Marchisio back for Verona tie?

+3
juventus101
Fuzail
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Marchisio back for Verona tie? Empty Marchisio back for Verona tie?

Post by DeviAngel Thu 19 Sep 2013, 17:14

Claudio Marchisio is hoping to return to action on Sunday in Juventus’ home game against Verona.

The Italian international has been sidelined since picking up a knee injury in August’s Italian Super Cup Final win over Lazio.

The midfielder had been pencilled in to be at the disposal of boss Antonio Conte for next week’s midweek round tie at Chievo.

However, the 27-year-old could be named in the squad for the Week 4 action if he doesn’t suffer any fitness setbacks between now and the Juventus Stadium tie.
====
Proud
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Marchisio back for Verona tie? Empty Re: Marchisio back for Verona tie?

Post by Fuzail Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:39

thank God

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 16:47

If hes fit he should play. Pogba has done a good job, nothing more nothing less. Hes had some bright moments that showed his ability and potential, but for the most part has been a liability defensively and overall not as good as Marchisio. Pogbas bright moments, and Marchisios superiority are exactly why I think Marchisio should continue as a starter for sure with Pogba as the first choice super sub not just for Marchisio but also for Pirlo and Vidal, and eventually take over for Pirlo.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 20 Sep 2013, 16:58

With Pogba we are far more dangerous in attack, with Marchisio we are far far better in defense. That's a 'good' headache and a good thing to choose from as manager it gives you a lot of flexibility.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail Fri 20 Sep 2013, 17:43

I do not think Pogba really adds to the attack, he is just there but not necasarilly effective

Marchisio works really well with the left midfielder and attacker while Pogba just plays up top not really sticking to a position

I want to see Pogba, Marchisio and Vidal in the midfield

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 17:50

I agree that we are far better defensively with Marchisio.

I disagree that we are better offensively with Pogba. Dont let his flashyness and offensive risks (for example dribbling out of our own half, and sometimes failing) fool you. Marchisio is simply not as flashy, but he adds even more to the offense in my opinion than Pogba.

Pogbas risks will pay off though once in a while which is why he makes a perfect super sub as of now, and id say by the end of this season will have the maturity to take over for Pirlo permanently.

Also, Marchisio is more clutch. The chances Pogba blew against Inter and Copenhagen I would bet Marchisio wouldve buried.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:05

Marchisio hasn't shown much in attack since the early part of 2013 with Juve and the Azzurri. I'd take Pogba over him no questions asked. Marchisio is marked too easily, while Pogba is able to easily leave his defenders.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:09

Juventude wrote:Marchisio hasn't shown much in attack since the early part of 2013 with Juve and the Azzurri.  I'd take Pogba over him no questions asked.  Marchisio is marked too easily, while Pogba is able to easily leave his defenders.  
as I said depends on the situation. If we are playing against a team where you need good defense and defensive positioning I would play Marchisio. If we are playign attacking football I would play Pogba. But when Marchisio is on form I would play him whatever we need. I am glad we have such luxury to choose and adapt to
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri 20 Sep 2013, 18:30

DeviAngel wrote:
Juventude wrote:Marchisio hasn't shown much in attack since the early part of 2013 with Juve and the Azzurri.  I'd take Pogba over him no questions asked.  Marchisio is marked too easily, while Pogba is able to easily leave his defenders.  
as I said depends on the situation. If we are playing against a team where you need good defense and defensive positioning I would play Marchisio. If we are playign attacking football I would play Pogba. But when Marchisio is on form I would play him whatever we need. I am glad we have such luxury to choose and adapt to
I was only referring to Pogba vs. Marchisio in attack. Marchisio hasn't shown me much in attack in a very, very long time. He seemed to disappear in big games and was marked out against teams like Bayern. While Pogba seems to be able to break free from defenders in attack when he is without the ball. Pogba's finishing in front of goal may need work, but I think that overall he's a more dangerous player in attack.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri 20 Sep 2013, 19:03

Pogba and Marchisio are two different players. They should be on the pitch at the same time for full effectiveness. Conte needs to find a way to play them together without taking Pirlo off the pitch. I hope he figures it out.

I've have people laugh when I suggest Pobga should play as an attacking midfielder. I guess those people have never seen a 20 year old phenom change positions. Some of the greatest players of all time have switched positions. Pogba has a lot of characteristics of an attacking midfielder. You can see it the way he plays. He plays like a free bird. That's what an AM does. Not a CM. Marchisio and Vidal are CM's with different strengths and weaknesses. Pogba is a different type of player, he doesn't play like a typical CM plays, and I hope Conte has the vision to see this and make the change.

I'm looking forward to seeing both Marchisio and Pogba on the pitch together. Let's see what Conte does.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri 20 Sep 2013, 21:09

juventus101 wrote:If hes fit he should play. Pogba has done a good job, nothing more nothing less. Hes had some bright moments that showed his ability and potential, but for the most part has been a liability defensively and overall not as good as Marchisio. Pogbas bright moments, and Marchisios superiority are exactly why I think Marchisio should continue as a starter for sure with Pogba as the first choice super sub not just for Marchisio but also for Pirlo and Vidal, and eventually take over for Pirlo.
Totaly agree
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail Fri 20 Sep 2013, 21:11

I agree with juve_gigi

Pogba is not in the same mould. He should be given that role marchisio was given by the end of last year playing alongside Vucinic

Lich MVP Asamoah

Pogba Tevez

just saying

Pogba will have the freedom to go on both wings and basically do whatever he wants

And another thing I keep thinking is replaicing ASamoah with Pogba meaning Marchisio and Pogba on the left

If I were conte that is what I would be trying out

Pirlo

Lich Vidal Marchisio Pogba

Strikers

This will mean Marchisio and Lichsteiner are a bit more defensive than Vidal and Pogba

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri 20 Sep 2013, 22:16

Fuzail wrote:I agree with juve_gigi

Pogba is not in the same mould. He should be given that role marchisio was given by the end of last year playing alongside Vucinic

Lich MVP Asamoah

Pogba Tevez

just saying

Pogba will have the freedom to go on both wings and basically do whatever he wants

And another thing I keep thinking is replaicing ASamoah with Pogba meaning Marchisio and Pogba on the left

If I were conte that is what I would be trying out

Pirlo

Lich Vidal Marchisio Pogba

Strikers

This will mean Marchisio and Lichsteiner are a bit more defensive than Vidal and Pogba

I agree 100%. Take out Asamoah and play Pogba and Marchisio together at the same time on the left. Perfect. And then Pogba can be a free bird and roam the pitch and create some scoring opportunities.

Maybe we just play a 3-4-1-2 with Pogba being the "1" and switching between playing on the left and playing in behind the strikers. Maybe there is a better formation I don't know. But at the end of the day I'd like to be able to play our "best" 11 on the pitch together. So taking Asamoah out and having both Marchisio and Pogna playing together would allow this.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri 20 Sep 2013, 22:54

Playing Pogba instead of Asamoah?I doubt this could be a good move.He needs playing time to develop but playing a young talent in a wrong position may affect his potential.I prefer to have Pogba as super sub for Marchisio,Vidal and Pirlo,with Pirlo's performances slowly decreasing this season Pogba will have more playing time than last season.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail Sat 21 Sep 2013, 04:02

It's not playing him completely out of position
Pogba has been getting in the way of asamoah

To be honest, I think he's out of position in marchisio's role. The boy does not defend or connect with peluso or asamoah

And yes pirlo is done, he did his job

And conte will push him out, he did it to del piero and will do it to pirlo
Not now, but before the season ends

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun 22 Sep 2013, 04:10

I wanna see Marchisio...Pogba...Vidal midfield..
Pirlo is a damn legend..but Conte can't expect to start him every match...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum