Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

+54
RealGunner
Ion Creanga
Forza
InteristAli
Juveman17
baresi
la bestia negra
zizzle
Dante
Wilson37
SaintJoe
VanDeezNuts
Lupi
RED
McLewis
Uncanny
S
Kaladin
Vlad the Impaler
Ciprian
Hawky
CBarca
Doc
El Jefe
zigra
Highburied
Red Alert
ProXima
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
Suarez99
Blue Barrett
chinomaster182
TenMenWonTheLeague
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Pedram
serieAkings
Art Morte
Albiceleste
Lex
Helmer
B-Mac
jibers
Freeza
Abramovich
halamadrid2
rwo power
M99
Kick
aleumdance
The_Badger
AltoZ
58 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 pm

No. Except they're playing against Barca.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by Suarez99 Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Never, never, never. Why should I? because of coefficients? pfffftttt...yeah right.

I support Liverpool....although I do support Italian teams in Italy duw to it being my favorite league but openly oppose all other english teams.

I know a Man U "fan" who was supporting Chelsea in the CL final against Bayern. To this day I shudder everytime I see him cheering on Man U, it is so fake imho.
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Generally, yes. Although it's difficult to support Milan and Napoli in any scenario.

Thankfully Inter stopped participating Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Suarez99 wrote:Never, never, never. Why should I? because of coefficients? pfffftttt...yeah right.

I support Liverpool....although I do support Italian teams in Italy duw to it being my favorite league but openly oppose all other english teams.

I know a Man U "fan" who was supporting Chelsea in the CL final against Bayern. To this day I shudder everytime I see him cheering on Man U, it is so fake imho.
So him supporting another English team in Europe disgusts you, but you supporting Italian teams is fine?

I bloody love the logic of some on this forum! Laughing

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 pm

I wouldn't say 'support'

But I have favoured them in the past.

But that's all stopped now because i'd rather not deal with the troll comments every time Juve don't win 4-0 even though you're trying your best to get behind the other clubs in Serie A.

So now I don't care tbh, i'll just sit in the shadows and laugh at the inferior teams slipping up.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 pm

depends on the opposition, I've cheered Spurs on in the past and Arsenal in certain games, never Chelsea or City.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 am

The_Badger wrote:
Suarez99 wrote:Never, never, never. Why should I? because of coefficients? pfffftttt...yeah right.

So him supporting another English team in Europe disgusts you, but you supporting Italian teams is fine?

I bloody love the logic of some on this forum! Laughing
Because as far as I know we are not direct rivals of any Serie A side, plus I dont meet there fans everyday who let you know about 100 times if they had a good European result.

I look at the Man U fan cheering on Chelsea the same way i'd look at an Inter fan cheering on Juventus, its just wrong DAM IT!
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 am

Suarez99 wrote:I look at the Man U fan cheering on Chelsea the same way i'd look at an Inter fan cheering on Juventus, its just wrong DAM IT!
I guess I must be really evil then as I want all of Dortmund, Schalke and Bayern to proceed Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:11 am

rwo power wrote:
Suarez99 wrote:I look at the Man U fan cheering on Chelsea the same way i'd look at an Inter fan cheering on Juventus, its just wrong DAM IT!
I guess I must be really evil then as I want all of Dortmund, Schalke and Bayern to proceed Very Happy
don't worry RWO, when Bundesliga marketing hit it peak and you have a random fan from Sri Lanka enters a forum claiming to be the biggest BvB fan in the world.. you would cheer against a German side one day..

i promise you Rwo
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:16 am

aleumdance wrote:don't worry RWO, when Bundesliga marketing hit it peak and you have a random fan from Sri Lanka enters a forum claiming to be the biggest BvB fan in the world.. you would cheer against a German side one day..

i promise you Rwo
Naw, we Germans are very fixated on the 5-year-ranking, so no way we'd hope German teams don't do well ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ProXima Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 am

Of course yes, good results in EL/CL makes that the league more quickly developing.

ProXima
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:51 am

Any teams in the Eredivisie. But they normally go out quickly as they can't compete financially with the other teams...

So normally I just go for the "better" team. Like, whoever is better on the day, and outperformed the opposition rather than "oh that team is more famous go Madrid" etc.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:53 am

Never.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Well it seems most people dont understand me not cheering on other EPL sides.

And then I think to myself, why dont I?

Anwser: I'm Irish and they are English clubs. Sorted.tongue
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Not always but in general yes. I wouldn't want to see Feyenoord winning the CL or so but that's not going to happen anyway and we absolutely need every point we can get. Don't want to see my team in the EL when we finish 2nd.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Suarez99 wrote:Well it seems most people dont understand me not cheering on other EPL sides.

But you cheer on Liverpool; an English club.

Why don't you support an Irish team?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 pm

No chance.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Just Real Madrid mostly. They are occasions where I'll root for one of the less known Spanish clubs that are in the UCL (Villareal, Malaga, La Real hopefully) but I certainly wouldn't cheer any of the known rivals of Real.

Don't root for any French team (weird), would literally root for any other team in Germany that isn't Bayern Munich and I don't even like most German teams (except Leverkusen and Dortmund), indifferent with Italian teams though I do hope they never get back their European dominance.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Suarez99 wrote:Well it seems most people dont understand me not cheering on other EPL sides.

But you cheer on Liverpool; an English club.

Why don't you support an Irish team?
Well you could say that to any person in any country since Liverpool has more foreign supporters than English ones. The reason the club are so big is due to support around the world, alot of which is in Ireland.

I probably dont support any Irish teams due to when I was growing up there was next to no Irish league coverage, besides with me living in Northern Ireland a lot of clubs (other than Cliftonville) would not necessarily 'accept' my type supporting them, if you know what I mean.
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Support Celtic, then. They're Irish.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Only Barcelona. If Barcelona is out then I watch the rest of the tournament as a neutral but will side with whatever team I personally think plays better football.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:14 pm

I usually cheer for La Liga teams (except Real), kind of always had a soft spot for them: Real Sociedad and Atletico this year, Malaga last year and so on.

As far as English teams are concerned, I've always wanted Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool to do well (if they don't meet Barca), I'm neutral on Man Utd and couldn't ever cheer for Chelsea.

The rest of the leagues I don't watch often, I've always had my "dark horse" favourites like Bayern or Marseille or Lazio, but I follow them to a lesser extent now. In some seasons, I really like the way some teams are playing (Dortmund last season, for example) and end up cheering for them if they don't play against one of my favourite teams.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciprian Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Hawky wrote:I usually cheer for La Liga teams (except Real), kind of always had a soft spot for them: Real Sociedad and Atletico this year, Malaga last year and so on.

As far as English teams are concerned, I've always wanted Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool to do well (if they don't meet Barca), I'm neutral on Man Utd and couldn't ever cheer for Chelsea.

The rest of the leagues I don't watch often, I've always had my "dark horse" favourites like Bayern or Marseille or Lazio, but I follow them to a lesser extent now. In some seasons, I really like the way some teams are playing (Dortmund last season, for example) and end up cheering for them if they don't play against one of my favourite teams.
What about romanian teams?
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Hawky, Adrian, Ciprian, Creanga Ion, Alin and me; quite many Romanians on GL...

Honestly, I support every Romanian team in European competitions because we need points for our coefficients.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm

BundesLegacy is over hmm

RomaniaLegacy taking over hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Hawky, Adrian, Ciprian, Creanga Ion, Alin and me; quite many Romanians on GL...

Honestly, I support every Romanian team in European competitions because we need points for our coefficients.
How can you forget main man Arquitescu ? ffs..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next