Juveman17
DeviAngel
42 posters

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down

-  Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba - Page 8 Empty Re: - Il Polpo Paul | Paul Pogba

Post by salmano9 Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:58 am

I'll talk on behalf of sportsczy:
This report is BS, Pogba will leave. He wants a higher wage... Blah blah blah Smile
Job Done Smile
Edit: I don't trust your sources, S.

Last edited by salmano9 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding some more of sportczy's BS)

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Until Paul Pogba signs something or gets sold, nothing has happened.  You have Agnelli (the owner of the team and the one who makes the final decisions) saying that it will be hard to keep him.  Then you have Marotta (who works for Agnelli) saying Pogba will not get sold.

In the end, i can see an extension attached with a contract of 4+ mill and a nice release clause being done.  Probably a clause of around 45-50 mil min.  That keeps Paul at Juve until someone really pays up and Paul has the option to accept the offer or not.

The decision is pretty much Pogba's and nobody else's.  He has all the leverage here.  Juve cannot afford to have nothing done.

The interesting part is that Raiola met with the PSG president this past week in Doha (that one's been confirmed by french journalist who saw him at the Doha airport) and, according to Tuttosport (which is crap lol) today, the first conversation about renewal between Marotta and Raiola happened today (http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/serie_a/juventus/2014/01/03-281596/Pogba,+appuntamento+Marotta-Raiola+per+il+rinnovo).

I don't think anything is close to being done.  Looks to me that Raiola is just starting the process of lining up all the options and Pogba will make a decision after the season.... unless Juve gives him an offer where he doesn't forfeit a significant amount of money. Raiola is like Mendes: He drives the price up using every club that's interested and then allows his client to make a decision. If it were another agent, then i'd think differently perhaps.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Again what Agnelli said is we dont have a problem with him signing an extension at present but its going to be difficult to keep him in the long term.You need to pay attention to his words rather carefully.

And besides if it involves a big decision such as this,(for example the sale of Pogba),John Elkann always has a say in these scenarios before Agnelli.If he gives the go ahead, then we'll act but he does take a big part of all the important decision making at Juve.

Also,i seriously doubt there is going to be a release clause when its been reiterated time and again that there wont be any release clauses attached to any of our top players and neither is Pogba going to force the club into putting one.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:25 pm

IMO, that will be a major problem for Pogba (no release clause) if his extension wages are not top dollar.  I highly doubt he'd do it.  He left France for Man U because the money was better.  He left Man U for Juve because the money was better (regardless of what you hear, that was the reason.  Man U wouldn't match the offer. He had realistically less chance of playing with Pirlo/Marchisio/Vidal than Carrick/Cleverley).  So i don't see why he's suddenly going to change his ammo.  He wants to get paid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:40 pm

You have too many 'doubts' at present but lets wait and see.There is optimism all around the club that he will extend and when a man who is in charge of the day to day operations of the club(Marotta) says he will extend ,then you have to take his word for it.

And Marotta is a pretty straightforward guy while Agnelli on the other hand in recent weeks has spoken about the declining state of Serie A and for some reason used Pogba as an example,so a bit of context is needed.In other words he has let it known beforehand that elite talents like Pogba wont stay in the long term at this club or league unless drastic changes happen which seems unlikely at the moment.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:47 pm

He left United because they werent playing him when obviously he was ready, and to further irritate Paul they brought back a Scholes that needed a walking stick to climb up the stairs at OT.

I honestly do think money paid a part in his move away from united but not as much as people make out. Pogba from day 1 has always said his ambition is to be the best, how could he do that on the bench? He seems impatient, not greedy. City were enquiring about him at the time he was looking to leave united, if he was all about money im sure Riola would of gone straight to the blue side of manc.

Like S said before and Sports mentioned, the reason i see him leaving is more due to Riola than Pogba. That fat greedy nob will no doubt do his best to get Paul (and himself) as much money as possible regardless of how much Poggy likes it in Turin.

Like 99% of Juve fans i'v spoke to and seen on this forum expect Pogba to leave in a season or 2 but it's a given that he isnt leaving Torino for anything less than crazy crazy money, we arent a selling club, contract issues or not.

I also side with S on the release clause issue, we dont do them. I think if he did get one installed then it would be for something around like 80mill. Which id be more than happy if he left for that amount.

Had something else i wanted to add but its totally flew out of my head.. will edit later when i remember Smile 
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Marotta's job is saying that nobody is leaving. There was the same line at Madrid this summer when everyone knew Higuain was leaving... Higuain himself finally came out and said it. Even at PSG, they are saying that nobody is for sale when it's very clear that Pastore, Lavezzi and Menez are all available (although Menez wants to stay until the summer and likely will).

That's what made Agnelli's statement so surprising. You never want to give other clubs the impression that you would sell... you lose leverage. Always make it seem that outside clubs need to come beg you for a player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah bravo comparing Pogba to disgruntled players like Higuain,Lavezzi and all the other unhappy players.

Pogba himself insisted he is happy at the club and looking to improve but you're making this a bigger issue than it seems.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 pm

@Cassius... City and PSG dragged their feet about the contract length. Juve offered 1 extra guaranteed year and Pobga/Raiola jumped on that. The other clubs wanted to give 3 year deals and Juve gave him 4. At least, that's what Leonardo said recently...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 pm

What Agnelli is doing is just softening the blow.Its like 'let it be known beforehand that he's not staying in the long term and we'd sell if an insane offer came'.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Lavezzi is not disgruntled lol.  He just got married in Paris and loves it there.  He's the starter opposite Cavani.  The other two, i agree...  but not Lavezzi.  The club feels like they can get more out of that position; but he doesn't want to leave.

Xabi Alonso is another good example.  Best midfielder at Madrid.  But he won't extend unless he gets paid...   Madrid don't want to give him the years he's asking.  So the rumor is he's leaving. Pisses the frak out of a lot of us because wtf; we just paid 90+ mil for Bale and we can't afford another 4 mil? But whatever  Evil or Very Mad 

Another example?  Matuidi and Thiago Motta.  Happy but with expiring contracts.  If they didn't get paid, the would have left.  As Motta said in November:  "I really enjoy the club and the city.  But it's also important that the club show their appreciation too.  If they don't, i will look elsewhere."  But they both got paid so they're staying.

That's just the reality about the business world.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 pm

But Lavezzi isnt playing much.Pogba on the other hand is an important part of the project.

Again,Alonso,Matuidi,Motta all well past 25 and one of them(Matuidi) is in his prime.When Ibra and Silva can get double figure wages,i'm sure Matuidi would want to be rewarded handsomely too considering he's a very important player for PSG too.I think same applies to Motta.You have to agree there's a lot of disparity in PSG's wage structure.

Pogba on the other hand is only 20.Even a decent enough contract would do at this age let alone lucrative figures.If the club  isnt giving him the money he deserves say in one or two seasons,then you may have a point.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Lavezzi has started 15 games and subbed 6.  Pogba has started 20 and subbed 4.  It's not that different.  Blanc just likes to get playing time for Lucas when he can.... given the way Lavezzi plays (all effort and speed), it works out well.  I don't think he could last playing every game.

Most importantly, Lavezzi has started all but 1 of the top games...

And age has nothing to do with it.  He could get injured and/or his form could drop.  He wants to get paid while his value is high.  Why should he take the risk?  No reason to.  Absolutely stupid if he does tbh.  It's not his problem if Juve can't afford him. It's not like he's selling ambition for money by going to Madrid or PSG.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Rumors suggest otherwise.Lavezzi isnt that important a player for PSG as Pogba is for Juventus.Lavezzi is also inconsistent which is why i assume the club is not entirely happy with him and thus put him for sale.

sportsczy wrote:And age has nothing to do with it. He could get injured and/or his form could drop. He wants to get paid while his value is high. Why should he take the risk? No reason to. Absolutely stupid if he does tbh. It's not his problem if Juve can't afford him.

Not as high as deserving of ~6m wages.Its not like he's carrying the team ffs.

And 4m is not some kind of poverty wage and this is at the figure which i think he'll extend in the end.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's not like he's selling ambition for money by going to Madrid or PSG.

Well settled into the Juventus team already,key player and proper environment to grow further and become a world class player.

He'd undeniably have higher expectations instantly if he swapped Juve for either of those clubs as early as next summer especially Madrid which is not an ideal environment for him to develop.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Lavezzi is not up for sale. He will be made available for sale in the summer IF Mata or bought AND he asks to leave. Neither has happened so far. The media is just speculating because Lavezzi's performances have been subpar and PSG is being linked to other great forwards. They're sensationalizing.

There has been no comment about Lavezzi from Lavezzi, his agent or PSG. Nothing. Until that happens, it's all speculation. There are no contract issues or extensions that need to be done either... BUT i can definitely see it happen if Mata gets bought and he gets benched.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:49 pm

You deserve what top clubs are willing to pay. If clubs out there are offering you 6+ mil, then that's the benchmark. That's the law of market economics.

Assuming a new contract is 5 years... the difference of 4 mil and 6 mil is a total of 10 mil in guaranteed money. I would be highly surprised if he walks away from that.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Sacchi urges Pogba to stay at Juventus

The legendary coach thinks it would be a mistake if the French midfielder were to leave the Scudetto holders

Arrigo Sacchi has urged Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba to stay at the Serie A champions rather than move somewhere which is more financially rewarding.

The France international is being heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain, but Sacchi believes leaving Juve for the Ligue 1 giants could hurt Pogba's career.

"Paul has a lot of quality and has had the luck to arrive at Juventus at the right moment," Sacchi was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"Juventus are the example of a team that multiplies the quality of the individual.

"When you are feeling well at a club, you should not leave. One million more or less doesn't make someone richer or poorer. A player should primarily think about their career.

"There are plenty of examples of big players who switched clubs for higher wages and then flopped at their new team."

Pogba, 20, has a contract with Juventus until the summer of 2016.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:19 pm

If the difference is truly just 1 million a year, then i completely agree with him.  Post-tax, that's less than 500k a year.  But I'm not sure that the number... for example, Benzema makes 6,2 mil wages and another 5 mil for the 50% image rights he receives from Madrid.  That's 11,2 mil take home, which made him the highest paid french player last year. The are apparently offering the exact same contract to Pogba.

Also, Pogba walks into both the Madrid and the PSG midfields... he's that good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Thought he had a pretty average game.Lots of misplaced passes and some mistouches too but defensively never really looked out of place and that was the important aspect about him today.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:50 pm

love how sportszcy is quick to claim Lavezzi rumors as "rumors" with no word from Lavezzi the player or his agent but tries to state Pogba rumors as fact, clearly shows you the personal bias of the man at advantages that he sought to sway only his way....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 pm

wasnt brilliant today against Roma but still had a solid showing bar some shocking passes early on.

Hope this guy stays at juve and learns from vidal and pirlo.

Amazing talent.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:33 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:love how sportszcy is quick to claim Lavezzi rumors as "rumors" with no word from Lavezzi the player or his agent but tries to state Pogba rumors as fact, clearly shows you the personal bias of the man at advantages that he sought to sway only his way....
Very Happy Very Happy:D:D:DCan't agree more SmileSmile Very Happy Very Happy
He should be called trollotszcy Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:44 am

I didn't like what I saw from Pogba today
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:02 am

Marotta today said : Pogba,Pirlo and Conte are not leaving Juve

The managing director of Juventus, Giuseppe Marotta, is guest tonight on "La Domenica Sportiva" Raidue. TuttoJuve.com is reporting in its entirety and in real time what he said:

Looking at the standings, you do not mind seeing the Inter so far away ...
"Beyond Inter, however, there are teams aggressive. This is the Rome that we dealt with yesterday, which was important as a roadmap having never lost a game, then Napoli, Fiorentina ... so I would say that in 20 days the end there are 60 points available, our advantage is important, but it is not significant in definitive terms. "

Two months ago there was a time when it was said that this Juve was less strong. Instead this team and its coach, who yesterday blocked the Roma on the wing and continue to surprise us ...

"And I must say that the start of the extraordinary Rome has tried to put Juventus in a chiaroscuro. But in reality even today we lost one game, we drew as many games for the rest we have always won. So essentially means that the beginning was so hard, but still along the lines of last year we re-present today in the same position last year and it is a ride that must be ascribed with great credit to the Count and his boys. During the last ten games the team has produced 26 goals and only one right away. "

The fact of being out of the Champions League has given you more energy to say 'I want three consecutive Serie A titles'?

"That was and is a goal that you had from the start. Initial goal was to do well in the Champions League, FA Cup and Italian championship. Then we went out of the Champions League, this has left great bitterness, but the continuation of this roster has come physiologically enough. "

In your fort. 47 games in those two and a half years, 36 wins, 102 goals scored and 26 conceded. The championships are built starting from the performance in your stadium?

"I think so, this is a bit 'a feature of the big teams. Friend in front of the audience you an extra boost. Having a stadium our means having a strong sense of belonging, the people who are physically close because there are no barriers acts as the twelfth man on the field. And 'one more incentive. But beyond this, I think the team has done very well even on the road and I would say above that is a roadmap which continues for three years consecutively. "

If you talk about it for months, I will make three names: Pogba, Pirlo and Conte. Which of the three can really get away from Juve in June?

"Right now I think nobody. Ne now, nor in June. Why Pirlo, although it is out of contract, is a player who has raised at Juventus."

It 's true that you are ready for a three-year Pirlo?

"I say that certainly the relationship between society and the player are great, as soon as possible we're going to extend his stay at Juventus. Duration it will let you know when we are going to define."

Pogba to have had real deals?

"Pogba is clearly a very good player, you know all about him and then there are the big club. Yet even Juventus is a great club, is a company used to buy and to sell. But are all situations that then be addressed later when the programs will be made on our part, when we will meet with representatives of the player to extend his contract, because this is an important fact. "

But there is a meeting scheduled in a week?

"Not this week but in the medium term. But I have to say that the relationship with 'entourage, with the men of confidence Pogba is great, so from this point of view we are comfortable."

But the conflict with the Count of certain choices - we talked Matri Giaccherini - solved? You feared that it could lead to a divorce?

"No, I've never been afraid, but I must say that these dynamics are, however, synonymous with great transparency. Delle dynamics between the coach and the society in terms of transfers will be there, there have been and there always are. It 'clear that the company acts trying to please the coach, but also trying to generate quell'optimum sports that also takes into account certain economic and financial balance. then it is obvious that you can not always please the coaches. But beyond this, the relationship with Conte is excellent, the relationship with the coach who then is the manager, the real architect of our journey is positive. too, for he did not see the particular alarmist. "

And 'real demand for the Count want to have an external module to change in January and revive the 4-3-3?

"No, I must say, however, that the Count has married this tactical approach, then it may very well continue on this. It 'clear that the external lever for him are a very important part in the development of the game, but still managed to create the conditions because the team can easily go in marking, so that only in a game we did not score, Nele last ten games we have done 26 goals, just one. much important data which demonstrate that the team is prolific, both as a defensive point of view fails to check out the dividends.'d say the tactical flexibility there should be in the world of football, there must also be a coach which is modern and open Conte, external so the fact that as we are not at this time covered, partly because we found ourselves without Pepe for more than a year and a half, can generate in him, but also in our society, the need to cover this gap., but a gap is very marginal compared to the value of this group. "

This is the best Juve ever? Or our league is not what it used to be?

"I say that the numbers are important, and these are quite symptomatic of a Juventus that for two years has been a leader in Italy, it is still at this time even though we are in the middle of the road. It 'difficult to make comparisons because for me as far as my memory will help me to do this analysis, football is constantly changing, so you have to make the comparison in relation to the opponents that we have throughout the year. however say that the team is strong. E 'strong but above develops a collective game where everyone tends to have a ductility. compete may well also at European level, beyond the fact that we were eliminated. "

Already?
"Last year this team reached the quarter, this year we were eliminated, however, because the Champions League is a tournament, not a league where if you mess up a lot of risks to be eliminated. We have trusted the last game against Galatasaray, when the adverse weather conditions have not been able to develop a certain type of game, perhaps forgetting that we threw away qualification in Copenhagen and at home to Galatasaray. "

Got injured Giuseppe Rossi. Quagliarella always liked to Fiorentina: there is the loan? Or just final sale?

"We have five strikers that those who were counting the commitments of the season and we believe it can serve for the whole season .. And I'm still the commitments of the season, because let's not forget who will participate in the Europa League, which has perhaps less value from the qualitative point of view, but it is a commitment firmer and stronger, because the games are more. want to get to the bottom and then we need a competitive squad. then is also what every player thinks. Quagliarella If he had expressed the 'intention to be transferred, obviously we would have taken into account, but at this time we do not have demands. "

Vucinic is required to pià big European teams. What are your intentions?

"No, we do not want to give anyone. I have to say that the players are playing for Juventus. Who is at Juventus in grandisquadre know that you make a shortlist of 24 elements, where titolarissimi do not exist, but there are holders: however, players who are used from time to time. Conte is very good in the presence of so-called trickle, quotes, actors, because good or bad they all had the chance to play. competitions are still three and a rose must be numerically strong. "
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 am

So this is the second time in a matter of just a few days he's come out and said this but apparently our resident PSG director of sports seems to have other ideas.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next