Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Silvestre > Zapata Empty Re: Silvestre > Zapata

Post by nichabr Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:00 pm

After one game I am not so sure but I don't think starting one of our defenders over the other is going to change the outcome of the game.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 am

Dont know if this one game can give Allegri aheadache before the Barca game, but Udinese had absolutely nothing to show for besides a freekick. Wouldnt it be great to see another Inter scrub star for us:)

Zapata, rest in pieces :/
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:14 am

Well, we will be seeing Silvestre in at least another 3 games until Mexes gets back from suspension.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 am

Can't believe I am saying this but get well soon Bonera.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Thought Zapata had a good game vs Barca. One of the best players on the pitch imo.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Zapata is good. Not most solid but no slouch either. Put him in at back 3 system and I think we should see him at his maximum. Don't think Allegri would do that, though. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 am

and why should he ? A backline of 3 wouldn't be an upgrade for the rest of the team, even if Zapata was to become our best defender through it. Allegri would only make such a bold move if the majority of the team were going to benefit from the change , it's only logical , never mention Zapata alone doesn't deserve such a move.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:09 am

In his defence , Zapata has had and will always have to impress as a CB in the most difficult place in the world for CBs , it's really not easy to impress people who have been watching real defenders for years and years , but truth be told , his brainfarting mistakes & accidents don't help the cause much either.

I mean , it's his 2nd season now and we have bought him permanently , after he has had a full 12-13 season as a loanee and he has had full trust by the coach and the management , once again this season . So far i've seen no imprevement in general lines since last season , even though he seems a bit more confident in comparison to last season. But that should be a given , right? And besides , not even that confident in his moves and skill . It's just , knowing he's a regular gives him an edge , which even this one he doesn't seem to utilise properly . He won't have 10 2nd chances , specially around here.

And he already seems almost like a lost best , just a day after his show in Turin , Milan immediately goes and buys Rami , as if that was what broke the glass or something. Because i am pretty sure if Zapata was doing great this season , we wouldn't go for Rami , especially that far off the transfer window.

He was from ok to good enough in most Serie A games last season and there have been games where he played poorly , mostly on the big occasion . In the Champions League , call me unimpressed , if not irritated we didn't replace him already.

As a matter of fact , the only reason he has stayed on the lineup is because everybody knows Milan aren't Champions League contenders nowdays. If we go by the real criteria Milan has been going with in the past and that is simply the Champions League , Zapata would be at best a depth player in Milan. I never expected him to evolve anywhere near to the level of Thiago Silva or anything , but after we rescued him from the catastrophy at Villareal , i thought he would repay us back big time for all the trust we have thrown in him. Seems like it worked only so much.

As for Silvestre , he didn't impress at Inter , even though i don't have the full picture . Not sure if he couldn't handle it or if there were other restrictions , but most probably he couldn't handle the competition . Whatever it was , it was . All i know is that he had a solid display against Udinese and definitely didn't seem out of place. But let's see how he continues , though.

To finish the post with Silvestre , he was really good in 11-12 , when we won Serie A. Can't recall anything before that as far as Silvestre goes. But imo , according to what he does this season , it will mean his future . If he does well , we may as well sign him permanently and sell Zaccardo , or if he doesn' do well , Milan do not buy him and keep Zaccardo. When Bonera comes back , someone is just going to dissapear , that much is certain.

In either case , we will need a new CB in the summer , even if we just get Salamon back , of that i am almost sure.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

After some thought, I have come to the conclusion that Zapata is the worst starting CB in Milan history, at least as far as I have seen. The likes of un-prime Bonera and Digao were benchwarmers. This scrub is starting every match :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:24 am

Yeah, the fact is that no matter how 'good' Zapata and Mexes have been, we have conceded a huge number of goals and that is simply unacceptable. Rami's purchase is completely justified.

As for Zaccardo, he is surely on the way out. If Galliani is serious about moving towards a 25 man squad of predominantly youth players, Zaccardo is no.1 on the list for sale or release. He isn't a really good CB back-up in the first place and is much more suited to WB. I think that Constant is a superb back-up option, much better than Zaccardo. Zaccardo only really needs to be played when Abate and De Sciglio are both out. I think we can give a youth player the opportunity to take the field in that scenario. Emanuelson is trash, I can't believe he's still here.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down