RED
Jonathan28
futbol
Lex
urbaNRoots
63 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

AVB appointed again! - Page 3 Empty Re: AVB appointed again!

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 pm

just realized hes never managed a team longer than a year.. i thought he was at porto longer

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:42 pm

I agree with Mole, if you're going to make such a significant investment then you better believe on who is going to lead the project. I agree that the signs have not been good but it's not as if they have Pep lined up to take over after firing him. The team has many new starters which need time to adapt to the country and each other, 3 months is simply not enough time to make accurate assessments.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:46 pm

This highlights a bigger problem for me: the judgement of Spurs' hierarchy on management isn't good at all. Villas Boas was their 14th manager in the last two decades. He's lost four games all season, albeit they were all bad defeats, with a squad that's gone through a huge transition. While a good argument could be made for his sacking, making another change hardly seems to be the answer. And as already pointed out, you simply can't back your manager with a £100mil worth of signings and then bin him when  the team isn't fulfilling your own deluded expectations.

In the end, it seems like they just picked the wrong man for the job in the first place.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:48 pm

If they wanted to finish top 4 this season, then I can agree they sacked him right now. His team was doing absolutley nothing on offense all season and now to top it off all the top teams have beat them soundly this season so far. A change was needed and right now is as good a time as any to do it

I just can't see whos available to lead the charge now
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm just pissed for the sake of my own team he got sacked ffs. Spurs did sign some quality in the summer and I think under the right manager most of those players are too good to be this bad. AVB for me was just clueless.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:50 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:just realized hes never managed a team longer than a year.. i thought he was at porto longer

And likely never will. The only question now is whether he's decided he's conned his way into enough top jobs and enough big fat pay-off cheques and will retire from football management young as he's always said was his intention, or if he'll take a crack at replicating his failure elsewhere.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't think AVB was sacked purely because Spurs weren't getting results or even because they weren't gelling.

He got sacked because he wasn't reacting to what was going on around him. He didn't evolve or adapt at all and you have to be able to do that when things aren't going your way. Even his esteemed mentor Mourinho learned to do this with Inter.

So though a harsh sacking, I think its justified. Can't keep a coach who won't adapt to rapidly changing environments.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 pm

McAgger wrote:I'm just pissed for the sake of my own team he got sacked ffs. Spurs did sign some quality in the summer and I think under the right manager most of those players are too good to be this bad. AVB for me was just clueless.

Yes, that is the outstanding drawback to this whole comedy show, isn't it? They might actually get somebody competent in now.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Tim Sherwood in charge of thfc for whufc Wed. Any extended period only likely to be interim. No timescale on naming new boss - BBC
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Everyone says how bad they are.... but are they really?

Does anyone truly think that they have a better eleven than City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Yoo and Chelsea.... hell Everton is arguable.

With that considered they are about where they should be.

Spending money doesn't mean shit, they are nowhere near the top 4.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Everyone says how bad they are.... but are they really?

Does anyone truly think that they have a better eleven than City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Yoo and Chelsea.... hell Everton is arguable.

He's the one who said he wanted a technical director there to handle transfers in the first place so he can hardly now blame lack of the opportunity to personally handpick recruits himself for his shortcomings. Besides, why aren't they a Top 4-looking side? It's not as if they don't have the raw quality for it. A more than capable goalkeeper, endless options in midfield, a slew of exciting creative players, a striker who scored almost 30 goals in La Liga last season, etc. It's HIS incompetence and refusal to implement a style and system that suits the players he has right now that's making them look nothing close to a top 4 side. This should be one of the easiest seasons in eons to get into the Top 4, yet he was well on course to cock up even that.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 pm

"@dimarzio: It's confirmed: @SpursOfficial new head coach will be Tim Sherwood."
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

"slew of exciting creative players"

like who? there is no creativity in that team, bar Eriksen who is as consistent as a soggy biscuit. that midfield is unbalanced imo and they have a bunch of poverty walcott's like lennon and townsend. there hasn't been any creativity in the team since modric and VDV, Bale created his own chances last year when carrying them. Also, AVB isn't going to come out and say I didn't want a director and undermine Levy & Co.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Firenze wrote:"slew of exciting creative players"

like who? there is no creativity in that team, bar Eriksen who is as consistent as a soggy biscuit. that midfield is unbalanced imo and they have a bunch of poverty walcott's like lennon and townsend. there hasn't been any creativity in the team since modric and VDV, Bale created his own chances last year when carrying them. Also, AVB isn't going to come out and say I didn't want a director and undermine Levy & Co.

a team's ability to create is also a by product of the type of tactics they use. It's true that on paper they have couple of players that individually also have the quality to make the difference. Eriksen is one, Lamela another they signed, Towsend has been a surprised, Chadli is also a good player.

His team inability to create good offense is his responsibility as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Shed wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:just realized hes never managed a team longer than a year.. i thought he was at porto longer

And likely never will. The only question now is whether he's decided he's conned his way into enough top jobs and enough big fat pay-off cheques and will retire from football management young as he's always said was his intention, or if he'll take a crack at replicating his failure elsewhere.

Damn, you're going in hard son. This is some Pippo/Jibers shizznit Proud :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Everyone says how bad they are.... but are they really?

Everton's first 11 is better than Spurs' 11 for me. Barkley alone is better than anyone Spurs have Proud

Not to mention Barry/McCarthy which is among the best midfield partnerships this season in England.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Poverty Walcotts rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Spending money doesn't mean shit
, they are nowhere near the top 4.

That logic does not apply to Mourinho, eh? You were saying the opposite when Mourinho wasn't bringing in the results Laughing

Last edited by Se7en on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Our owners wanted to appoint a DoF (van Gaal) when they started discussions with BR and he explicity said 'no' and that he wanted full control over the club or nothing.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Andre Villas-Boas hoping to add a technical director to Tottenham staff:
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says the arrival of a technical director at White Hart Lane next season will help move the club forward
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8719241/

"We have been outlining the route ahead for what we want to do in terms of the club structure."

"Hopefully (there will be) the arrival of somebody else in the structure for the recruitment side, a technical director."

"It is a position I am used to working with and ideally it is someone that will help us to move forward."

^ May 18th

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 pm

the guy's a fraud , stop defending this profiteer aleady .

andré fraudas flopas .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:09 pm

at  the start of the season  the consensus was that they had over taken the current league leaders and would be challenging for the title... lol #kneejerkers
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Moyes better be thanking his lucky stars that he has SAF backing after this....we were champions a season ago and we are below them ffs
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:"@dimarzio: It's confirmed: @SpursOfficial new head coach will be Tim Sherwood."

yes but it is a temporary choice , according Di Marzio they are continuing to try for Capello ( moreover he is always in partnership with Baldini) but it s not easy

p.s. so Di Marzio is popular also abroad? effectively he is one of the few reliable journalists
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:01 pm

McLewis wrote:I don't think AVB was sacked purely because Spurs weren't getting results or even because they weren't gelling.

He got sacked because he wasn't reacting to what was going on around him. He didn't evolve or adapt at all and you have to be able to do that when things aren't going your way. Even his esteemed mentor Mourinho learned to do this with Inter.

So though a harsh sacking, I think its justified. Can't keep a coach who won't adapt to rapidly changing environments.

Shed is obsessed with AVB, it's funny :rofl:Yes he did a shit job with Chelsea, I'm not sure why you are bitter considering how the season turned out. You'd think you are an anti-AVB Spurs fan.

Anyway, this is only partially true (in reference to Mclewis). AVB actually has been pragmatic and he has been willing to adapt...the team looked a helluva lot different against Man U than it did against Man City, and that was a direct result of AVB reacting, and had it not been for two stupid defensive errors by Walker and Lloris, would have won 2-0. However, he then played a high line against Fulham and Sunderland and won (no surprises, he should), and then did again against Liverpool. To me, it just seems like he thought (for whatever reason) the high line was the way to go, not because he didn't change his tactics after the Man City game. He just got it wrong.

What is worrying to me is he didn't change it in the middle of the game, after it was so obviously not working. This is inexcusable. He seems to have regressed, as I remember watching Man City dominate Spurs last year, then AVB changed things midway through the second half and Spurs turned it around 3-1. This time? Nothing, other than replacing one of the worst LB's I've ever seen with a very slightly more competent, yet inexperienced, left back.

What the right decision here for me is to look at Man U...they're currently doing worse than Spurs after winning the league last year and is Moyes going to get the sack? No. Is that because of SAF? Perhaps, but it's the right decision. I think AVB should have been given until the end of the year. Let's not forget that not only did 9 people come in, but the year before 3 crucial players went out, and then the man that AVB moulded his team around left this summer.

It's just too early and it's knee-jerkish. That's not to say AVB hasn't been shit this season, because he has, but I believe the team is still better points wise compared to last year, are only 5 points off the mark and 8 off the top, the dressing room has been completely behind AVB and the results just haven't shown. Especially at this time of year when the results are coming thick and fast, I fail to see how a managerial change will be a positive thing. In a team where everything has changed, stability is the key for now, not more change.

But it is what it is. Pepe Mel is available, isn't he? Get him in Spurs ASAP, there is a great manager.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:18 pm

CBarca wrote:Shed is obsessed with AVB, it's funny 🤣Yes he did a shit job with Chelsea, I'm not sure why you are bitter considering how the season turned out. You'd think you are an anti-AVB Spurs fan

7 posts about the dolt here + 2 in the Chelsea section = obsessed

Ok rofl

I think you're the one who's 'bitter' having to now face the reality that your saviour is just an empty
suit Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next