Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Best of Brazil 82' Empty Re: Best of Brazil 82'

Post by Casciavit Thu 17 Oct - 23:15:10

Valkyrja wrote:The greatest team never to win a World Cup, they were better than Holland '74
No, they weren't. Stop spouting nonsense.

On topic:

Socrates Proud

Great video, I've seen it plenty of times though. My favourite goal would have to be #5, Falcao's goal. The transition from Defence to Offence was splendid.

However, I did download some of their full matches from 4Dfoot and there were many problems with the team IMO.

Zico and Socrates constantly got in each other's way. So Zico drifted to the right-wing since Socrates took up so much space in the middle. However Socrates was the one dictating the pace of the game so it was understood why. Eder was supposed to be playing off Serginho in a SS role, but he constantly drifted to the left and played more like a LW rather than a SS. I personally believe they played a 4-2-1-3/4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-2-2-2 tbh. Falcao played way too high up the pitch as a DM, Tele Santana gave his midfielders a lot of freedom, but since Falcao neglected his defensive duties plenty of times, Brazil were often caught on the counter. Add to the fact there fullbacks were always high up the pitch and were poor at tracking back, Brazil looked like 2-7-1 defending counters and when they had possession of the ball.

Oh btw, when I'm saying words like 'supposed to', I'm referring to Tele Santana who claimed his team played a 4-2-2-2 and that Socrates and Zico were in the middle and Eder was a ST. But, when you watch the team it rarely ever looks like that.

However, these are the issues that occur when you try to put the best players in a team and give them full offensive freedom. It was beautiful to watch, but it also served a lesson to the football world. Jonathan Wilson explains it well:

''It was the day that a certain naivety in football died; it was the day after which it was no longer possible simply to pick the best players and allow them to get on with it; it was the day that system won."
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 17 Oct - 23:53:09

European's and Brazilians (or South Americans even) often argue over 4222 and 4231 funny enough. It happened with Dunga's Brazil too.

Europeans see this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brazilians see this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 18 Oct - 0:01:23

Brazil 82 played a modified 4-2-3-1, I discussed that with Sam a few months  ago on the madrid section while Dunga's Brazil (and most Tele teams) played more of a actual 4-4-2(known as 4-2-2-2 outside of Brazil) with AMs or atacking fullbacks on the wings.Its pretty funny how we rarely produced actual wingers throughout history, or at least good ones.I think our only GOAT which was an actual winger is Garrincha.Some might argue Rivelino was a winger but he was more of an AM from what i know
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 18 Oct - 0:22:21

Yeah, Rivelino was more of a 10 than a winger. He played on the "left" of a 4411 with complete freedom and he used it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down