lol.
-  Real Madrid even though both Barca and Atleti were handing it to him that one season. Wouldn't accept the gift.

Doesn't manage the squad well and they burn out.  Very good cup coach... one of the best there.  But that's just half the job.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 am

Carlo Ancelotti: 'Jose Mourinho and Manchester United is a good wedding'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/24/carlo-ancelotti-jose-mourinho-and-manchester-united-is-a-good-we/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Actually a fantastic read.

some quotes if you can't be bothered reading it

“There are different opinions about the job of Van Gaal, no? My opinion is that he arrived in a moment when he needed to rebuild a team after Rio Ferdinand, after [Paul] Scholes, after [Ryan] Giggs, after Ferguson and it takes time. The same thing happened to Milan. When Milan lost [Paolo] Maldini, [Gennaro] Gattuso, [Filippo] Inzaghi it was difficult to rebuild the team quickly, they needed time. The last year they [United] showed they have really good young players. And maybe with Mourinho they could have a step forward.”

When it is ventured that the expectation at United is unnaturally high, Ancelotti laughs. “The expectation at Manchester City is not high? It is high everywhere. The job is difficult but behind this you have the passion … I have a good relationship with Mourinho. [In the past] we had some discussion through newspapers. But I still have a good relationship. I’m not saying we talked every day but sometimes we sent regards through our mutual friends.”

It is telling that some of the biggest names, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Terry and Maldini, have contributed chapters to the book. “I know if I have a good result the relationship [with the owner] is good,” Ancelotti says. “If I have a bad result the relationship with the owner is not good. For me the relationship with the owner is not so important. I have respect for them but I have to be focused on the relationship with my team.”

He tells a story in the book about reprimanding Ibrahimovic who had admonished a player promoted from PSG’s junior teams to train with the first-team squad. Unimpressed with the performance, the Swede had told the player in question to “go home and write in your diary that you trained with Zlatan today, because I think it could be the last time that you do”.

Bearing that in mind, would Ibrahimovic be the ideal signing for a United team requiring that experience to guide the younger generation?

“I think he [Ibrahimovic] is not young but still fit,” Ancelotti says. “He has a real winning mentality. Maybe Manchester United need this kind of player with experience. They are all young .

“When I arrived at Chelsea, they had the culture and the organisation you would expect of Manchester United or Real Madrid. You cannot change the culture and the tradition and the history of these clubs. You can bring your idea and your style.

“I think Manchester City signed Guardiola for this reason, to establish a new identity, a new style, a new culture. At the end Manchester City is a young team, it is not a team with the tradition of Manchester United or Arsenal.”

For me, Arsene is one of the greatest managers in football. What he has done at Arsenal is incredible and every manager knows and respect that. People don't understand him sometimes and he is quite stubborn at times too, however you ask every manager and they would kill to have his respect and his intelligence. He is always talked highly in every manager gather we have.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed May 25, 2016 5:08 am

If Carlo had been available, MU would have hired him before Mou. Great manager.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:12 pm

The true way Proud educating the masses that real carbonara does not have cream

Although the "true" carbonara uses guanciale (pork cheek) and pecorino instead of pancetta and parmesan.

7/10
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Important to put the egg on it only at the very end basically after turning off the flame.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 pm

It's a delicate process as you do not want it to coagulate, the egg should be sticky but not solid. Some will suggest mixing it with the guanciale and its grease prior to putting the egg in to allow it some cooling.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's a delicate process as you do not want it to coagulate, the egg should be sticky but not solid. Some will suggest mixing it with the guanciale and its grease prior to putting the egg in to allow it some cooling.

Can you elaborate?

Because I do my Spaghetti Carbonara, and I do them not often but fairly regularly, probably a bit Guerilla style. I don't actually mix the egg with the cheese beforehand. I'm willing to improve though.

I just fry bacon and onion, turn down the heat, add garlic, add the Spaghetti along just a little of the water they've cooked in, add a bunch of grated Parmiggiano (I will take the advice and try Pecorino, Pecorino is actually slightly cheaper than Parmiggiano here, though the cheapest is the boring variant Grana Padano), and then turn off the flame, wait 10 seconds and just break 2 eggs into the pan which I then quickly mix into the Spaghetti, add pepper froma mill and quickly serve it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 pm

You know that the competition for league title is not enough when manager of the defending champions spends considerable time in teaching culinary arts.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Hans I think in that instance it's fine, I think it's more common to mix the bacon/pancetta/guanciale after draining the pasta on which case you would do this prior to mixing in the egg, but I think your method might be closer to how Roman miners did it back when.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:50 pm

I don't think they actually did mining.

I think they burned stuff to charcoal in ovens all day.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm

This is the best thread derailment we have ever had on GL

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 pm

@BC yeah I'm fine with the result mostly.
Still I'm trying to optimize, professionalize and diversify my cooking, which isn't that expansive tbh, at all times, so any details you can give me on the pasta preparing habits of Buenos Aires' (is that where you grew up?) exile-Italian community are more than welcome.

One thing about pasta alla carbonara of course is, it is definitively NOT kosher.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 pm

personally I have found that adding ketchup helps it taste a lot better.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm

please we had the ketchup discussion before

this is the Carlo Ancelotti's appreciation thread and I don't think he'd appreciate ketchup on his carbonara.

still, I'm tempted to post again the vid of GoodFellas with De Niro pouring half a bottle of Ketchup on Joe Pesci's mom's food
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 pm

actually I got to start cooking my sugo for spaghetti now which i hope will be ready in time to go along with the first half of Monaco City
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:15 pm

I have huge respect for the guys who can cook because am like the worst cook in the world lol. U tell me to boil water and I will find atleast 3 ways to screw that up Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:45 am

Lucifer wrote:I have huge respect for the guys who can cook because am like the worst cook in the world lol. U tell me to boil water and I will find atleast 3 ways to screw that up Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thkDWSUzQDo

Hapless_Hans wrote:@BC yeah I'm fine with the result mostly.
Still I'm trying to optimize, professionalize and diversify my cooking, which isn't that expansive tbh, at all times, so any details you can give me on the pasta preparing habits of Buenos Aires' (is that where you grew up?) exile-Italian community are more than welcome.

One thing about pasta alla carbonara of course is, it is definitively NOT kosher.

Unfortunately I don't have much wisdom to impart on Italian cooking as my mom did most of it. I can teach the Argentine ways of cooking beef though, which won't be much use to you in Germany as you're unlikely to have one of these bad boys: get the best quality beef you can (usually half the price in Argentina than in Europe) then set them meat to about 20 cms higher than the coals and grill with very low heat (with the embers of the coal if possible) for several hours. Salt to taste. Ta da.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 21, 2017 11:07 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin