free_cat
BarcaLearning
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
eelir
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should he win it? Empty Should he win it?

Post by eelir Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:32 am

Well up to this point, I wanted Argentina to win the next WC, so that Messi finally gets what he deserves" "stop the nonsense of having to win WC to be considered best ever".

However, his attitude has been really bad this season. People have suggested he is saving himself for WC. If that is really the case, i hope he fails miserably. He has a responsibility to Barca, the club that is huge part of who and what he is. I know national team is very, very important, but imo he is not putting even 50% of the effort he used to put in, and he still wants to play all the games, leaving the club with 10 and 1/2 players. If you consider the fact that he is surrounded by 2+ players all the time, our team is effectively playing with 10 the whole season.

So here it is, I am cheering for ze Germans this WC and hope Messi does not score or assist a single goal! I bet this will make him give all his best the next season at Barca to prove everyone he is still the best.

Barca is bigger than a player!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Should he win it? Empty Re: Should he win it?

Post by futbol Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:24 am

Argentina won't win it anyway. Gago and Mascherano in midfield, that defense, that goalkeeper, Agüero injured all the time (last time he completed a game was more than 4 months ago). Fifa gave them an easy ride to the semis but they'll still fail to reach that stage of the competition IMO. Best thing that could happen to Barca is Madrid winning La Decima and Portugal knocking Argentina out of the World Cup (if I'm not mistaken they can face each other in the quarters) followed by another Ballon d'Or for Ronaldo. That might bring Messi back down to earth so he can get back to the basics.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 am

I really doubt a player goes into a final thinking "i won't make an effort so much right now so that I will play the WC at full fitness"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:13 am

Im hoping Argentina come back this WC, along with Messi since h cant do it on his own. Although as we all knows, we should be great attacking, but everything is unknown. Im 100% sure Messi will give his all in the WC as usual. If he performs and the others in the team do ok, Argentina got a chance. Thats thinking with my heart, if thinking by the brain, most likely they will get owned once they play one of the top teams Razz

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 am

He won't win the WC, it's pretty much impossible with Argentina's team.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:23 am

Is this about him actually winning it or a chance to rant at him for the bs efforts he is giving?

Because I feel like this was created to rant at him, which is fair enough, im just saying.

I believe he is afraid of being injured for the WC and because of that, restricts himself for us..I believe that....I obviously dont know it, but it's what it seems like.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 pm

a fan hoping for their players to fail, seen it all.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:36 am

Donuts wrote:a fan hoping for their players to fail, seen it all.

A fan hoping for the good of club. IMO if Messi i s really saving for WC, he is unprofessional! I rate Barca higher than Messi. I was Barca fan when my fellow classmates RM fans were poking jokes all the time in pre-Dinho era. And I will stay Barca fan after Messi is gone/dead/retired!

So, as i wrote in a subtitle, perhaps it is a kneejerk and venting off from my side, but i cant help but think that he is not giving even 50%. I know free will come here and say that if Messi runs he will get injured, but i prefer him playing 10-20% less games and playing the rest at full intensity. So, let him hit the bench when he is afraid of injury and let him give 100% when he is not.

He owes this to the club!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:43 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6548463/mvp_defending/

This is the post that made me open this thread!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Gago out for 2 months. Their best midfielder throughout the entire qualifications. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:54 pm

I've never hoped anything bad for anybody, not even Divenaldo, but here's fellow hoping something bad for the best ever player of the club he supposedly "supports". Jesus.  No 
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:58 pm

I agree with the sentiment in this article: http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/opinion-pieces/so-what-if-he-is/
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:I've never hoped anything bad for anybody, not even Divenaldo, but here's fellow hoping something bad for the best ever player of the club he supposedly "supports". Jesus.  No 

See I support Barca before Messi, unlike some others! And I wish he fails if he is really saving himself because of the club i support. For, you it is all about Messi, for me it is about Barca.

Also, if you took time to read what I said, you would see my statement has a very, very important condition attached to it.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Fußball wrote:Gago out for 2 months. Their best midfielder throughout the entire qualifications. Laughing

Im not sure if this is good or bad for us, I mean I never rate Gago, and to know hes Argentina's best midfielder, thats scary.  Suspect Surely such a talented footballing nation can find a good replacement I hope!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Harmonica wrote:I've never hoped anything bad for anybody, not even Divenaldo, but here's fellow hoping something bad for the best ever player of the club he supposedly "supports". Jesus.  No 

he wants the best for Barca brah. And Messi winning the WC is the worst that can happen to Barca.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm

bazinga wrote:I agree with the sentiment in this article: http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/opinion-pieces/so-what-if-he-is/

I dont.

Could you elaborate the points you most agree with?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:58 pm

I just dont think that's the case. If you look at Martino's post match comments ("We were not interested in Messi getting involved in the match but getting situations 1 on 1 with the LB") that points to that it was a tactical decision. Messi has actually put a decent amount of effort in recent matches and people here have commented on how he had been more involved, I dont think he would purposely not do precisely that in such a big match.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 am

Why shouldn't he win it??

Look, I know he hasn't been upto it this season fully in any way. I know that Atletico performance and the distance covered stats rubbed some fans the wrong way and all...

However, to wish that the guy who has been banging goal after goal after goal and also giving assist after assist after assist with alarming regularity shouldn't win the World Cup because he is having a 'below par' season according to his otherworldly standards is something I can't quite understand, especially someone claiming to be a staunch supporter of the club.

Less than a month ago, he scored a Hat-Trick at the Bernabao which helped us win the Clasico and go top of La Liga at the time.

So it isn't like he is playing absolute garbage, rather he has, due perhaps to a niggling, not yet fully recovered hamstring, or even due to looking forward to the World Cup in his country's rival's backyard, dropped his performance and effort level to that of other Top Players around the World.

Personally, I, as a self-confessed Argentine fan, believe that he is holding back somewhat.

After the kind of success we have enjoyed over the years due in huge part to his performances, can't we just give the guy a break this season and not jump to conclusions and call for him to be sold and such?
...or Are we preparing to shunt him out through the back door like the many other top stars of the past?
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:31 am

I hope he doesn't get lazy like Ronaldinho did after becoming the top player. It seems he's already going that route, the signs are on the wall
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 am

I agree 100% with eelir.I hope the bum fails and fails hard.That ought to teach the punk a lesson.And its hilarious that the majority are still defending the bum.
How about some facts?
Fact 1: The bum is paid millions.And why may I ask is he paid millions and millions by the club?Wait for it.The answer might shock you.
He is paid millions to act like a professional and give his all for the club and not act like he owns the pitch.To those who are childishly defending him,I will ask just one question.
I assume most of you are working and in positions of responsibility.Please go into work tomorrow and tell your boss this.
"Since I will be going on vacation in the summer,I wont be able to give my all at work.I will give at max 10% and I will be slacking off most of the time.I need to conserve my energy for the summer.If there is any important work please dont give it to me as I am only thinking of my vacation."

Thats how ridiculous some of you are sounding while defending the bum.He is a professional,he owes us everything(not the other way round as some of you mistakenly believe),he is paid millions to act like a professional and give his all on the pitch.
If he cant do that(as has been increasingly clear for the past 2 years) then he can get out.But before he is sold I want the punk taught a lesson.Bench him for Tello and then bring him for Tello in the 89th minute every single game.And then we sell him to whoever bids highest.
Good riddance to bad....................

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 am

larisano_is_back wrote:Why shouldn't he win it??

Look, I know he hasn't been upto it this season fully in any way. I know that Atletico performance and the distance covered stats rubbed some fans the wrong way and all...

However, to wish that the guy who has been banging goal after goal after goal and also giving assist after assist after assist with alarming regularity shouldn't win the World Cup because he is having a 'below par' season according to his otherworldly standards is something I can't quite understand, especially someone claiming to be a staunch supporter of the club.

Less than a month ago, he scored a Hat-Trick at the Bernabao which helped us win the Clasico and go top of La Liga at the time.

So it isn't like he is playing absolute garbage, rather he has, due perhaps to a niggling, not yet fully recovered hamstring, or even due to looking forward to the World Cup in his country's rival's backyard, dropped his performance and effort level to that of other Top Players around the World.

Personally, I, as a self-confessed Argentine fan, believe that he is holding back somewhat.

After the kind of success we have enjoyed over the years due in huge part to his performances, can't we just give the guy a break this season and not jump to conclusions and call for him to be sold and such?
...or Are we preparing to shunt him out through the back door like the many other top stars of the past?

Agree with this.... I just cant believe some of the fans criticism of him atm.... human nature though Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I agree 100% with eelir.I hope the bum fails and fails hard.That ought to teach the punk a lesson.And its hilarious that the majority are still defending the bum.

Cruyff: "How can I say that Messi was disinterested if only 10 days ago in the clasico he was very involved and was the best in the pitch? Everything revolved around him, he scored three goals, directed, played marvelously. He can be one or the other, not both. Against Atletico, supposedly so uninterested, he was Barca's most dangerous player."

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/johan-cruyff-sale-defensa-leo-messi-3250101

When will we scrubs stop defending Messi? Mad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:I agree 100% with eelir.I hope the bum fails and fails hard.That ought to teach the punk a lesson.And its hilarious that the majority are still defending the bum.

Cruyff: "How can I say that Messi was disinterested if only 10 days ago in the clasico he was very involved and was the best in the pitch? Everything revolved around him, he scored three goals, directed, played marvelously. He can be one or the other, not both. Against Atletico, supposedly so uninterested, he was Barca's most dangerous player."

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/johan-cruyff-sale-defensa-leo-messi-3250101

When will we scrubs stop defending Messi? Mad

Should he win it? 37329810 Has never been more appropriate...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Well its a sad day when I say Cruyff is wrong, but he is wrong. Messi was not the most dangerous player vs Atletico.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:59 pm

TBH I don't blame Messi. Tata has taken the team away from him. Xavi is playing further away from the final thirds which is just *bleep* stupid in itself. Its an error Rijkaard rectified immediately he became Barcelona manager and Pep pushed him further forward. Messi was played wide which means his influence was zilch because he could not see the ball. I blame Martino for his lacklustre tactical decisions before I blame the players. No diagonal runs from wingers to even worry atletis defence. Pathetic display from a tactical stand point. It's obvious that Messi was sulking tbh because he didn't get to play in the centre and the team was taken away from him, but I don't blame him. I'm starting to think Tata is worse that Tito tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum