Jonathan28
shinigami99
futbol
53 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Luis Enrique - Page 8 Empty Re: Luis Enrique

Post by futbol Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Messi is getting him sacked obviously with the stunt he is pulling right now. alexjanosik in a dilemma who to support now. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:24 am

Barcelona have an overall record of 19-4-2 in the 2014-15 season, competing for a title in La Liga, Copa del Rey and UEFA Champions League. And yet things don't look good for the Blaugrana. Following a disappointing loss to Real Sociedad on Sunday night, some worrying reports coming out of Catalunya suggest that the team is in worse shape than the numbers might say.

On Monday morning, eleven thousand fans (a lot of them kids) packed the Mini Estadi to watch an open training session organized by coach Luis Enrique. They saw a personal show by Neymar and players like Rakitic and Suárez loved the experience. But one absence stole the headlines.

Lionel Messi missed the practice, due to what the club called a gastroenteritis. But that's not the entire story. According to sources, Messi didn't show up to training because he can't stand coach Luis Enrique anymore. Since Lucho arrived, the relationship between the boss and the club's biggest star was never good. Leo was reportedly disappointed with Enrique's tactical change that made Messi less of a goalscorer and more of a facilitator. As the best player in the world, Messi has been flawless in his new role on the team, but he's doing it to be professional, not because he wants it, sources say.

Things have gotten worse between the two after the El Clásico loss to Real Madrid, a game in which Messi definitely underperformed. Since that game, Leo has been unstoppable, but he's not happy at all this season. In the eyes of a few players in the locker room, Enrique hasn't given Messi the same freedom Leo had before. One source said: "it seems like Lucho is trying to force his authority down Leo's troath".

According to the reports, the locker room is divided. Captains like Xavi and Andrés Iniesta have tried to make peace between coaches and players, but there's a substantial portion of the locker room that has backed Messi on the issue, including Neymar Jr., who is reportedly having some problems of his own with Enrique.

Perhaps that's what's caused Ney and Leo to watch most of the game against Sociedad from the bench. Again according to reports, the two players had a heated discussion with Enrique when they heard about being benched.

Things definitely don't look good for Barça. Not only on the pitch, but in the locker room.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 am

Lucho trying to pull his strength against Messi AND Neymar is just ridiculous. Dafuq kinda club does he think Barca is? He can't just go around messing with our best players, it's gonna cause is to go on losing streaks, which is happening. So at the end of the season, he can say he won the personel battle with the locker, but what about the teams battle against the rest of the teams? we are here to compete for trophies, not to make Luis Enrique look like the boss.

A boss warrants respect, and so far he hasn't gotten it and that's why players are turning on him. It's that simple. The fans don't like him, the players don't like him...I means whats going on here?

And I actually believe that story because I posted a similar article earlier in the season that stated allot of players had a difficult time with his tactics and had no faith in him (this was around the time we lost to PSG and Real M.)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:39 am

The scary thing is that Barcelona don't have a plan. Even with Messi and Neymar on the pitch I doubt Barcelona would have won. I said that his appointment was more emotional than one with common sense. Paco Jemez would have been perfect for this squad. He is the only other manager that I can think of that uses positional play. As usual Barcelona cause their own problems. Better pray Laporta comes back to the club.

Tactically he is an amateur at best and Barcelona are relying on individuals rather than the collective. inesta is playing so far away from goal as well. That's why I don't get when people say he is flopping :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 pm

barca management is a like a newb gambler; won big once (appointing pep from barca B, trebel etc) and now they keep coming back thinking they can win big again. Hire competent people, stop with this boys club mentality.

We're at the halfway mark and have lost 3 matches in la liga already ffs.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm

That article is such bullshit Laughing not a single quote, "sources say" Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:31 pm

jibers wrote:The scary thing is that Barcelona don't have a plan. Even with Messi and Neymar on the pitch I doubt Barcelona would have won.

Obviously not. The last Barca manager who won at Anoeta was Rijkaard. Laughing

jibers wrote:Paco Jemez would have been perfect for this squad. He is the only other manager that I can think of that uses positional play.

That's nonsense. Paco Jemez is as unproven and as much of a gamble as Lucho. What makes him "perfect"? Because he plays suicidal attacking football with a relegation team? That makes him likeable maybe, not a suitable Barca manager. Whenever we play Rayo Vallecano they are far and away tactically the most naive team in the league. I don't think I've seen Pique directly assist a goal with a simple over the top ball like this in any other game in his career:

Against Rayo he put several balls like this in a single game, not all were converted. Now imagine Barca playing in this manner against deadly counterattacking teams like Madrid. And you just know Jemez would play like this no matter what with Barca if he doesn't even alter his style with Rayo. Laughing

Spielverlagerung had an in-depth analysis of Rayo's style. They showed in pictures how Rayo are just pressing chaotically, several players closing down the same opponent, leaving gaps all over the place. Positional play my ass.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:12 pm

A timeline of the Messi vs Luis Enrique crisis according to Catalan media

Preface: Sport reports that LE and Messi have long had a tumultous relationship, especially because LE does not talk to players individually but rather recriminates everyone publicly. Up until now they have tried to keep up appereances.

