Pep guardiola: terrible in the transfer window...

+10
The Franchise
Kamikaze692
VivaStPauli
Kick
Lex
kiranr
free_cat
The Sanchez
rwo power
michaelnana
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pep guardiola: terrible in the transfer window... - Page 2 Empty Re: Pep guardiola: terrible in the transfer window...

Post by The Sanchez Sat May 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Well said CSpurs

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pep guardiola: terrible in the transfer window... - Page 2 Empty Re: Pep guardiola: terrible in the transfer window...

Post by Red Alert Sun May 26, 2013 7:25 am

Not really his strong point, is it?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun May 26, 2013 7:37 am

CBarca wrote:People give the manager way too much credit in the process transfer. For example, I'm almost certain that out of the...I want to say 7 or so...players that Spurs bought last summer and last winter, I'd argue probably only Holtby and maybe Dembele were targets of AVB. And Dembele is arguable and really only as a back up due to the failure to capture Moutinho. AVB was fixated on Moutinho, Damiao, Willian, and Hulk as transfer targets. He got none of those and instead got Dempsey, Dembele, Sigurdsson etc.

Most of the signings were Levy deals I'm sure.

You guys act like Pep was the sole voice of reason in these transfers...that's far from the truth.

If you don't believe me, someone please explain to my as to why the f*ck Pep would sign Keirrison. K9 was an investment from Rosell who has a lot of contact in Brazil, hoping he would sign him, loan him out, see him score a bunch of goals, and then sell him on a profit. There is a reason he never played a game for Barca. Why would Pep sign a young, unproven, pretty mediocre poacher, classic #9 from the Brazilian league?

Now on the flipside, there are transfers like Chygrinksy which very much were Pep signings. That one had Pep written all over it, and yes, he flopped, and yes, Pep has to take blame for that.

Now the point here is, these are two extreme cases during Pep's reign- polar opposites. The reality of the situation is not in these extreme cases, but somewhere in the middle. As Dani put it, it's a coordinated effort between several people. Usually not just the coach, and usually not just the chairman or sporting director. There is a balance and coordination to all of it, and people giving Pep the lions share of the blame for all of these transfers is as bad as it would be blaming Rosell. Blame the flops on Barca as an institution on a whole, not on any one person.
Yeah.. everyone is not gonna get what he wants. Besides, all of those guys (except Damiao) went for a combined fee of €120m. That was never gonna happen. Those were also clearly unrealistic targets. Next thing you'll say AVB wanted Neymar but didn't get him.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2