Bellabong
Kick
Dante
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dishonored Empty Dishonored

Post by Dante Sat 20 Apr 2013, 16:23

Not even one thread for Dishonored ; can't be that i have missed it , right?

Anyway . I just finished the main story line and i am about to begin The Knife of Dunwall soon(dlc). A fascinating game , with a gameplay so well made you can start a new playthrough and experience quite the different plot . Wherever you choose the 'blood path' which results in high chaos or the 'silence path' with low chaos , it is immensely satisfying and above all , it matters .

Corvo's powers , weapons and environment allows for the game to unfold relentlessly to your own liking and will. That's not to say it's easy , especially if one is playing on very hard difficulty , rather it's entirely possible to make whatever you want of the game . You can combine powers , weapons and environment to effectively send a whole area filled with enemies to their demise. And you can do the same to avoid them and go on completely unnoticed.
And of course , you can do both if you choose so.

Something very interesting is that , there's not a single moment from start to finish , that you are actualy forced to either hide or kill. Not one. At every given moment you can pop out and kill every standing enemy or you can bybass them by a dozen different ways , Dishonored requires your imagination to work and your decision to write the plot.

The best way to play this game , for someone who hasn't yet , is to put yourself into Corvo's place. What would you do if these things happened to you ? What would you do with powers in your hand that could make or break the fate of an empire ? And most importantly , how would you take revenge ? With your wits or with your blade? Will it be you who takes the law in his hands , formely a man of the empire and of the law , or will you let mercy and truth decide your foes fate , ever knowing what they did to you , your beloved ones and to your city ?

I saw Corvo as a moral man , yet one who lost himself in that cell , full of wrath and desperation , untill the chance presented itself and he became an assasin ; not caring for justice anymore, but for nemesis. So at the beginning of the story , i imagined Corvo to be stealthy and cautious. After months in prison and so much at stake, he wouldn't risk with force unless he had no other choice. But as he was reaching closer to the end and always getting stronger and full of wrath for all the things that has happened, he used to act all the more agressively and before the end there was none standing.

That's how i imagined it , that's how i played it , that's how it happened and it was a great experience . Now i will try the dlc and see what's new and what not. Has anyone played the dlc yet ? As for those of you who haven't played Dishonored yet , you miss out on a great game. Best of the year in my honest opinion.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Dishonored Empty Re: Dishonored

Post by Kick Sun 21 Apr 2013, 07:14

Its a great game, quite challenging too. I don't own it sadly Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun 21 Apr 2013, 09:50

It's a good game but by no means GotY, especially since it was released more then half a year ago and Journey was easily GotY 2012.

Story is meh and the game itself is too easy and forgiving for a "stealth" game.

It kinda pissed me off by trying to be a stealth game and rewarding you end game for being stealthy/non brutal but playing the game that way is about as fun as putting on shoes. To put it simply look at the options given to you to play the game "actiony" and then take a look at the options you have to play the game stealthily.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 21 Apr 2013, 14:01

I plan on playing it in the near future. I've heard it's not particularly great or that innovative, but it seems like the type of game I'd enjoy. I'm trying to give it some time before jumping in after Bioshock as they look like similar games and I don't want to be critiquing one based on the other. The setting looks interesting.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun 21 Apr 2013, 18:54

Phritz wrote:It's a good game but by no means GotY, especially since it was released more then half a year ago and Journey was easily GotY 2012.

Story is meh and the game itself is too easy and forgiving for a "stealth" game.

It kinda pissed me off by trying to be a stealth game and rewarding you end game for being stealthy/non brutal but playing the game that way is about as fun as putting on shoes. To put it simply look at the options given to you to play the game "actiony" and then take a look at the options you have to play the game stealthily.

Well , the goty it's my opinion mostly..

If you are an experienced gamer(?), then you might have found it easy after a certain point in the game . From an objective point of view , say a casual gamer , if you choose the hardest difficulty , it's not easy. You can't even max out all of the powers/weapons given. So directly or indirectly , you ll play on what you like solely. If your choices make it that easy , can't say how the game is at fault , no ? For instance , if you throw everything on the crossbow plus 1-2 certain powers, you'll become invincible . You have that choice however and it's vital to a good game that a player gets to have choices , i am sure you would agree. From that point of view , one could say it's easy. Try and play without shadow kill and crossbow and you will see a very different outcome..again , this game is what you make of it. How you want it.

As for the stealthy part vs the action one. Your point is valid , since most powers and gadgets are there for action. But you can do all sorts of things with some fantasy thrown in . I think you are demanding in this regard ; whilst the game itself isn't innovative like Firenze said , it's not bad at all using stealth. Stealth doesn't always mean clean hands , but certainly , it's not old Splinter Cell stealth . Stealth in Dishonored is ment to be your temporary ally , untill you can make things happen , not your sole purpose or choice . Having said that , it's entirely possible to finish the game completely unseen and still kill npcs to clear the way. Be it with your blade or devices ,or even other npcs if you know the way , you can.

I guess the story could be better , though the fact you can alter things with your decisions and actions, makes it more bareable.

Easy is debatable i guess , but forgiving ? I wouldn't call Dishonored forgiving. Everything you do changes not only your next step , but the events and storyline eventualy. You are right of course , the actiony way is more fun , but way more fun is to combine both elements . Since the one completes the other and that's what makes this game great. If it is to play solely on stealth or action , it loses some of it's magic sometimes , but it remains a choice i guess.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu 04 Dec 2014, 14:51

Got it's GOTY edition some time ago , too many wins and nominations , big praise and positive reviews by fans and critics alike. If anyone still has yet to play this absolutely fantastic game , you can always check it up on Steam ; 25e GOTY edition , full dlc e.t.c . Definitely recommended . Not sure about consoles but it should be pretty much the same price by now.

Very good game , i had a great time with it. I've always been puzzled how little talk it got here . Can't wait for info on the sequel. It's been heavily rumoured the next one has been under development for a while now and it will be coming some time in the next couple of years. So many possibilities with Dishonored in next gen. One of the things i expect is a fully alive city , i am expecting a massive increase in both world size and npcs .

Depending on what particular setting they decide to go with , i think it would be awesome if they introduced bribing as a legitimate way to reach your goal. Not just that one time in Dishonored which the outcome was very much the same anyway ; but a solid option to get things moving wherever it's possible , with requirements and consequences .

It could be used in a way to reward stealth play ; like if you become notorious or simply invest in chaos it becomes impossible to bribe and you won't be able to use transactions like that , because the antagonists will use their own people in places you need to impact. If you remain stealthy and quiet , you could add to your methods of going unnoticed with bribing , i think it would be a great idea for the sequel.

Like gather info on someone with bribing , or bribe to get access to places , or private meetings . Bribe officials , cops , idk , whatever . I would also like to see open stores and generally speaking , a lively city in which you get to interact a lot and dig up info and items that help you on your journey. Like , once you have bought enough stuff from a store , you then get on friendly terms with the owner , so , you could bribe the owner of a shop to allow you into some back door access , which would grant underground entrance to another building , or simply a rare magic item hidden in there , or just to get his invitation for a private party which otherwise would have been difficult to infiltrate . So many possibilities and 100% lore-friendly and executable in Dishonored.

Another thing Dishonored could pull through , is the use of threats , in certain cases . Sometimes , bribing won't give you what you want. Go Tywin Lannister mode , threaten to kill that npc and if he still doesn't give you what you want , to kill some of his own . See what happens. Maybe they still won't give in and you decide to indeed kill some of his own . And if you threaten someone and don't deliver after being denied , it could have consequences , like rumours spreading out about you and guards actively searching for you , or diminishing your leverage elsewhere . Maybe it could have implications on missions , like increased guards and locked entrances , e.t.c .

I am pretty sure the sequel will go places , can't wait till we get some info about it.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 15 Jun 2015, 12:24

Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized the throne from Empress Emily Kaldwin, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca – a once-dazzling coastal city that holds the key to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the mark of the Outsider and powerful new supernatural abilities, hunt down your enemies and forever alter the fate of the Empire.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 15 Jun 2015, 17:54

I kind of expected it to be about Corvo, about his time visiting the neighboring regions to help Dunwall with the plague (what he was doing before Dishonored 1 basically)

Not that i mind Emily, it just seems that plot is the same as the first one (The queen/heir getting usurped and now your trying to restore the gov. by taking out officials and reinstating Emily?) Many speculated it'd be in Tyvia (the ore you gather 1) what with the old pic being leaked.

Not that bothered though, the core gameplay will be fun as usual.

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 15 Jun 2015, 18:32

Yesss. Dishonored is one of my fav. games. Proud

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 23 Feb 2018, 20:41

Gonna use this thread.

So I finished the chapter without killing anyone. Then in the end where they show you the stats, it says I killed 3 people??? wtf is this shit?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 23 Feb 2018, 21:31

Murderer smh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 23 Feb 2018, 22:57

RealGunner wrote:Gonna use this thread.

So I finished the chapter without killing anyone. Then in the end where they show you the stats, it says I killed 3 people??? wtf is this shit?

Accidental kill most probably. For instance, you maybe used a sleep dart on someone and he fell from the roof. Or while hiding a body dropped it on a table which smashed. Or knocked out someone who then crashed on a door and died.

All of these happened to me over the two games.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 23 Feb 2018, 23:10

oh shit.

So when i threw this guy down the stairs 3 floors down after he was unconscious....he actually died?

oops.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 23 Feb 2018, 23:18

RealGunner wrote:oh shit.

So when i threw this guy down the stairs 3 floors down after he was unconscious....he actually died?

oops.

RG while playing dishonored
Dishonored Brock-lesnar-throws-zach-gowen-down-the-stairs-o

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 23 Feb 2018, 23:19

lmao that is true

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 23 Feb 2018, 23:31

RealGunner wrote:oh shit.

oops.

looool of course he died

If you hover the cursor over a body it says (unconscious) or (dead) next to their name. Good way of checking.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 25 Feb 2018, 12:03

So I was carrying the royal physician back to the boat. Went into an abandoned building since loot. Accidentally dropped him and all the rats ate him within seconds lmao

I wasn't even mad.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 25 Feb 2018, 17:26

100% knew that I was going to get backstabbed

*bleep* non-lethal approach. All of them are getting a bullet in their head ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 25 Feb 2018, 17:56

ffs Proud

Thats what i did as well
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 25 Feb 2018, 21:40

Tbh in the first Dishonored, High Chaos is much more fun to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXmporoFKCk
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 25 Feb 2018, 21:53

yoooo that's insane
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:30

Finished it.

Great game. Can't wait to play the 2nd one

9/10
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 03 Mar 2018, 15:15

RealGunner wrote:Finished it.

9/10

I've been told that the second one is pretty good. Dishonored 2 and Titanfall 2 were two critically acclaimed games of last year that went under most people's radar due to the timing of their release.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 03 Mar 2018, 16:42

RealGunner wrote:Finished it.

9/10

Based on that i think you'll like Prey RG, gave me serious Dishonored ( in terms of level design, not the stealth) and Bioshock vibes even if the combat isn't as good as Bioshock's.

Something to consider if you finish Dishonored 2 and still have time before Souls and want something to play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 03 Mar 2018, 17:14

Yea I have prey so might try that after Dishonored 2.

Dishonored looks like a bitch to platinum ffs. Requires like 3 playthroughs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next