S
Juveman17
zizzle
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Serie A 13/14 CL Race - Page 3 Empty Re: Serie A 13/14 CL Race

Post by S Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lazio are the team that are vastly underrated.

Agree with that

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:58 pm

To put it in a way we can all understand

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Tbh if Lazio want a top 3 finish they could use half a freshly smoked up crew

They just aint gots what tha f*ck it takes, they struggle up in tha 2nd half of tha season all tha time

They can normally pull off a top 3 spot fo' a cold-ass lil couple months, then they collapse fo' realz. And one or two signings aint goin ta chizzle dis shit.

Plus depth wise up in comparison ta others gunnin fo' tha top 3 they have nothing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm

I am sorry but didn't Milan get more points than Juve in the second half of the season when the team actually started to play well(remember the 10+ players that left?)?
People claiming it's going to be a cake walk for Juve either are blind or lack respect for the other teams that are all improving.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Its more than just the quality on paper.Tactically they are one of the most solid teams in the league.Have a very good coach who i rate very highly infact.

They are a solid team who know how to grind out results but what they've lacked is a consistent goalscorer due to Klose's fitness issues.They're highly dependent on him.

I still think they need one good CB though (Biava is 36).They just fell apart in the last few weeks of the season conceding a lot of cheap goals.(It could be a mental issue too though).

What they need to do is reduce that overdependency on Klose.Still the market isnt closed,anything can happen.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Mole how can you say Lazio are underrated when they completely dropped off in the 2nd half of the season? Their first half momentum, lead by Petkovic was indomitable and were bossing the Europa League, yet then a sudden short circuit resulted in incredibly poor form within Serie A, then transcending onto the EL.

They lack depth and rely on a immensely tactical, but limited approach which is only made to give use of their shortcomings & lack of ability in key areas. In that respect Petkovic has done well yet if Lotito, the grandmaster cheap owner doesn't reinforce, they will be out of their depth with what is an ageing squad.

Jovetic was only Fiorentina's best in the 1st half, yet dropped off disappointingly. Ljajic who was inconsistent in the 1st, became their best attacker within the 2nd and carried them up front with his goals, at times. Fiorentini say it has to do with Jovetic being phased out tactically by Montella yet Ljajic brunted the benefit of it.

Gomez IS needed since Montella deployed the Prandelli system where results are too much creativity up front and not enough finishers. Numerous times within their season you see passing within the box, no one to lead the line, no one to capitalize on chances and loose balls, hence why Montella wanted a targetman/poacher to capitalize on them.

Then they acquired Joaquin, who was *bleep* good with Malaga last year, and a player they needed.
Then there is Josep Ilicic, who Dosto will tell you how good of a TQ he really is.

Rossi you may not like but he is very complete and has shown excellent recovery within Pre-Season, and whether the competition is poor or not, one can be judged on his recovery from his fitness and retention of skill alone. Will take him time to release his inertia, but its definitely an upgrade.

Fiorentina, is even admitted by Milanisti as to how they deserved 3rd spot as a whole.

Also, most of this is opinion based to, as its difficult to judge objectively.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I don't think they have a enough depth compete for the CL Arq but even so when you see about 9 teams mentioned before them its quite clear they are criminally underrated.

If they had more depth they would be in the mix for sure as they are always in the top 3 up till about February when their lack of numbers tell their toll.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Yeah it doesnt change the fact that they are still an underrated team as in nobody mentions them in the discussion yet they somehow find a way to be in the running for the CL spot even if in the end they do not make it.If Roma are thrown into the scheme of things,might as well include Lazio too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:47 pm

nichabr wrote:I am sorry but didn't Milan get more points than Juve in the second half of the season when the team actually started to play well(remember the 10+ players that left?)?
People claiming it's going to be a cake walk for Juve either are blind or lack respect for the other teams that are all improving.

Well you don't get trophies for having a great run of form. Reminds me of the 2011/12 season where we were leading the table after 19 games and some Milan fans were mocking us talking about being 'Winter champions'

Well to return the favour, it really doesn't matter if you were the more consistent team for a few months, fact is Milan flopped completely in the 1st half, and Juve were the best team for the entire season, not just at some points.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Fiorentina are so overrated in this forum its ridiculous. Ill be amazed of its not the same as last year, probably in the same order.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fiorentina are so overrated in this forum its ridiculous.  Ill be amazed of its not the same as last year, probably in the same order.
Fiorentina missing out on CL by 15 minutes then?

I haven't seen anyone saying anything ridiculous hyping up Fiorentina other than that they will be competing for CL spots, which is a valid opinion.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
nichabr wrote:I am sorry but didn't Milan get more points than Juve in the second half of the season when the team actually started to play well(remember the 10+ players that left?)?

Well you don't get trophies for having a great run of form. Reminds me of the 2011/12 season where we were leading the table after 19 games and some Milan fans were mocking us talking about being 'Winter champions'

Well to return the favour, it really doesn't matter if you were the more consistent team for a few months, fact is Milan flopped completely in the 1st half, and Juve were the best team for the entire season, not just at some points.

He's not saying we deserved to be champions last season, he's saying we will fight for the championship THIS season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Yeah by using last seasons period of form as an example

They have a chance to challenge obviously, but of course Juventus are going to be clear favourites. Even though other teams below them have strengthened too, they've all done so by selling key players on

Unlike Juve.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:19 pm

I can see Napoli and Fiorentina making a title grab from us but I expect Milan to finish 3rd again based on their transfer works
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Your comparing a team that wasn't changed much and fell off tremendously when they were doing well to one that basically replaced 10+ players on their roster and were practically a new team depending on a 19-20yr old player to carry them for the first half of the season while the team improved.

But yes Juve were the best last season and deserved to win it and I got no problem saying that but I can say that I don't think Juve are going to find things as easy next season.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:23 pm

not trying to start a flame war but one of the main reasons Milan got so many points from January onwards was because of Penotelli himself. I still remember that Udinese game were they were basically gifted the 3 points in the last few mins of the game :facepalm: . Im sure penalties were a re-accuring theme for milan like it has been for the past 2 seasons. not taking away the achievement of gaining the most points since january and still not winning the scudetto though, great achievement Thumbs up 

None the less that was last season this season i expect Milan to be more of a consistent threat, you have Penotelli ffs, number 1 penalty taker in serie A imo, if not the world, compared to Juve who has Vidal and Pirlo as main PK takers and i remember them two missing a fair few PK's last season for Juve.
Finally a decent midfield for milan with the arrivals of Poli and saponara (who looks great btw) which will improve even more if Honda arrives cause he can be a match winner all by himself. Just needs a decent DM instead of De Jong and theyre set. Only quality depth is needed imo.

Defense is really shoddy though, same in the net, need upgrades and fast.

get rid of all the scrubs like Constant, Traore, Muntari, Robiho ect and replace them with not great players but better than the likes. overall I think Milan will finish second this season, Balo's impact will be too much for the rest of serie A.

Inter are not even worth discussing right now for scudetto or CL places, predict another mid table finish for them.

My top 3 Juve, Milan, Napoli.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 am

Bump.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

The race is over: Juve, Roma, Napoli.

No chance for anyone else.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 am

Yeah I know it's over just thought it'd be fun to go through some posts  Thumbs up 
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:00 am

S wrote:Milan with Penaltelli are a pretty safe bet to finish in CL places.

eco smile

Didn't see much love for Roma.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:44 am

The race is over since November Laughing
rarely I remembered the three places so booked.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 am

The EL places are still up for grabs.  :wub: 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite