McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by rwo power Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 pm

*nod* Although in that case you would probably have to pick a replacement that wouldn't want first team action right from the start. Both Zieler and ter Stegen are German internationals and I bet they'd be wary to transfer to a club where they'd be benched and thus possibly endanger their chances for the German NT, especially with the World Cup around the corner.

I guess it would really be the best then to try and keep Pepe Reina for the next year.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm

exactly, that is why i have never mentioned aboout GK, while these talented keepers in our country will always want to be starters. But no doubt new crop of German keepers are among the best ones in Europe.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu May 09, 2013 5:44 pm

@RO, yeah Draxler will be costly and forgot about his contract extension, so he wont leave. But I think Capoue will surely prefer to play for us instead of a struggling club in French league. But I guess teams like Arsenal will also be looking for him

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Have a feeling Reina is off to Barcelona. They always go for players from their academy and Valdes is on the way out. I think he'll want to move back to Spain if they do come for him too.

And considering his form in the past three years or so, I can see us letting him go if the price is right.

This is a new era for us. We have a young and talented list. We need to stop buying teenagers and buy players that are 22-26 that can bring experience and have a say in the dressing room and on top of that improve the side. This will only help the younger players in Sterling etc develop mentally. Talent at the end of the day isn't enough. And we only have three "leaders" at the club in Gerrard, Lucas, Suarez and Agger. (Enrique, GJ, Sturridge and Skrtel etc aren't leaders. They're experienced players at a mature age. (Although Daniel isn't that experienced - he knows what it mean to be at a club that fights for trophies etc.)

We need to go out and sign leaders - not squad players. Ashley Williams and De Vrij aren't good enough to improve us. We need someone like Sakho - he has the quality to improve the first team and on top of that he has attributes that make him a leader which helps tremendously. With Carlo leaving PSG, I can't see Sakho leaving. But we need a "leader type" CB and Williams is not that.

We didn't just lose quality when we replaced the likes of Sami, Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, etc; we lost the whole culture in the dressing room. And not only did we replace them with average players, but we replaced them with players that don't add any sort of experience to the younger players. The only players that can prove to be a success under Commolli / Kenny's second reign are Suarez, Henderson, Bellers (who's gone) and Enrique.

So yeah, we need to go out and sign strong mentally type players.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri May 10, 2013 3:00 am

First of all for my clarity i just would like to know has there been anything said from Pepe Reina camp about him wanting to leave??

Secondly have been out of touch for a while but still think there haven't been any solid rumors regarding LFC. Only the usual every transfer LFC rumors like Eriksen & Tello surfacing. Williams rumors have died down too. Alderwield (not sure about the spelling) was rumored to be off to another club most likely Roma . It has been said repeatedly by BR & once by Gerrard that we might go for another striker; nothing on that yet. . . Things have boobed down i feel.

You guys heard anything interesting?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 10, 2013 4:22 am

main man Fahim :bow: missed your posts in the past week or so. Been busy elsewhere?

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:main man Fahim :bow: missed your posts in the past week or so. Been busy elsewhere?

10-12hrs of Office is just kicking the shit out of me!!!

But tried to stay in touch with the news & all . . . . but nothing in the usual Rumors mills to get excited about you heard anything??
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Fahim89 wrote:First of all for my clarity i just would like to know has there been anything said from Pepe Reina camp about him wanting to leave??

You guys heard anything interesting?
No. The only comments Reina has made have been ones that state he's happy at the club and has no personal issues with Rodgers, despite earlier reports.

From today:
Rodgers said: "It's that silly season now that starts up all the rumours and whatnot but Pepe's not for sale.

"He's got three years left on his contract here, he's happy and obviously there's speculation but it's not worth commenting on."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri May 10, 2013 4:10 pm

RedOranje wrote:

From today:
Rodgers said: "It's that silly season now that starts up all the rumours and whatnot but Pepe's not for sale.

"He's got three years left on his contract here, he's happy and obviously there's speculation but it's not worth commenting on."

Yea read that. . . & it does give some clarity about the situation BR is not looking to sale.

Also in this interview he again reinstates that we need additions & effective reinforcements to our squad. Also in another interview BR mentioned that we would be looking into getting our business done early this summer like in Winter.

The only solid transfer news is that WHUFC want Carroll . . rest have to be seen & interesting what we do the money we get can't see us getting more then 12-15m pounds. . .

In a recent interview Alderwield was quoted as saying LFC might be a team he would be interested in . . . Now lets wait & see.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Alderweireld:

"Of course I also want a new challenge", he told Dutch magazine NUsport.

"I am 24 years old and I have played about 20 international games.

"Am I afraid to end up at a top club? I’m very selective.

"I would not go to Manchester City, because I know they have Kompany there, who always plays.

"On the other hand, many clubs would not pay for me and then use me as a 19th man I think.

"I don’t want to spread rumours around the world, but for example Liverpool have the potential to go to the top."

But Alderweireld also insists he has not made any choice over which side he might sign for yet and concluding a transfer could take some time.

"I do not know yet when I am going to take the decision.

"Vertonghen left late last season, maybe that will also happen to me."

http://www.nusport.nl/eredivisie/3419277/ajax-wil-mij-wel-helpen-bij-transfer.html

No idea of the reliability of the source.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 pm

It kind of indicates he wants LFC more than other teams. And tbh I want him more than all the other names we've been linked with in that position.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri May 10, 2013 9:41 pm

I read that interview too, tbh I wouldt mind him coming. In fact i like him, whatever I have seem him for 2-3 matches while playing for AJAX. He looks rock solid, although he is only 24, he has capability to be what we need after carra retires.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 10, 2013 9:54 pm

IF the quotes are accurate that makes the second time he's mentioned us as a favorable transfer option. It would certainly appear that he's keen on us; question is, is Rodgers keen on him?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 11, 2013 2:33 am

Still don't think he can play as a RCB. Seems a lot better suited on the left. Classy player though. Give it another year or two and he'll reach Vertonghen's level.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 4:15 am

ynwa wrote:Still don't think he can play as a RCB. Seems a lot better suited on the left. Classy player though. Give it another year or two and he'll reach Vertonghen's level.

Are you kidding me? He's played there most of his career. Vertonghen was the LCB until last season and he was RCB. In fact he's also played RB on many occasions. If anything he's more comfortable on the right than on the left.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 4:48 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
ynwa wrote:Still don't think he can play as a RCB. Seems a lot better suited on the left. Classy player though. Give it another year or two and he'll reach Vertonghen's level.

Are you kidding me? He's played there most of his career. Vertonghen was the LCB until last season and he was RCB. In fact he's also played RB on many occasions. If anything he's more comfortable on the right than on the left.

Also forgot to mention that Moisander replaced Vert for Ajax and played the LCB this whole season next to Alderweireld. I don't know where you got the idea that he's more suited on the left. He's not even a lefty for starters disregarding the fact that he doesn't even play the LCB position. (Although I'm sure he can)
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 11:06 am

Rodgers on Skrtel

"It has been difficult for him and I've acknowledged and recognised that," said Rodgers.

"The great professional he is means his focus has been outstanding and he's trained very, very hard every day and has been there when he's been required.

"We made the change a few months back and I think Carragher has arguably been one of the best defenders in the league and Daniel Agger has been fresh and played very well.

"It has been unfortunate for Martin but he has been a loyal member of the squad and is still very much part of my plans here.

"He's happy here, he's not in any rush to leave but players want to play. I haven't had any concerns with Martin at all, his attitude has been first class.

"It is important they know where they stand and he knows where they stand.

"He is very much a part of what we are trying to do here.

"We are trying to build up a group with a winning mentality and he's got a winning mentality. It's just unfortunate he lost his place."

Carragher will retire from football after the two final games of this season against Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

The 35-year-old's experience and leadership qualities have shone through in recent months, as the Reds have lost just once in the league with him in the side.

Rodgers explained how such attributes were key to Carragher's return to the team.

"It wasn't so much through his [Skrtel's] form, it was just I felt we needed more of an organiser and a leader," explained the Northern Irishman.

"You can become a leader but I also think it is something a lot of people are born with.

"Skrtel is certainly a player we want to keep and we have no ideas of selling him. He is an important member of our group."

Seems like he might actually stay cheers We all know that he was sacrificed so that Carra can retire on high and gladly so because Jamie didn't put a foot wrong (disregarding the Zenit mistake). It's good to hear that for some reason.

If we do get Alderweireld somehow, our CB lineup and depth will be one of the best in the league.

Agger, Skrtel, Toby, Kelly, Wisdom (and Coates loaned).[/i]
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Messiah, with that line up, I am already dreaming about our defence being like a strong castle, never falling down in enimies hands. I really hope that carra should join the BR staff so that he can take care of our leaky defence due to which wesuffered quite a few times this season. If LFC cant convince carra to play one more season, at least he should be convinced to be there with us in next season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Carra has already taken a job at Sky Sports I believe as a pundit after retirement. I think the plan is to get his coaching badges before returning as a backroom staff member with us. Maybe a future manager hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm

Sorry but I have to concentrate so much to understand while he speaks Razz I find neville's commentary funny enough already. I will surely wait for both of them commenting on LFCvs man u match

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat May 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Advocaat (PSV's coach) has been shopping Strootman around and mentioned LFC (along with every other top English side) as a good location for him to move to. I personally think he's a better player than both Allen and Henderson currently, and probably has a higher overall potential, but it's not really a position we need to be spending big on at the moment. I'd love him at LFC but there are much more pressing concerns.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 11, 2013 6:19 pm

About Skrtel, I think Rodgers is looking for a CB to partner Agger in defence and leaving Martin as 3rd choice. I don't know how a manager can say it's "unfortunate" that a player has lost their starting place; it's the manager's choice whom he plays, fortune has got very little to do with players losing and gaining places.

Skrtel is one of my favorite players in the team, but unless Rodgers is planning on partnering him regularly with Agger again next season - as I think he should - then I think I wish for a move for Martin to a club where he can be a starting player and continue his beasting performances, because he deserves to be playing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 am

Apparently we have signed sergi canos from barcas academy, Chinese whispers though, been told there just waiting for the window.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun May 12, 2013 4:37 am

mr-r34 wrote:Apparently we have signed sergi canos from barcas academy, Chinese whispers though, been told there just waiting for the window.

Well that's one for the future i guess the guy is just 16 yrs, so not even qualified for the reserves team.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun May 12, 2013 10:48 am

I sort of hope Newcastle get relegated might be easier for us to get Ben Arfa . . that is IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Still plays Coates over him?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry