Soul
fatman123
Uncanny
Kick
Shed
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion

Post by fatman123 Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Should've got a sig bet on Shane Long scoring Mad

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion

Post by Ciprian Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:BS game! And I had to be surrounded by United fans while watching it!
Wow, so you have pretty many Man U fans in Sri Lanka.
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:14 am

Terrible performance.

Kick was right about needing a reliable CM in January.

IMO, we need to put in Azpi instead of Iva at RB (the latter can take Cahill's spot or we can look at Luiz) and keep starting Mata instead.

Someone from WAGNH described the Mata situation perfectly:

"Refusing to play Mata is like refusing to drive a Ferrarri just because of the fuel efficiency issue."
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:59 am

We've needed a CM for YEARS. When 35-year-old Lampard can walk straight into your team undisputed, you know you've got problems. £60m spent over the summer and not a penny of it on any players we actually needed. Frightening incompetence.

As for Mata, the manager is more interested in playing politics than football. Just another of his ego-trips, I reckon.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:47 am

Enough is enough from Mourinho, He has got to play Mata.

That game was horrible to watch for two main reasons. Our Clueless CM's and our slow AM's.

A simple solution till Jan would be this:

Cech
Ivanoivc Cahill Terry Cole
Ramires/Luiz Oscar
Schurrle Mata Hazard
Eto'o

This should only be employed against weaker teams but solves two main problems, Our CM's cannot bring the ball forward whether it be a pass or a dribble into the attacking third, Oscar can solve this problem and DL4 could help.

Mata speeds up the play and by dropping Oscar back, we allow Mata to play his favoured AM spot.
Schurrle should start because he hugs the touch line, cutting the those horrible Ivanovic crosses.

Now do it, Jose!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:27 am

Ciprian wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:BS game! And I had to be surrounded by United fans while watching it!
Wow, so you have pretty many Man U fans in Sri Lanka.
Yeah there are but I'm living in Malaysia, studying. Smile So its a uni full of MANU fans Sad
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:10 am

Kick wrote:Enough is enough from Mourinho, He has got to play Mata.

That game was horrible to watch for two main reasons. Our Clueless CM's and our slow AM's.

A simple solution till Jan would be this:

Cech
Ivanoivc Cahill Terry Cole
Ramires/Luiz Oscar
Schurrle Mata Hazard
Eto'o

This should only be employed against weaker teams but solves two main problems, Our CM's cannot bring the ball forward whether it be a pass or a dribble into the attacking third, Oscar can solve this problem and DL4 could help.

Mata speeds up the play and by dropping Oscar back, we allow Mata to play his favoured AM spot.
Schurrle should start because he hugs the touch line, cutting the those horrible Ivanovic crosses.

Now do it, Jose!
I don't get why he doesn't play Oscar as a cm and pair him up with a dm, and play mata in front of them. I feel that would be perfect for us, Oscar makes so many tackles and can be our deep lying playmaker while mata does what he does.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:28 am

Exactly, I think it must be because we then lose a pressing AM as well as a pressing CM but with Lampard having lost his legs, I don't see how it is different.

How we could use MVG now. Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:55 am

Kick wrote:Exactly, I think it must be because we then lose a pressing AM as well as a pressing CM but with Lampard having lost his legs, I don't see how it is different.

How we could use MVG now. Sad
Exactly my thoughts, I could have seen van ginkel prosper so much in this role. But def can see Oscar nail this role even more. When JT isn't playing Lampard is our only true leader on the pitch, so I can understand why he is played so much, but I'm still trusting mourinho is carry our team as days progress. This is def only a stand still as I feel we usually drop our form around this time and pick it back up after Boxing Day
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Forget the Ramires penalty decision! Ivanovic was fouled during both West Brom goals! [GIFs]:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/forget-the-ramires-penalty-decision-ivanovic-was-fouled-during-both-west-brom-goals-v-chelsea-gifs/

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion - Page 3 Vh1o0bd

Premier League - Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion - Page 3 HoagNXw

Hmm

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm

It was a penalty.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 pm

It wasn't a penalty, but I guess I'll call it fair since ref didn't call anything on their first goal lol, shit happens.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Chelsea manager José Mourinho in tunnel bust-up after calling West Bromwich Albion defender Jonas Olsson a 'Mickey Mouse player':
Chelsea manager José Mourinho was involved in a 20-man tunnel bust-up at Stamford Bridge on Saturday over calling Baggies defender Jonas Olsson a 'Mickey Mouse player' after the Swede allegedly told him to 'f*ck off'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10442550/Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho-calls-West-Bromwich-Albions-Jonas-Olsson-a-Mickey-Mouse-player.html

Quotes, sources, eyewitness accounts...? Just the usual " _______ understands " then? Right.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 am

rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:25 am

I'm slightly concerned by the positive tone of Mourinho's comments post-match. His comments suggest that he was pleased with the team's effort and that his team were outdone primarily because of the opponent's efforts. However, I'm sure Mourinho can see that the team is struggling to break down opponents who do not allow space for our attackers and clearly something has to change because this current crop of players are struggling in this respect. Still, however, we continue to see Azpilicueta being instructed not to move past the mid-way line while the ineffective Ivanovic is allowed to bomb forward. Nor was there a suggestion from Mourinho that he'll try to play Mata over Oscar (who has been ineffective lately), although it's worth pointing out that Mata didn't do much after coming on for Oscar. We all know Mourinho prioritizes his defense, and this is not a bad thing as it's just a difference in tactics between managers. However, a failure to win against West Ham (who look like a much tougher task than West Brom) would see him lose a lot of people around him. Ultimately, it'd be nice if he changed a few things around and made the team more attack-minded, especially since teams like West Brom and West Ham do not attack in the beginning stages of the game. I feel that we do not need to think too much about defense against these sides. However, at the same time I refuse to believe that Mourinho lets his stubbornness affect his judgement because we all know winning is his priority (record speaks for itself). Maybe he'll prove us wrong.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 am

I agree, I would love to see Oscar in the Pivot and Mata starting against the Hammers, At least for the start where we will have like 70% possession.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:54 pm

I second that. Anybody except for Lampard would be great in pivot.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3