futbol
Collblanc
rwo power
Harmonica
Onyx
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Champions League Semi-final draw discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Semi-final draw discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm

@arq, I agree about PSG but I honestly think they do have a chance eventho it can be as little as a teenie weenie chance. Because there have been teams who have successfully scored two goals at the Camp Nou and I think with the speed of their attackers if they manage to score a goal in the first half the have a slim possibility of going through

Juve's situation look more complicated I agree that you may say its finished but if Juve go into it with the same intention as Arsenal who is to say they can't take the tie to extra time lets not forget German players have a habit of missing sometimes and a certain dutch player Razz pls go viva and rwo I know you agree with me

Galas chances are very low but if we go into the game thinking its done and dusted then they are going to humble us. you could see Mou wanting us to score as many as possible with his tantrums on the bench everytime we missed lol. However if we get an away goal then its surely over. Lets see how Gala approach the game

People are underrating Malaga they have survived onslaughts from Madrid, Porto et al what makes you think they will concede vs Dortmund. I can see the game going into ET as Malaga won't have that many chances. Pelle will be put up to a tough test its now or never so I suggest all their hardworking players starting on the bench vs Sociedad. They will miss Welligtkn but Otamendi turned in wirh a MOTM performance vs Porto who is to say he won't again hmm

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Champions League Semi-final draw discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Semi-final draw discussion

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@arq, I agree about PSG but I honestly think they do have a chance eventho it can be as little as a teenie weenie chance. Because there have been teams who have successfully scored two goals at the Camp Nou and I think with the speed of their attackers if they manage to score a goal in the first half the have a slim possibility of going through

Juve's situation look more complicated I agree that you may say its finished but if Juve go into it with the same intention as Arsenal who is to say they can't take the tie to extra time lets not forget German players have a habit of missing sometimes and a certain dutch player Razz pls go viva and rwo I know you agree with me

Galas chances are very low but if we go into the game thinking its done and dusted then they are going to humble us. you could see Mou wanting us to score as many as possible with his tantrums on the bench everytime we missed lol. However if we get an away goal then its surely over. Lets see how Gala approach the game

People are underrating Malaga they have survived onslaughts from Madrid, Porto et al what makes you think they will concede vs Dortmund. I can see the game going into ET as Malaga won't have that many chances. Pelle will be put up to a tough test its now or never so I suggest all their hardworking players starting on the bench vs Sociedad. They will miss Welligtkn but Otamendi turned in wirh a MOTM performance vs Porto who is to say he won't again hmm

Interesting thoughts Hala.

Thing is football and especially UCL is more predictable then people think or maybe because I spend to much time on its insight. PSG have a superior squad and a more proven manager yet the away goals, their inexperience and lack of chemistry along with Barca being a completely different force mentally and footballing wise at Camp Nou, will be too much for the French outfit. I've seen this situation to many times with Barca and it always ends up with them smiling at the end of the 90.

Juventus will depend if Conte forms that silly system that he occasionally uses and even if he uses the system that is his original system for Juve, it won't be enough as Bayern are destined to score at least one, Juve don't have the firepower to break down their defence and that the absence of an away goal will be too much. Juventus have gone further than I thought with such an inexperienced squad and manager as this occasion will expose no their ability, but that they need more gametime within Europe. Its another predictable tie in I predict Bayern will win again.

Gala? I never understand this humility from Madrilenos pre-games just because they've gotten an easy tie. Gala from the start of CL were actually an average team being carried by Yilmaz and some ballsy moves by Terim. They have a team bordering on 30s and rely too much on individual brilliance to bail them out. Ataturk atmosphere or not, 3 goals is far to much to score v a prepared Real Madrid side and there is literally no chance for Gala. Congrats on the semis.

Believe me I rate Malaga just as highly as you do yet again, inexperience will prove to much for them to not be awed by the Westfalstadion atmosphere and that Dortmund are a superior team at home by a considerable distance. Dortmund have had their chances in the past 2 years to build and prepare a side for Europe and while I rate Pellegrini higher than Klopp, I don't see him doing enough for Malaga considering they will reach their limit in Germany. I will be supporting Malaga as you do as a win for them would bring me joy.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Thing is football and especially UCL is more predictable then people think or maybe because I spend to much time on its insight. PSG have a superior squad and a more proven manager yet the away goals, their inexperience and lack of chemistry along with Barca being a completely different force mentally and footballing wise at Camp Nou, will be too much for the French outfit. I've seen this situation to many times with Barca and it always ends up with them smiling at the end of the 90.

Juventus will depend if Conte forms that silly system that he occasionally uses and even if he uses the system that is his original system for Juve, it won't be enough as Bayern are destined to score at least one, Juve don't have the firepower to break down their defence and that the absence of an away goal will be too much. Juventus have gone further than I thought with such an inexperienced squad and manager as this occasion will expose no their ability, but that they need more gametime within Europe. Its another predictable tie in I predict Bayern will win again.

Gala? I never understand this humility from Madrilenos pre-games just because they've gotten an easy tie. Gala from the start of CL were actually an average team being carried by Yilmaz and some ballsy moves by Terim. They have a team bordering on 30s and rely too much on individual brilliance to bail them out. Ataturk atmosphere or not, 3 goals is far to much to score v a prepared Real Madrid side and there is literally no chance for Gala. Congrats on the semis.

Believe me I rate Malaga just as highly as you do yet again, inexperience will prove to much for them to not be awed by the Westfalstadion atmosphere and that Dortmund are a superior team at home by a considerable distance. Dortmund have had their chances in the past 2 years to build and prepare a side for Europe and while I rate Pellegrini higher than Klopp, I don't see him doing enough for Malaga considering they will reach their limit in Germany. I will be supporting Malaga as you do as a win for them would bring me joy.

great post. I don't know who said it think it was Dani but Barca have been very unlucky with the goals they have conceded and its not only goals that will be eliminated tomorrow ts goals that they have consistently conceded some really dodgy ones and honestly I know Barca will turn up the heat and that but if Celtic manage to score with their players then so can PSG the only question will be how many??

in my opinion I think they might score one but a second might come from a freekick that probably should never have been. PSG should keep it compact and wait for their chances. Barca will probably start a Pique-Song partnership Proud god bless so no matter how much firepower Barca do have PSG will not go home without a goal no matter gow experienced or lack thereof their players posess

I agree about Juve it dpends on what formation their coach uses, they are still in the learning cycle their coach inclusive. On the other hand I have noticed how arrogant some of Bayern players are so if they go into the game thinking they have gone through I think Juve might just might turn it around. probabilities are still low tho

As for us eco smile we all witnessed Alcorcon didn't we?? different coach but with the mentality I don't want us to go in with vs Gala. I trust Mou to bang that into their head

I don't think inexperience is the right term to use for Malaga as they are a team full of former top club players and most of them have played in multiple CLs before AND couple that with them facing both Real and Barca every season they have experience playing both sets of tactics posession and counter, Pelle has made them so solid on this that they have started to regularly trouble Barca/Madrid. Dortmund won't be any different imho
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:52 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

great post. I don't know who said it think it was Dani but Barca have been very unlucky with the goals they have conceded and its not only goals that will be eliminated tomorrow ts goals that they have consistently conceded some really dodgy ones and honestly I know Barca will turn up the heat and that but if Celtic manage to score with their players then so can PSG the only question will be how many??

in my opinion I think they might score one but a second might come from a freekick that probably should never have been. PSG should keep it compact and wait for their chances. Barca will probably start a Pique-Song partnership Proud god bless so no matter how much firepower Barca do have PSG will not go home without a goal no matter gow experienced or lack thereof their players posess

I agree about Juve it dpends on what formation their coach uses, they are still in the learning cycle their coach inclusive. On the other hand I have noticed how arrogant some of Bayern players are so if they go into the game thinking they have gone through I think Juve might just might turn it around. probabilities are still low tho

As for us eco smile we all witnessed Alcorcon didn't we?? different coach but with the mentality I don't want us to go in with vs Gala. I trust Mou to bang that into their head

I don't think inexperience is the right term to use for Malaga as they are a team full of former top club players and most of them have played in multiple CLs before AND couple that with them facing both Real and Barca every season they have experience playing both sets of tactics posession and counter, Pelle has made them so solid on this that they have started to regularly trouble Barca/Madrid. Dortmund won't be any different imho

The thing you're forgetting with these four ties are that its the Quarter finals Hala. Past matches that have been mentioned by you in reference, were of much smaller stature and importance. We have seen that Barca are a different beast at Nou Camp and especially when angry (their recent cry-baby statement) as PSG unlike Milan and Madrid don't even have the experience to face them let alone as a team themselves. I truly hope Paris make it through but I cannot see it. Even a Pique-Song partnership will get them through.

My point on Juve was that they used a system which Conte uses sometimes in first legs in not conceding a goal but sacrificing attacking threat. It is not the same system that is used by Juventus on a weekly basis as in the past threads, it was my question to Conte on why he did not deploy his original formation as taking them head on with that would not have produced Bayern dismantling Juve for me. If they had an away goal then yes, but the ship has sailed and Bayern is too good and motivated (especially after last year) in being complacent to choke. They've prepared for this since Van Gaal.

Alcorcon? Eh that was Copa del Rey tie with a new squad and a manager who didn't care to fail in experimenting. Gala's atmosphere won't even effect Mou's experienced side who've seen it all now.

Malaga have an experienced squad but it also must be seen how experienced they are together as a team in facing certain situations. Pellegrini is a world class manager without a doubt yet the onslaught they will face in Dortmund will prove to get them through as it could have been a different outlook if not for some glaring missed chances by the German side. This time, the players and not Pellegrini will make the difference. It doesn't help that Dortmund is that kind of team of Malaga tend to struggle against (in tactical terms) as Klopp seems to know how to exploit their weaknesses, whatever few of them that exist.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Barca vs Bayern would be the best semi imo. Possession vs possession, pressing vs pressing. Would be interesting to watch.

Meh.

We would dominate them in terms of possession, people would see they are not on our level with the ball.

However, their pressing is much better than ours...at least, its more reliable and consistent.

But the game would be intresting because both teams have the ability to create chances, thats if we should make it obviously.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 pm

rodri wrote:There is no seeding in semifinal:
http://www.footballseeding.com/european-cups/champions-league-12-13/
So anyone can play with anyone.
Officially, yeah. But what about that thing with the heated balls? Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Heated balls that's genius.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Barca-Bayern
Real-Bayern
Arqui knows that it will take the combined power of Barca and Real to defeat Bayern :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Heated balls that's genius.

Champions League Semi-final draw discussion - Page 2 Mother10
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 pm

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Barca-Bayern
Real-Bayern
Bayern are good man, but not good enough to play two ties

I think it will be Dortmund - Real & Barca - Bayern

However I hope it's going to be Barca - Malaga & Bayern - Real
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 pm

We could've reached the Semi Finals if it weren't for those meddlin' Catalans Mad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:35 am

El Shaarawy wrote:We could've reached the Semi Finals if it weren't for those meddlin' Catalans Mad

Haters gonna hate... Laughing

Barca-Bayern
Real-Dortmund
please
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:06 am

The Sanchez wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:We could've reached the Semi Finals if it weren't for those meddlin' Catalans Mad

Haters gonna hate... Laughing

Barca-Bayern
Real-Dortmund
please

So you want Real to have a better chance of progressing to the final ? hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:27 am

Clearly shown throughout the group stage qualifications... :coffee:
Good one Surag Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 am

The Sanchez wrote:Clearly shown throughout the group stage qualifications... :coffee:
Good one Surag Laughing

:I'mveryunoriginal:

pretty sure Essien won't start as LB Razz and both Epep and Ramos won't start together Laughing

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:36 am

After their terrible showing against Malaga i really dont trust Dortmund to make a huge impact in the semis especially if they're up against one of Real or Barca.(If they go through that is).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am

I'd rather we faced Barca than Bayern, since we're used to beating Barca nowadays and there's only 1 way we can play against them which is our best style of play.

Secondly, I'd face Dortmund. They're not as good as Bayern and I think our quality would be too much in the end for them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:04 pm

Surag wrote:After their terrible showing against Malaga i really dont trust Dortmund to make a huge impact in the semis especially if they're up against one of Real or Barca.(If they go through that is).
I bet you wouldn't have talked of a terrible showing if they would have converted even half of their chances...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:47 pm

rwo power wrote:
Surag wrote:After their terrible showing against Malaga i really dont trust Dortmund to make a huge impact in the semis especially if they're up against one of Real or Barca.(If they go through that is).
I bet you wouldn't have talked of a terrible showing if they would have converted even half of their chances...

This, fine lines in football i'm afraid. ( could be applied to life in general tbh)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 pm

rwo power wrote:

They are a fairly young and inexperienced team.I dont believe they'll be able to handle the pressure of a semi against one of the big boys.Just my opinion.

I think i could use the word 'choke' here.To an extent it was a 'choke-worthy' performance against Malaga.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 pm

How many times do I hear "if they converted their chances"? Malaga had 3 chances to which should have been put away yet that doesn't quantify anything. Obviously Dortmund's was bigger yet its better to speak from a general control point of view to where the match was even and not in Dortmund's favour
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm

@Arqui

I fully agree that it was an even match. I just contested the claim it was a "terrible showing" by Dortmund.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm

rwo power wrote:@Arqui

I fully agree that it was an even match. I just contested the claim it was a "terrible showing by Dortmund".

By their standards.Going by what i've seen of them in the Group stages and the Round of 16.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Bayern-Barca
Dortmund-Real Madrid

Barca-Real Madrid

plsplspls

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm

would rather see
Dortmond - Barca
Bayern - Madrid.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next