Guiltybystander
the xcx
guest7
Giovanni10
Mr Nick09
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:08 pm

There's no denying that he's talented, that's certain. The problem is that he goes through long injury layoffs and has never been consistent since moving to Europe.

hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero

Post by shaven Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 pm

if ever... i wouldnt mind Granero in Liverpool.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 pm

why would we want Granero in an already packed midfield ? Razz

Also I don't know how Granero fits in Madrids formation
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Granero is called the pirate for a reason, he is supposed to be great at stealing the ball from an opponent in possession, he hasn't shown much of that in the Real Madrid first team though. At Getafe he played as a winger and was largely utilized in a similar role by Pelligrini, but he performed average at best at that role.

Mourinho has played him mostly as a backup central midfielder, playing in a middle two or a middle three as he did in the last clasico of last season. He's shown enough commitment and isn't too worried about staying on the bench.

One interesting thing about him is that he is studying Psychology at a University in Madrid, that would make it difficult for him to move out of Madrid, so I doubt he'll be going to England.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:10 pm

@BUDDYTALLER,

i always thought he was called el pirata coz he wore an eyepatch for a while or something similar. i might be wrong tho
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 pm

yh, i dont think he is called el pirata because he steals the ball, if he was great at it, we would have seen it me think..
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Saw it on Real Madrid TV sometime ago, here is the link on the official website.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193041476158/1202776996085/jugador/Jugador/Granero.htm

Granero's passion for football extends well beyond the pitch. For several years now he has coached a kids team at a school in the suburbs of Madrid.

Not only does he like to teach, but Granero spends plenty of time studying as well. He is still enrolled in university and studies psychology.

He admires Maradona and Zidane, but most of all, Raul.

He earned the nickname "The Pirate" because of his ability to steal the ball. Any time he scores, he now covers one eye with his hand as if it was an eye patch.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 pm

granero has dna he has to stay Laughing
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:38 am

Hes a great sub for either of Sahin or Alonso imo
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:19 am

buddytaller wrote:Saw it on Real Madrid TV sometime ago, here is the link on the official website.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193041476158/1202776996085/jugador/Jugador/Granero.htm

Granero's passion for football extends well beyond the pitch. For several years now he has coached a kids team at a school in the suburbs of Madrid.

Not only does he like to teach, but Granero spends plenty of time studying as well. He is still enrolled in university and studies psychology.

He admires Maradona and Zidane, but most of all, Raul.

He earned the nickname "The Pirate" because of his ability to steal the ball. Any time he scores, he now covers one eye with his hand as if it was an eye patch.

Oh nice to know. i was wrong then (though i said i might be). And as far as he goes, as someone said, he needs to add more to his game especially physically to be effective in tougher matches.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:54 am

arsenal and liverpool are a bit far fetched unless he would be a squad player.. but tottenham...

with modric gone i bet he could start for tottenham.

also i think people dont give enough credit to granero because he is in essence a utility player, not a master at any particular position, but still very gifted.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am

Granero is the best crosser in the squad.
Disagree? I don't care. He is an amazing guy to have in your squad, so versatile...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2