RED
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
RealGunner
Onyx
64 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 am

Yeah a tie would have still been great for liverpool. oh well, it is what it is..

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:26 am

I also like how the you lot are playing pick and choose Laughing

"The way you play against top 4 teams" as if we didn't outplay City home and away, outplay Liverpool at home and completely shaft Arsenal at home. 6 matches against the other 3 top teams and we defended deep in 2 of those games. But no, let's act like it happens every time.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:30 am

:coffee: didn't watch the game but this explains what happened for those who are looking for a good read

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/27/brendan-rodgers-learns-not-to-underestimate-jose-mourinhos-caution
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
Exactly. its shocking why the top 4 teams didnt give them some of their own medicine. liverpool have the players to sit deep and counter, but they were stubborn and they played possession.

I think we all know had it not been for Gerard they'd probably end the game 0-0 at the rate it was going and Rodgers would've been a bit more defensively set up holding onto a point which would still have Pool in the lead, but the first goal messed everything up for them.
This is nonsense. You do realize we had a stone wall handball penalty denied, right? Which means we wouldshould have been up 1-0 before the Gerrard error. "Messed up everything" yeah right Laughing

I unfortunately didn't see that PK claim, as I caught game during the second half, and Gerard error is all over the net, so its more noticeable.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 am

Around the 5:15 mark in the video here: http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-chelsea-hd-s14-w36/#more-575

Hand extended from the body and all. Stone wall peno.

Dunno if it'll be blocked soon but try to watch it as soon as you can. You can watch the entire video too of course lol.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:51 am

I just seen and it is a valid claim, but doesn't it seem a bit more like ball to hand rather hand to ball?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:52 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Funny how you speak about not having a finisher, yet despite dropping points against the scrub teams you guys seem to score goals against the bigger sides. I'll tell you something the reason the scrub teams beat you is because they use the same defensive set up you do, which makes it just as difficult for you guys to break down, were as the bigger sides attack you and you use the defensive set up and get the best out of them.
Exactly. its shocking why the top 4 teams didnt give them some of their own medicine. liverpool have the players to sit deep and counter, but they were stubborn and they played possession.

I think we all know had it not been for Gerard they'd probably end the game 0-0 at the rate it was going and Rodgers would've been a bit more defensively set up holding onto a point which would still have Pool in the lead, but the first goal messed everything up for them.
This is nonsense. You do realize we had a stone wall handball penalty denied, right? Which means we wouldshould have been up 1-0 before the Gerrard error. "Messed up everything" yeah right Laughing

Soooo... you're now doing exactly what Chelsea fans have been complaining about LFC fans doing since the match at the Bridge? Except in this case, you know, it DIDN'T actually alter the result of the match.  Rolling Eyes 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 am

I'm sure he didn't mean it, but the rule states that if the player's arm is extended from his body when the ball hits it, its a penalty. That's why you usually see defenders defending shots/crosses with their arms by their side. But Flanagan is inexperienced, so that probably played a role too. More often than not, that's given as a penalty.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 am

Blue Barrett wrote:I'm sure he didn't mean it, but the rule states that if the player's arm is extended from his body when the ball hits it, its a penalty. That's why you usually see defenders defending shots/crosses with their arms by their side. But Flanagan is inexperienced, so that probably played a role too. More often than not, that's given as a penalty.

Fair enough. The way most hand ball calls go nowadays you never know what the rules are.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:58 am

RedOranje wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Soooo... you're now doing exactly what Chelsea fans have been complaining about LFC fans doing since the match at the Bridge?  Except in this case, you know, it DIDN'T actually alter the result of the match.   Rolling Eyes 
I'm not complaining about the non call. I'm TELLING him that we would have been up 1-0 one way or another. If we had lost the match, I probably would have pointed to it but I wouldn't dwell on it. Same way I haven't been complaining about the Sunderland penalty against us last week because, quite frankly, we've gotten our fair share of calls this season as well.

Again, I was just trying to tell him that all things considered, we would have been up 1-0 with or without Gerrard's slip. But I like how you're trying to twist it in a way that seems like I'm whining about it Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 am

RedOranje wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Soooo... you're now doing exactly what Chelsea fans have been complaining about LFC fans doing since the match at the Bridge?  Except in this case, you know, it DIDN'T actually alter the result of the match.   Rolling Eyes 

On top of that, he's quite certain they were going to score. "Should" of been 1-0 up, what a joke.  Very Happy 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:39 am

So we would have missed the penalty had we gotten it is what you're saying? Laughing Alright, then.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10174945_570077363090633_8407952185098526559_n.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:So we would have missed the penalty had we gotten it is what you're saying? :lol:Alright, then.

No, I'm saying you could (NOT should) of got the lead; it wasn't guaranteed you were going to score by any means.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion - Page 9 BmUDEwkCMAAklq4

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:27 pm

The bitterness in this video by this pool fan is just.................wonderful Smile

rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion - Page 9 OeHbGyM

rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Lupi wrote::coffee: didn't watch the game but this explains what happened for those who are looking for a good read

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/27/brendan-rodgers-learns-not-to-underestimate-jose-mourinhos-caution

Rodgers didn't underestimated Mourinho. It was his over-caution that back-fired. He knew Chelsea will park the bus and instead of Starting Sturridge to find way around that, he started Lucas who apt in own third and useless in final third.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 am

Sums up my opinion on this match completely.....and then a whole lot more.

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:31 am

Nice to hear people who understand what it takes to win a football match.
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 am

Why do people presume that getting a penalty automatically equals a goal?

Yes, Chelsea should have had one for handball, but there's guarantee it would have been scored.

Deluded.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 am

iftikhar wrote:
Lupi wrote::coffee: didn't watch the game but this explains what happened for those who are looking for a good read

Rodgers didn't underestimated Mourinho. It was his over-caution that back-fired. He knew Chelsea will park the bus and instead of Starting Sturridge to find way around that, he started Lucas who apt in own third and useless in final third.

just read it, don't just read the title and the video the blue barrett posted basically explain the same thing, running out of ideas
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:24 am

Neville - Carragher best Pundits partnership EVER.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 am

RED wrote:The bitterness in this video by this pool fan is just.................wonderful Smile

rofl

Says the Man Utd fan who has sold his soul to support Man City all season Laughing , despite all the vile things Citizens always tell about Utd. I bet you are 10000 times more arsed about City vs. Everton game on Sat than your own game, and will probably watching the game with you Etihad jersey, kissing your "Aguerooooooooooooooooo" jersey badge whenever City score.  tongue 

You're the last person to talk about bitterness mate.

Everyone who knows and loves football, knows Mourinho is a butcher of the beautiful game.

Credit to him, he gets result, but so did Genghis Khan. He won a lot of land as well and conquered a lot of nations through killing people. He was successful too, but a butcher of human beings. That's what Mourinho is to football. If you agree with it, fair enough...go wank all over it.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:31 am

Just read over the thread btw.

Poor sods waited 4 months to come out at us. Let them have our fun.

Interesting that people who are most in joy are Arsenal fans though, they sound happier than even Chelsea fans, and even Man Utd fans Laughing .

Always thought 1991 was a sound guy, but glad action has been taken about his disgraceful comment. HB was so desperate, he stalked me on Twitter to talk crap...but action was taken against him as well thankfully. Love the mods on GL. Top lads.

and yes. A chelsea fan spat on the Hillsborough memorial while singing "Steven Gerrard, your cousin is dead". and he was beaten up badly by Liverpool fans there, and deservedly so. I hope they knocked him unconscious.

Still, 2 more games to go. This thread will be glorious, if the final twist gets us back on top. It's been a wonderful ride anyways.

Thankfully, 90%, a team that plays real football (City/Liverpool) will win the league and not a park a bus side.

Mourinho can have a parade for his "4 wins in 4 games vs. City/LFC trophy" at end of the season though, good on him !! He is the real moral winner !! Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Just read over the thread btw.

Poor sods waited 4 months to come out at us. Let them have our fun.

Interesting that people who are most in joy are Arsenal fans though, they sound happier than even Chelsea fans, and even Man Utd fans Laughing .

Always thought 1991 was a sound guy, but glad action has been taken about his disgraceful comment. HB was so desperate, he stalked me on Twitter to talk crap...but action was taken against him as well thankfully. Love the mods on GL. Top lads.

and yes. A chelsea fan spat on the Hillsborough memorial while singing "Steven Gerrard, your cousin is dead". and he was beaten up badly by Liverpool fans there, and deservedly so. I hope they knocked him unconscious.

Still, 2 more games to go. This thread will be glorious, if the final twist gets us back on top. It's been a wonderful ride anyways.

Thankfully, 90%, a team that plays real football (City/Liverpool) will win the league and not a park a bus side.

Mourinho can have a parade for his "4 wins in 4 games vs. City/LFC trophy" at end of the season though, good on him !! He is the real moral winner !! Proud

Liverpool vs Chelsea discussion - Page 9 Tissues
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next