neuro11
free_cat
CBarca
Donuts
AltoZ
26 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 am

Xavi's still easily one of our best and influential players and looked like it at times last season as well. He did also have some bad times last season too, but those were mostly near the end of the season *cough* *cough* hasn't had a break in a billion years *cough* *cough*

I'm willing to accept and expect he rotates more (advocated it last season with Thiago and also advocated Thiago should play as many minutes as Xavi this season before he left) but let's not forget this is Xavi. He makes a big difference.

Perhaps his effect will be lessened due to Tata but we'll see.

You're still misunderstanding me though. I agree, I just think you put too much stock in preseason. It's a trivial matter anyhow, the fact that Roberto hasn't been picked in the squad says it all really and that's a shame.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:28 am

free_cat wrote:Pedro has done a good pre season unlike Xavi and iniesta. And he was far from the worst vs Bayern, the only forward that created a chance, bartra aside.
That play you mention isa collective blunder btw.
Anyway, the point was more about current form than the Bayern game, and I don't want to point names as everyone failed vs Bayern although our midfield a bit more.
That play was not a collective blunder.It was a Pedro blunder alone.If the fullback goes off,the forward has to drop back to cover.Football 101.
Right now the only thing Pedro offers is workrate and he failed to do even that on that play.Entirely his fault.
I agree with you that the Bayern game was a collective failure.But that wasnt your initial post.You put the blame for the defeat on Xavi and Iniesta which is far from the truth.

I also thinking you are overstating Xavi's decline(kind of like how you did with Alves last season).
Lets not forget that Xavi had a brilliant first half of last season.Got injured in the second half.Didnt help that he foolishly went to play for Spain while still injured.But still put in one of the best midfield performances of the season against Milan while injured.Also was our best midfielder against PSG first leg.
I also dont like your comment on his 2 m passes.We have plenty of Hollywood passers in the side.What do you want him to do?With our defense the way it is,do you want him to give away the ball trying risky passes.He is playing the percentage game and calculatedly playing the safe game as he doesnt want to put our pathetic defense under more pressure.He is giving the ball to the likes of Messi,Iniesta and Fab in good areas to play the final ball.Thats him being selfless.He is a better passer than all of them but still lets them take that role.
On him not playing based on name alone,I agree completely.But you make it sound as if he is some sort of party going unprofessional.He is a great professional and competitor.As long as he plays like he did first half of last season(when he was not injured) and the Milan game,then he deserves to start.
And no amount of Fab beasting in useless frindlies is going to change that.In 2 years,Fab has not put in a performance even remotely close to Xavi's Milan performance.Let him do so in a big game and then we can talk about him replacing Xavi.Till then he can ride the bench where he belongs.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:42 am

Alex ffs :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Good luck CBarca today, the Blaugranas(Palace, Levante) aint easy.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:38 pm

My sources confirms to me that Neymar will start on the bench.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Busquets, Xavi, Fàbregas, Pedro, Alexis, Messi

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Pedro for a hat trick
Macherano for an own goal

GOOD LUCK GUYS
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Hope neymar comes in early in the second half!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Happy to see Barca back in stripes in La Liga Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:03 pm

atleast happy to see fab taking iniesta role not xavi......that makes some sense.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:04 pm

OHHH WHAT A GOAL! WHAT A PASS XAVI, ALEXIS FINISHES IT OFF
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Wonderful goal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Dat 2 meter pass by Xavi :bow:

Dat retirement :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm

like said above beautiful gol Smile cesc keeping his first half consistency record.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Another great Xavi pass, awful Pedro first touch.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm

have not seen much of Dani Alves in the offensive, Tata keeping him more defensive? Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Another beautiful goal, Messi scoring this one. The chest down by fab was great. Was that first, longer pass by Busquets?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Thats 2.

Messi should of passed straight away, didnt, Pedro shooting chance gone, cut back and Messi finish.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm

That Xavi pass....Very Happy even i thought it offside....
Man U must be missing this Cesc ....lol

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Another great pass (Xavi?) to Alexis, had more time then he knew.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Already noticing Busquets having a lot more freedom to hit the forward pass. He's not disappointing with it either, but I expected that.

Xavi looks great. If there was any doubt he would fit into a system with Tata Martino in charge, this game looks to dispel it. Early days yet, but his passing has been sublime.

This Levante side looks far more open and less cynical than before.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Here we go again, useless La Liga refs.

Busquets with a great tackle.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm

awkward gol lol but dani alves on the board now
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Messis pressing pays off with Alves goal. I know it is just Levante, but I like what i am watching.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

And that's three, wow. This is amazing.

Messi pressing wins the ball and we make a goal from it. Like he ought to. Good stuff to see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Messi high press bringing tears to my eye.

Not too much to ask is it?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next