Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

+71
MaraVilla
zizzle
Nishankly
windkick
Jonathan28
vivabarca38
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
Rebaño Sagrado
ExtremistEnigma
urbaNRoots
Ganso
Pedram
matpol
Abramovich
Gil
Casciavit
LeVersacci
farfan
Hapless_Hans
futbol
Lord Spencer
The Franchise
Donuts
teamanarchy
LuckAndWin
guest_07
huntsman
Valkyrja
El Chelsea Fuerte
Mr_Puyol
Collblanc
SaintJoe
chad4401
cyberman
zenmaster
guest7
RealGunner
Doc
Forza
halamadrid2
iftikhar
FennecFox7
CBarca
BarcaLearning
McLewis
Le Samourai
Khaled
El Gunner
RED
Arquitecto
Kamikaze692
The_Badger
McAgger
Robespierre
Tomwin Lannister
EL Patron
Mr Nick09
Magic Spray
boyzis
Art Morte
che
izzy
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
jibers
terrance511
Lex
M99
Firenze
Onyx
75 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 pm

liga: RM 0-1 ATM
cup: RM 3-0 ATM
cup: RM 2-0 ATM
liga: ATM 2-2 RM


Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by jibers Thu May 22, 2014 2:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Like I said half a dozen times already, dont think Costa will be missed.

With Villa' intelligent movement and Adrian's speed as a secondary runner, they will give Madrid enough problems. Ramos and Pepe biggest weaknesses to me are switching off and letting a runner in behind them. Those two biggest strengths are this.

The only thing they will miss from Costa is the potential of controversy and therefore decisions from the ref.

Exactly how I feel. Pepe and Ramos struggle when they don't face regular cfs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Lord Spencer Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:liga: RM 0-1 ATM
cup: ATM 3-0 ATM
cup: RM 2-0 ATM
liga: ATM 2-2 ATM

Nick you scrub, you gave my brain Cancer.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4504
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 22, 2014 2:42 pm

So as it stands, we are out Xabi, pepe, and possibly benzema Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 22, 2014 2:42 pm

I tried to decipher that code and gave up

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26892
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Thu May 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Basically Atletico can beat us nowadays, before it was just a routine win for us every game.

In terms of Pepe missing the final, although he's done well this season, Varane is probably more suited to this game due to his superior composure.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Atletico's shirt for the final:

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 BoP0lqYCcAMLEB7

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 22, 2014 3:50 pm

jibers wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Like I said half a dozen times already, dont think Costa will be missed.

With Villa' intelligent movement and Adrian's speed as a secondary runner, they will give Madrid enough problems. Ramos and Pepe biggest weaknesses to me are switching off and letting a runner in behind them. Those two biggest strengths are this.

The only thing they will miss from Costa is the potential of controversy and therefore decisions from the ref.

Exactly how I feel. Pepe and Ramos struggle when they don't face regular cfs.

no not at all

If you want to beat them you use fast skillful CFs. Somebody like Kun would give them a torrid time. Adrian won't because he doesn't make very good runs. Playing without a striker won't work either unless it's Messi who acts as both cf and midfielder


Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu May 22, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Duh, fast and skillful CFs are a poison to any CB
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by futbol Thu May 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Atletico will win this easily. When they lost in the Cup it was due to some crazy deflected goals and penalties with some key players missing for Atletico. Real can't be matchfit, physically or mentally. They've switched off completely since the Bayern game. You don't recover your best form just like that. Last time Ronaldo played a game was 3 weeks ago. Pepe missing who was by far their best defender in the CL. Alonso missing.

Easy victory for Atletico tbh who had to be alert and on their toes until the very last matchday in La Liga.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11254
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Azerbaidjan must have been feeling like a child on christmas all season rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Fußball wrote:Atletico will win this easily. When they lost in the Cup it was due to some crazy deflected goals and penalties with some key players missing for Atletico. Real can't be matchfit, physically or mentally. They've switched off completely since the Bayern game. You don't recover your best form just like that. Last time Ronaldo played a game was 3 weeks ago. Pepe missing who was by far their best defender in the CL. Alonso missing.

Easy victory for Atletico tbh who had to be alert and on their toes until the very last matchday in La Liga.

I wish my bet was with you No
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Fußball wrote:Atletico will win this easily. When they lost in the Cup it was due to some crazy deflected goals and penalties with some key players missing for Atletico. Real can't be matchfit, physically or mentally. They've switched off completely since the Bayern game. You don't recover your best form just like that. Last time Ronaldo played a game was 3 weeks ago. Pepe missing who was by far their best defender in the CL. Alonso missing.

Easy victory for Atletico tbh who had to be alert and on their toes until the very last matchday in La Liga.

this.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Thu May 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Yeh that's what I'm concerned about most. We've had a massive break since Bayern and our players aren't properly fit. Atletico on the other hand have played competitively all the way until last weekend.

It's why I don't really believe in resting players, unless it's just for 1 game. Players need to be in form in the weeks leading up to a big game. The likes of Ronaldo, Benzema etc weren't 100% injured, they could have played in some of the La Liga games after Bayern. We could have even won La Liga. Bigger risk, bigger reward.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 22, 2014 4:07 pm

I think the adrenaline will make our guys go that extra mile and play a game they never have before. Bayern already won CL last season so I can understand if they didn't fight like they did in the previous seasons. I know our performances kind of dropped off in recent games but there is only one game left, a game they have dreamt about since joining either as little kids (Carvajal) or as prospects (Ramos) or as superstars (Ronaldo). We have some mental midgets in our team make no mistake about it but most of our guys are fighters who will never let their fans down
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by jibers Thu May 22, 2014 4:10 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I think the adrenaline will make our guys go that extra mile and play a game they never have before. Bayern already won CL last season so I can understand if they didn't fight like they did in the previous seasons. I know our performances kind of dropped off in recent games but there is only one game left, a game they have dreamt about since joining either as little kids (Carvajal) or as prospects (Ramos) or as superstars (Ronaldo). We have some mental midgets in our team make no mistake about it but most of our guys are fighters who will never let their fans down

So why have you won only one major trophy in the last 5 years? Didn't Ramos and Ronaldo miss penalties against Bayern? Didn't pepe get send of in the semis in 2011 and get raped by lewa last year? What an odd statement. You just flopped in la liga...to the worst barca in 50 years from what I'm hearing...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Doc Thu May 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Why RM has only won 1 La Liga title in the last 5 years? Because 4 outta 5 times there was a team better than RM whether it be consistency or just simply better. These guys have determination but determination doesn't guarantee proper results.

More importantly, if RM wins, what's the excuse gonna be like?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15935
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 22, 2014 4:37 pm

jibers wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I think the adrenaline will make our guys go that extra mile and play a game they never have before. Bayern already won CL last season so I can understand if they didn't fight like they did in the previous seasons. I know our performances kind of dropped off in recent games but there is only one game left, a game they have dreamt about since joining either as little kids (Carvajal) or as prospects (Ramos) or as superstars (Ronaldo). We have some mental midgets in our team make no mistake about it but most of our guys are fighters who will never let their fans down

So why have you won only one major trophy in the last 5 years? Didn't Ramos and Ronaldo miss penalties against Bayern? Didn't pepe get send of in the semis in 2011 and get raped by lewa last year? What an odd statement. You just flopped in la liga...to the worst barca in 50 years from what I'm hearing...


We have had some failures regarding trophies in recent years no doubt. In many of them we have been very unlucky


Missing the penalties does not make them weak mentally. Guys like Ronaldo, Ibra and Messi usually shoot in one corner of the goal changing occasionally so when they face really good keepers like Neuer they get out thought. Ramos was never a good penalty taker to start with but I applaud him for taking it over some others that should have taken it. Very similar to DiMaria this season who also missed. It's funny because in the return leg when the pressure was really on us Ramos scored a wonderful goal he probably would've miseed had he been what you described him to be. Pepe didn't have the best of games last season but one game out of the how many high pressure games he has played does not suddenly make him a mental midget. I actually see him as one of our biggest warriors which is why I can't get over his abscence for the final. Lets not talk about the semi against Barca because it has been debated to death.

We lost the league this season at Celta but it all started vs Valencia. In that game we were missing Modric, Pepe and DiMaria three of our biggest fighters. At Valladolid we missed Ronaldo, Carvajal again two of our fighters and at Celta we missed them all bar Modric. I am not excusing the draws because we should beat these(bar Valencia) with our b team but as you can see we were missing the guys that have really carried this team this season and it's no suprise this selection of players are talked about the best this season both in the league and CL

I can't believe what you just wrote jibs.


Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu May 22, 2014 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Thu May 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Thibaut Courtois: Has successfully claimed more crosses (18) than any other goalkeeper in the Champions League this season

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by jibers Thu May 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Doc wrote:Why RM has only won 1 La Liga title in the last 5 years? Because 4 outta 5 times there was a team better than RM whether it be consistency or just simply better. These guys have determination but determination doesn't guarantee proper results.

More importantly, if RM wins, what's the excuse gonna be like?!

He said that they NEVER let the fans down. Ronaldo was booed for 3 games after he flopped vs Barcelona in the 11/12 season. That automatically invalidates that comment. Again coming 3rd in LA liga is not a let down for the fans? What kind of Madrid fans are on this forum? When did Madrid turn into arsenal?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 22, 2014 4:38 pm

We got this, we have paid our dues to football gods for the past 3 years. we have failed enough in CL that we have learned and we grew as a unit. It's our turn ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 22, 2014 4:47 pm

jibers wrote:
Doc wrote:Why RM has only won 1 La Liga title in the last 5 years? Because 4 outta 5 times there was a team better than RM whether it be consistency or just simply better. These guys have determination but determination doesn't guarantee proper results.

More importantly, if RM wins, what's the excuse gonna be like?!

He said that they NEVER let the fans down. Ronaldo was booed for 3 games after he flopped vs Barcelona in the 11/12 season. That automatically invalidates that comment. Again coming 3rd in LA liga is not a let down for the fans? What kind of Madrid fans are on this forum? When did Madrid turn into arsenal?

I think you misunderstood that post sorry, could've made it more clearer, for instance I feel some of our players would never leave such a game without having fought tooth and nail for it. That's what I meant when I said "never let the fans down". I would be very proud of the players if they went to Lisbon and left their hearts there, even if they did not win as long as I know they did everything they could and I am sure many others would feel the same way.

Regarding the booing, Bernabeu fans are known to be very demanding so when Ronaldo fails to score in some clasicos in a row despite scoring many against other teams they will bo him, especially if we dont win because with the price tag comes high expectations. Sometimes he can't give them that because despite trying his best he will still fail and that's when they need to be understanding. I've already talked about the league in my previous post
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Thu May 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Both Turan and Costa took part in training today, according to Cope.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Both Turan and Costa took part in training today, according to Cope.

mind games lol.

Can see Arda starting the game but hell no to Costa. The guy went to that vodoo doctor yesterday ffs no way he recovered today
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25034
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by farfan Thu May 22, 2014 6:30 pm

jibers wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I think the adrenaline will make our guys go that extra mile and play a game they never have before. Bayern already won CL last season so I can understand if they didn't fight like they did in the previous seasons. I know our performances kind of dropped off in recent games but there is only one game left, a game they have dreamt about since joining either as little kids (Carvajal) or as prospects (Ramos) or as superstars (Ronaldo). We have some mental midgets in our team make no mistake about it but most of our guys are fighters who will never let their fans down

So why have you won only one major trophy in the last 5 years? Didn't Ramos and Ronaldo miss penalties against Bayern? Didn't pepe get send of in the semis in 2011 and get raped by lewa last year? What an odd statement. You just flopped in la liga...to the worst barca in 50 years from what I'm hearing...

worst barça in 50 years?  Laughing  who's saying this ? for starters they're better than barça 2006-2008 , and let's not even talk about barcelona from 2000 to 2003  Laughing 

champions league quarter finals ( they reached it by spanking the premier league champions ) .
lost the league in the final day .
lost the cup final in the final minutes .

real and atletico were just better than them this season.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5633
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Thu May 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Real Madrid player boots for the final:

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 BoQwVVyCMAAilmU

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum