Post by Zealous Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm

You inspired me Proud

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Dortmund vs Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Dortmund vs Real Madrid

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:57 pm

buddytaller wrote:The Real Madrid hate in this forum in quite hilarious, there are upsets in football and Dortmund qualifying to the final would be one, as it stands Real Madrid are the favourites, there are no two ways about that.

I predict a 1-2 win for Real in the first leg, and a 2-1 win at the Bernabeu, (4-2) on aggregate.

Yes, Madrid are the favourites. Mostly as mole said because of their superior experience. That's about it.

@ Zeal, I agree...but the overall rhythm of this thread seems to be, Real have one foot in the final already, and it's far from truth imo.

the manner BVB knocked Malaga out, they'd be drooling in confidence, and the "written in the stars" factor AKA Chelsea2012 and Liverpool2005.

I won't lie. I am rooting for them, but I think the tie will be as competitive as the other tie.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 pm

The people that matter rate Dortmund and are not taking them lightly. If you have a problem with some saying that it's Madrid's semi to lose then that is fair, football games are won on the pitch not in football forums.

Of course the tie will be competitive, O have no doubt that it will be.

BTW you could also argue that we have the "written in the stars" factor. Bayern as well if you think about it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:08 pm

I don't think Real will win because Dortmund were shit against Malaga.

I think Real will win because they have more depth, and were in really bad form during the group stages, while they have beaten Barca twice since then, dispatched of ManU (barely, though) and pummeled Galatasaray.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:Mourinho's biggest strength: Adapting tactics with experience. Once he sees a team and knows what to expect, he's the best i've ever seen at making the needed adjustments... and as all of you know, i don't like Mou. But you have to give credit where credit is due.

Dortmund was new to Mou and Madrid the last time around. This time, we have intel. And keep in mind that Madrid is in 1000x better form now than in the fall.

I don't see us losing to Dortmund.

sportsczy, been reading a lot of your posts and I agree with u Thumbs up Curious then, do u think Mourinho is the best manager? What about tactically? A lot of debate still about this and Im not sure, hes right up there, but is he the best without weaknesses? Obviously not, as u mentioned too, Real this season suffered in the first half due to the motivated and man management. Why do u think thats gone and fixed now?

The fact that he will leave again proves that this is his biggest weakness. I still want to see him prove himself long term and not being able to buy any player he wants Twisted Evil

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah sports but for the likes of Ozil, Di Maria, Benz and CR the job to get in between the lines and create openings becomes a lot easier with Sahin instead of Bender/Kehl.

That's true. It just depends if Dortmund want to go balls out in the first game or will try to manage risk. I think they start with the same XI as in pool play and then adjust as needed with subs.

Good thing for Madrid is that Dortmund plays one way and one way only. They are similar to Barca in that sense.... they have their style and they will stick with it. Mou loves this kind of rigidity.

Klopp will have to show his worth as a tactician for Dortmund to beat us again.

So Klopp is newer to the top level scene from what I know, but hes good enough to match Mou's tactics u think? Its interesting to know Real worked out their style now and its very good counter attacking to suit playing Barca, but not as effective against park the bus... but i dont think its that bad obiously and easy to stop Real, surely they are much better and complex than just parking, and pressing Alonso.... I sitll think they are better than Dortmund overall by a distance....

sportsczy wrote:Did you watch the games the last 2 years between Bayern and Dortmund? Bayern was getting torched. They were arse kickings often. Now, the games are even. The difference seems massive to me. Previously, Bayern had no idea what to do with Dortmund.

So what exactly have Bayern done differently now compared with b4?

sportsczy wrote:Of course, some people (myself included) would say that Badstuber's absence has been an act of god in Bayern's favor... :coffee:

Ive been wondering and asked somewhere else, Badstuber I thought is their best CB, so what do u mean here?

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Reus vs someone Dortmund vs Real Madrid - Page 5 Hungry_boy

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Mourinho's biggest strength: Adapting tactics with experience. Once he sees a team and knows what to expect, he's the best i've ever seen at making the needed adjustments... and as all of you know, i don't like Mou. But you have to give credit where credit is due.

Dortmund was new to Mou and Madrid the last time around. This time, we have intel. And keep in mind that Madrid is in 1000x better form now than in the fall.

I don't see us losing to Dortmund.
This is such bullshit. How many times has Mou lost a game this season because of the same game plan Dortmund used by other la liga teams? What has he done to create a convincing team when in possession and diversify the avenues of attacks?
We don't lose games because our tactics are wrong. The problem is not that. We play the exact same way as we did last year when we broke the record in points and goals scored in La Liga. The issue? Bad form, injuries and quirky lineups cost us early... we didn't get going until January. Mou also failed as a motivator this year in the first part of the season. Now, we just don't care about La Liga. We just use those games to rotate players and make sure everyone is ready for CL.

I'm the biggest Mou critic in the world. I don't like his overall tactics because i don't think it's very attractive. But in big games and against good sides.... Mou is the best i have ever seen. Just as en example, as soon as Nani got the red, he subbed in Modric and immediately shifted the shape of the team into a 442 with both Higuain and CR7 in the box. It took SAF 10 mins to react... in that time, we put the game away with 2 quick goals. I don't need to tell you how he's neutralized Barca now. His tactics from December 2011 and now are night and day.

He is an arse and his tyrant method has a short lifecycle. But he hasn't done what he's done with multiple teams in multiple leagues because he's not an elite manager. That you can't take away from him.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:We don't lose games because our tactics are wrong. The problem is not that. We play the exact same way as we did last year when we broke the record in points and goals scored in La Liga. The issue? Bad form, injuries and quirky lineups cost us early... we didn't get going until January. Mou also failed as a motivator this year in the first part of the season. Now, we just don't care about La Liga. We just use those games to rotate players and make sure everyone is ready for CL.
While I'm not saying that didn't have an issue on your games, that is not the main problem. The problem is that small teams started parking the bus vs Madrid in a much higher quantity than before, realizing that Madrid are not very good when playing on possession. This is because Mou has built a team designed to beat Barca - and it has, since Barca will never squander possession this year Madrid have been very effective against us - at the expense of diversity of play. The problems are quite clearly tactical when Madrid has lost points to the same exact tactics, which btw, were the same ones used by Dortmund.

sportsczy wrote:Madrid goalkeeping and CBs are much stronger. Of course, CR7 makes Reus look like a puppy in comparison despite Reus being very good.

Other difference is depth. Madrid can come in with 3 impact-making subs in every position. Dortmund's subs are not at that level.

sportsczy wrote:Modric and Benz were off form and the midfield is Alonso-Khedira with Essien as the backup. Ozil didn't get going until January. Marcelo was injured for 3 months. We can't break PTB teams unless our creative players are on. We were trying to break teams with Coentrao-Arbeloa overlapping, Alonso-Khedira in the middle, an off form AM until January, CR7 on the left, an off form Di Maria and an off form CF... Mou did a bad job with his motivation and his man management. He had everyone pissed off at him and many were not performing as a result. But everyone did PTB on us last year too and we absolutely destroyed them.

In retrospect, i can't really blame the tactics because the personnel wasn't right. However, i do blame Mou for splintering the locker room and causing unnecessary anxiety... that's the big culprit.

If hes so good and fixed the problems now, why do u think he will not stay at Real? And what do u think about his end at Chelsea last time? I always thought he lost out to Fergie for 2 seasons and were dropping standard b4 he got fired.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:21 pm

I agree, written in the stars factor obviously has nothing to do with it, a lot of teams each season have their reasons and stories and runs, but in the end, only one of the fairytales come true if any Cool

Too bad still but it feels nothing like that at Barca, since we've won it so much....but our version would be, to finally meet and best Bayern, and then El Classico, the ultimate game in the CL final and to beat them and win, that would be perfect and truly memorable!!! Cool
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Actually Dortmund don't just have one style. You've seen them countering a lot in the UCL, but actually, if you let them have possession, they'll use that too. They have been very good against teams that sit deep and park (except Malaga -.-) - in the Bundesliga it's not that uncommon for them to crowd the box like Bayern do, probe the back lines and try to cut it open, all the while retaining possession in the attacking third through heavy, early pressing.

They're probably fine either way, tactically. What they kind of suck against is teams that are just individually better.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:05 pm

madrid are in finals! yes yes yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:madrid are in finals! yes yes yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks. RJFTW.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:madrid are in finals! yes yes yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but that final isn't until May sometime. It was going to be played on Friday due to Eurovision being on Saturday iirc. Lets focus on CL first and then we can worry about that Copa final Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:15 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Thanks. RJFTW.

ANYONE wanna sig and username bet on this one? ill take anyone on... if u guys have the guts that is... *looking at the tons of people who are cheering for dortmound*
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

If you wanna bet for sig and username on a Dortmund match, I suggest you talk to Idiot, errrr, Ninis.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:26 pm

and so i thought, all of you are just talks, when it comes to test your belief on dortmound all of you shut up Very Happy Very Happy good to know

That's the power of La Dacima Very Happy --- the offer is still out there for anyone Very Happy
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:29 pm

i would bet with you but we would both win in the end so

also i can't change anymore usernames viva :coffee: and please dont call me idiot Sad

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 pm

It wasn't technically me who called you idiot, mate.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 pm

congratulations on madrid reaching their first final in ages...

dortmund are a very decent team but madrid have this sewed . i feel like its madrids year, i think they'll win the ucl this year, it just feels like destiny is behind them .

timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm

So much underrating at BvB :facepalm:

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Yeah I mean I expect Real to win and all, but considering BVB took 4 pts off Madrid (almost 6 TBH, if it hadn't been for Özil genius and Weidenfeller brainfart) people seem a bit cocksure.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:40 pm

mourinho allows them to Wink

also LeDNA>>>>>LeGladiator, you shouldn't you just shouldn't

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Mou hasn't fixed anything imo. Players fixed themselves because we're talking about great players who have personal drive and want to prove themselves. You also have a lot of loyalty to Real Madrid, not Mou. Finally, some of the guys need to show well so that clubs are interested in buying them in the summer.

Mou and the players have found overlapping objectives... that's all it is.

Klopp is good.... very good. But Bayern is doing to Dortmund what Madrid does to Barca: Namely, they have decreased the spacing between their lines when they play Dortmund. There's just not as much room for the quick passing Dortmund loves. Also, Bayern's talent is just better this year. You have Mandzukic, Javi Martinez and no Badstuber.... just a better team.

Mou is going to squeeze the spaces on Dortmund and push them to make decisions they're not used to. Can the Dortmund players adapt? Can Klopp adapt his tactics?

The other big q is: Will Madrid's much better form translate to better play against Dortmund?

The pressure is on Dortmund in the first game since it's at their house. We'll see how they handle it. Madrid has been to 3 straight CL semis with the same players for the most part... this will be nothing new for Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Die Borussen wrote:mourinho allows them to Wink

also LeDNA>>>>>LeGladiator, you shouldn't you just shouldn't
Spartacus opened my eyes Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:Mou hasn't fixed anything imo. Players fixed themselves because we're talking about great players who have personal drive and want to prove themselves. You also have a lot of loyalty to Real Madrid, not Mou. Finally, some of the guys need to show well so that clubs are interested in buying them in the summer.

Mou and the players have found overlapping objectives... that's all it is.

Klopp is good.... very good. But Bayern is doing to Dortmund what Madrid does to Barca: Namely, they have decreased the spacing between their lines when they play Dortmund. There's just not as much room for the quick passing Dortmund loves. Also, Bayern's talent is just better this year. You have Mandzukic, Javi Martinez and no Badstuber.... just a better team.

Mou is going to squeeze the spaces on Dortmund and push them to make decisions they're not used to. Can the Dortmund players adapt? Can Klopp adapt his tactics?

The other big q is: Will Madrid's much better form translate to better play against Dortmund?

The pressure is on Dortmund in the first game since it's at their house. We'll see how they handle it. Madrid has been to 3 straight CL semis with the same players for the most part... this will be nothing new for Madrid.

Thumbs up Great explanation thx. But then it sounds like each and everyone for themselves, which seems to be a part if forced upon themselves and maybe not every player loves Mou like the rumours say Very Happy

Klopp I remember watching them get beaten 5-1 by Bayern 3 seasons ago and still got an image of a droky looknig guy with glasses looking angry and lost Laughing I didnt know much about him but certainly didnt think he would became such a force with his team Very Happy

All factors considered, Real has gotta be favoured. Since many mentioned Mou will react and change to counter Dortmund and Real players work ever so hard and Mou's instructions are usually so good, so lets see if Klopp can
deal with it.

So sportsczy, maybe off topic, but what do u think about Real vs Barca which could well happen too for the final. Do u think now that Real have found how to counter us, then it will stay that way and Real are better?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:28 am

Last time, we met Dortmund in CL semi final we won the whole thing against a Spanish team in the final eco smile I think it was in 1999 :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 am

Babun wrote:Last time, we met Dortmund in CL semi final we won the whole thing against a Spanish team in the final eco smile I think it was in 1999 :coffee:

'99 was a Solskjaer delight. It was 2000.
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 am

u wot m8
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:10 am

We beat BVB in the semis in 1998 and went on to beat Jve to win La Septima. In 2000 we beat Bayern in the semi (Thanks Anelka) and then beat Valencia in an all Spanish final.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next