Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 21 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Arsenal hasn't played a DM in a long, long time (years). They play with 2 CMs that have ball recovery skills (2 of Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere and Flamini).

The defense has been very solid recently as they conceded the least goals in EPL in the 2nd half of last year and have been good defensively this year too.

Their defensive issues was mainly very poor CB play in the past... Silvestre, Squilacci, Djourou and Vermaelen. With Per/Koscielny, that's taken care of.

The biggest area of need to me was to upgrade the keeper. That's where Arsenal is weak atm.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 21 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:Ozil will make Arsenal get way more possession,Which will be a bad thing cause it would make opposing teams park the bus.

Extremely delighted to witness Ozil feed the Striker that makes the best runs in the world,Giroud.Next Arsenal match can't come soon enough.
rofl whatchu talkin bout?
Ozil can control a game by himself and is pretty good at keeping the ball.Arsenal possession stats will increase with his arrival.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:04 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Great signing imho, Arsenal play a lot like Germany, and Özil's been great for the NT pretty much every single time. It's a shitload of money, but Arsenal haven't spent much in ages, and it's for a proven world class CAM with genuine playmaking instincts. Money well spent. Even if it is a lot of money.
They should still buy a proper DM and CB though, but whatevs, Özil will do great there. Pretty much great deal for everyone except Real, and they at least get the dough.
With Ozil and Santi playmaking, our other two mid's Ramsey/Wilshere & Arteta/Flamini will be able to spend more time defending. so we won't need another DM.... I would like another CB but now that Wenger thinks Sagna is a CB, he won't get another because Flamini can play both RB and DM
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:06 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:Ozil will make Arsenal get way more possession,Which will be a bad thing cause it would make opposing teams park the bus.

Extremely delighted to witness Ozil feed the Striker that makes the best runs in the world,Giroud.Next Arsenal match can't come soon enough.
rofl whatchu talkin bout?
Ozil can control a game by himself and is pretty good at keeping the ball.Arsenal possession stats will increase with his arrival.
No he cant, never did it. He is not that kind of attacking midfielder. and keeping posession is not an issue for arsenal anyway

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:06 pm

So Arsenal still gonna be finishing ahead of Spurs...yet again
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Arsenal hasn't played a DM in a long, long time (years).  They play with 2 CMs that have ball recovery skills (2 of Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere and Flamini).

The defense has been very solid recently as they conceded the least goals in EPL in the 2nd half of last year and have been good defensively this year too.

Their defensive issues was mainly very poor CB play in the past...  Silvestre, Squilacci, Djourou and Vermaelen.  With Per/Koscielny, that's taken care of.

The biggest area of need to me was to upgrade the keeper.  That's where Arsenal is weak atm.
thank you mate

so many people don't watch Arsenal here
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:10 pm

oh and on Marca ozil news is more read than Bale

Proud
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Arsenal still need a striker. That's what the Pl is about unfortunately.

Look at Man Cty the other day. Shocking performance against an average side but were able to replace 2 £30m strikers for another and he ended up getting the vital goal.

Same applies to United when they had Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, Rooney, Saha, Welbeck, Hernandez, Van Nistelrooy, RVP at whatever points.

Or Cole, Yorke, Sherringham and Soljskaer

Last edited by Gil on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Will not be worth 50m Euros.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:23 pm

aleumdance wrote:oh and on Marca ozil news is more read than Bale

Proud
marca readers were busy going to the stadium to welcome Bale

@Gil, 100% agreed.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Gil wrote:Arsenal still need a striker. That's what the Pl is about unfortunately.

Look at Man Cty the other day. Shocking performance against an average side but were able to replace 2 £30m strikers for another and he ended up getting the vital goal.

Same applies to United when they had Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, Rooney, Saha, Welbeck, Hernandez, Van Nistelrooy, RVP at whatever points.

Or Cole, Yorke, Sherringham and Soljskaer
we are gettign ba on loan.. and probably Abel Hernandez

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Podolski is knows Ozil is coming he is retweeting tweets about him
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:44 pm

özil is more of a ss than an am

only thing i dont understand is with BOTH kaka and özil sold, AND no proper backup striker... how the *bleep* are we going to do if Benz or isco gets injured scratch 
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Confirmation of Ozil signing will come in 1 hour and 11 minutes, according to Sky Sports.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:52 pm

For some reason I don't feel like envious/threatened/anything about Ozil to Arsenal.

I guess most of all I don't understand it. Why Arsenal? I guess I'm most happy Barca don't have to face Real Madrid with Ozil anymore, or see Ozil in La Liga at all. That's probably why I don't care much about it
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:00 pm

CBarca wrote:For some reason I don't feel like envious/threatened/anything about Ozil to Arsenal.

I guess most of all I don't understand it. Why Arsenal? I guess I'm most happy Barca don't have to face Real Madrid with Ozil anymore, or see Ozil in La Liga at all. That's probably why I don't care much about it
but,, but,, you are a spurs fan Sad

you should feel angry.. deep down ADMIT IT
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Confirmation of Ozil signing will come in 1 hour and 11 minutes, according to Sky Sports.
dat precision
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 pm

CBarca wrote:For some reason I don't feel like envious/threatened/anything about Ozil to Arsenal.

Of course u don't, you just bought 11 new players with so many options upfront. I guess the question is whether you want 50m + Ozil = Bale or 70m + Lamela. I myself take 1st option.

As for the price, it's meaningless at this point, it's the statement that counted. Fans finally have something to believe in Wenger ambition and the board intention again after so many failed attempts to sign wc players.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Number of Germans in Arsenal first team

Ozil (soon)

Poldi

Mertesacker

Serge Gnabry

Gedion Zelalem

:bow:
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Buys bale for 85m, sells ozil for 40m.
What.the.fcuk.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:08 pm

lol any spurs fan who says he is not worried is just being deluded..

honestly..

Erikssen and lamela can't save you against a Midfield of Santi-Ozil- Wilshere-Ramsey-Arteta..

CAN'T

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 21 Tumblr_msh8elOwHz1shn2f0o1_500
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:33 pm

I don't understand why Ozil would want to leave. I doubt he would have ever been benched.

In terms of not play in the middle, well with Bale coming a 4-3-1-2 could have been possible.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:34 pm

don't you get it?

Madrid bought Bale for 50 Million + Ozil Smile
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Perez will be telling Ancelotti to ensure CR-Isco-Bale are played.

There's no room for Ozil there, and with the World Cup next year, he needs to be playing regularly to ensure a role within the German 23-man squad.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Why is this not official yet? Arsenal better not feck this up. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:37 pm

If only Perez let the manager decide what players were bought and sold.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next