Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season?

+44
Kaladin
Art Morte
Nishankly
Blue Barrett
Uncanny
BarcaLearning
VanDeezNuts
archwooohh
chad4401
jibers
The_Badger
Adit
The Franchise
Arsenalfaithfull
stevieg8
CBarca
Gil
Raptorgunner
Valkyrja
aleumdance
ExtremistEnigma
Red Alert
fatman123
futbol
AltoZ
ronalessi
Khaled
DeletedUser#1
Freeza
McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
VendettaRed07
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
Zealous
Firenze
Rebaño Sagrado
M99
S
Mr Nick09
Lex
Onyx
Albiceleste
48 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 22 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 19 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 75

Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season?

Post by Lex Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:51 pm

rofl @ Porridge even being in this discussion, let alone this thread

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will be the top scorer of the Barclays Premier League this season?

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm

You'l be surprised what he could do in a full season without injuries.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:18 pm

aleumdance wrote: sturridge has been in epl since his footie inception

it was Giroud's first season mate..

besides Giroud had complicating issues like UCL qualification, so it affected his play:)
Laughing "he had to play more so he couldn't score as many goals" Laughing that logic :bow:

i'm not saying he's gonna be top scorer, i voted for him on a lark, but i think we all know that if a single rumor popped up of sturridge->arsenal you guys would be on his dick faster than pretty girls on matri. arsenal fans slate everyone until wenger fails to sign them. Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Actually, there's a reason why I call him Porridge and it's not because I think he's sweet. There's also a reason why we didn't go for him when he was available from Chelsea, but that's for a different thread
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 pm

I like sturridge but to say he is better than Giroud is just stupid.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I like sturridge but to say he is better than Giroud is just stupid.
No it isn't. Get over it.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Lex wrote:Actually, there's a reason why I call him Porridge and it's not because I think he's sweet. There's also a reason why we didn't go for him when he was available from Chelsea, but that's for a different thread
Really? I thought it was just because you resorted to childish nicknames to try and get a rise out of people, instead of actually having conversation. But that's just me.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:42 pm

From those posts, it seems like you guys don't even watch PL. ffs Sturridge's ability has been there for all to see for ages. Whenever he's gotten a chance he's shined.

Under AVB at Chelsea for 6 months he was Chelsea's best player when he got regular game time. The 6 months before that he saved Bolton's ass from relegation scoring 8 goals in 12.

For a year before he moved to LFC he was struggling with stupid little injuries and none of the Chelsea managers would put trust into him. Again when he moved to us and someone put faith into him he shone like bright star.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:If he was at chelsea, no one would have trusted him to play CF, so he would have never produced anything good. At Pool, they couldnt do better so they got him. He is their guy, so he is producing for them.
Wrong.

He's better than Ba, Lukaku, Torres etc.

He would have started at CF last season were it not for injuries. Eventually he got fed up of playing second fiddle to scrubs and moved elsewhere.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 pm

It will unfortunately be RVP once again. But I think Arsenal as a team will score the most amount of goals.

Btw there is nothing about sturidge that indicates he will be a top goal scorer.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Yeah Sturridge is a good player, might even be a great player. But you'd have to be a lobotomy patient to sincerely think he has a shot of being the league's top scorer. With RVP, Suarez, Roona[e]y, Aguero (amongst others) vying for position? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:52 pm

He has one of the best goal to minutes ratios in PL history. You're obviously wrong.

Goalscoring, close control, pace, dribbling, touch, vision etc

Lad has it all and in abundance.

Like I previously alluded to earlier the only thing preventing from greatness are those jiggly injuries he keeps picking up. Same problem RVP had.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Lex wrote:Yeah Sturridge is a good player, might even be a great player. But you'd have to be a lobotomy patient to sincerely think he has a shot of being the league's top scorer. With RVP, Suarez, Roona[e]y, Aguero (amongst others) vying for position? Laughing
Rooney will never be top scorer with RVP in the team.

Suarez will be banned for 6 games, he will most definitely pick up more over the season. Unmotivated/disinterested players aren't going to win the golden boot either.

Aguero has to compete for a place in the team with Dzeko and Negrito.

He most definitely has a chance especially if he starts off where he left off last season. 10 in 13 is freaking ridiculous.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Who says Sturridge is going to continue that form?

Plenty of players have done similar and struggled to maintain consistency.

Anyway he's a great player but i really can't see him getting close to the golden boot if i'm honest tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:It will unfortunately be RVP once again. But I think Arsenal as a team will score the most amount of goals.

Btw there is nothing about sturidge that indicates he will be a top goal scorer.
Really? So when he was giving regular game time in PL

2011 (Jan-May) - 8 goals in 12 matches
2011 (August-Dec) - 9 goals in 14 matches (playing as RW)
2012 Never given proper run
2013 (Jan-May) - 10 goals in 14 games

Imagine him playing full 38 games for once in his career. He'll light it up.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who says Sturridge is going to continue that form?

Anyway he's a great player but i really can't see him getting close to the golden boot if i'm honest tbh.
Except that he has maintained consistency for a while now, only injuries have been holding him back at times. He's no six month wonder like Cisse or Jelavic.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who says Sturridge is going to continue that form?

Refer above to my other post
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Never amazes me how Mole says Sturridges form won't continue, yet he uses Araenals form in the same time period to hype them up to be some sort of world beaters Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Sturridge?

Well maybe, he's about as selfish as it gets, he's never seen a chance to shoot he doesnt like.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sturridge?

Well maybe, he's about as selfish as it gets, he's never seen a chance to shoot he doesnt like.
Living in mythology
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Never heard of an unselfish striker.. hmm
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Except that he has maintained consistency for a while now, only injuries have been holding him back at times. He's no six month wonder like Cisse or Jelavic.
Cisse has scored 54 goals in 90 games over his last 4 seasons.

He's no 6 month wonder, he's just struggling due to Pardew's idiocy and i'm certain any striker who isn't a hoofball machine would.

Cisse would score 20+ easy a season under Rodgers.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Never heard of an unselfish striker.. hmm
I have.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Cisse has scored 54 goals in 90 games over his last 4 seasons.

He's no 6 month wonder, he's just struggling due to Pardew's idiocy and i'm certain any striker who isn't a hoofball machine would.

Cisse would score 20+ easy a season under Rodgers.
So you think Cisse could do it under Rodgers but not Sturridge? hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Never amazes me how Mole says Sturridges form won't continue, yet he uses Araenals form in the same time period to hype them up to be some sort of world beaters Laughing
All i said was that if they get 2 or 3 quality players they can challenge, never said they are world beaters.

Not like you to over exaggerate a point though Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Nah Sturridge definitely can but its a proven fact you give Cisse service he scores.

He did it in Bundesliga and he did it in the PL until Pardew changed the style to mean he was isolated and lucky to get more than one chance a game.

In his first 6 months..... Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye were all within 10 yards of him giving him passes.

Now he's lucky if he's got a player within 40 yards of him.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next