A serious question Empty A serious question

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:42 pm

How would you go about improving football in:
1)The middle east
2) The indian subcontinent
3) China
4)oceania

il type abt the middle east(uae in particular) as i have lived there:
A lot of money have been pumped into the football league after it was offically made a pro league. Even so the standards are not improving, stadiums are empty and not many people seem interested in local football.
i think the best way to improve football there would be by:
1) not offering promising huge contracts which lead to them to think they are the best and dont need to do more

2) increase fitness coaching in clubs

3)decrease the cap on foreign players from 3 to 5 or 6

4) and most importantly and probably the most difficult thing would be changing the mentality of the players they jut dont want to leave the country to become better. they are content not fulfilling their potential so as long as they get to live in a huge villa and dive a nice car as well not work hard as you would have to in europe. The clubs are not helpful either by not allowing players to leave at all. Ismael mattar had so much potential, he wanted to leave to but they didnt now there is ahmed khalil once voted best young player of asia he still is only 20 but he needs to leave if he wants to be the very least best asian striker. look at habsi, he has become so much better by playing in the epl, ure he didnt play until this season, but what a season he had. it is really important they get s person to play abroad.

5) qualify and do well in the asia cup

6)qualify for the wc

what do u guys think?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

A serious question Empty Re: A serious question

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Oh man, Middle East and China seems to be the easiest out of the other two.

The Indian Subcontinent are plagued with Cricket fans and Oceania lack infrastructure.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Implement technology to help out referees.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Oh man, Middle East and China seems to be the easiest out of the other two.

The Indian Subcontinent are plagued with Cricket fans and Oceania lack infrastructure.
how do promote football in india? last i heard the indian criket team loves playing football
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 pm

there was talk before that football would prevail over cricket in india but unfortunately that hasnt happened and i dont think itll ever happen because cricket is still very much loved there

also because indians are good at cricket, but they dont have the bodies for football so thats why its more popular among teens and it will remain that way

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:07 pm

there was hope when chetri left for kansas but it didnt work out did it? i think india needs a sachin tendulkar of football he doesnt necessarly have to be indian one with indian orgins would do
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 pm

you could improve it in many ways but mainly they're should be more quality footballing schools and academies ( like the ones in europe ) i think that's the main difference.
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:05 pm

PROMOTION!! If we promoted the Lebanese League more more people would watch...no one has any idea wtf is happening with the league
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:06 pm

HscouserZ wrote:you could improve it in many ways but mainly they're should be more quality footballing schools and academies ( like the ones in europe ) i think that's the main difference.

the UAE is LITTERED with acadamies lol liverpool city united arsenal ac milan

even lebanon has a city and milan academy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 pm

ali8775 wrote:
HscouserZ wrote:you could improve it in many ways but mainly they're should be more quality footballing schools and academies ( like the ones in europe ) i think that's the main difference.

the UAE is LITTERED with acadamies lol liverpool city united arsenal ac milan

even lebanon has a city and milan academy

didn't know about that ... : / and @ the lebanese leauge i once heard that in a lebanese leauge match the electricity went ( while they were playing ) lol Razz
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm

India, to be honest, needs a true Football idealist willing to work his socks off to promote the sport. Till then it will remain the same.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:25 pm

football in the middle east sucks for 1 reason and that is the godly treatement of star players. Once these bastards get their hands on a big contract you start seeing the Adriano like attitude but still they remain favs of the fans and the know-nothing-about-football-rich-mancity-like owners who never ran 2 mins in their lives and thus dont understand how a few kgs of extra weight can make the difference between a great and a good player

/rant
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:32 pm

zizzle wrote:football in the middle east sucks for 1 reason and that is the godly treatement of star players. Once these bastards get their hands on a big contract you start seeing the Adriano like attitude but still they remain favs of the fans and the know-nothing-about-football-rich-mancity-like owners who never ran 2 mins in their lives and thus dont understand how a few kgs of extra weight can make the difference between a great and a good player

/rant

thats true, and btw i kinda get what ur saying there's this guy he's like 17-18 he's like a good dribbler and knows how to do a couple of tricks and people in who know him make him like he's a footballing god which makes him feel full of him self and thinks he doens't need any imporvment...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:48 pm

1. we need people who actually know the sport to govern footballing matters..in other words ,we need to get rid of the politicians who are controlling the state of affairs for football in india..
2.we desperately need to improve the league structure in our country..just a year ago a major sports channel pulled out of broadcasting the league due to low popularity which is embarassing..and recently two corporate companies abandoned their respective clubs which came as a major shock..
3.improved infrastructure and adequate facilities..we seem to have a billion cricket stadiums but we have very few football stadiums and the sad part is most of them are multipurpose stadiums..i want to bring an instance..one stadium in goa is shared by six goan clubs..thats absolutely ridiculous..
4.introduce more foreign coaches in the country..this is something which could prove to be very useful..the enthusiasm for football is very much there
its just we need someone who can instill the right football mentality and the technique into young aspiring footballers..
5.all the clubs in the league should follow the AFC guidelines or in other words should meet the AFC criteria..its a long shot but with the adequate financial support it could be made possible
6.make the most of international tournaments and foreign tours as it will be a learning process afterall..a good showing in a significant tournament could just boost the confidence and belief in the team and would garner much media attention as well..

it'll probably take years to see this being implemented..just gave my suggestions..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:1. we need people who actually know the sport to govern footballing matters..in other words ,we need to get rid of the politicians who are controlling the state of affairs for football in india..
2.we desperately need to improve the league structure in our country..just a year ago a major sports channel pulled out of broadcasting the league due to low popularity which is embarassing..and recently two corporate companies abandoned their respective clubs which came as a major shock..
3.improved infrastructure and adequate facilities..we seem to have a billion cricket stadiums but we have very few football stadiums and the sad part is most of them are multipurpose stadiums..i want to bring an instance..one stadium in goa is shared by six goan clubs..thats absolutely ridiculous..
4.introduce more foreign coaches in the country..this is something which could prove to be very useful..the enthusiasm for football is very much there
its just we need someone who can instill the right football mentality and the technique into young aspiring footballers..
5.all the clubs in the league should follow the AFC guidelines or in other words should meet the AFC criteria..its a long shot but with the adequate financial support it could be made possible
6.make the most of international tournaments and foreign tours as it will be a learning process afterall..a good showing in a significant tournament could just boost the confidence and belief in the team and would garner much media attention as well..

it'll probably take years to see this being implemented..just gave my suggestions..

i think your suggestions are correct, its sad you know how many people turn up to eden gardens(if i am not mistaken) to match football matches yet nothing seems to improve.
they really need to restructure the league, get some foreign coaches and stadiums
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:09 pm

i think your suggestions are correct, its sad you know how many people turn up to eden gardens(if i am not mistaken) to match football matches yet nothing seems to improve.
they really need to restructure the league, get some foreign coaches and stadiums

TBF i think you wont find more passionate sports loving enthusiasts than from kolkata TBH..
i dunno if ur indian but the biggest football rivalry in kolkata i.e east bengal vs mohun bagan would attract around 100,000 people and the people are so passionate about their teams..
the problem is football popularity and growth is just restricted to a few areas in the country..really need to find a way to promote the sport in other parts of the country too..its a huge country u know
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

TBF i think you wont find more passionate sports loving enthusiasts than from kolkata TBH..
i dunno if ur indian but the biggest football rivalry in kolkata i.e east bengal vs mohun bagan would attract around 100,000 people and the people are so passionate about their teams..
the problem is football popularity and growth is just restricted to a few areas in the country..really need to find a way to promote the sport in other parts of the country too..its a huge country u know

i am not indian, but the country never ceases to amaze me, do you think fifa is doing enough there?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:24 pm

theaguia wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

i am not indian, but the country never ceases to amaze me, do you think fifa is doing enough there?

well i dont think FIFA can do much here..we need to sort out the loopholes that exist in the administration..
too much corruption and less attention is destroying the sport in the country..
its just not the case of football ,but many other sports too like hockey..
and as i said its ultimately the perfomance that counts..a good showing in important tournaments would get the deserved media attention and hence sponsors would be willing to lend a helping hand which would be helpful in the long run..that is how it works in india for a non-cricketer..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:04 pm

The national teams MUST tour europe... they will get butt kicked but if they tour they will get to know a lot of stuff and etc.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 am

what abt the other places, i wonder whats goin on there
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:53 am

lol what 'bodies for football? someone needs to explain that for me.. does one need to be an extremely tough physical giant for playing football? and if one needs to be like that you think the land that produced a great khali cant produce 100 more like that? plus if japan and south korea can play such greta football, indians who have a similiar body structure can do the same.. we were a decent side back in the 50s and 60s.. the problem is with the mentality.. cricket is the only sport that plays.. the other sports are just time pass.. you cant make a career out of them.. in fact india'ss best football player in the last decade baichung bhutia was nt even that well known till he appeared on a dance reality show

but the scenario is changing.. a lot of money is being pumped into football thanks to fifa's efforts plus various entrepeneurs hoping to promote football.. they have even decided to start a ipl style football league in india nxt year and this will have money which will encourage local talent to pursue it with more dedication.. its all a matter of time really.. football is one of the most popular sports at grass root level and it has become quite popular in the urban scenario too thanks to the advent of the epl etc.. only a matter of time.. till then the traditional superpowers can enjoy their temporary supremacy Wink
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down