neuro11
free_cat
CBarca
Donuts
AltoZ
26 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm

He is finally starting to play well.Why sell him now?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Because his value just skyrocketed after the last few games and free thinks he will inevitably go back to his old self.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Alexis main problems was confidence and lack of freedom.

Its clear he's now confident and its also clear he and Pedro will be given more freedom than before.

Based on the first game and the pre season games i saw, there is less of a Messi based attack but a team orientated one with the wingers given a lot more freedom. (ala Pep's first season)

I expect both Pedro and Alexis to be much better this season because of this.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Alexis issue was clearly confidence, freedom has never been an issue. He's had freedom to do anything in the pitch, but he just couldn't. Now he seems to dribble better, has better control and seems to have brain also along now.

If Alexis and Pedro can maintain this form, we can fight for CL.

Last edited by Harmonica on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

We'll see how this team will play against better oppositions. These next few games will certainly test Martino's system and while Atlético, Valencia and Málaga are no longer top European teams, they'll pose a good and timely challenge for Barça.

Regarding Sánchez, sure he's improved just like Pedro who has also been poor in the past couple of seasons. But I still think the former suffers from nerves. His touch is still poor and he makes decisions too quickly without being aware of his surroundings. But if some one can get the very best of Alexis, it is Martino.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm

free_cat wrote:Perfect time to sell Malexis.
oh please...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Now some may argue that it was just Levante.But last season even scrub teams were creating loads of chances against us.
Last season, we beat Levante 4-0 and they had 14 shots. So no question your correct.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:20 pm

What an improvement. The pressure was ridiculous.The biggest difference for me. I can comfortably say that you guys are favourites for the champions league again. Sanchez decision making was much improved. The movement was incredible. In a lot of games last season especially the Bayern game there were no runners behind the defence. Everyone was at it today. You can tell that Bayern defeat is still in the back of their minds.

Levante created very few opportunities. I for one with mole are one of the few people that said Barcelona do not need a cb. Reminded me of the team of 2010/11 season. Especially with the yellow sleeves. Cesc was used correctly for once and was everywhere. I suppose Levante is not a big test and we will learn more on Wednesday when Barcelona face a far more competent team.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Champions League favourites? I wouldn't go that far. This team still chokes on set pieces. Needs a CB without a doubt.

Also injuries can really hurt this small squad, especially from January onwards. I also expect FIFA virus to hit harder as opposed to last season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 pm

No one else concerned Messi can't even sustain this for 45 minutes on the first game of the season?

Surely conditioning will help but only to an extent.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No one else concerned Messi can't even sustain this for 45 minutes on the first game of the season?

Surely conditioning will help but only to an extent.
But how do we know he was subbed of due to fatigue?

Surely the injury, vomit and Tata "he needs more rest" comment are a bigger possibility.

Danyjr, why do you say we have a small squad? Other than CB, thats not true.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm

danyjr wrote:Champions League favourites? I wouldn't go that far. This team still chokes on set pieces. Needs a CB without a doubt.

Also injuries can really hurt this small squad, especially from January onwards. I also expect FIFA virus to hit harder as opposed to last season.
With the pressure back teams will have fewer chances getting set pieces so opposition will come in hasty and make more mistakes like before. Bar CB who how have you got a thin squad?

Look Mascherano started most games in 2011 season. If the pressure is sustained then your cbs are not exposed. As I said, even Baresi would have struggled in your defensive set up last season.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Meh, Messi pukes at the start of every season.

In CB for sure but also in RB and CM spots I think you have depth problems. Are Montoya and Sergi Roberto playing at a standard to be viable options in the league?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Montoya isnt based on preseason, but Sergi Roberto is.

But Adriano plays left and right, so seems pretty well covered to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:20 pm

I haven't watched presesaon so you may be right. I still don't get why Barcelona sold Thiago and are not willing to sign a CB.

@jibers: Let's take a chill pill as Bayern or Madrid or <insert top European team here> will not be overwhelmed by Barcelona's pressing like Levante were. Also they have much more lethal players on the counter.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 pm

well the CL fav things is a little bit too much but we all can't deny that in his first game many things were set right compared to last year
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm

danyjr wrote:I haven't watched presesaon so you may be right. I still don't get why Barcelona sold Thiago and are not willing to sign a CB.

@jibers: Let's take a chill pill as Bayern or Madrid or <insert top European team here> will not be overwhelmed by Barcelona's pressing like Levante were. Also they have much more lethal players on the counter.
Worked for almost every Barcelona game under Guardiola bar the 2-1 home defeat where Barcelona were missing most of their starting 11.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 pm

jibers wrote:What an improvement. The pressure was ridiculous.The biggest difference for me. I can comfortably say that you guys are favourites for the champions league again. Sanchez decision making was much improved. The movement was incredible. In a lot of games last season especially the Bayern game there were no runners behind the defence. Everyone was at it today. You can tell that Bayern defeat is still in the back of their minds.

Levante created very few opportunities. I for one with mole are one of the few people that said Barcelona do not need a cb. Reminded me of the team of 2010/11 season. Especially with the yellow sleeves. Cesc was used correctly for once and was everywhere. I suppose Levante is not a big test and we will learn more on Wednesday when Barcelona face a far more competent team.
I'd still say they need a CB, playing Mascherano at the back is never ideal but its nowhere near as important as getting the intensity and organisation of their pressing back and another thing which hardly anyone is mentioning.

The attack is back to 09 where the attackers are flying from all angles, its not the Messi dependent attack of last 2 years, wingers have more freedom like they did in 09 and the midfielders obviously due to the pressing are a lot closer to goal thus many chances are created.

One of the biggest problems of last year wasn't just the defence but how predictable Barca were in possession and how slow the build up's were.

I guarantee that the likes of Bayern and Madrid won't find it as easy to deal with Barca attacks this year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 pm

jibers wrote:Worked for almost every Barcelona game under Guardiola bar the 2-1 home defeat where Barcelona were missing most of their starting 11.
But that is the past. Since then Madrid have been pressing against Barcelona almost every match with favourable results and there is nothing to stop other teams from doing the same. If anything, Madrid players are more athletic than Barcelona therefore it will be easier for them to keep the intensity, and with the arrival of Modrić and Isco they'll be holding the ball better than before. They even showed intense pressing against Guardiola's team when they pressed Barcelona during the Copa del Rey 2011-12, earning a 2-2 draw in Camp Nou in a period where they were used to get thrashed by Barça.

People have been over-hyped by this Lavante match. Let us see a few more games before making conclusions.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:35 pm

This is not just Levante i have seen the same things for 5 games running including pre season.

Has nothing to do with Levante, the key principles of what made Barca good before is back.

Yes Levante is crap..... but when a team presses intensively as that and move the ball at such pace its very difficult to stop it doesn't matter who you are.

Not to mention the attack is clearly less predictable, which is a key point.

The real question is can they keep it up for rest of season in key moments? time will tell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dream departure Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am

danyjr wrote:
Excellent post.
cheers =)

dream departure
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:52 am

Levante isn’t a good side, that was gutted by the loss of a couple of its best players. Everyone who knows Liga at all had them pegged for the drop, so I don’t know why the 7-0 home hammering is such a surprise to anyone. But people are looking for narratives, so that is as good a one as any, I suppose.

Barça did what it was supposed to do: Kick the crap out of a markedly inferior opponent. Story over.

Are there conclusions to be drawn from this match? Yes. Martino is the boss. That Messi sub was immense. Guardiola couldn’t do it, Vilanova couldn’t do it. Martino is like, “We talked, and it makes sense.” He’s absolutely right. This isn’t about Messi’s individual goals and stats. It’s about team accomplishment and rotation, to keep key players fresh. Xavi playing a full match surprised me, I have to say. Maybe he needs work on his fitness.

– Fabregas looked briliant, but always does in the first half. Talk to me after the break about him.

– That chest pass/volley attempt by Sanchez made me giggle, but it was the sign of a player brimming with confidence. Nothing is impossible. Good sign.

– Pedro, freed from the stupidity of tactical width, is back in the play.

– Messi is pressing and defending. This is what I was talking about. Our best ball winner is now part of the first line of defense. That is huge. If this intensity level keeps up, expect more matches to be decided by halftime, as in the Treble season.

– Mascherano was a boss. Not a foot wrong, and the perfect player for a high-pressing system, where his DM roots come to light. Saying this, we will see whether he can cope with the pressure with tougher competition especially with the next few games ahead...

A very good match that was more like a friendly. Few real conclusions can be drawn from it, other than that we have a hell of a football club, which is what I have been saying all along. The SuperCopa matches should be interesting.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Fk that was a pleasure to watch Smile Only the highlights but still, knew the game pretty much, absoultely one sided with everyone hungry, love how manager sayuing he will emphasis pressing again, as well as resting Messi!

I keep thinking Messi looves it so much he plays every game full 90 mins and never gets subbed. That couldnt go on forever and im glad hes getting more rest now, this is great to know the new manager brave to make the right adjustments.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8