futbol
Zealous
Kaladin
Lex
S
46 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Manchester United 3 - 0 Olympiakos  - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 3 - 0 Olympiakos

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:Olympiacos have always been terrible away from home. We always used to beat them like 5 or 6-0 at home but lose away at their ground. Expecting the same

United will win this 3 or 4-0 unless Moyes mess it up or Olympiacos gets a quick goal.

We used to as well a few years ago in EL and i think one time in CL under Bobby.

Think last time we played them a few years back we beat them like 4-0 lol.

They are historically bad away from home.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 3 - 0 Olympiakos  - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United 3 - 0 Olympiakos

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Like Barca-Milan after Milan's 2-0 domination win at San Siro, I see a remontada at Old Trafford. Like Jordi Roura and Pique calling upon the loudest of Barca cules, Rooney and Moyes have rallied for a rousing support at Old Trafford to which will no doubt paper the fissures of United's broken confidence. Lest we forget United's record in Old Trafford remains resolute as Olympiakos will no doubt be daunted by the atmosphere that is presented to them.

Expect an Olympiakos in awe to falter in the grasp of United's 12th man and concede the chance to go through vs their opponents.

Lest we also forget Olympiakos away from their impressive fortress are simply said, an inconsistent team.

I see a 3-0 United to get them through.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:on the contrary, Red, our hearts are filled with pure fondness and thankfulness for your club and its manager, especially the latter, and we are deeply worried about his well-being and job security.

That's why we'll all, together, in unity, root for Manchester United tonight.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Olympiacos have always been terrible away from home. We always used to beat them like 5 or 6-0 at home but lose away at their ground. Expecting the same

United will win this 3 or 4-0 unless Moyes mess it up or Olympiacos gets a quick goal.

We used to as well a few years ago in EL and i think one time in CL under Bobby.

Think last time we played them a few years back we beat them like 4-0 lol.

They are historically bad away from home.

problem is of course that Utd have been abysmal AT HOME this season
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Like Barca-Milan after Milan's 2-0 domination win at San Siro, I see a remontada at Old Trafford. Like Jordi Roura and Pique calling upon the loudest of Barca cules, Rooney and Moyes have rallied for a rousing support at Old Trafford to which will no doubt paper the fissures of United's broken confidence. Lest we forget United's record in Old Trafford remains resolute as Olympiakos will no doubt be daunted by the atmosphere that is presented to them.

Expect an Olympiakos in awe to falter in the grasp of United's 12th man and concede the chance to go through vs their opponents.

Lest we also forget Olympiakos away from their impressive fortress are simply said, an inconsistent team.

Those words are like poetry to me, Arq. I wish the players could read that to get them lifted. And it would have made me feel more confident that Utd could do it...

....then I think of our form at OT this season, and our overall form in 2014, and I can't see it happening:( just can't see it happening.

To score 3 goals without conceding is beyond this team's capabilities atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Moyes might be clueless when it comes to this level of talent Red but at the end of the day you still have lots of individual quality.

Just like we are capable of scoring 3 or 4 in a game now and again because of individual quality despite the buffoon in charge so are you.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Moyes might be clueless when it comes to this level of talent Red but at the end of the day you still have lots of individual quality.

Just like we are capable of scoring 3 or 4 in a game now and again because of individual quality despite the buffoon in charge so are you.

Really wish they would ignore his tactics and play from memory instead. Just ignore what that clown instructed them to do. Only slim hope of progressing.

Moyes is in a catch 22 and I bet he's bricking it. He's never been in this position before where playing defensively is not an option.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:50 pm

RED wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Like Barca-Milan after Milan's 2-0 domination win at San Siro, I see a remontada at Old Trafford. Like Jordi Roura and Pique calling upon the loudest of Barca cules, Rooney and Moyes have rallied for a rousing support at Old Trafford to which will no doubt paper the fissures of United's broken confidence. Lest we forget United's record in Old Trafford remains resolute as Olympiakos will no doubt be daunted by the atmosphere that is presented to them.

Those words are like poetry to me, Arq. I wish the players could read that to get them lifted. And it would have made me feel more confident that Utd could do it...

....then I think of our form at OT this season, and our overall form in 2014, and I can't see it happening:( just can't see it happening.

Though these are near intangibles quantities, the domestic and European integrities are always separate entities as United's European integrity is still preserved and this rallying cry is a method that can only be used twice maximum in a season. Moyes, Rooney and United have been tact to use their hand on this now as expect a buzzing Old Trafford and players within fire within them regardless of their results. Moyes is indeed a poor tactician yet a fool he is not. As Mole aptly stated, individual quality will make the difference to an Olympiakos who will be awed by their surroundings AND confused on the precarious situation on how to maintain their 2-0 lead from the 1st leg. The latter point is something many inexperienced teams (in Europe) tend to forget and end up conceding just out of their mental frailties and lack of conviction in the system that won it in the first place for them.

Wayne Rooney to be the star of the show. Not jinxing here, just forseeing something that I've seen happen in many ties whether different teams or managers.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Arq, I sometimes have the feeling the reason your posts are so lenghty is so that bumping them when they turn out completely wrong is less attractive as it's not catchy enough  hmm 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
RED wrote:

Though these are near intangibles quantities, the domestic and European integrities are always separate entities as United's European integrity is still preserved and this rallying cry is a method that can only be used twice maximum in a season. Moyes, Rooney and United have been tact to use their hand on this now as expect a buzzing Old Trafford and players within fire within them regardless of their results. Moyes is indeed a poor tactician yet a fool he is not. As Mole aptly stated, individual quality will make the difference to an Olympiakos who will be awed by their surroundings AND confused on the precarious situation on how to maintain their 2-0 lead from the 1st leg. The latter point is something many inexperienced teams (in Europe) tend to forget and end up conceding just out of their mental frailties and lack of conviction in the system that won it in the first place for them.

Wayne Rooney to be the star of the show. Not jinxing here, just forseeing something that I've seen happen in many ties whether different teams or managers.

Arquitescu  :bow:  Motivational speaker extroadinaire.

Cmon Utd!!! They can do it! Twisted Evil
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Yeah its all and good these history references until you realize who the manager of Manchester united is.

David Moyes has never won a two legged tie in recent memory. He couldn't scrape past Sunderland with 1-0 deficit.

There is a reason why Moyze is THE football genius
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:39 pm

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:40 pm

I actually want to see united to through, Chelsea were able to do it with Napoli back in 2012. United have tremendous quality to push through, and the players know this is their only trophy they can achieve. I think the fact that they were winners for so long, that the players should be more than prepared to turnover 2-0 loss, especially considering that this should be one of their easiest opponents.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie.

Seeing giggs there scares me a bit, but I hope he does inspire united
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Honestly I won't be too disappointed of they go past Olympiakos tonight.

Might help them get their confidence up and get something against City

Will be more fun watching them against Barca Madrid Bayern or Chelsea

And more importantly it will mean Moyze will be there for next season as well

But this David Moyes really
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Carting Ferdinand's corpse out for another showcase No Just let the bloke retire with some dignity

Last edited by Lex on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Giggs rofl

But again,seeing how GL jinx has been so successful in the past,i can see him putting a great performance somehow.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

It was predictable Giggs would be starting tonight tbh . After all the rumors he would have been desperate to show all is well BTW them. But doubt it has something to do with any strategy reason
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Lex wrote:Carting Ferdinand's corpse out for another showcase 🇳🇴Just let the bloke retire with some dignity

You're so mean rofl

Yohan Modric wrote:De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie.

Don't think that's enough to see them through.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Ferdinand is starting. Would be a miracle if we keep a clean sheet tonight. I admire and appreciate the guy for all that he has done for the club, but he is finished as a defender. Nothing but a liability this season.

lol....all my slim optimism has vanished due to that line-up. welp.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:51 pm

That lineup is is a few steps below the lineup against Liverpool. Why isn't vidic in this game? His red card is only for the next pl game, he surely will offer united something better than rio Ferdinand. And velancia is terrible, he is lightning fast with a blind eye for crossing.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 pm

RED wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:#MUFC XI to start against Olympiakos: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie.

The *bleep* has Valencia made it back to the starting line-up. :facepalm:

Kagawa not starting, again :facepalm:

Ferdinand at the back :facepalm:

Valencia starting :facepalm:

Rooney and RVP partnership :facepalm:

Giggs and Carrick in the middle :facepalm:

No kagawa :facepalm:

Goodbye CL.

Inspiring line-up you bug eyed gollum POS. Well done

Dat last line rofl

Utd fans not confident.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm

The lack of flair and creativity in that team is shocking in a game where we need to score three.

Really hope Kagawa gets a good move in the summer. I'm confident he'll prove what an idiot Moyes is wherever he goes.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Uncanny wrote:That lineup is is a few steps below the lineup against Liverpool.  Why isn't vidic in this game?  His red card is only for the next pl game, he surely will offer united something better than rio Ferdinand.  And velancia is terrible, he is lightning fast with a blind eye for crossing.

Vidic is probably injured, he's not on the bench. There's also no other CBs on the bench. Looks like he was forced to play Ferdinand.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Not sure what you are talking about RG. Arsenal's biggest win against Olympiacos in recent years is 3-1. If you are talking about like decades ago , idk about that. Maybe you're thinking of another greek club? not sure. Because in recent years , even when they lost to Arsenal away , they did left for home leaving impressive performances behind , despite of the result.

As for their away form , even though it's obviously true they used to suffer big time away from home , especially against powerhouses , that trend has changed after all these years of continuous presence in the Champions League . It was the case like 10 years ago , or close enough. I am not saying they are a big threat away from home , just that they won't crumble at the sight of Old Trafford or any other top club in particular , that you can be sure of.

An outsider would think , "yeah sure" , but trust me when i tell you , that once you live through the horrors of the greek league and it's cancerous atmoshpere , which Olympiacos has a vast experience , playing at a safe and beautiful environment like the Old Trafford , will be a pleasure for Olympiacos , even if they lose against such superior opponents.

Olympiacos will mostly likely lose tonight , but i believe they have every chance to make it through and if they don't , that won't be because of any crowd England has to offer , or any intimidating atmoshpere ; you can rule this out. It will be because Manchester outplayed them and only that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Honestly, united's bench for this game looks more dangerous than the starting line up. I don't think that's really saying anything, but still a sad reality.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next