Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

+54
RealGunner
Ion Creanga
Forza
InteristAli
Juveman17
baresi
la bestia negra
zizzle
Dante
Wilson37
SaintJoe
VanDeezNuts
Lupi
RED
McLewis
Uncanny
S
Kaladin
Vlad the Impaler
Ciprian
Hawky
CBarca
Doc
El Jefe
zigra
Highburied
Red Alert
ProXima
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
Suarez99
Blue Barrett
chinomaster182
TenMenWonTheLeague
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Pedram
serieAkings
Art Morte
Albiceleste
Lex
Helmer
B-Mac
jibers
Freeza
Abramovich
halamadrid2
rwo power
M99
Kick
aleumdance
The_Badger
AltoZ
58 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by Juveman17 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Zizzle there is more to rival that your supposed "immaturity". I guess football fans for the past 100 years with historic rivalries based on geographic, political and socio-economic differences don't mean anything. They are probably just immature. That must be it.

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by Dante Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:30 pm

zizzle wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
zizzle wrote:there is an inverse relationship between a how mature the fan is and how much he/she hates rival teams.
really scratch
people usually outgrow adolescent tribal thinking after a certain point, especially when it's just football. I'm not saying you should be hugging rival fans coz after all it's competition, but if you cant respect your opponents then you still have some growing up to do imo.
I agree. I've always thought that showing respect to a rival is self-respect above all , even if you genuinely hate them. Rarely stopped me in the past tbh , ok , jokes aside or the occasional banter Laughing

In any case , no fanbase feels exactly the same for all of their historical rivals . Some Milanese fans for example , dislike Juventus much more than they dislike the Milanese rival team . Especialy in Milan . I would even say that if you put it in comparison , a few of them will say they like Milan-Inter. More rescent Juvi fans , don't seem to give a damn about Torino , but they really hate Inter after Calciopoli and they still do , because when they begun following their team , Inter ended their team's dominance at a time when they were quite strong domesticaly. So for them , they could never support Inter in Europe because it's personal ; but wouldn't hold back to support Milan in a CL match , despite being as rival as Inter is .

What you said in your first post is true and even though it doesn't end there , rivarly has a lot to do with the fan himself .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5