djfawnz
RealGunner
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
115 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Dude, there are more NT games and competitions nowadays than ever in history. The opposite of fading. The EL of internationals was just invented a few years ago. At no point in football's history NT were the center of the game: the sport was first organized locally in clubs and clubs will continue to maintain it. These are facts.

And finally, my opinion is that NT football sucks and should be reduced to the minimal expression like in basketball.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by lszanto Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:17 pm

free_cat wrote:Dude, there are more NT games and competitions nowadays than ever in history. The opposite of fading. The EL of internationals was just invented a few years ago. These are facts.

And finally, my opinion is that NT football sucks and should be reduced to the minimal expression like in basketball.

GET RID OF THE WORLD CUP, IT SUCKS.

WHO WANTS THE BIGGEST SPORTING EVENT IN THE WORLD HAPPENING ANYWAYS.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 pm

free_cat wrote:Dude, there are more NT games and competitions nowadays than ever in history. The opposite of fading. The EL of internationals was just invented a few years ago. These are facts.

Yeah but the huge number of intl competitions also has to do with the numerous U- tournaments, while i was referring to just the senior sides. I really dont follow the hundreds of U-20 competitions that go on every 2 months either. I was also talking about actual competitions, not just occasional friendlies. Aside from tuning up a squad for an upcoming competition, those can be a bit pointless.

And I know the CC is a relatively new tournament, I'm not saying otherwise. Still, it looks like its here to stay. Anyways, will you guys still watch it this year, or go out of your way to avoid it?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:35 pm

lszanto wrote:

Yeah, cause that's what I said.

Get rid of friendlies, most of qualifications and confederation cup.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 pm

1 thing for sure is italy will sure as hell not win this... they never turn up for half events. and if they go out it will probably be to a lesser oponent or they will draw to much and leave the last important game in the balance and hope to scrape through with minimal effort....

brazil to win it again
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm

free_cat wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Yeah, cause that's what I said.

Get rid of friendlies, most of qualifications and confederation cup.

So lets remove all the opportunities teams have to bond and gel together, resulting in internationals being even worse than they currently are?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:46 am

It would be best for Brasil to flop this - and flop it HARD. That way they would get rid of the unreasonable expectations on this squad.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:34 am

Bénin wrote:
biggiejay wrote:Fernando should be no more near the selecao never mind the starting 11. One of Hernanes or Paulinho should start but I prefer Hernanes alongside Luiz Gustavo

Hi mate , what about the shaktar mid ? Fernandinho ?

is there any chance for Coutinho to be at the WC or no chance ( assuming his next year would be like the flash he showed towars the end of this season )?

Fernandinho did well when he was picked by Mano Menezes! With his move to Man City he should have more exposure and who knows he can still make the team because Felipao has a few open spots left. Coutinho definitely has a chance of making it, for me he's better than Jadson. If he keeps up his form next season I don't see why Felipao can't give him a chance.
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It would be best for Brasil to flop this - and flop it HARD. That way they would get rid of the unreasonable expectations on this squad.
i disagree,we should give 120% on this so the fans will back the team up in the WC.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 am

You might flop hard even giving 120% Wink
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:10 am

I too like Barca 2011 don't understand the hate for this competition, I'd understand if there was something more important going on this summer but realistically there isn't..
I rather watch national teams battle it out then watch Barca play their third string against some random asian club in a friendly.

Do many people dislike it because their country isn't playing?? I don't see the reasoning.
if you hate national teams playing football against each other then stick to club football and we'll see you come August.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 am

Why are some complaining about football that we can watch in the off season Smile

Maybe Im a bit biased, but to be able to watch the likes or Spain and Brazil during the off season provides much entertainment and anticipation.

The NTs all take it seriously and it is a proper tournament with a trophy, much like the Olympics if not more I think, since the best players can called up for it.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

Yeah, I'll take all the football I can get, as long as none of my favorite players get injured for the season that matters :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 am

Seriously. I know it's not the cup to end all cups but I sure don't see the harm. And this year we have 4 of the world's best teams in it, as usual.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:54 am

I'm with Ganso. Flopping hard will make things worse.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:32 am

As far as predictions go (It's nearing that time), Brazil will top their group and play 2nd place Uruguay while Spain will top their group to face 2nd place Italy.

We'll finally get the Spain Vs. Brazil match which is always about to happen but never does, and my money's on Spain. But that's just how it should go down on paper. With Japan and more so Mexico, Group A looks tough and full of surprises.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:28 pm

It's not a prestigious tournament but that's not what matters. What matters is that the teams will be giving 100% to win, and the matches will be intense. They are not friendlies after all.

The 23-man squads have been named for all the teams. You can check out every squad here:

http://eurofootballweb.com/full-squad-list-with-pictures-confederations-cup-2013/

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:14 am

barca 2011 wrote:As far as predictions go (It's nearing that time), Brazil will top their group and play 2nd place Uruguay while Spain will top their group to face 2nd place Italy.

We'll finally get the Spain Vs. Brazil match which is always about to happen but never does, and my money's on Spain. But that's just how it should go down on paper. With Japan and more so Mexico, Group A looks tough and full of surprises.

Can someone post the groups so we can make our predictions? Yes, I'm being that lazy :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Starts tomorrow bounce

Brazil vs Japan
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Saturday is Brazil-Japan
Sunday is Mexico-Italy and Spain-Uruguay

Anyone care to do a prediction of the formations?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:30 pm

I just want to see Spain - Brazil. That fixture like never happens.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Japan gonna take it all.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:42 am

futbol wrote:I just want to see Spain - Brazil. That fixture like never happens.

Same here. Tiki Taka gonna get massacred by Samba :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:33 pm

I think this will end up being a repeat of the Euro's with a Spain/Italy final, but with the shorter format Italy will pip Spain this time.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Mr_Puyol wrote:Japan gonna take it all.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Mr_Puyol wrote:Japan gonna take it all.

Bitch please, Tahiti got this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next