+3
Targus
Juventude
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Vieira: Pogba better than I was Empty Vieira: Pogba better than I was

Post by DeviAngel Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:12

Patrick Vieira has been left impressed by Juventus youngster Paul Pogba. “He’s better than I was at his age…”

Pogba, who has been likened to Vieira, is a 20-year-old midfielder who has been a revelation since leaving Manchester United in the summer.

“I first saw him play as a teenager in a game against Portugal,” Vieira, formerly of Milan, Juventus and Inter, told RMC Sport.

“It didn’t take long to understand that he was destined to become a good player, then I saw him for Juve and knew that he was a very strong one.

“I believe that he is a better player than I was at his age. He has a great shot on him and a good physique for someone who has only just turned 20.

“Only time will tell, but I think he has a great opportunity to have an excellent career.

“He will be the next great midfielder of the French national team. He will learn things very quickly.”

Pogba, who was recently handed his first full international cap by Didier Deschamps, has scored five goals in 24 League games this term.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Vieira: Pogba better than I was Empty Re: Vieira: Pogba better than I was

Post by Juventude Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:43

I see them as very different players and I think the comparisons are not accurate. Pogba is much more involved in the attack than Vieira and he seems to have a cannon for a leg outside the box. Those are not elements that Vieira was known for.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:50

Juventude wrote:I see them as very different players and I think the comparisons are not accurate. Pogba is much more involved in the attack than Vieira and he seems to have a cannon for a leg outside the box. Those are not elements that Vieira was known for.

you are right
but people shouldnt start overrating pogba
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 6:34

Juventude wrote:I see them as very different players and I think the comparisons are not accurate. Pogba is much more involved in the attack than Vieira and he seems to have a cannon for a leg outside the box. Those are not elements that Vieira was known for.

If you classify the midfielders, I think there are 5 types of them except of the wingers:

1. the Stopper: FELIPE MELO, EMERSON, GJILBERTO SILVA, YAYA TOURE
2. BALL WINNER: VIDAL, SISSOKO, GATUSSO,
3. Midfield General: XAVI, GERRARD, MARCHISIO, SEEDORF, SHWAINSHTAINGER,
4. Deep Playmaker: PIRLO, BEKHAM,
5. AMF Playmaker: DIEGO, ZIDANE

The difference is that extra talent that someone have, such as SEEDORF could also play as a stopper or a ball winner, better than someone like PADOIN,

VIEIRA was a midfield general, but he was also a good stopper and ball winner, that made too many people confuse him for a stopper, he could make RONALDINHO look worse than MATRI and I don't think it is fair to compare POGBA with him, we should compare him with MARRONE, VERRATI and players...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 8:41

I see Pogba more in the mould of Yaya Toure than Viera.... Pogba will be the next Yaya....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 10:15

This is a huge compliment guys! vieira was possibly the best dm in the world in his prime he was a beast of a player. hopefully we can build the team around pogba in future years Proud
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 14:30

If you don't think Vieira was very involved in creating for Arsenal's attack and didn't score key goals... you never watched Arsenal during that time. He was what Yaya Toure could only dream of being. Defense, helped flow and attacked. One of the top 3 B2B midfielders i have ever seen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 15:44

sportsczy wrote:If you don't think Vieira was very involved in creating for Arsenal's attack and didn't score key goals... you never watched Arsenal during that time. He was what Yaya Toure could only dream of being. Defense, helped flow and attacked. One of the top 3 B2B midfielders i have ever seen.

I've seen them both. Trust me, I'm one of the old guys on this forum. They just don't have the same style, that's all i'm saying. Vieira was one of the best ever no doubt. I'm taking nothing away from him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 17:03

elmystique wrote:I see Pogba more in the mould of Yaya Toure than Viera.... Pogba will be the next Yaya....

What the man said !

+99 elm
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 19:42

DeviAngel wrote:
elmystique wrote:I see Pogba more in the mould of Yaya Toure than Viera.... Pogba will be the next Yaya....

What the man said !

+99 elm

Grazie......
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content