Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea

+12
Ali
El Chelsea Fuerte
Lord Spencer
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
RealGunner
Gil
theaguia
Red Alert
izzy
BeautifulGame
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea Empty Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:18 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933432/luka-modric-remains-determined-to-quit-tottenham-hotspur?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716

Luka Modric has accused Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy of going back on a gentleman's agreement and insists he is still determined to leave the club this summer.

Modric saw a £22 million bid from Chelsea rejected by Spurs, prompting him to head for crisis talks with Levy. The chairman insisted afterwards that Modric would not be allowed to leave White Hart Lane and that the player understood the club's stance.

However, the Croatia international is still clearly unhappy, with Rafael van der Vaart revealing his colleague is "disappointed" by the outcome of last week's meeting, while manager Harry Redknapp added that Modric remains "confused".

On Sunday, Modric finally broke his own silence, claiming Tottenham's chairman "did not care" what he wanted, while stating he still hopes to engineer a move to Chelsea before the end of the summer transfer deadline.

Asked what he would do if Spurs refuse to let him leave, Modric was quoted as telling Sportske Novosti: "I haven't thought about it at all because [not letting me go] would definitely not be good for anyone. I have already told the chairman that last summer he said we would find a mutually satisfactory agreement if a club like Chelsea came in.

"I hope that eventually he will understand the situation and that we will reach an agreement and go our separate ways in an appropriate manner."

Elaborating on his meeting with Levy, Modric revealed the Spurs chairman was happy to let the midfielder spend the season rotting in the reserves if he did not honour his long-term contract.

"A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened. I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It all only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club.

"I reminded the chairman of our gentleman's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham. At that time, I had an open chat with Levy - that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned.

"The chairman said, 'Okay, we'll sit and talk [about any offers]'. Now Levy doesn't want to talk to me and said there is no possibility that I can leave Spurs.

"He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."

Modric also cemented his desire to play for new Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.

"There is no doubt that Chelsea want me - they sent a concrete offer to Tottenham. I know that the new Chelsea boss said he wants me in his team. Of course I am flattered by this interest in me - it's a club that all players dream of joining, fighting for every competition available.

"It wasn't a snap decision - I talked a long time with my family and people whose opinions I respect. I thought about it, weighed it all up, and finally decided this was the best option."

Is it me or he does come across as a massive D1ck head? First publicly saying he wants to quit the club and now this.He signed a 6 year contract 12 months ago. If he was so concerned about getting a move to a bigger club then he should have insisted on an escape clause of some kind.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea Empty Re: Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea

Post by izzy Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Not a d1ck, just someone who has realised Spurs are not really going anywhere.

I think he has always known that Spurs was just a stepping stone for him to establish himself an move on to a bigger club when the time was right for him.
Him waiting for his contract to run down and pulling a Nasri is even a bigger disrespect IMO.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea Empty Re: Modric hits out at Spur's chairman Levy.Still determined to quit Spurs for Chelsea

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Poor Modric. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:27 pm

i honestly dont want him at chelsea even tough he is an aawesome player
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:45 pm

izzy26 wrote:Not a d1ck, just someone who has realised Spurs are not really going anywhere.

I think he has always known that Spurs was just a stepping stone for him to establish himself an move on to a bigger club when the time was right for him.
Him waiting for his contract to run down and pulling a Nasri is even a bigger disrespect IMO.

If that is the case why did he sign a 6 year contract a year back?Also why not simply put in a transfer request?Why go of mouthing to the media?

He says he wouldnt put in a transfer request because that is disrespectful for the club and then runs to media mouthing of Spurs which is far more disrespectful.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Not a d1ck, just someone who has realised Spurs are not really going anywhere.

If that is the case why did he sign a 6 year contract a year back?Also why not simply put in a transfer request?Why go of mouthing to the media?

He says he wouldnt put in a transfer request because that is disrespectful for the club and then runs to media mouthing of Spurs which is far more disrespectful.

I'd make him look bad in the media too... After all...

"He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."

Joke of a chairman. Joke of a manager. Joke of a club.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:34 pm

So the club don't get shafted when he finally transfers see Sahin, Ozil, Nasri etc. He even says he had a gentleman's agreement with Levy in the article you posted ffs.

Joke of a club. You don't keep players that don't no longer want to play you.

*waits for someone to reference Ronaldo and Cesc despite them publicly never wanting to leave their respective clubs*
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm

thats why i love cesc. He wants to go barcelona but will never put arsenal to shame.

modric is a joke
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:thats why i love cesc. He wants to go barcelona but will never put arsenal to shame.

modric is a joke

This.I said few days Cesc deserves more respect than most footballers in this generation for the way he is keeping his head through out this saga.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Cesc has barca DNA, he is humble and respectful
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Gil wrote:
So the club don't get shafted when he finally transfers see Sahin, Ozil, Nasri etc. He even says he had a gentleman's agreement with Levy in the article you posted ffs.

Joke of a club. You don't keep players that don't no longer want to play you.

*waits for someone to reference Ronaldo and Cesc despite them publicly never wanting to leave their respective clubs*

gentleman agreement? What the feck is that? What is the evidence that he isn't lieing to make spurs look bad in the media and force his way out?

Why not insert a buy out clause rather than an gentleman agreement like most footballers do? Why not put in a transfer request rather than mouthing off in the media?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:02 pm

To be fair Cesc doesn't play for Sp*rs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:04 pm

lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:05 pm

I wonder if the Yid bashing would be so fun here, if we actually had a couple of Spurs fans here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Now Phil Mcnulty [BBC football editor ] is saying there was never any gentleman agreement.

philmcnulty Phil McNulty
Modric sounding a bit desperate claiming Levy broke gentleman's agreement by not selling him. My understanding - no such agreement. #fb
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Sepi wrote:I wonder if the Yid bashing would be so fun here, if we actually had a couple of Everton fans here Very Happy

Fixed, nothing to do with the topic but id love to see some Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Everton will be relegated in the next 5 years. Mark My Words.

They are in for Hargreaves :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Sepi wrote:Sunderland will be relegated in the next 2 years. Mark My Words.

They are in for Gibson :coffee:

Fixed Very Happy

Seriously though are more varied lot of EPL fans would be great, the more banter the merrier Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:11 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Now Phil Mcnulty [BBC football editor ] is saying there was never any gentleman agreement.

philmcnulty Phil McNulty
Modric sounding a bit desperate claiming Levy broke gentleman's agreement by not selling him. My understanding - no such agreement. #fb

So you don't believe Modric's words but you take Phil f**king McNulty's words as the bloody gospel. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Sunderland are a curious case.

I think Bruce is playing Football Manager.....they are expected to sign 12 new players..that's HALF A SQUAD. Wonder how long it'll take for them to gel.

For 2 seasons, they've got into a brilliant start and then went on long winless runs midseason. will be interesting to see how they do this year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Now Phil Mcnulty [BBC football editor ] is saying there was never any gentleman agreement.

philmcnulty Phil McNulty

Was he also there when the private chat took place? scratch
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I believe BBC the most reliable source in Britain more than a lieing footballer like Modric.

This is the same Modric who said he wants to stay with Spurs for a long time and dont want to leave a month ago.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Nishank wrote:

philmcnulty Phil McNulty

Was he also there when the private chat took place? scratch

Do u believe Ballauge was in the room when Torres handed his transfer request?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:27 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Do u believe Ballauge was in the room when Torres handed his transfer request?

What do you mean by that?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I was in a room with Torres. I can verify that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum