Mario Balotelli

+35
sportsczy
Onyx
•MilanDevil•
Mr Nick09
Robespierre
FalcaoPunch
Gil
Casciavit
RealGunner
Lord Awesome
VendettaRed07
M99
dostoevsky
FennecFox7
Magricos
Chumlum
LeSwagg James
LeBéninois
hrealmadrid
McAgger
Zealous
zizzle
elitedam
drakefyre
Forza
The Franchise
McLewis
Valkyrja
Kaladin
EarlyPrototype
VanDeezNuts
Red Alert
izzy
Donuts
jibers
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by jibers Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Forza wrote:I swear it was only last week that people on this bi-polar forum were denouncing him as the most overrated player in the world.

What? I have always said this. Go look at the Aguero vs Balotelli thread. I rate him very highly. I'm being deadly serious notroll...

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10227
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Forza Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:55 pm

jibers wrote:
Forza wrote:I swear it was only last week that people on this bi-polar forum were denouncing him as the most overrated player in the world.

What? I have always said this. Go look at the Aguero vs Balotelli thread. I rate him very highly. I'm being deadly serious notroll...
It wasn't intended as a personal comment, just a general observation.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by drakefyre Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Red Alert wrote:
jibers wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

I get what you're saying, but it's A LOT worse now.

Yes, because money has increased, if you swap the players of this era and the last the same thing would happen. It's human nature. Money unfortunately runs the world

Yeah, and it's going to get a lot worse from now to into the future.

There won't be another player like R9/Dinho. There might be quality wise, but not one that will show the amount of passion they did for the game which gave them that extra 10% to achieve more.

Havent got a clue , have you ?

Most professional footballers are professional footballers because they showed much passion about the game . No footballer who plays the game at the top level are 'dispassionate' about the game - even guys such Balotellli are more passionate about the game than what the footballing world gives them credit for.

Being a model professional , being passionate about the game , being loyal to a club - all these are separate qualities. Someone like Eric Cantona wouldn't be a model professional , but you'd be an idiot if you said he wasn't passionate . Hell maybe he was too passionate .

R9/Dinho never really stood out as model professionals or even being too passionate about the game , they certainly didn't benefit from the extra 10% they gave to achieve more . If you were to make a case for players who gave an extra 10% to be that much better , you'd be typically looking at someone who is a good/average player who just wouldnt be the same without the passion  . Someone like Gattuso .

Btw , I dont think the players nowadays are wasting their potential more than the yesteryears .There always have been players who could achieved much more had they been a bit more focused or a bit more lucky in their careers .

I'd say loyalty of players seem to be taking a hit compared to the past - not passion .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 319
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:49 pm

drakefyre wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
jibers wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

I get what you're saying, but it's A LOT worse now.

Yes, because money has increased, if you swap the players of this era and the last the same thing would happen. It's human nature. Money unfortunately runs the world

Yeah, and it's going to get a lot worse from now to into the future.

There won't be another player like R9/Dinho. There might be quality wise, but not one that will show the amount of passion they did for the game which gave them that extra 10% to achieve more.

Havent got a clue , have you ?

Most professional footballers are professional footballers because they showed much passion about the game . No footballer who plays the game at the top level are 'dispassionate' about the game - even guys such Balotellli are more passionate about the game than what the footballing world gives them credit for.

Being a model professional , being passionate about the game , being loyal to a club - all these are separate qualities. Someone like Eric Cantona wouldn't be a model professional , but you'd be an idiot if you said he wasn't passionate . Hell maybe he was too passionate .

R9/Dinho never really stood out as model professionals or even being too passionate about the game , they certainly didn't benefit from the extra 10% they gave to achieve more . If you were to make a case for players who gave an extra 10% to be that much better , you'd be typically looking at someone who is a good/average player who just wouldnt be the same without the passion  . Someone like Gattuso .

Btw , I dont think the players nowadays are wasting their potential more than the yesteryears .There always have been players who could achieved much more had they been a bit more focused or a bit more lucky in their careers .

I'd say loyalty of players seem to be taking a hit compared to the past - not passion .

Benoit Assou-Ekotto has openly said that he cares very little about the passion of the sport in an interview a year or so back. He's purely in it for the money. Just sayin'.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13026
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by elitedam Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:54 pm

It's strange to use Ronaldinho as an example of football passion when he decided to prioritize drinking and partying over training when he was in his prime. Also, didn't he snub his boyhood club so he can party it up in Rio (and make a lot more money while doing it).
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by zizzle Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:56 pm

As someone who watched Balo debut 5 years ago i can confirm that he has not improved that much. To me his break out season with Inter was his best so far and that says it all.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by jibers Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:11 pm

elitedam wrote:It's strange to use Ronaldinho as an example of football passion when he decided to prioritize drinking and partying over training when he was in his prime. Also, didn't he snub his boyhood club so he can party it up in Rio (and make a lot more money while doing it).

he just babbled tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10227
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Javier Zanetti is much better example of football passion, methinks.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13026
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Red Alert wrote:
izzy wrote:Since R9?

I don't think he's that good or has that high level of talent.....

There won't be another player like R9. Not in this capitalist game.

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Tumblr_mxi23sFQNj1qiy96so2_250
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by jibers Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Zealous wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
izzy wrote:Since R9?

I don't think he's that good or has that high level of talent.....

There won't be another player like R9. Not in this capitalist game.

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Tumblr_mxi23sFQNj1qiy96so2_250

Same reaction I had. People play football for money. They play it because they think it will give them a a better life financially. Dinho passionat? rofl

Ronaldo shows more passion by actually keeping himself fit and not drinking and partying like a *bleep* nutcase. Ronaldinho at one point was lying in the Barcelona changing room after a hangover ffs. Thats passion right there eh...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10227
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Wtf is this?? Ceiling as good as the phenom LMAOOOOOOOOOO

At 23 the highest goal scoring season man child has achieved is 17 goals Laughing He hasn't improved since he broke through at Inter almost 7 years ago.

At that age R9 was already a WC winner, and had taken his nation to another final of the WC. He was banging goals at a ratio of 1 in 1 ffs.

Jibs pls calma
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28284
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Hasn't improved at all since Inter? What is this? I don't even..

10 games in Serie A this season: 6 goals, 2 assists. Not that bad considering half of our first XI was out

In the first half of 12/13 he had 1 goal for City...
When he moved to Milan in January, he gained 12 in 13

In Inter's treble winning season he had 9 goals and 5 assist in 26 apps (Serie A)...

And even before that season (2008/2009) he had 1 goal and 2 assists in 6 Serie A apps..


Have a look for yourself
http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/100681/mario-balotelli?cc=5739
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24562
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by jibers Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 pm

McAgger wrote:Wtf is this?? Ceiling as good as the phenom LMAOOOOOOOOOO

At 23 the highest goal scoring season man child has achieved is 17 goals Laughing He hasn't improved since he broke through at Inter almost 7 years ago.

At that age R9 was already a WC winner, and had taken his nation to another final of the WC. He was banging goals at a ratio of 1 in 1 ffs.

Jibs pls calma

This is balos first full season as a starter ffs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10227
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:49 pm

McLewis wrote:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto has openly said that he cares very little about the passion of the sport in an interview a year or so back. He's purely in it for the money. Just sayin'.

yeah I remember this, I think he also said he had no idea who they were playing next until he showed up at the stadium. Laughing


Last edited by McAgger on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28284
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

jibers wrote:
McAgger wrote:Wtf is this?? Ceiling as good as the phenom LMAOOOOOOOOOO

At 23 the highest goal scoring season man child has achieved is 17 goals Laughing He hasn't improved since he broke through at Inter almost 7 years ago.

At that age R9 was already a WC winner, and had taken his nation to another final of the WC. He was banging goals at a ratio of 1 in 1 ffs.

Jibs pls calma

This is balos first full season as a starter ffs

Why do you think it it took him almost 7 years to become a full time starter at a club if he has as much potential as R9 as you say? No amount childish behavior would've stopped him from being a starter if he was as talented as R9.

Look Jibs, the only thing I don't agree with is that you put him in the same sentenced as the phenom. Otherwise I love Balo, and I think he could be the best ST in the world if he wanted to.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28284
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by jibers Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:55 pm

McAgger wrote:
jibers wrote:
McAgger wrote:Wtf is this?? Ceiling as good as the phenom LMAOOOOOOOOOO

At 23 the highest goal scoring season man child has achieved is 17 goals Laughing He hasn't improved since he broke through at Inter almost 7 years ago.

At that age R9 was already a WC winner, and had taken his nation to another final of the WC. He was banging goals at a ratio of 1 in 1 ffs.

Jibs pls calma

This is balos first full season as a starter ffs

Why do you think it it took him almost 7 years to become a full time starter at a club if he has as much potential as R9 as you say? No amount childish behavior would've stopped him from being a starter if he was as talented as R9.

Look Jibs, the only thing I don't agree with is that you put him in the same sentenced as the phenom. Otherwise I love Balo, and I think he could be the best ST in the world if he wanted to.

because he had Milito ahead of him at inter and Aguero ahead of him @ city?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10227
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:33 pm

At the end of the day, we can all debate the extent of his talent. I personally don't think his attitude is changing anytime soon and that's his biggest downfall.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2013
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 _65abed5acdc87e171758a6bef39840f6
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:08 am

Valkyrja wrote:Mario Balotelli - Page 2 _65abed5acdc87e171758a6bef39840f6

Those little details make the difference between a good and a great player.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4027
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:00 am

Bénin wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Mario Balotelli - Page 2 _65abed5acdc87e171758a6bef39840f6

Those little details make the difference between a good and a great player.


That exercise is absolutely worthless anyways..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Chumlum Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 am

I still love the one where he's skipping push-ups.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2406
Join date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Magricos Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:22 am

Balo doesn't possess R9 potential

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:15 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
Bénin wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Mario Balotelli - Page 2 _65abed5acdc87e171758a6bef39840f6

Those little details make the difference between a good and a great player.


That exercise is absolutely worthless anyways..

No it isn't.. plyometrics are very, very effective for dribbling and fast twitch muscles..

Messi especially does alot of these
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7405
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:11 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
That exercise is absolutely worthless anyways..

Really? I agree that these little things make the difference between the good and great players. Even if you don't see the value in that particular exercise, the attitude and message it sends speak volumes. Players who put in the work are the ones who will see results...talent can only take you so far.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by dostoevsky Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:16 am

Whether the exercise is pointless or not is irrelevant in my mind, he's being paid 4 million euros a year to do his job and it's highly disrespectful to the club, coach and fans to show such a poor attitude in training. There are billions who would love to be paid a minute fraction of his wages to simply train with dedication.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by M99 Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:48 pm

God Almighty. What a fckin goal from Mario.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30355
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Balotelli

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum