McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 1:58

LIVERPOOL FC insist they have received no approach from Barcelona for goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

Reports in Spain have suggested that the Catalan giants are confident of securing a 10million euros (£8.4million) swoop for the Spanish shot-stopper on a two-year deal.

Barcelona are understood to want Reina, who is under contract at Anfield until 2016, to replace Victor Valdes this summer.

However, Reds officials insist there has been no contact between the clubs. Boss Brendan Rodgers recently insisted that the 30-year-old was not for sale and would continue as his No 1 next season.

Reina began his career at Barcelona before moving to Villarreal. Since signing for Liverpool in a £6million deal in 2005 he has made 392 appearances.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/05/08/no-barcelona-pepe-reina-approach-say-liverpool-fc-100252-33298514/

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 2:02

“I’m happy here. I still have three years left on my honour and I intend to fulfil them,” Agger said.

“There are always rumours. Who is creating them? I don’t know.

“It’s not a bad thing to be linked with big clubs but you have to take 70% off whatever you hear and then there’s the reality.

“I think we have played some really good football this season but we haven’t been consistent enough. We have to admit that.

“Seventh in the league is far from where we want to be. We need to change something.

“It’s difficult to say how much strengthening the squad needs. But we need to get some more quality in to help us move forward. What we need next season is consistency.”

Agger is confident that Liverpool’s absence from European competition won’t hamper Rodgers’ attempts to land his transfer targets this summer.

“I don’t think that will be a problem,” he said.

“Liverpool is such a big club worldwide. I think and I hope most players worldwide would want to join this club.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/05/08/daniel-agger-calls-for-improvement-at-liverpool-fc-but-says-he-will-stick-around-to-see-the-results-100252-33297997/
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 9 May 2013 - 2:52

Personally, there are no rumors surrounding this, but I know Liverpool have been looking for an American for "marketing" purposes. However, I think they were smart to miss out on Dempsey, because I think they are going to find the right American who will also be a future legend of the club who will fill an actual need of the club.

Ladies and gentleman, when Reina leaves they need to raid Villa for Brad Guzan.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 9 May 2013 - 2:59

If Guiseppe Rossi wasn't considered Judas among the people here, I'm certain he would be a Pool player.

And we still have Marc Pelosi, who I personally rate very highly. Hope he makes it here at the club.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:06

Motogp69 wrote:Personally, there are no rumors surrounding this, but I know Liverpool have been looking for an American for "marketing" purposes. However, I think they were smart to miss out on Dempsey, because I think they are going to find the right American who will also be a future legend of the club who will fill an actual need of the club.

Liverpool aren't currently looking for a keeper... that's what the whole "Reina is not for sale and will be our #1 next season" was all about. Guzan isn't at the level we'll be looking for either, honestly. He's had a great season for Villa but he's not at Howard's level and he's not at a Europa/Champion's League level, which is what we'll be pursuing as returning to the CL is our immediate ambition.

Also, the whole "looking for a player of xxxxxxx nationality" has been overplayed by the media because they know such talk with upset/excite fans, thus selling more papers.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:If Guiseppe Rossi wasn't considered Judas among the people here, I'm certain he would be a Pool player.

And we still have Marc Pelosi, who I personally rate very highly. Hope he makes it here at the club.
The major question mark over Pelosi at the moment is how he returns from injury. Before that he was on track to make his first team debut (likely in a cup) next season, as he'd been added to the Europa squad and was specifically mentioned by one of our academy/U21 coaches as having caught Rodgers' eye.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:08

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:If Guiseppe Rossi wasn't considered Judas among the people here, I'm certain he would be a Pool player.

Rossi is a Judas, and he has rightly had the career of one. There is only one player I hate more and that's Evans for what he did to Stuart Holden (who would of been perfect at Liverpool).

I was really looking forward to Pelosi getting more time with the Europa league squad until he broke his leg. He obviously has the talent to make the first team someday.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:14

You really do not rate our side, do you? While I am also quite a fan of US players neither Guzan nor Holden are (or were before injury) of the level to be starting for LFC. Bradley could, and probably would, start for us but I do not believe any other US midfielders would currently break into our side ahead of Lucas, Gerrard, or Henderson/Allen/Coutinho (I'm considering Dempsey as an attacker rather than a midfielder here).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:19

RedOranje wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:Personally, there are no rumors surrounding this, but I know Liverpool have been looking for an American for "marketing" purposes. However, I think they were smart to miss out on Dempsey, because I think they are going to find the right American who will also be a future legend of the club who will fill an actual need of the club.

Liverpool aren't currently looking for a keeper... that's what the whole "Reina is not for sale and will be our #1 next season" was all about. Guzan isn't at the level we'll be looking for either, honestly. He's had a great season for Villa but he's not at Howard's level and he's not at a Europa/Champion's League level, which is what we'll be pursuing as returning to the CL is our immediate ambition.

Also, the whole "looking for a player of xxxxxxx nationality" has been overplayed by the media because they know such talk with upset/excite fans, thus selling more papers.

The major question mark over Pelosi at the moment is how he returns from injury. Before that he was on track to make his first team debut (likely in a cup) next season, as he'd been added to the Europa squad and was specifically mentioned by one of our academy/U21 coaches as having caught Rodgers' eye.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I think the only reason Guzan isn't the USMNT starting keeper right now is regardless of whether or not Guzan is better you would lose the consistency and leadership of Howard. Until Howard really falls off in quality or he decides to retire from international duty, Guzan isn't going to get the job, even if it becomes utterly obvious. However, in terms of actual talent I think Guzan has long surpassed Howard and has a much higher ceiling for growth, which is saying a lot considering how world class Howard has been over his career.

In terms of Reina, he is long past his prime date and Liverpool would be smart to just let him go under the guise of him going home to Barcelona. How else would you move him without a huge outcry by the faithful?
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:28

The fact that there would still be resistance to letting him go should show that he's not "LONG PAST his prime date." Keepers rarely peak in the 20's and Reina's only just turned thirty. The fact that many who see him play regularly wish to keep him should say a lot about where he is in comparison to where the media likes to suggest he is.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:28

RedOranje wrote:You really do not rate our side, do you? While I am also quite a fan of US players neither Guzan nor Holden are (or were before injury) of the level to be starting for LFC. Bradley could, and probably would, start for us but I do not believe any other US midfielders would currently break into our side ahead of Lucas, Gerrard, or Henderson/Allen/Coutinho (I'm considering Dempsey as an attacker rather than a midfielder here).

Liverpool is my second favorite club in the premier league, so yes, I rate Liverpool.

In regards to Holden, you could be right, but I think he would of done a much better job in the Joe Allen role for Liverpool. This is mere fantasy though, because I'm assuming this is a pre-injury Holden.

I'm assuming you haven't watched a lot of Villa games this season, and haven't been to numerous USMNT training sessions, because you seriously are missing out on how amazing Guzan is and can be. The things he does that Howard can't even dream of is ridiculous. The dude just needed games and confidence. I honestly believe the world will be his oyster should he continue at this rate of growth as a player.

Bradley would be perfect for Liverpool. Still laugh that Villa wouldn't give him a good run...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:31

RedO you don't have any comments on Rossi?? Razz

RedOranje wrote:You really do not rate our side, do you? While I am also quite a fan of US players neither Guzan nor Holden are (or were before injury) of the level to be starting for LFC. Bradley could, and probably would, start for us but I do not believe any other US midfielders would currently break into our side ahead of Lucas, Gerrard, or Henderson/Allen/Coutinho (I'm considering Dempsey as an attacker rather than a midfielder here).

I agree with this. Think only Bradley could possibly be an important player for this LFC side. Even then I don't think he can bench either of Lucas or Gerrard.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:34

The "Allen Role" as you label it is currently filled by Gerrard, and more than ably I might add.

And I have seen quite a few Villa games this season, but thanks for the patronizing attitude there... it really makes me more inclined to accept your points of view. Guzan's been able to pull of some top saves, but he's also made errors just like Reina and does not have the same distribution or leadership skills... something we'll need next season with Carragher's retirement. I find it a bit humorous that you've mentioned Howard keeping Guzan out of the US line-up for exactly those reasons but given them no thought in this situation. I also don't agree with you that he's a superior shot-stopper to Howard... his style is more flamboyant but not more consistent or effective overall.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:35

RedOranje wrote:The fact that there would still be resistance to letting him go should show that he's not "LONG PAST his prime date." Keepers rarely peak in the 20's and Reina's only just turned thirty. The fact that many who see him play regularly wish to keep him should say a lot about where he is in comparison to where the media likes to suggest he is.

Reina is perfect for a regularly 7th place Liverpool side, but if we really want to get to the top he isn't good enough. He has the talent yes, but he doesn't have the consistency needed.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:36

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:RedO you don't have any comments on Rossi?? Razz
No.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I agree with this. Think only Bradley could possibly be an important player for this LFC side. Even then I don't think he can bench either of Lucas or Gerrard.
I would expect him to start in Henderson's place as the runner in a midfield three. It would mean that Coutinho would have to stay a bit wider as Bradley wouldn't be comfortable drifting wide to fill the space vacated by Cou, but it's a change that I think would be made to accommodate a more developed and currently better CM.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:36

Motogp69 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:The fact that there would still be resistance to letting him go should show that he's not "LONG PAST his prime date." Keepers rarely peak in the 20's and Reina's only just turned thirty. The fact that many who see him play regularly wish to keep him should say a lot about where he is in comparison to where the media likes to suggest he is.

Guzan is perfect for a regularly 7th place Liverpool side, but if we really want to get to the top he isn't good enough. He has the talent yes, but he doesn't have the consistency needed.
That's about right, I think.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 9 May 2013 - 3:44

RedOranje wrote:The "Allen Role" as you label it is currently filled by Gerrard, and more than ably I might add.

And I have seen quite a few Villa games this season, but thanks for the patronizing attitude there... it really makes me more inclined to accept your points of view. Guzan's been able to pull of some top saves, but he's also made errors just like Reina and does not have the same distribution or leadership skills... something we'll need next season with Carragher's retirement. I find it a bit humorous that you've mentioned Howard keeping Guzan out of the US line-up for exactly those reasons but given them no thought in this situation. I also don't agree with you that he's a superior shot-stopper to Howard... his style is more flamboyant but not more consistent or effective overall.

Yes, it's filled by Gerrard now, but not at the start of the season when Lucas was still injured and Rodgers was rotating midfielders trying to find some form of consistency and reliability in the midfield.

Howard has kept Guzan out because he was first in line, not due to the comparative quality of the two players. Hard to just step in and displace someone like Howard, dude would slit your throat before he let anyone near his starting job for the USMNT. Not a bad problem to have, we have more quality depth at Goalkeeper than the majority of national teams.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 9 May 2013 - 5:44

Hearing from a good source we have a deal in place with Niki Zimling.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:19

@ Messiah, I am not surprised no one bothered to comment about Patrick Hermann. Only few would have seen him during europa league, where he didnt peform so great. In BL, he has As you said, he hasnt been noticed till now, there are always reports linking him with Borussia Dortmund. He is surely better than Downing Razz but at just 22 now, he will still take time to develop further.

Roman Neustädter can be great DM back up for us, only 25 now and already played in europa league.
Etienne Capoue is also another good option as DM.

Another frrracking hot young talent, which i had mentioned earlier is Draxler, I am sure everyone has seen him when he played at emirates. Just a matter of time before he is snatched up by another big club,

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:33

Draxler just signed a contract extension through 2018 for a club (likely to be) in the CL next season... not really a realistic target.

Capoue as well isn't really realistic given the attention he's received. He'd expect to be a starter, not a back-up/rotation player.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:57

Reading all those thought about US keepers and others - why are people not looking at Germany for one or the other fresh GK? If there is one position where we have ample talent (way more than first team places, to be precise), then it is the GK position....
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:05

Mainly because we don't believe Reina is leaving.

Also because our discussion of potential developments if he DOES leave are based on the reports that have been printed, and those link us primarily (only) with PL-based keepers.

Honestly, were I in charge and Reina leaving (neither happening, IMHO) I'd be looking at Valencia or Germany for potential replacements. But this is the rumour thread, not the desired transfer thread (I suggest one be made, no-one seemed keen on the idea).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:12

Ah, I see. It is just that I saw Liverpool as (questionable) target link for keepers like Marc-André ter Stegen and Ron-Robert Zieler at transfermarkt.de in the rumour mill, albeit the sources were from the winter transfer window.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:19

The only issue I'd have with a signing like that replacing Reina is the age. We're already losing our most influential leader in defense this summer in Carragher. Skrtel seems to need someone alongside him who will give orders and while Agger has been tipped to fill the role he's shown some hesitancy in actually stepping up to fill the void completely. Reina, for his inconsistencies in the past few season, remains a very vocal and commanding figure in our backline, and replacing him with a (very) young, new keeper who may or may not have a solid grasp on English and our tactics come August is a worry for me.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:24

RedOranje wrote:The only issue I'd have with a signing like that replacing Reina is the age. We're already losing our most influential leader in defense this summer in Carragher. Skrtel seems to need someone alongside him who will give orders and while Agger has been tipped to fill the role he's shown some hesitancy in actually stepping up to fill the void completely. Reina, for his inconsistencies in the past few season, remains a very vocal and commanding figure in our backline, and replacing him with a (very) young, new keeper who may or may not have a solid grasp on English and our tactics come August is a worry for me.
Well, Ron-Robert Zieler is fluent in English. He was at the ManUtd academy for several years before he transferred to Hannover to get first team action. But I can understand your wish for a more experienced keeper, although many of the German keepers are already very assured at a young age. E.g. Marc-André ter Stegen was put between the BMG sticks when he had just turned 18 and had zero BL matches. He was the main reason that BMG didn't get relegated that season as he managed to keep his goal tidy for most of the time after he was thrown into the cold water.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:27

I've no doubt of their confidence and general ability. My worry is over their ability to command the players ahead of them. Being both young and new to a club/country/league is not a great combination for generating a commanding aura.

Ideally we'd keep Reina for at least one more season and pick up a younger replacement (if he's really prepared to leave and/or on the downslope) to act as an understudy, or sign one next season after the new CB(s) have had an opportunity to bed into our system and ensure we have some consistency of leadership and continuity of personnel. I want to avoid too much change in the backline in one season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 9 May 2013 - 22:33

*nod* Although in that case you would probably have to pick a replacement that wouldn't want first team action right from the start. Both Zieler and ter Stegen are German internationals and I bet they'd be wary to transfer to a club where they'd be benched and thus possibly endanger their chances for the German NT, especially with the World Cup around the corner.

I guess it would really be the best then to try and keep Pepe Reina for the next year.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next