RealGunner
Doc
Onyx
92 posters

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

La Liga 2013/14 Discussion Empty La Liga 2013/14 Discussion

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm

10 teams in La Liga have new managers for next season.

Valencia - Miroslav Dukic.

Real Sociedad - Jagoba Arrasate.

Celta Vigo - Luis Enrique.

Levante - Joaquin Caparros.

Malaga - Bernd Schuster.

Real Valladolid - Juan Ignacio Martinez.

Athletic Bilbao - Ernesto Valverde.

Real Madrid - Carlo Ancelotti.

Almeria - Franciso.

Barcelona - Gerardo Martino.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

La Liga 2013/14 Discussion Empty Re: La Liga 2013/14 Discussion

Post by Doc Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Nothing much would change with Levante. After watching Valencia v Milan, I'm certain it's gonna be another yo-yo year for Los Che. Moments of brilliance mixed with sheer nonsense. But the teams I'm really interested in to see how they fair: Real Madrid (duh), La Real and Malaga particularly the latter.

The rest I would watch just for the sake of watching but don't really care what they do honestly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Hopefully Levante can change at least a little. One of the worst footballing sides i have ever seen. But then, it keeps them safe.

I'll update on Real Betis from time to time.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Absolutely terrible to view but it got them in Europe and keeps them in La Liga. Caparros is a practical and astute manager, he probably won't stray too far from their usual style but they do have a good manager to guide them this season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Yea exactly. Their fans are happy with what they do. They will probably stick to it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Didac (Real Betis) will be the best LB in the league next year
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:27 pm

La Liga's not looking too good currently. A lot of players leaving like Negredo, Soldado probably, Navas, Falcao etc.

Plus those teams can't really progress their squads due to not having much money.

Hopefully a team gets a takeover or something to make La Liga more competitive.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm interested to see how Atletico manages with Europe. Despite losing Falcao, I think they have a better squad than last year and will definitely be the best coached and most organized team in the league, but their depth will be strained in Europe.

They were playing B sides in Europa, can't do that anymore.

Malaga has one of the worst squads in the league. Schuster's job is to avoid relegation and maintain the core principles of what Pellegrini has been doing. Hopefully players like Olinga, Juanmi and Portillo shine through this year.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:34 pm

we're *bleep*... if we replace soldado with postiga as is seriously rumoured the only bright spot of the season i can see is if djukic gives a lot of gametime to fede and bernat

[Removed. -25% for profanity]

good thing the entire league is going to shit, sevilla have sold everybody, malaga are back to being a village club, sociedad won't be able to handle two competitions (if they qualify that is)... maybe we'll be able to squeeze a european finish out of it in the end
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Valencia would have lost their collective mind and soul if they think replacing Soldado with Postiga is remotely adequate...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:40 pm

well the penny pinching imbeciles in charge think just that, sadly...

what they don't understand is that the cheapest option isn't always the cheapest long-term... we saved a few hundred thousand on manager's salary when we hired pellegrino, and missed out on 15+ mil by missing the cl as a direct result of it... the worst thing is that salvo was running his mouth about how we're going after a different strategy than llorente but all we're getting is the same shit but with less baldness
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Is it too soon to say La Liga could end up with 3 CL spots?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:44 pm

With Barca and Madrid. La liga will always have 4 CL sports. Not to mention Atletico usually does well in the EL when they are in it. They will probably do decent in the CL as well depending on the group. They are that type of team.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:46 pm

eh... all it takes is for either one of barcelona or madrid to have two bad seasons and the coefficient will die, the other teams aren't doing anything
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Spanish Football League president Javier Tebas:

Many Spanish clubs have had to sell players in order to balance the books, and Tebas feels that although this is a good thing, it’s a shame to see so many players leaving for England and other leagues.

“Seeing players leave is a double-edged sword,” he claimed.

“Clubs need to decrease their debts, and it’s a shame that players have to leave, but it is good news because this is the path we have chosen. Spanish football clubs pay 120 million euros in interest each season, and just think about the players we could have had with that money and how much we could have paid them.

“If we can reduce our debts, in four or five seasons’ time we will have more money to invest in our football. We are on the right track, and the clubs know that.”

The Costa Rican born man also stated that if he were to truly even up the TV rights money, the league would be in danger of losing players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

“It’s not certain that a fairer share of revenue would mean more competition,” added Tebas.

“There are 20 clubs in the league, 12 whose intention it is to avoid relegation, while others aim to get into Europe, and others fight for the league.”

“The clubs that could challenge Real Madrid and Barcelona are fighting to reduce their debts and not sell players. We have to create a more equal share of revenues, but that occurred between 2010 and 2012.

“And we must ask ourselves, if we take away 50 million euros from Barça or Madrid, will we be able to hold onto Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar? Will they be competitive in Europe? Will the star players stay here or move to Paris Saint-Germain? Will we be able to earn the same amount of money, in total? You have to bear in mind that there is a big correlation between those issues.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Deportivo players have refused to go on pre season after the club failed to pay their wages and bonuses. They might get demoted to Segunda b No

we will play a friendly against them in August where all the money collected will go solely to Depor and we won't get a penny. Madrid helping an old foe Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Really worried about rest of the la liga. The gap between Barca/Madrid/Atletico and the rest will be bigger than ever with so many teams losing their players and not being afford to replace them as the money goes straight to debt.

Hopefully Valencia don't buy Postiga to replace Soldado. They should at least spend 10m to get a better replacement. Anyone will be better than Postiga.

Sevilla have done quite well though. Might finish 4th/5th/6th this season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 pm

che wrote:

if we loan out cissokho and play bernat and the stupid *bleep* [removed] at lb all season my hair will grow even more grey than it is currently

mods?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Having watched Sevilla's last three pre-season games, I think they'll be an exciting side this season. Emery seems to be looking to play an attacking game with lots of passing and interchanging and as a consequence of that it looks like they'll be playing with a high-line. That worries me since they aren't the best side defensively, even with the new signings, and I think top four will be beyond them for that reason. At the same time, they should improve on last season's 9th place and finish inside the top seven.

I'm predicting a slow start. Their opening fixtures are tough, they've got to quality for the Europa League and their squad will still be gelling. I'm not sure if Emery knows what his best side is yet, but at the very he has better options now than he did last season. Losing Navas and Negredo is a massive blow quality wise, but the money's been reinvested wisely and the squad has better balance and depth than it did before.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Atletico Madrid managaer Diego Simeone:

“In Spain it is difficult to win the League,” mused Simeone this week.

“It is not realistic that we can fight for the League with Madrid and Barcelona.

“Our idea is to gradually progress and to one day fight for the championship.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm going to give La Liga a miss this season. Good players keep leaving Liga because they know if they're not in the top two they got almost no chance of silverware.

La Liga is ill, the amount of debt most clubs have is staggering and I'm not sure how long it'll take before the whole league collapses.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Having watched Sevilla's last three pre-season games, I think they'll be an exciting side this season. Emery seems to be looking to play an attacking game with lots of passing and interchanging and as a consequence of that it looks like they'll be playing with a high-line. That worries me since they aren't the best side defensively, even with the new signings, and I think top four will be beyond them for that reason. At the same time, they should improve on last season's 9th place and finish inside the top seven.

I'm predicting a slow start. Their opening fixtures are tough, they've got to quality for the Europa League and their squad will still be gelling. I'm not sure if Emery knows what his best side is yet, but at the very he has better options now than he did last season. Losing Navas and Negredo is a massive blow quality wise, but the money's been reinvested wisely and the squad has better balance and depth than it did before.

So who have they bought and we are their vital players now?

As for the league, I hope it doesnt collapse obviously....the top 2 have really pushed each other's level beyond further than the rest than anytime b4. But thinking about it, Mou factor is gone, and we;ve had a few seasons of record breaking, with the changes happening, I cant help but feel the top 2 wont dominate as badly as the last couple of seasons, despite many other teams losing stars to foreign leagues. As always they will find ways to adapt and counter the top 2.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:48 am

They've brought in: Beto (made last season's loan permanent), Nico Pareja (on loan), Daniel Carrico (on loan with option to buy), Marko Marin (on loan), Vitolo, Jairo, Raul Rusescu, Carlos Bacca and Kevin Gameiro.

As far as vital players go, the midfield trio of Medel, Kondogbia and Rakitic is very important to the side, and Gameiro will be counted on to get the goals Negredo would have got.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:55 am

Gameiro already has a hamstring injury. He's out for about 10 days to 2 weeks methinks.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:27 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

They've brought in: Beto (made last season's loan permanent), Nico Pareja (on loan), Daniel Carrico (on loan with option to buy), Marko Marin (on loan), Vitolo, Jairo, Raul Rusescu, Carlos Bacca and Kevin Gameiro.

As far as vital players go, the midfield trio of Medel, Kondogbia and Rakitic is very important to the side, and Gameiro will be counted on to get the goals Negredo would have got.

Thx for that, not easy to keep track this is great info Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next