Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

+22
tsgooner1
free_cat
Art Morte
Albiceleste
rsinatra
Lord Awesome
xabi
El Chelsea Fuerte
elm_baraja_shaman
windkick
Ganso
Backspacer
Kinol
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sir Psycho
chemicalboy99
Lex
Khaled
Mr Nick09
Yeezus
Gil
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Gil Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Brazilian giants Corinthians have offered 40 million euros to re-sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez. ESPNsoccernet understands that the player would accept a return and that his advisers expect City to agree the deal.

City have set a price of £50 million for Tevez, and the first officially-tabled bid falls well short of that valuation. It might prove that Corinthians are a stalking horse to flush out bigger and better bids but Tevez's advisers still expect City to OK the move back to South America.

ESPNsoccernet's source said the bid from Brazil might open up offers from other clubs, Juventus, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, and perhaps even Chelsea, all clubs who City would now consider rivals, now that they are in the Champions League.

"City might find it hard to turn down this offer," said the source. "And they will know they won't get a much bigger offer from anywhere in South America. Corinthians are serious about this.

"They mean business, they have the funds, they have a 55 million euro TV deal, a 26 million euros sponsorship deal, which is the fourth largest in the world, and they are building a new stadium which will open in 2013 holding 68,000, which will stage the opening ceremony for the World Cup."

Tevez was club captain before he quit in 2006 to join West Ham United along with Javier Mascherano, and he became the first foreign player in Brazil to win footballer of the year since 1976.

The striker wants to leave City after two years at Eastlands and has cited family reasons, saying last week that he wants to be closer to his two children and their mother who live back in Argentina. A move to Corinthians fulfills that objective. However, City may want to hold out for their price having invested £47 million in transfer fees to bring him to Eastlands in the first place.

The offer from Sao Paulo club Corinthians may interest City because it would mean Tevez joining a team who are not their rivals in any competition, and he would be rejoining the club he played for from 2004 to 2006, having joined from Boca Juniors.

Until Corinthians made their interest known to City, Tevez looked headed for Spain or Italy, at potential Champions League rivals, and with a loan move looking most likely.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Yeezus Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 pm

ESPNSources = Goal.com perhaps..

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 2238
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 am

@Ganso, Is this serious?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31596
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 am

The club Corinthians has begun negotiations to sign Argentine striker Carlos Tevez of Manchester City, reported a source in the Brazilian team.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/corinthians-negocia-fichaje-carlos-tevez/20110712dasdasftb_1
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Lex Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 am

Somewhere, Tevez just painted the ceiling
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 am

Lex wrote:Somewhere, Tevez just painted the ceiling

So did I.

Means it'll cost us 5Million euros tops to replace him with Sergio Aguero.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 1011
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Lex Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am

What would City be willing to offer him in terms of wages, you reckon?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am

Liedson, Adriano "when he heals" and now possibly Tevez... Corinthians looking mouth watering
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1101
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:17 am

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez 35878152_awesome_reaction_gif
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68959
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:17 am

Lex wrote:What would City be willing to offer him in terms of wages, you reckon?

Less than what Tevez is on.

A double win.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 1011
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:19 am

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Lex wrote:What would City be willing to offer him in terms of wages, you reckon?

Less than what Tevez is on.

A double win.

Good luck with that one Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68959
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 am

Where did Corinthians find 40m and how the hell are they going to pay his poverty wages?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Kinol Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 am

Sushi Master wrote:Where did Corinthians find 40m and how the hell are they going to pay his poverty wages?
This is the first things that poped in my head when i read about this for the first time.
Kinol
Kinol
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Backspacer Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am

Don't worry, shirt sales will cover it.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 246
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:34 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:@Ganso, Is this serious?
is it serious?yes
40M?nothing about that on the press over here

And yes,they CAN pay his wages
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by windkick Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 am

Backspacer wrote:Don't worry, shirt sales will cover it.

LOL
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Kinol Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:37 am

But on goal.com they say that he will only go on loan.

"It would have to be a loan. We cannot buy him, that is an absurd figure, unviable for the Brazilian football market," said Corinthians' vice-director of football Duilio Alves to Lancenet."
Kinol
Kinol
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-07-11
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:39 am

Ganso wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:@Ganso, Is this serious?
is it serious?yes
40M?nothing about that on the press over here

And yes,they CAN pay his wages
Are they planning on selling half the team or allocating all excess into him? Because he earns like 200k weekly or something, and considering his past, I doubt he'd want less.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by windkick Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 am

IF he is actually serious about being near his family, then I'd like to see him take less. Besides, cost of living in Brasil is low, he should be able to take less and still be mad rich
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:43 am

why cant they do that for kaka ? scratch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31596
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:why cant they do that for kaka ? scratch
That's true, he's a good Christian so he should be able to take a wage drop and fund it all to charity.

Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Ganso wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:@Ganso, Is this serious?
is it serious?yes
40M?nothing about that on the press over here

And yes,they CAN pay his wages
Are they planning on selling half the team or allocating all excess into him? Because he earns like 200k weekly or something, and considering his past, I doubt he'd want less.
they can pay it,believe it or not.The problem is simply the 40M
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:22 am

Gil wrote:Brazilian giants Corinthians have offered 40 million euros to re-sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez. ESPNsoccernet understands that the player would accept a return and that his advisers expect City to agree the deal.

City have set a price of £50 million for Tevez, and the first officially-tabled bid falls well short of that valuation. It might prove that Corinthians are a stalking horse to flush out bigger and better bids but Tevez's advisers still expect City to OK the move back to South America.

ESPNsoccernet's source said the bid from Brazil might open up offers from other clubs, Juventus, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, and perhaps even Chelsea, all clubs who City would now consider rivals, now that they are in the Champions League.

"City might find it hard to turn down this offer," said the source. "And they will know they won't get a much bigger offer from anywhere in South America. Corinthians are serious about this.

"They mean business, they have the funds, they have a 55 million euro TV deal, a 26 million euros sponsorship deal, which is the fourth largest in the world, and they are building a new stadium which will open in 2013 holding 68,000, which will stage the opening ceremony for the World Cup."

Tevez was club captain before he quit in 2006 to join West Ham United along with Javier Mascherano, and he became the first foreign player in Brazil to win footballer of the year since 1976.

The striker wants to leave City after two years at Eastlands and has cited family reasons, saying last week that he wants to be closer to his two children and their mother who live back in Argentina. A move to Corinthians fulfills that objective. However, City may want to hold out for their price having invested £47 million in transfer fees to bring him to Eastlands in the first place.

The offer from Sao Paulo club Corinthians may interest City because it would mean Tevez joining a team who are not their rivals in any competition, and he would be rejoining the club he played for from 2004 to 2006, having joined from Boca Juniors.

Until Corinthians made their interest known to City, Tevez looked headed for Spain or Italy, at potential Champions League rivals, and with a loan move looking most likely.


Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez 92489767
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 5266
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 pm

lmao it turned out to be true

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by xabi Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm

according to daily fail man city has turned down the offer
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez Empty Re: Corinthians offer 40m euros for Tevez

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum