Guiltybystander
the xcx
guest7
Giovanni10
Mr Nick09
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero Empty Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:28 am

I know It's Marca, but this is some interesting stuff lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero Empty Re: Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 am

Granero is solid, a quality player. Nobody can convince me otherwise. If he is happy to remain a Real Madrid squad player, I am happy for him to stay. If these are the clubs rumoured to be looking at him, then it proves my previous evaluations of him.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero Empty Re: Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham want Granero

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:35 am

He did do some fantastic passes this year altho
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:37 am

I have to admit Granero is one player that puzzles me. scratch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:38 am

Granero is meh, but Id kept him, if he can actually give an decent cross.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:40 am

Another player that's gifted technically, but needs to get tougher and meaner. He gets pushed off too easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:41 am

what's his job on the pitch btw?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:43 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:what's his job on the pitch btw?
hes supposed to be an midfielder.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 am

That's the thing. You'd think he's an offensive b2b. But he's not quite good enough going forward for that. He's a bit too weak on defense to handle the defensive b2b duties. His passing is pretty good. Forget the DM role.

He's one of those guys that can fill every midfield role, other than DM, in an OK manner.

But if he wants to become a truly good player, which i think he can, he needs to develop a specialty and get tougher.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:51 am

Granero is like Ramires, sometimes I cannot understand whats their purpose are on the pitch.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:52 am

One thing I will say about him. His indirect free-kick and delivery from corners are impeccable, even better than Xabi and Ozil. I'm dead serious. Just pay attention when he is taking a set piece, 9 out of 10 times, bang on the money.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 am

Giovanni10 wrote:One thing I will say about him. His indirect free-kick and delivery from corners are impeccable, even better than Xabi and Ozil. I'm dead serious. Just pay attention when he is taking a set piece, 9 out of 10 times, bang on the money.

Wait until you see Sahin. He's extremely good at set pieces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:01 am

I don't watch Bundesliga so don't know much about Sahin, but I've heard he possesses great technique in possession and passing. Can Sahin win the ball though? He doesn't have to be a beast like Pepe, but if he has ball winning ability akin to someone like Chelski's Ramires, then that would be great.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:03 am

Giovanni10 wrote:I don't watch Bundesliga so don't know much about Sahin, but I've heard he possesses great technique in possession and passing. Can Sahin win the ball though? He doesn't have to be a beast like Pepe, but if he has ball winning ability akin to someone like Chelski's Ramires, then that would be great.
Dont worry he isint lazy at all, and yes he backtracks.
somewhat
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:04 am

The xcx wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:I don't watch Bundesliga so don't know much about Sahin, but I've heard he possesses great technique in possession and passing. Can Sahin win the ball though? He doesn't have to be a beast like Pepe, but if he has ball winning ability akin to someone like Chelski's Ramires, then that would be great.
somewhat
What Im more worried about was hes knee injury, they are the worst injuries ever imo. Hope he starts with the same form he had in Borussia tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:05 am

The xcx wrote:
somewhat

shweeet! Looking forward to seeing him play then!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:09 am

He's good defensively, mostly because of positioning and work rate. He works very hard out there. He's a more offensive version of Xabi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:24 am

sportsczy wrote:

He's good defensively, mostly because of positioning and work rate. He works very hard out there. He's a more offensive version of Xabi.

Whilst being slightly more physical? See I'm not really to fond of Xabi Alonso, because I want my central midfield to be strong and fast, something which he lacks. I would sacrifice a bit of Xabi's passing skill to have him as a more complete midfielder. Now Sahin sounds like a more complete player. Xabi was great for Liverpool because Mascherano was the perfect Yang for his Ying i.e. Masch made up for Xabi's lack of physicality whilst leaving the majority of the passing duties to Xabi.

Now I want the best of both worlds. Not a Xabi hater, but just wish he was more of an all-rounder, he is not what I look for in a dm.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:45 am

Speaking of canteranos, it looks like Esteban Granero’s position is once again safe, due to UEFA’s rule requiring teams to have at least eight national players. For Madrid, they are Iker, Adán, Sergio, Arbeloa, Albiol, Xabi, Callejón and Granero, assuming that Mou gets his wish and Peter Lion and Sergio C. leave.

From unamadridista.

This is a pretty good point! They'll need another Spaniard to replace him, then. So I guess that if no other Canterano is promoted to the first team, Granero stays, LUCKILY. Kid has great potential, and I am an canterano fanboy.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 am

Don't players you sign as kids and develop count? I thought it did. In that case, I think Marcelo and Higuain may held us against this rule.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 am

sportsczy wrote:Don't players you sign as kids and develop count? I thought it did. In that case, I think Marcelo and Higuain may held us against this rule.

Home-grown players’ are defined by UEFA as players who, regardless of their nationality or age, have been trained by their club or by another club in the national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. The UEFA rule does not contain any nationality conditions. It also applies in the same way to all players and all clubs participating in competitions organised by UEFA.

I'm a bit lazy to do that math but if I'm not mistaken this rules Higuain and Marcelo out
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 am

if we do take a midfielder from madrid, i hope its gago
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 am

Everyone's hyped on Gago after one good performance? He happens to be injury prone and in my opinion, extremely inconsistent when he does play regularly.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Not only one good performance Very Happy
He's also great in last friendly before CA against Albania
And when coming as a sub in CA second match, he did better job than Cambiasso & Banega
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:08 pm

There's no denying that he's talented, that's certain. The problem is that he goes through long injury layoffs and has never been consistent since moving to Europe.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next