Eivindo
•MilanDevil•
Kaladin
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fiorentina v Milan Empty Fiorentina v Milan

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 am

As the thread maker with the highest winning % in the Milan section, i approve of our upcoming win

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Fiorentina v Milan Empty Re: Fiorentina v Milan

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 am

Ambrosini to score an own goal. Dat loyalty Proud
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 am

Once again the Italian papers are putting massive pressure on Seedorf, claiming its another do or die lol. It would be a miracle if we could scrap a draw
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Fiorentina Squad: Ambrosini, Aquilani, Borja Valero, Bakic, Cuadrado, Diakite, Fazzi, Fernandez, Ilicic, Joaquin, Lupatelli, Matri, Neto, Pasqual, Rodriguez Gonzalo, Roncaglia, Rosati, Ryder, Savic, Tomovic, Venuti, Wolski.

I can't seem to find our official match-day squad. Poli however is suspended for this match.

If Essien plays again, I'll throw up.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Expected lineup: Abbiati; Bonera, Mexes, Rami, Urby; NDJ, Muntari; Taarabt, Honda, Kaka; Balotelli.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Gonna be hard to score against prime Zoff today
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 pm

dostoevsky wrote:If Essien plays again, I'll throw up.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:09 pm

So what gives with all this talk of Seedorf not being safe? Do people fancy Seedorf to be a magician with a magic wand? He has inherited a mess of a squad and while I have not been watching, I believe the last thing we need is another coaching change. It's clear to me that coaching is not our biggest concern/issue, but I'm curious to know where most of this talk is coming from...any insight would be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:22 pm

This is off topic, but how come you're no longer a super moderator Dom?

Anyways to answer the questions itself, we're not exactly sure if the management is seriously contemplating Seedorf's future. As soon as things go bad the media will turn on you and create all sorts of lies. However, four straight losses in a row as well as getting knocked out by Atletico 5-1 doesn't help you. Neither does being a rookie coach who doesn't have his own coaching badges.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Ever sceptical , i had given Essien the benefit of the doubt , but .. lol he's been a proper dissapointment , like he was expected to be by most. I can't say he has helped Milan this far. Sure he has had some moments , however Nocerino has had some moments too. No true improvement there. Although it's understandable nobody can acclimatize fully in 3 months of Serie A football , i can't say Essien has shown really positive signs so far , so to give him even further space to prove himself .

His impact on our games is of insignificance , whatever the outcome. And it's even worse in defeats , because he cannot influence our chances of turning games around. As if that wasn't enough , he plays in a position where we need absolute clutch and form and we've seen everything from him but that. Obviously , the turmoil of this season was and continues to be the worst possible environment for a player to trully establish himself as an important member of this squad , but an experienced player like Essien should be doing better than that , even a past it Essien.

As for the game , i expect Milan to lose this one . Our draw against a problematic Lazio , can only mean one thing against an impressive Fiorentina , even if they shall miss very important players. Most likely defeat . Like i said against Atletico , we will be able to score no doubt , however Fiorentina has real chemistry , better form than us and in a few words , they are much more accustomed to winning than we have been lately . They are the better team and i expect them to prove it once more. Given it's been a while since we last won there , i don't expect any good outcome and i think i should be pleased with a draw for this one.

Then again , Matri will be playing no? Maybe we have a chance. (inb4 Matri scores yet another goal against us) I hope they underestimate us . We could do with that.. But without Gomez and Rossi , i doubt they will be so reckless as to think like that. I put all my hopes on Kaka to keep us afloat anyway he can and Seedorf to react properly against threats during the game. Even without Rossi-Gomez, this game will be very difficult for Milan , Fiorentina are a team who will play their game regardless ; and as a rule , we have mostly failed against this kind , as we all know.

Anyway , hope for the best , prepare for the worst . The moto of the season goes on and on.

Last edited by Dante on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm

The new position of Mod came as soon as I also became employed and after a few weeks, I realized I didn't have the time to do both. So I decided it would be best to step down Sad

Anyway, back on topic, I hope our club realizes that just because there is a Milan bad on our kits, that does not make the players Milan quality. We could always go out and get a more experience coach, but that won't change the squad. I don't believe Allegri was any better than Leonardo, he was just blessed with more transfers than the latter. I would love it if Seedorf was given an actual opportunity to implement his tactics/ideals before he is given the boot. I also think such a rash decision would reflect poorly on the club and truly show how lost we are (that is if the rest of the world doesn't already know this).

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm

There was no coincedence , or luck , Allegri was blessed with more transfers though. He was a proven coach already ; the complete opposite of Leonardo . The club trusted him enough to invest again and for Allegri to guide said investments to success. Which he did.

Nobody makes a big investment in an uncertain environment , unless money isn't a big deal . Leo failed as a coach at Milan and he went on to fail at our rivals too . He abandoned coaching after that , simply because he was not a good coach at all , even though he's a gem in what he does behind the scenes .

One of Galliani's biggest mistakes ever , to make Leonardo a coach . Leonardo should have never left his post at Milan.  

As for Allegri not being any better than Leonardo .. i ll have to say you're just being sentimental with Leo , probably because you believed in him straight away. Being objective , it is ridiculous to say Allegri was no better . I don't think i even need to explain , the fact that Leo abandoned coaching says it all . Leo has never been 1/10 of what Allegri is as a coach . The fact that he had asked for transfer freedom and got sacked soon after , was also because Berlusconi didn't trust him and he was right to do so , you wouldn't spend millions for an unexperienced coach to mismanage and risk any profit there is to be made and especially after having failed to impress in a whole season.

Might as well add that his ideas were not even that impressive to begin with . Sure an all attacking minded attitude with less emphasis on tactics and more on individuality is something that could and has proved to be pleasant on certain situations . We had some really nice games under Leo , with pleasure i say that.  

But do recall what happened against any team that wasn't intimidated by our game . It's not that we lost against these teams , or that we got humiliated quite often ; it was that more often than not , we never had a chance against them. Especially Leo , lost his personal battles against vastly more experienced managers , basically against real managers. To this day , i still remember Mourinho showing pitty to Leo in his comments after the game , that's how easy that game was for him and for his team. I've never seen Mourinho do that to anyone after Leo. Mou to speak like that for another coach not to mention for a rival coach too?

As much as Allegri is hated today by the majority of our fanbase , he does not deserve to be compared to Leonardo the coach. Not in the slightest. As for the present , it's not just Seedorf who needs reinforcements , but Milan more than him. The thing is , Seedorf has to prove certain things first. This situation may not be his fault , but he must show he has the capability to adapt . I am seeing reluctance on that , tho after Lazio i may have to reconsider , starting from tonight. Seedorf has to prove he's willing to adapt to situations when circumstances demand so and imo if he can prove that effectively , he will have new tools to work with for the coming season.

Yet it remains to be seen , because being Berlusconi's choice doesn't automaticaly guarantee Milan's credit card as well. Seedorf will have to earn a few things on his own first and that's sadly not entirely up to him and even more worrying is the fact that he doesn't have time on his side. I hope he succeeds in what he's being asked and what he aims to accompish in the short term , because i really believe in Seedorf and i would hate to watch him leave in the summer .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:18 pm

The problem for me is that Allegri was not gifted with transfers because management had more faith in him, the transfers were made because the opportunity presented themselves. Milan have essentially become a club who can only shop at the sales rack and even this tactic backfires because we weren't able to hold onto those investments long term. And while you may be correct about Leonardo as a coach, that doesn't change that he was our head scout (if I'm not mistaken) and if management wouldn't listen to him, it really shows how hardheaded they are.

Everything we have done since the departure of Ancelotti has been a short term fix. Keep in mind we finished 5th that season. And while I may be acting sentimental with Leo, I think you're downplaying what he did for us. I like the style he was implementing and think it could have succeeded overtime (but clearly we agree to disagree). And as far as his failure at Inter is concerned (I never watched them play much), it seems coaches after him haven't really succeeded either.

The main point of my post was to show how incompetent management has become. They talk a real big game and then they fail to back it up. I can't speak much on Seedorf as I haven't watched more than 1 game this season, but why make him the coach if he lacks the experience. Seems like they are making the Leonardo "mistake" all over again. Look how many past players are no longer involved with our project and it starts to become clear to me that something has got to change sooner than later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:52 pm

I agree with your 2nd post , much more. For Leo , i can say that i did like some things , but with the squad he had , he shouldn't be so straight forward , so offensive . We all paid for his way. Whenever our attack couldn't , we crumbled . It's in the past now and tbh , i've soften since about things Leo. He could have a chance as a coach , IF he took the proper course.

As for Seedorf , Seedorf is a similar case yet again , you're right. The difference being , Seedorf was planning this for a long time now ; it wasn't something out of the blue for him. Seedorf has everything to become a great coach , because he understands football and especially players like few ever had ; he's worked with the best almost everywhere he went ; he already has experience and he's fearless. I won't deny that failing at Milan will halt him big time. Succeeding at Milan tho , well , that can make for a great success story and some great news for us.

As for our moronic management , i've lost all hope . You're obviously right that they are deluded and incompetent. I've rest my hopes in the youngsters , who dreamed of wearing the shirt of Milan , only to them. But i have to wait even more for them to take the reigns. Players like De Sciglio , Ses , Cristante , even Balotelli , these are the future of Milan.

I cannot possibly expect anything from Milan's management , because that would be unwise. Yet if Seedorf proves he's capable to adapt and take results home after circumstances go against him , he should have the management's help in the summer. I am not sure if he will succeed in that tho. This team is a mess and there's only so much time to present improvement. Seedorf is being optimistic and i try to follow his lead as a fan ; dark days can never stop us dream , rather make us dream harder. But he has to do well untill the end of the season. He has to.

Otherwise our demise will go on for a while longer , with or without Seedorf. Berlusconi needs reassurances to invest in Milan again . He didn't get where he is by risking , but on the contrary , by having assurances. Seedorf being his choice , he should call himself fortunate , but it really doesn't mean anything if he can't prove himself under situations that are out of his control . He has to prove he can can deal with big situations , that he can thing big and that he can handle big .

I don't expect Berlusconi to open the flood gates by any means , but if Seedorf manages to win his trust in the coming games , he will get enough help in the summer in order for Milan to show a much better image next season. If he fails , judging by how far he will fail , he will either stay and we go on without proper investments or he could even leave .

That is my opinion on how things will unfold with regards to the management. Seedorf is a risk , an all-in risk. If he can succeed though , it will mean the world to Milan , first of all. This summer is critical for the coming years , especially after such a world cup that will be held by none other than Brazil ; after that tournament ends , the emphasis on club success will go through the roof , for all players. We need to exploit that and if that's combined with some smart spending and offloading , the possibility of seeing an exciting Milan next season cannot be ignored.

Yet we need luck and our moronic management to take the right decisions in quite the short period of time.. and first of all , Seedorf to gain their trust and i mean real trust , practical. That they hired him means only so much. This management has taken every risk available in football , we can't really stay safe with their choices and especially their expectations.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 pm

I dont think Allegri deserves any great praise. That scudetto only came about because of Zlatan, and that was on Galliani, even tho it was a short term solution with his wages not being substainable. Its like Galliani thought that "since we cant support any top wages anymore, we might aswell give the scudetto a go now and win it, because we wont be competing for it in many years after this lol
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:34 pm

They may be taking weird decisions , that sometimes absolutely gets us mad , but had they been absolutely certain that they would have to sell Ibrahimovic 2 years after they signed him , not to mention Thiago Silva as well , then you can be sure Galliani wouldn't take him to Milan in the first place. They knew the risks , i am sure of that , but they weren't absolutely certain it would come to this.

As for your opinion on Allegri .. read it before , nothing interesting there. Apparently Allegri was the worst manager to ever happen to Milan , that's why we are killing it after he's gone. Laughing

I was almost sure it would come to this , you know.. even though i support Seedorf and i like him and i believe in him , yes despite all that ; that after sacking Allegri , we wouldn't be doing any better and even then , people still wouldn't admit to being wrong with Allegri , that it would go on.. Yet it doesn't matter . Allegri is in the past now , but it's still interesting to read how much people contradict themselves sometimes.

Ask yourself this Eivindo , would you take 15 new quality players or Guardiola in Milan ? 15 young and talented , on form and experienced players , some of the best in the world with a few words , or an elite manager and stay with Constant , Essien and the likes ?

When you have your answer , try and get in Allegri's place in the last 2 years. Then come and talk to me if he deserves or not any great praise.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Fiorentina: Neto; Tomovic, Savic, Gonzalo; Pasqual, Ambrosini, Borja Valero, Matias Fernandez, Cuadrado; Matri, Joaquin

Fiorentina bench: Rosati, Lupatelli, Roncaglia, Diakite, Bakic, Wolski, Aquilani, Ilicic, Matos, Venuti, Fazzi

Milan: Abbiati; Mexes, Rami, Bonera, Constant; De Jong, Muntari; Kakà, Honda, Taraabt; Balotelli

Milan bench: Amelia, Gabriel, Robinho, Pazzini, Saponara, Birsa, Essien, Zapata, Cristante, Silvestre, Emanuelson, Zaccardo
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Bonera at RB rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:32 pm

We had no other option lol.

Abate and MDS injured, Poli suspended.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Honda ffs, mistimed his shot lol
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Mexes!
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:35 pm

This Balo will become a complete monster. He has been working hard for 3 games now.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Also, I loved that passing combination between Taarabt and Honda.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Lets be real here, Kaka has been awful since Seedorf's taken over.

Playing so bad, has trouble even doing the basic ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Casciavit wrote:Lets be real here, Kaka has been awful since Seedorf's taken over.

Playing so bad, has trouble even doing the basic ffs.

Yes, he was better under you know who.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next