Disagreement: Sport reports that LE wanted Messi and the Brazilians to return the 30th of December but Messi responded that he didn't have tickets until the 2nd and LE changed his plans accordingly. MD reports that LE granted permission to Messi and the Brazilians to return late on account of the upcoming Copa America.

Friday 2nd: Sport and MD report that upon Messi returning from vacations on Friday he was part of a 5 v 5 training session in which LE was acting as the ref. A teammate fell harshly on Messi and Messi complained, but LE sided with the other player. This led to a harsh exchange of words that gradually escalated as neither side backed down.

Sunday 4th: MD claims that after Messi's unexpected benching he complained again with the team's psychologist and trusted advisor of LE, Joaquin Valdes, at the Anoeta tunnel. It was reported that this argument had actualy been with LE but mundodeportivo claims this has been dismissed by Messi's entourage.

COPE claims that Messi had an argument with LE after the match in which Messi said that Le believed himself "master and lord" of the changing room.

Monday 5th: Messi misses an open training session. Spanish media immediatly runs stories of Messi being against LE due to the timing. Sport reports that they tried to contact Messi for 2 hours without being able to reach him. FC Barcelona's official website dismiss this and claim he has a stomach flu. Messi posts on facebook and says he has a stomach flu and would like to be at the training session. Sport claims that LE is pissed at this and wants to open a case into whether is actually sick or not. Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta dissuade him, arguing that this will only make the problem worse, but promise to have an intervention with Messi on Wednesday. 

Catalan media are also reporting that Bart has given LE a 2 game ultimatum to turn things around, making this miss especially untimely. Meanwhile, Messi likes Chelsea and 2 of their players on instagram.

Tuesday 6th: MD reports that Messi went to the Ciutat Esportiva to visit the medical services in spite of today being a day off for the team. Sport reports that the captains will hold a meeting with Messi on Wednesday morning. They claim that they believe Messi was actually sick and at the hospital during the training session. They will do what they can to make sure this ends as soon as possible.

Some disclaimers. None of these include a single quote, it very well may be that 100% of these stories are bullshit. In fact, this is likely.

It's fun to see how the lines are drawn. MD is pro-board and while running these stories they will call Messi "King Messi", run stories about how Neuer and CR7 will get more votes in the Ballon D'Or, how Puyol already had privately announced he was leaving in December, and how much money Messi is worth (obviously suggesting selling him would be great financially).

Sport on the other hand is anti-board and is running stories about how Zubi was bad but Bart is worse, express outrage at LE for wanting to open a formal case on Messi, and are finding excuses for Zubi to make Bart look worse.

The club will have an emergency board meeting on Wednesday as well as a press conference. Lots of things to watch out for.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Mourinho's 3th season-esque drama. :bow:

Imagine Messi leaving the club because he couldn't take a decision in a 5-a-side training game. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Would you guys be happy if Enrique gets sacked because of Messi?

If all this was a ploy to get him fired... What an asshole-ish thing to do :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Casciavit wrote:Would you guys be happy if Enrique gets sacked because of Messi?

If all this was a ploy to get him fired... What an asshole-ish thing to do :facepalm:

But Messi is a good boy that every mother would like to have it at home Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Casciavit wrote:Would you guys be happy if Enrique gets sacked because of Messi?

While all the press attention is in Messi the fact is that the board are not very happy with LE even before that. They fired Zubi before Messi started acting like a diva and LE was Zubi's choice.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:10 pm

All joking aside, even if Enrique is incompetent and Barca improve with another coach, even if Barca go on to win the treble (which won't happen because someone like de Boer or Paco Jemez is not going to suddenly dominate with Xaviesta in midfield again, even Sacchi, Cruyff and Rinus Michels won't), it's not the business of a player to get a manager sacked in this manner because he got benched or had a little dispute in training. It's a complete joke but that's how modern football works from now on I suppose.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:00 pm

The argument over the 5 a side game is not the cause but a symptom of how poor the relationship between both are.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:46 pm

LE messing with messi...
Btw, i doubt messi really wants to leave cause of this whole drama, but if at all it is true, then messi is surely an asswipe with all these antics. I mean at his age? How many is he going to sack? Anyway, like i said, i highly doubt it, he seems to have too much class for it.
Inb4 a press conference is held and they tell us that all iz vell.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdar Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 am

Messi wants good results and titles. It makes him to be the best player. Its simply. Bad results and bad coaching makes him angry. It has nothing to do with training incident. Its just fuel on fire. Messi is angry at everything

And Enrique is behaving like an idiot. Instead of feeling shame for sociedad loss and hiding at his home for a few days he comes and acts like a boss and tries to show who is the boss by punishing messi. Such an idiot. See who manages barca. Mentally abnormal persons

You dont come and bully a person who played 15 years won 30 titles and make history books in barca

adamdar
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:None of these include a single quote, it very well may be that 100% of these stories are bullshit. In fact, this is likely.

That's the thing I take away from this whole ordeal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:24 am

Yeah I'm frankly amazed that Spanish media is able to print out so many stories without naming a source, let alone providing actual quotes. Martino recently said "In Argentina media are much more tame, they might take a quote out of context or exaggerate, but in Spain they straight out lie" (paraphrasing).

The only facts we know for sure are:

Barca fired Zubi.
Puyol resigned.
Messi missed training. The club and player confirmed he has a stomach flu.
Messi liked Instagram and 2 Chelsea players on instagram.

That's it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:59 am

Embarrassing journalism to be honest. Some of the articles could've been written by twelve year olds. "Sources say". "Reports confirm". Pls.

Of course if Messi leaves or LE is sacked I'll have to take this all back Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:20 am

so if LE is sacked it's due to messi?
surely not his incompetence right?

the media is truly funny and the fact a lot of people believe it is worse then the media itself.
instagram/twitter following is now the most reliable transfer rumor website apparently..  Laughing

also people reject certain reporters such as Guillem Balague when he says things like ronaldo calls messi names but suddenly when it appeals to their agenda he is the most credible source...
:whistle:

at first i thought the threads were funny because i thought it was a joke within gl but some people honestly do believe these rumors that have no real source other then twitter..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:44 am

Fußball wrote:
jibers wrote:The scary thing is that Barcelona don't have a plan. Even with Messi and Neymar on the pitch I doubt Barcelona would have won.

Obviously not. The last Barca manager who won at Anoeta was Rijkaard. Laughing

jibers wrote:Paco Jemez would have been perfect for this squad. He is the only other manager that I can think of that uses positional play.

That's nonsense. Paco Jemez is as unproven and as much of a gamble as Lucho. What makes him "perfect"? Because he plays suicidal attacking football with a relegation team? That makes him likeable maybe, not a suitable Barca manager. Whenever we play Rayo Vallecano they are far and away tactically the most naive team in the league. I don't think I've seen Pique directly assist a goal with a simple over the top ball like this in any other game in his career:

Against Rayo he put several balls like this in a single game, not all were converted. Now imagine Barca playing in this manner against deadly counterattacking teams like Madrid. And you just know Jemez would play like this no matter what with Barca if he doesn't even alter his style with Rayo. Laughing

Spielverlagerung had an in-depth analysis of Rayo's style. They showed in pictures how Rayo are just pressing chaotically, several players closing down the same opponent, leaving gaps all over the place. Positional play my ass.

He does use positional play. The whole team moves together when they build up moves. Even Pep acknowledged this! My point is that Rayo always create chances, clear cut chances. They also aren't capable of retaining the ball against teams because they don't have the quality. I would have liked to see him try his philsophy with Barcelona. He does have a few problems that yo mentioned but I would still have loved to see him at Barcelona. With the High line, even Bayern have that problem!

I remember the game they played against Madrid, they created more goal scoring opportunities than Barcelona did. Rayo concede a lot of their goals through individual error which theoretically (emphasis on theoretically Laughing) should be less. I prefer as well because unlike Scrubrique, he has a clear plan. Hell, even Tata was better than this guy.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Fußball wrote:Messi is getting him sacked obviously with the stunt he is pulling right now. alexjanosik in a dilemma who to support now. Laughing

I support neither. Scrubrique isnt good enough to coach a pub team let alone Barcelona.The sooner we get rid of him the better.
This episode also confirms what I have been saying all along about Messi.Guy has gotten too big and wields too much power.Should have been sold in the summer.I dont care what he has done.He is not bigger than the club.He can get the hell out along with Scrubrique.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:49 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Fußball wrote:Messi is getting him sacked obviously with the stunt he is pulling right now. alexjanosik in a dilemma who to support now. Laughing

I support neither. Scrubrique isnt good enough to coach a pub team let alone Barcelona.The sooner we get rid of him the better.
This episode also confirms what I have been saying all along about Messi.Guy has gotten too big and wields too much power.Should have been sold in the summer.I dont care what he has done.He is not bigger than the club.He can get the hell out along with Scrubrique.

Messi is in a very unique position tbh. Only CRs relationship with Real Madrid is comparable. The problem is noone has the stones to get rid of him AND no team can afford him under FFP restrictions.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdar Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:11 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

You dont care what he has done.
Ok so selfish and angry man blames messi for being selfish and angry. Would you do anything better if you were messi? Of course no. You would probably kidnapp enrique's child and demand resign

But i doubt you mean what you say.its probably anger which happens after every loss

adamdar
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:20 pm

whats more hilarious is all messi did was follow chelsea on instagram and somehow he is the mastermind behind all of this..
Laughing who knew one click could change the whole team/board.
people believe what they wanna believe.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:39 am

But you also want to believe what you want to believe, that Messi has done nothing, which may not be the case either.

I think the truth is, nobody on the outside (media included) know anything and can only make assumptions on limited knowledge or in the media's case, just make things up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next