Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

+33
Blue
BarcaLearning
ExtremistEnigma
The Legend
donttreadonred
Freeza
DeviAngel
jibers
vizkosity
Tomwin Lannister
TenMenWonTheLeague
RED
The Franchise
futbol
Robespierre
Lupi
The_Badger
Busby Babe
iftikhar
B-Mac
RealGunner
M99
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
Highburied
LeBéninois
Zero
Rebaño Sagrado
Hapless_Hans
urbaNRoots
Onyx
37 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 25 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 37

Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/22/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-manager

The Guardian wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson will be asked to take a prominent role in deciding Manchester United's next manager

There is hope Proud

It will be Celtic's Neil Lennon Proud

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:09 am

Art Morte wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/22/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-manager

The Guardian wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson will be asked to take a prominent role in deciding Manchester United's next manager

There is hope Proud

Paul Lambert.

Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 am

Busby Babe wrote:
While Barcelona manager, Van Gaal was introduced to a 14-year-old Gerard Pique by the young defender’s proud grandfather, who was a director at the club at the time.

Without so much as an introductory handshake, Van Gaal barged Pique to the floor and then leaned over the poor bugger and quipped: “You’re too weak to be a Barca defender!”

Laughing

Wow, van Gaal knew it over a decade ago. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:25 am

Van Gaal is a slimey, bully of a coach who wont last more than 2 seasons at any big club.

However, for those 2 years I think he could actually do a great job at Utd.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:29 am

Art Morte wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/22/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-manager

There is hope Proud

You've just made me quiver in fear. *shudders*

But he is Scottish, so that means he has about a 98% chance of getting the job  Embarassed 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 am

RED wrote:

There is hope Proud

You've just made me quiver in fear. *shudders*

But he is Scottish, so that means he has about a 98% chance of getting the job  Embarassed 

No he's not.

Lennon will end up at Norwich or someone of that ilk (I know you were joking about that to clarify)

Reckon Van Gaal is the only real candidate.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am

Neil Lennon is Irish. Northern Irish to be precise.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:48 am

The_Badger wrote:Neil Lennon is Irish. Northern Irish to be precise.

lol. My bad  Embarassed 

:facepalm:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am

IMO Neil Lennon can do better than Norwich or so. Might even be a candidate for Newcastle job if Pardew ever leaves/sacked?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:54 am

There is hope Proud

Is Hollway Scottish!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 am

That Pepe Mel guy is doing wonders with WBA

Would be shocked if he never got the job tbh
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann argues that Manchester United should consider replacing David Moyes with Rafa Benitez.

"It is certainly a name they should consider," he told talkSPORT. "They need somebody with a track record who can work with the big players, who knows what is required to get in the Champions League and play a big role in it for years to come.

"Rafa Benitez is in Italy at Napoli but his family still lives in the North West and he has always made it clear that he would love to return to the Premier League at some stage."

Benitez famously clashed with then-United manager Sir Alex Ferguson during his time at Anfield but Hamann believes that he would do well at Old Trafford.

"The way it is going at Liverpool, I don't think he will be there any time soon and he has been at Chelsea so there are not too many clubs out there for him," the former Reds midfielder added.

"I don't think Arsenal will suit him. He and Manchester United would be a very good match. He had a few run-ins with Ferguson but he only pointed out a few facts, as he would say."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 pm

the problem is LVG is not a long-term option...if they still want to stick to that philosophy of course. It's better to get back into top 4 next season than testing out the water again...
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Long term option? rofl

let me break this for you Laughing

Welcome to the "my manager is there for 2-3 years, 4 years is a miracle" world.

Long term Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Long term option? rofl

Long term Laughing

i guess it was a casual move to give an unproven manager 6 years deal then....they had considered the long term option a little, i bet. With a few safety nets to fall back upon such as final standing to terminate them early.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Long term option? rofl

Long term Laughing

Laughing

Yup, SAF will never happen again. I really don't understand this whole long term obsession tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Doesnt matter what deal you give to your manager, reality is that he will stay 3-4 years top. Less in average.

i mean you just sacked your manager after 10 months, lmao.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Just don't touch Conte.

I think Siemone. If he wins the league with Atl. he will leave for Utd if they contact him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Just don't touch Conte.

I think Siemone. If he wins the league with Atl. he will leave for Utd if they contact him

You can keep him. I don't want United playing 352 in Europe and in the EPL Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Lulcas11
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:48 pm

jibers wrote:

You can keep him. I don't want United playing 352 in Europe and in the EPL Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 2 Lulcas11
As you wish Smile, 3-5-2 will bring us europe next season to Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 pm

what about carlos queiroz?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am

Lupi wrote:what about carlos queiroz?

Great coach, just doesn't cut it as a manager. Like how Mulesteen(sp?) proved at Fulham.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 am

jibers wrote:

yeah surely United has never thought to him.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:32 am

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes interim boss Ryan Giggs deserves to be given the job at Old Trafford permanently.

The Welshman is not believed to be in the running to fill the vacancy on a permanent basis, with Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti and Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal believed to be the preferred candidates.

But Ferguson believes Giggs has all the attributes to become United's full-time manager.

"I think that he [Giggs] is the one man they should go to, really," Ferguson was quoted as saying at a fundraising dinner in Manchester this week.

"He's got 20-odd years of experience at Manchester United. I signed him as a kid at 13 years of age. He's gone through the gamut of emotions at the club – he's experienced all the highs and lows.

"He knows exactly what's needed to be a Manchester United player and I was so pleased he brought Paul Scholes back in [to his staff], and Nicky Butt of course – two great professionals.

"They understand the club, they are hard workers, they are straight as a die. So you have got the right combinations there, there's no doubt about that."

Ferguson also insists good succession planning is still possible at United despite the failure of Moyes to live up to his predecessor's phenomenal level of success.

"One of the things we have been criticised about over the years is succession planning," he admitted.

"It's a very difficult industry to say you can have succession planning, but in the case of what we were doing in the last few years, with bringing Nicky Butt into the fold, Ryan into the fold, Paul Scholes into the fold, and Gary Neville was offered a position but he decided to go into television.

"He [Neville] could easily come back."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:33 am

Manchester United have moved to distance themselves from rumours emanating from the Netherlands that Louis van Gaal has been appointed the club's new manager.

The current Netherlands boss has been heavily linked with succeeding David Moyes at Old Trafford, with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reporting on Saturday that a deal has already been agreed.

Ryan Giggs has been handed the reins for the final four games of the season, and although former boss Sir Alex Ferguson backs him for the permanent job, Van Gaal remains the hot favourite.

However, a spokesman for United denied the reports, stating: "There is nothing to report. We have not signed a new manager. When we have something to announce, we will announce it."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next