Valkyrja
chad4401
Tomwin Lannister
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cavani Vs Higuain Empty Cavani Vs Higuain

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Not going to add much, debate's been going on in the transfer rumour thread.

All I will say is that this is not about who's better value for money. This is a flat out player comparison.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Cavani Vs Higuain Empty Re: Cavani Vs Higuain

Post by chad4401 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:00 pm

cavani> but higs will put up good numbers as a regular and focal point
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Cavani is better, but I'd still take Higuain over him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Cavani.

ps halafail.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Cavani/Falcao vs Higuain*
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:13 pm

The numbers (league only, per Transfermarkt):
Cavani: 112 in 213
Pipita: 115 in 207

National team:
Cavani: 16 in 53
Pipita: 19 in 33

Now, I won't compare European competition or National Cup competition because they played in different competitions and Italian Cup is a scrubs only competition as was the Spanish Cup for RM until Mourinho came along. However, it is clear Pipita's record in CL is pathetic and Cavani has a very solid or even great Europa League and CL record.

National team is a fair comparison, even though Cavani plays on the right. But that is partly his own fault for not being able to force the manager to play him in his best position (if he was Godlike, he'd play where he'd want), and you have to take in to account Pipita plays with Messi - who destroys top strikers every single year. The supposedly superb Tevez being the prime example for the national team as well.

In conclusion, I'll say Cavani is a bit better due to being able to handle the pressure better, but not by a lot. Higuain in a good team that would back him up as their first choice striker would be just as good in my opinion. Those who don't watch RM regularly and always put him down based on his performance in one competition only (Yes, I am talking about the oversensitive Juve sissy-boys) are missing the big picture. Pipita scores more goals per minute than any other player not named CR or Messi (didn't check it, though, but he has to be top 5).
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Halarious Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Falcao in CL: 4 goals in 8 apps.

I think it took Higuain 4 years to do that Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Only deluded Real Madrid fans are capable of such comparisons.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm

The thing is, most RM fans disagree with Hala

Also for those stats, take out the Apps for Cavani at Palermo who are a terrible side, use his time at Napoli

Also, 3 less NT goals than Higgy despite playing as a WINGER for an inferior nation. Seems great to me.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 pm

In the first two years of his Palermo career,Cavani mostly played outwide.

When Amauri left ,he racked up good numbers and even better numbers the following season.

At Napoli with better service at his peril,he was simply deadly.His numbers at Napoli are just simply amazing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:The thing is, most RM fans disagree with Halarious

Also for those stats, take out the Apps for Cavani at Palermo who are a terrible side, use his time at Napoli

Also, 3 less NT goals than Higgy despite playing as a WINGER for an inferior nation. Seems great to me.

Please refer to him as his real name.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 pm

At the moment people will say Cavani is better and they are correct. but stay till Higz goes to another team then compare.

there is a problem with Real Madrid that some or many players look bad or worse than what they really are.

every player leaves Madrid looks better in his next team and i have no doubt if Higuain leaves he will be a much better striker in peoples opinions. because he will do better.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:32 pm

TBH halamadrid is a way better poster then you.. no offense and it's not just because i think you need a life

Cavani is a bit overrated :lol:the team is built around him and hamsik at napoli.. the numbers don't lie i admit, he is an excellent finisher but really has poor skill with the ball imo

higuain was on his own at madrid competing for benzema with minutes and having an almost career ending injury.. and is more complete then cavani bar headers

Next time don't use fifa 13 to rate players..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:TBH halamadrid is a way better poster then you.. no offense and it's not just because i think you need a life

Cavani is a bit overrated :lol:the team is built around him and hamsik at napoli.. the numbers don't lie i admit, he is an excellent finisher but really has poor skill with the ball imo

higuain was on his own at madrid competing for benzema with minutes and having an almost career ending injury.. and is more complete then cavani bar headers

Who is this aimed at?

And no scoring nearly a goal a game in Italy is an outstanding achievement.

Higuain has to fight for his place? Poor him, clearly coaches don't think he's good enough to hold down a starting spot then.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:The thing is, most RM fans disagree with Hala

Well, Pipita was having to work his ass off all his RM career to even play - he was a sub twice as much as Cavani. Their goal per match are: 0,78 Pipita and 0,6 Cavani (but 0,80 if you take just Napoli). Although you could say that Higuain having to play with CR was actually a disadvantage to his scoring record.

On the national team, you didn't read it well. Cavani has only 3 goals less, but 20 appearances MORE. That's almost twice worse goal per game ratio.

As I said, most of the RM fans don't think he's better than Cavani and I even wanted Cavani as his replacement. But they aren't really miles apart in terms of quality and performance. If Higuain can drop the choker tag in his CL record, you wouldn't be able to separate them.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Cavani is used as a workhorse wide player for his NT, I don't judge wide mids from goals

Look what happened when Uruguay let him play in his position. Goals galore.

And there's another IF. At this moment in time Cavani has definitely been the better player.

Cavani needs no IFS. At Napoli (Let's not forget their team has paled into comparison to Madrids) he's carried them on his back and scored for fun in a league where even the worst teams are adept at closing down spaces and playing Catenaccio. Compared to La Liga where nobody bats an eyelid at a standard 6-0 drubbing of a smaller team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Cavani is used as a workhorse wide player for his NT, I don't judge wide mids from goals

Look what happened when Uruguay let him play in his position. Goals galore.

And there's another IF. At this moment in time Cavani has definitely been the better player.

Cavani needs no IFS. At Napoli (Let's not forget their team has paled into comparison to Madrids) he's carried them on his back and scored for fun in a league where even the worst teams are adept at closing down spaces and playing Catenaccio. Compared to La Liga where nobody bats an eyelid at a standard 6-0 drubbing of a smaller team.

Well, let's apply your logic here then. Higuain is currently unable to hold down a regular spot because of competition with Benzema, the starting player for France's national team. As you said, the coaches don't think he is good enough. Now, Cavani is played out of position because of Diego "I used to be good 5 years ago" Forlan!

And your bias thinking that Serie A is some super great defensive league is ridiculous. The smaller teams there operate on the same level of budget as Spanish teams do, but the Italian league overall is worse. It's not the defending that's better, it's the quality up front that is worse.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:07 pm

I think you'll find that Cavani has been played out wide because forlan just isnt capable of doing so. And budget has nothing to do with it. Its not about the player qualitie its about the system they have been playing with for their entire careers. Typically its focused on starting from the back. As for attacking talent being worse this is true on paper. But most of the leagues attacking talent is split between madrid and Barca. Which teams only have to face twice each. Look at attackers in serie a over the last 2 years.

Di Natale
Ibrahimovic
Cavani
Jovetic
Lavezzi
Miccoli
Klose
Vucinic
Giovinco at Parma. Etc etc.
So small teams might not be facing Messi. But they are facing high quality attackers from a variety of teams. Not just from two or three which makes up about 6 league games worth.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:28 am

well cavani is better imo, but not by that much and definitely not +30m worth.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:19 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:TBH halamadrid is a way better poster then you.. no offense and it's not just because i think you need a life

Who is this aimed at?

And no scoring nearly a goal a game in Italy is an outstanding achievement.

Higuain has to fight for his place? Poor him, clearly coaches don't think he's good enough to hold down a starting spot then.

No matter how good higuain played benz would play as well.. we had a rotation system that hindered both strikers last season..

and it was not aimed at you, it was aimed at abra. sorry for the confusion
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:30 am

No problem I didn't think so I was just curious Laughing

I like Higuain, i'm not trying to diminish how good he actually is. I just think he's in the tier below the likes of Cavani.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:50 am

If these stats are correct:

Cavani: 112 in 213
Pipita: 115 in 207

Then they're pretty much equal. NT can't be compared otherwise wouldn't a lot of players be better than Messi? Also they're moving clubs, not NT teams.

Obviously there's a lot of other factors involved, like Cavani not playing in the CL as much, what league they play, how often etc etc. However based on basic league stats, they're equal.

I think Cavani's hyped more than Higuain, which is why maybe he could be seen as better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 am

MT he was a wide player for Palermo, who are about 30 steps behind Madrid.

Higuain has been surrounded by quality at Madrid, Cavani's Napoli doesn't have the talent RM had, nevermind at Palermo who have been a mid-table side at best with Cavani

He became the player he is today at Napoli. Look at his Napoli stats. I believe his goal/game ratio is in excess of 0.8 despite having less quality around him compared to the Milan of old, Inter of old etc etc.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:08 am

I don't think playing for a lower team and doing well should be a factor in determining whether one striker is better than another. It is possible for lower teams to have a regular goalscorer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum