alexjanosik
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Harmonica
danyjr
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barça - Real Betis - Saturday at 18:00 CET Empty Barça - Real Betis - Saturday at 18:00 CET

Post by danyjr Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Line-ups:

Barcelona: Pinto; Alves, Mascherano, Bartra, Adriano; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Alexis

Real Betis: Adán; Juanfran, Amaya, Jordi, Juan Carlos; N’Diaye, Lolo Reyes, Nono; Cedrick, Vadillo, Baptistao.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Barça - Real Betis - Saturday at 18:00 CET Empty Re: Barça - Real Betis - Saturday at 18:00 CET

Post by Harmonica Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Betis running with stronger legs, but quality still has an edge. Final pass seems to be bad all the time.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Barça - Real Betis - Saturday at 18:00 CET Empty Re: Barça - Real Betis - Saturday at 18:00 CET

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Either the final pass or the final touch (from the pass) missing a bit, yes. Still, Betis haven't had any good chances, and we're winning. Just a penalty separates the two sides, but I could see us adding one or two more.

A bit upset that a lot of times our attack is a bit too fast, we need to slow it up a bit more and wait for support. We can break Betis down even if they get set in defense, this whole 2 man fast attack on the break thing hasn't worked out for us so far.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:23 pm

I really denounce this "conserve your energy" mentality.

Also playing 34 year old Xavi so 26 year old Cesc can rest?  scratch 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:26 pm

No subs until 70th minute...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:34 pm

danyjr wrote:I really denounce this "conserve your energy" mentality.

Also playing 34 year old Xavi so 26 year old Cesc can rest?  scratch 
Cesc is officially playing the CL match then. Also both Pedro and Alexis playing today indicates that they won't mid-week.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:35 pm

No subs until 78th minute

Tata :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Sigh.

Not only does it look like the "big game" lineup will come out again, but we didn't even play well today. Lucky 3rd pen, and we failed to get many clear chances, meanwhile Betis are unlucky to score just one. Xavi playing until like the 84th minute :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Well I suppose congrats are in order.Fabregas resting means that he will play against Atletico.So well done Tata.
I am a bit concerned about Bartra.Like his partner Masch,he has a habit of coming out looking for the ball when he shouldnt.Like for their goal,what the hell was he doing far away near the Betis right touchline.Went looking for the ball,didnt get it,woefully out of position and Betis score.And that was not the only time.Another time he went searching for the ball when he had no business to and Busquets could be seen dropping in to cover and afterwards yelling at him.
He needs to cut it out.We already have Masch who gets attracted to the ball like bee to honey.The two of them together could be calamitous.

Not pleased with the performance.Clearly had an aye on the midweek game.Messi was back doing his walking on the pitch act.Pedro was poor.Iniesta was poor which has been the norm for him this season barring the big games which has dominated.

Not a good performance but still came away with the win which is whats important right now.

Last edited by alexjanosik on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Not much to analyse. Tired legs vs. fresh legs means that even relegation fodder can cause big problems in Camp Nou.

Busquets was a boss.

Bartra had a fartra.

And that's all.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Agreed, I am not very happy with the performance, but we picked up the 3 points and it's a game with tired legs, with the players clearly more focused on the midweek game next week. So I am overall happy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Very concerned about the fitness level of this team, especially in midfield, it's unlikely we will completely recoup our normal levels by the midweek.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Awful performance especially in the 2nd half. Although, I'm against playing with 4 midfielders against Atletico, but Tata might be right about it. We couldn't control the game against BETIS!!!

Anyway, that's not the 1st time this team plays poor against small team this season, hopefully they'll be back to their best on Wednesday. Scoring an early goal within the 1st 30 minutes is the key to win the UCL tie...

By the way, Atletico weren't good either against Villarreal...

Visca el Barca!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Alexis / Pedro could not successfully pass a ball to save their lives, props for Alexis going god mode to earn the penalty though, Pedro should of been subbed as early as 50th minute, did some nice runs but saw him on the floor more often then with the ball.

Iniesta seems to only turn on his goat switch against teams that actually matter, Messi had some bad touches and could of easily scored 2+ goals.

Bartra looked odd, it seems he always plays better off the bench when he least expects that he will get minutes, signs that he needs more experience as maybe it makes him nervous.

