schrutebucks
free_cat
EL Patron
Toffer Harley
huntsman
40 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your opinion on André Schürrle - Page 2 Empty Re: Your opinion on André Schürrle

Post by julias Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Just because he cuts in and shoots and is direct it does not make him like Robben lool

Robben was and to some extent still is a flying winger who would twist full backs inside out by darting in and then at will and at pace, dribbling aggressively.

From Schürrle I just see someone who likes to cut in and hit top bins from the edge

I see little resemblance with Robben

julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on André Schürrle - Page 2 Empty Re: Your opinion on André Schürrle

Post by Toffer Harley Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:15 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I don't understand how Schürrle is anything like Robben tbh...

typical german right there. jesus christ, they might not be exactly coincident but they share a bulk of similar characteristics. everyone who denies that is simply bein a smartass (and failing at it)

julias wrote:Just because he cuts in and shoots and is direct it does not make him like Robben lool

Robben was and to some extent still is a flying winger who would twist full backs inside out by darting in and then at will and at pace, dribbling aggressively.

From Schürrle I just see someone who likes to cut in and hit top bins from the edge

alright so basically you described robben in somewhat twisted fashion and confirmed that schürrle does a couple of things just like him. so what makes him different in your opinion (and especially: more multi-dimensional than robben - based on evidence)? please elaborate..
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 am

Only similarities is that they score goals in a very similar manner but Robben is more technical and much more well rounded.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:07 am

Toffer Harley wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:I don't understand how Schürrle is anything like Robben tbh...

typical german right there. jesus christ, they might not be exactly coincident but they share a bulk of similar characteristics. everyone who denies that is simply bein a smartass (and failing at it)

julias wrote:Just because he cuts in and shoots and is direct it does not make him like Robben lool

alright so basically you described robben in somewhat twisted fashion and confirmed that schürrle does a couple of things just like him. so what makes him different in your opinion (and especially: more multi-dimensional than robben - based on evidence)? please elaborate..

So because he cuts in and shoots that makes him the right footed Robben as people keep saying....riiiight
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 am

I really don't care... As long as Kruse moves to Leverkusen and gets game time I'm all right...
Aussie pride Proud
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:36 am

Look, comparing him to Robben is actually a compliment. That alone guarantees him a starting spot. Let's not forget that Robben matured by the age of 28. He used to be injury prone; a player made of glass.

i am actually satisfied with André Schürrle. You get the talented ones who are under-dogs and give them a reason to strive for.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:41 am

The German Stewart Downing

:coffee:
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:30 am

Your opinion on André Schürrle - Page 2 Schurrle_1741052a

ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:43 am

Look, comparing him to Downing is actually a compliment. That alone guarantees him a starting spot. Let's not forget that Downing matured by the age of 28.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:52 am

Toffer Harley wrote:typical german right there. jesus christ, they might not be exactly coincident but they share a bulk of similar characteristics. everyone who denies that is simply bein a smartass (and failing at it)

Wha...?

So all players who get played on the wing are basically the same, and anyone who doesn't think so is being a smartass?

Robben is an inverted winger, he tends to stay close to the lines, preferring to dribble at the very edge of the pitch until he cuts inside. He beats players with pace, but also tends to dribble past them.

Schürrle is a fromer striker turned winger, he tends to operate more centrally, and if presented with a direct challenger, usually passes, instead of dribbling him. He uses his pace to exploit space, he doesn't really creat space. He tends to drift inward early and fire from central positions, is strong in the air, and relies more on instincts and pace than technique.

I get that they overlap in many aspects, as do almost all forwards, but besides being pacey and often playing on the wing, what do they really have in common? That they shoot a lot? All forwards with a decent long shot do that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:56 pm

julias wrote:
So because he cuts in and shoots that makes him the right footed Robben as people keep saying....riiiight

ok, as expected you can't elaborate on that so u have to take refuge in the same dumb presumption like the people before you. just another youtube warrior, now on to someone who usually knows what he is talkin about..

VivaStPauli wrote:
Wha...?

So all players who get played on the wing are basically the same, and anyone who doesn't think so is being a smartass?

nope, no idea what that has to do with wingers in general. i talked about schürrle and robben. don't get me started on the different kinds of wingers you can have. just go through it in your head and then tell me again that schürrle isn't anything like robben. i never said he is a carbon copy, but you initially claimed they don't have anything in common.

VivaStPauli wrote:
Robben is an inverted winger, he tends to stay close to the lines, preferring to dribble at the very edge of the pitch until he cuts inside. He beats players with pace, but also tends to dribble past them.

Schürrle is a fromer striker turned winger, he tends to operate more centrally, and if presented with a direct challenger, usually passes, instead of dribbling him. He uses his pace to exploit space, he doesn't really creat space. He tends to drift inward early and fire from central positions, is strong in the air, and relies more on instincts and pace than technique.

I get that they overlap in many aspects, as do almost all forwards, but besides being pacey and often playing on the wing, what do they really have in common? That they shoot a lot? All forwards with a decent long shot do that.

i dunno what andre schürrle you've been watching but certainly not the dude that gets held up by his marker a zillion times per match. it doesn't matter what he was before or what he or his coach try to turn himself into, he remains strictly one-dimensional as of now and he provokes a lot of 1on1s just like löw likes to point it out. the fact that he mostly operates centrally is simply due to the fact that he was played there all the time this season, but his winger roots are too distinctive to deny.

don't paint him like the playmaker in disguise that moves between the lines. he might try to do that, but he's not great at it at all. even when deployed an SS, schürrle's influence on leverkusen's overall game is marginal and there are still countless people who do these things much better than him. so his pushing around of the ball may make him a wannabe-ribery then, but i'll stick with poor man's robben.

partly, he is a poor man's robben cauz he obviously tries to beat his marker in similar fashion to him - but fails more often at it. where the running stops and the dribbling starts is hard to define here so let's not get caught up in technicalities. i agree though that he doesn't always do it as forcefully as robben and often lures for an opening inward already in the middle of the pitch. but once the momentum is gone and he doesn't know what to do with the ball he will run into the next best person and lose it. similarly to robben he has problems adapting to varying speeds in a game. his shot, that is not halfway as reliable as robben's but remains one of schürrle's main competitive advantages, was already talked about..

so while i might do injustice to schürrle's individual character and gave him an unfair comparison, based on what we've seen so far there is no shame in calling him a poor man's robben in a blunt statement. there is a difference between what you want to be and what you are.

Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Talent alone guarantees nothing. It has to be accompanied by discipline and will.

Robben will go down as a very average player who once had the talent / potential to become something only something else was missing which changed everything.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
julias wrote:

ok, as expected you can't elaborate on that so u have to take refuge in the same dumb presumption like the people before you. just another youtube warrior, now on to someone who usually knows what he is talkin about..

VivaStPauli wrote:
Wha...?

nope, no idea what that has to do with wingers in general. i talked about schürrle and robben. don't get me started on the different kinds of wingers you can have. just go through it in your head and then tell me again that schürrle isn't anything like robben. i never said he is a carbon copy, but you initially claimed they don't have anything in common.

VivaStPauli wrote:

i dunno what andre schürrle you've been watching but certainly not the dude that gets held up by his marker a zillion times per match. it doesn't matter what he was before or what he or his coach try to turn himself into, he remains strictly one-dimensional as of now and he provokes a lot of 1on1s just like löw likes to point it out. the fact that he mostly operates centrally is simply due to the fact that he was played there all the time this season, but his winger roots are too distinctive to deny.

don't paint him like the playmaker in disguise that moves between the lines. he might try to do that, but he's not great at it at all. even when deployed an SS, schürrle's influence on leverkusen's overall game is marginal and there are still countless people who do these things much better than him. so his pushing around of the ball may make him a wannabe-ribery then, but i'll stick with poor man's robben.

partly, he is a poor man's robben cauz he obviously tries to beat his marker in similar fashion to him - but fails more often at it. where the running stops and the dribbling starts is hard to define here so let's not get caught up in technicalities. i agree though that he doesn't always do it as forcefully as robben and often lures for an opening inward already in the middle of the pitch. but once the momentum is gone and he doesn't know what to do with the ball he will run into the next best person and lose it. similarly to robben he has problems adapting to varying speeds in a game. his shot, that is not halfway as reliable as robben's but remains one of schürrle's main competitive advantages, was already talked about..

so while i might do injustice to schürrle's individual character and gave him an unfair comparison, based on what we've seen so far there is no shame in calling him a poor man's robben in a blunt statement. there is a difference between what you want to be and what you are.

Lool yep hole in one Very Happy

i like the way you ass licked viva before making your argument lol tool
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 pm

julias wrote:
Lool yep hole in one Very Happy

i like the way you ass licked viva before making your argument lol tool

i'm glad i made u happy! now you can take your meds and go back to licking windows.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Since when is Arjen Robben average?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 pm

He looks pretty sh*te.

Another German flop in England? hmm
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm

He's not exactly receiving loads of service atm.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 pm

The German dirk kuyt, runs all day with no threat or end product
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 pm

the german robben not killing it?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Lool right footed Robben
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Very harsh on Schuerrle, lads...

He's not a false 9 and shouldn't be played like one like he was today. He'll have better games than this. Still a fan, if I'm honest.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 am

Yeah, so we bought him, why?

I don't think any Chelsea fan is happy with his transfer tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 am

But Mourinho still prefers him to Mata. :facepalm: 
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 am

Mata isn't fit ffs. He'll start once he's at full fitness.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Funnily Mata was fit enough to start vs Villa a week ago Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Funnily Mata was fit enough to start vs Villa a week ago Laughing
If you actually watched how shit he played in that match, you'll know he was still with the injury. But no, jokes >>> facts.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next