John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed.

+8
ErPupone
Red Alert
JAY-Z
McLewis
Arquitecto
RedOranje
sukrut23
JuvenelCuore
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed. Empty John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed.

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 am

Riise, 30, joined Roma from Liverpool in 2008, but with his contract due to expire next summer he is now travelling to Fulham for a medical. Reports suggest the fee is in the region of £1.5 million.

Jol, speaking after Fulham's 0-0 Europa League draw with NSI Runavik on Thursday night, said: "He's coming for a medical. If that's okay, we've got ourselves a very good player."

Fulham are seeking a new left-back as Mexico international Carlos Salcido, who joined last summer from PSV Eindhoven, has failed to settle in London.

Riise's brother, Bjorn Helge Riise, has been at Fulham since 2009 but spent time on loan with Sheffield United in the Championship last season.

Who will play there now ? Looks like Roma is taking quite a hit after losing Mexes as well.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed. Empty Re: John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:00 am

Great to have JAR in Prem.

LFC.TV had his best 5 goals on today and what memories of the guy we had. that freekick vs United and that goal at Camp Nou.

April 14th at Anfield, will be his homecoming..hopefully I'll be there

Back to top Go down

John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed. Empty Re: John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed.

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:09 am

Yeah some of his free kicks were real rockets ! Quality player though I hate him for ruining our perfect league record since our return to Serie B with the 90th minute header to put Roma up 2-1.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:08 am

1.5m is a pitiful amount for risse..
i hope the club is hoping to buy a decent left wing back(considering jose angle isint a roman yet) or there is someone to step up..

imo roma should have had risse run out his contract if he wanted to leave.

he has probably played every single match for the last two seasons..

p.s.-- gutted to say the least
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:55 am

Rumour is that Roma is looking at Insua... any substance in those reports?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:24 am

Will.Never.Forget.This.

When he left I threw a tantrum.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 am

RedOranje wrote:Rumour is that Roma is looking at Insua... any substance in those reports?

Nothing concrete yet, but yeah multiple sources have said Sabatini will look to inquire about him as soon as he wraps up our other deals that are in the pipeline.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Thank you Riise for everything you've done for Roma.He was a fan favourite Smile.Good luck all the best.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:27 pm

SHOULD GO BACK TO LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also heard Insua was off to Roma.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Looks as if we're getting 2.6 million euros for him.

I think we're selling him more for financial reasons than anything else. We'll be saving 2.8 million euros from his contract which isn't a small amount for a player of his standing considering that we have to be in line with FFP. Angel will most likely be his replacement (I don't think we're going to go for Insua).

I'm sad to see John leave; a true professional and a great example of sportsmanship. I'll definitely miss his dedication, high work rate and especially his thundering free kicks. Even after making a mistake or two, he never lost my trust as I knew he had the capability of picking himself up and making up for his mistakes. He always took responsibility for his actions. He was one of my favourite defenders before Roma bought him 3 years ago and he has even gained more respect on my part during his stay here. I'll never forget his late winner against Juventus and all his goals at San Siro, I wish him the best of luck with his new club.

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:05 am

ErPupone wrote:Looks as if we're getting 2.6 million euros for him.

I think we're selling him more for financial reasons than anything else. We'll be saving 2.8 million euros from his contract which isn't a small amount for a player of his standing considering that we have to be in line with FFP. Angel will most likely be his replacement (I don't think we're going to go for Insua).

I'm sad to see John leave; a true professional and a great example of sportsmanship. I'll definitely miss his dedication, high work rate and especially his thundering free kicks. Even after making a mistake or two, he never lost my trust as I knew he had the capability of picking himself up and making up for his mistakes. He always took responsibility for his actions. He was one of my favourite defenders before Roma bought him 3 years ago and he has even gained more respect on my part during his stay here. I'll never forget his late winner against Juventus and all his goals at San Siro, I wish him the best of luck with his new club.

Do you think we'll sign a top LB to replace him or do you think we will go for another LB like Angel...Because Insua for me just doesn't cut it ,way to young ..

We could have real problems with the fullbacks next season ...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:54 am

The Fonz wrote:
Do you think we'll sign a top LB to replace him or do you think we will go for another LB like Angel...Because Insua for me just doesn't cut it ,way to young ..

I'm expecting to see Angel and Crescenzi at LB next season. Hopefully Angel does really well or else we'll be in trouble, especially since it'll be Cassetti (and probably Cicinho) on the other side.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:56 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

I'm expecting to see Angel and Crescenzi at LB next season. Hopefully Angel does really well or else we'll be in trouble, especially since it'll be Cassetti (and probably Cicinho) on the other side.

I thought Angel was meant to be the back up...Well now we are rightly fkd if he's our starting LB...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:22 am

No I think Angel is going to start, because Sabatini wants Crescenzi as the back up. Unless he is planning to sell of Rosi and Ciciniho to have Crescenzi as Cassetti's back up to then buy another LB, but Enrique would like to keep Cicinho so that probably won't happen.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:29 am

Friday 8 July, 2011
Riise: Grazie Roma!
John Arne Riise has thanked Roma for his time in the capital ahead of joining his brother at Fulham.

The Norwegian international confirmed he had left Serie A for a return to the Premier League by posting a statement on his Facebook page.

“I have had three wonderful years staying and playing there [in Rome],” he noted.

“This time it’s Fulham standing at the door and I look forward to playing with my little brother Bjorn Helge Riise and my good buddy Brede Hangeland.

“Thanks for all the support in Rome and I wish you all good luck in the coming seasons.”

Fulham boss Martin Jol also confirmed a fee, thought to be €2.6m, had been agreed with Roma.

“He’s coming for a medical. If that’s okay then we've got ourselves a very good player.”

https://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Arne-Riise/162056150531234?sk=wall#!/media/set/?set=a.162562057147310.37580.162056150531234
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:31 am

All the best John ... Sad
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:18 am

gutted to say the least
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Well, I have seen him on our national team, and he can do some blunders, like he did for Roma last season.. I think its good for Roma to get younger quicker players in order to cope with the new Barca/Roma-style.

He said in a Norwegian interview that the Roma fans sing higher than the Liverpool fans - just something I didnt know. Great passionate fans indeed!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Eivindo wrote:Well, I have seen him on our national team, and he can do some blunders, like he did for Roma last season.. I think its good for Roma to get younger quicker players in order to cope with the new Barca/Roma-style.

He said in a Norwegian interview that the Roma fans sing higher than the Liverpool fans - just something I didnt know. Great passionate fans indeed!

Admittedly he can make some blunders, but I personally feel that some other departments of the squad should've been improved first (e.g. getting a good right back and a central midfielder). He could have been useful this season, he would have the stamina to play a high tempo game as we're more comfortable doing.

And yes, yes we are lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:31 pm

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

I thought Angel was meant to be the back up...Well now we are rightly fkd if he's our starting LB...

There's a spanish lb available and he has the same name as your coach Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Let me guess ...You want Menez for him ? Wink

BTW great sig man... :lol!:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 pm

The Fonz wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Let me guess ...You want Menez for him ? Wink

BTW great sig man... :lol!:

I am not fussed i just want to get rid before his contract runs out Cool ( Menez would be great tho Very Happy )

I know it's great is'nt it Afro
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:38 pm

UPDATE: Riise signs a three-year deal with Fulham for an undisclosed fee.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

John Arne Riise to Fulham - Nearly Completed. Empty John Arne Riise Signs a Three-Year Deal with Fulham FC

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 pm

John Arne Riise has completed his move from Roma to Fulham for an undisclosed fee, signing a three-year contract at Craven Cottage.

The former Liverpool defender joins international team-mate Brede Hangeland at the Cottagers, as well as brother Bjorn Helge Riise, who he says spoke highly of the club to him.

Fulham's new signing told the club's official website: "I’m delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham this morning and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League once again.

"Fulham is a club that I have been following as my brother, Bjorn plays here and he speaks very highly of the club and the staff. Obviously I also played against the club in the Europa league group stage when they went on to reach the final of the competition.

"I know that the club is ambitious, and continues to make good progress each year, under the guidance of the chairman Mohamed Al Fayed. I am looking forward to working with Martin Jol and the rest of the squad when I report to training next week."

Riise becomes manager Martin Jol’s second signing since taking charge of the London club, and he is sure the Norwegian will be a success at Craven Cottage.

"John Arne Riise is an experienced international left-back who will bring a number of qualities to our squad and provide more options for me," he said.

"He is used to performing at the very highest level for both club and country, and is an accomplished player defensively, who can also contribute to our attacking play.

"I am extremely happy that we’ve been able to add him to our squad, and believe that he will prove a valuable addition as we progress."

Who will Roma now replace him with ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:42 pm

We have been linked with Jose Angel of Sporting Gjon for a while now, and it seems the deal is all but completed and should be announced by DiBenedetto on Thursday.

In saying that, I'm not sure what their plan is with the position, if they expect Jose Angel to fill Riise's shoes...Again, this is another player I'm not familiar with much like Lamela but going from Stat's alone he looks to be a bit inexperienced... Maybe they expect big things from one of our primavera prospects this year (Crescenzi).

Clichy was tracked before signing with Man City...There has been rumblings of Roma after Balzaretti (Which would be ideal), but yeah, im not sure. Most likely Sabatini and Enrique will find some player in the third division of the bosnian league to fill Riise's role.

This season will either be epic success, or epic failure...In my opinion Sabatini has made a few risky expensive transfers.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next