Alves miss placing crosses like his usual self.

Buscuit looked like the only one alive in the midfield.

Tata needs to stop making such late subs, it was clear that we needed a switch of players in the 55th+ minute, not the 75th..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:27 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Very concerned about the fitness level of this team, especially in midfield, it's unlikely we will completely recoup our normal levels by the midweek.

Werent we supposed to be at peak fitness levels according to you?
Alexis and Pedro should be fresh as they havent played much.Same with Iniesta who has had plenty of rest.In defense,Bartra and Adriano should be very fresh.
To me it seemed more like,the players just didnt want to put in the effort considering the midweek game.
I was worried this was going to go like the Valencia game.We dominate them first half but dont put the game away.
I praise Messi for his movement off the ball last few games and he goes back to being lazy.
He ruined atleast 3 counters by not moving and just lazily waiting at the halfway line.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:37 am

Eh well I think compared to last season we are much better off physically, but I am a bit disappointed that Xavi was not rested during the last match.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:45 am

CBarca wrote:Sigh.

Not only does it look like the "big game" lineup will come out again, but we didn't even play well today. Lucky 3rd pen, and we failed to get many clear chances, meanwhile Betis are unlucky to score just one. Xavi playing until like the 84th minute :facepalm:

No way, they just din understand what to do. If they would be a little more concerned about scoring we would be in serious trouble.

Bartra came out looking for ball three times (thats what i counted, could be more) and missed causing great danger. Betis while few in numbers in attack failed to take advantage of that. He should simply stop doing this..... Busi, MOM saved use with some great interceptions.....

Pedro is so flat and one dimensional yet was not subbed for that late. what pedro was doing on the left. why was it necessary to rest neymar that long?? in the end Neymar will be playing out of position so that rest would not help him any better.

Iniesta had a off game.

Messi played decent. created chances and had his good moments and movements as well. if he did not give 100 percent, i wish he was saving that for mid week game. In fact, Xavi and Messi needed a rest after 60 mins for the game vs Cl which will be a hardworking game. But what you can say when the coach is so confident on his big game strategy.

Nothing to cry about Cesc thing as it is a done deal for Tata that Cesc will be our big game leader. i am reconsidering about my previous vote that Tata should be given one more season.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:01 am

i am reconsidering my vote too. Only an amazing game against ATM can change my mind.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Wow, I got to admit you guys were completely right. It really shows when Cesc is not playing and we have eternal-and-never-declining Xavi in midfield and in-form Iniesta. We really dominated and created lots of chances vs. Betis without Cesc. Fantastic match, a joy to watch. We should have won by much more and conceded less. Clearly it's really all Cesc fault and we have no other problem in midfield or generally.

[irony off]
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:38 pm

I didnt see us struggling to create chances.What I did see were some loose touches in the final third and failure to put our chances away.
We dominated them first half and the midfield was doing very well.Second half we clearly played with an eye on midweek.
But you are right.The clown should have played.After all he was creating chance after chance after chance against Atletic Madrid.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Sure, we created lots of chances... like the two non penalties and their own goal. And Cesc's shot towards the end.
I was at the stadium and this was one of the worst games I've ever been to. On par with Valencia's. Not only the second half, first half was woeful too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Xavi set up Alexis with 2 glorious long balls early on in the half only for Alexis to screw up.
Then there were 2 Xavi shots.Messi missed a sitter.And I am sure there were other chances.Just that final touch was a bit lacking at times.
On the other hand Betis did nothing in the first half and Pinto was a spectator.
Second half was very poor I admit but that was because we clearly had an eye on the midweek game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Well, it would be just lame if Xavi-never-declines couldn't set up at least a chance vs. one of the worst teams in the league. But seriously, considering it's all Cesc's fault, it's a mistery how this was the second worst game I've ever seen live and Cesc wasn't even playing.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 pm

free, cesc is not bad, its just xavibusyiesta is better than any combination with cesc there, especially when we talk big games.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:08 pm

the problem was not even creating... and if it was it was because Iniesta had an off day, not even Xavi.
Alexis's dribble was not a penalty?? in what world the ball was miles away from the defender and he still kicked sanchez.

the game was bad because we got comfortable, just like the Valencia game Cesc or no Cesc it would of been exactly the same if not worse.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next