juventus101
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
DeviAngel
13 posters

Go down

Vucinic: 'Jovetic, come to Juve!' Empty Vucinic: 'Jovetic, come to Juve!'

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Mirko Vucinic has advised Montenegro teammate Stevan Jovetic to snub Arsenal in favour of Juventus. “It would be an excellent move for him and us.”

Fiorentina talent Jovetic is considering his future, as Arsenal and Manchester City are prepared to activate his £25m buy-out clause.

The 23-year-old was heavily linked with the Gunners in today’s papers, both in England and Italy.

“I am not surprised ­Arsenal are interested in him because he is a top striker, but I have told him to stay in Italy,” Vucinic told the Daily Mirror.

“­Juventus are back ­competing in ­Europe and it would be an excellent move for him and us.”

The Bianconeri already saw several approaches for Jovetic rejected, as Fiorentina are their bitter rivals and do not want to reinforce their squad.

Vucinic and Jovetic will be playing together on Tuesday when Montenegro welcome England in a World Cup qualifier.

“With myself and ­Jovetic, England will be in for a tough time and with their ­defensive issues we must try to exploit that.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Vucinic: 'Jovetic, come to Juve!' Empty Re: Vucinic: 'Jovetic, come to Juve!'

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 pm

JoJo is a boyhood Anzhi fan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Is Vucinic literally asking himself to sit on the bench? Llorente and Jovetic duo would definitely bench him if both translate their best form into this Juve side.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm

I disagree. Ive always thought an on form Vucinic > an on form Jovetic. Anyways, no matter who would be benched, Jovetic, Vucinic, Llorente, Giovinco, and ome of Quags/Matri is some seriously great depth. We could always play a 4-3-3 too with all 3 of Vucinic, Jovetic, and Llorente. Either way though, quality depth is important. Bayern has Gomez and Pizarro on the bench, Real has Benzema, Barca has Sanchez, United has Welbeck and Chicharito, City has Dzeko. We need quality depth at CF.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

No one, no one can do the triangles that Vuci makes and asissts in making ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:28 pm

juventus101 wrote:I disagree. Ive always thought an on form Vucinic > an on form Jovetic.

Jovetic is essentially a more consistent version of Vucinic.With all due respect Vucinic on form is like 2 good games out of 8-9 games.We need more consistency and better goal-scoring instincts and Jovetic is certainly better than Vucinic in those aspects.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Jovetic is more clinical, but thats the onky thing i think he edges Vucinic in. The thing is, just because hes more clinical doesnt mean he is more consistent. For a CF yea. For two second strikers like these two, no. Vucinic is not the.most consistsnet guy in the world, but its more like 5 good games and 1 or 2 bad ones, and he always shows up for the big.games. In the first half of this season was tje only time Vucinic was inconsistent and it was because of constant injuries, never being healthy long ebough to get into form.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 am

For me Vucinic > Jovetic! Only thing Jovetic has over Vucinic is a slightly better goal ratio and he is younger!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

inderbaby wrote:For me Vucinic > Jovetic! Only thing Jovetic has over Vucinic is a slightly better goal ratio and he is younger!

A much better goal ratio and being younger is quite a positive
I'm not sure why everyone is acting is if it would be one or the other. They play together for their country, they could play together for Juventus...

Not to mention, with the way Juventus rotates strikers, and the fact that they play multiple competitions now, this is a non-factor

Jovetic, Llorente, Vucinic could all be happy in the squad
All could function in a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2, it's not a bad idea for me

Jovetic is a super talent

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Luca wrote:Not to mention, with the way Juventus rotates strikers, and the fact that they play multiple competitions now, this is a non-factor

That is because none of them are consistent enough to permanently hold up a starting spot.

If for instance Jovetic and Llorente gel well as a partnership and consistently produce the desired results in attack i dont see why Conte would want to rotate his forwards as often as he does now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Hmm how will Llorente, Vucinic AND Jovetic all play at the same time? hmm

Vucinic on the right wing? Will that work?

I don't think either Llorente or Jovetic would want to be rotated all the time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Surag wrote:
Luca wrote:Not to mention, with the way Juventus rotates strikers, and the fact that they play multiple competitions now, this is a non-factor

That is because none of them are consistent enough to permanently hold up a starting spot.

If for instance Jovetic and Llorente gel well as a partnership and consistently produce the desired results in attack i dont see why Conte would want to rotate his forwards as often as he does now.

I disagree, Surag. Good teams have no problem rotating a group of three quality strikers. One forward may play more than the others, but rotation shouldn't be a problem. Look at Man U this season with RVP (48 appearances and 23 goals), Rooney (28 apps. and 16 goals) and Chicharito (31 apps. and 16 goals). That group is easily better than what we could have next season in my opinion.

Look at 2005-2006 Juve- Trez (41 apps, 29 goals), Del P (37 apps and 15 goals), Zlatan (43 apps., 10 goals).

Juve can definitely rotate a mix of Llorente, Vucinic, and Jovetic. That won't be an issue at all. Plus, when you have three good strikers, it pushes each of the players to play their best and earn their starting spot. Plus, we're bound to have an injury or two over the course of the season.

Anyways, Llorente will clearly be given a chance to be Juve's top striker, but he will have to earn that spot and that may not be easy. Conte won't care what his salary is. He won't play if he's not the best.

Not only can we easily rotate three good strikers, but I would argue that you may NEED three good strikers to continue to be the best in Europe over the several seasons.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Again not disagreeing at all.But when there's a scenario where Llorente and Jovetic strike a bond and both consistently produce good performances i dont see any reason why Conte wouldnt want to go with his best attacking lineup week in week out ? I'm not saying this is a given but just pointing out towards a hypothetical scenario.

And for all we know when MVP are fit and in form ,Conte always goes with his best midfield lineup.If the same level of consistency is shown in attack next season from certain players he might do the same in that case too.I dint mean to say he wont rotate at all but i'm dont see him doing it every 2nd,3rd game as he's done this season provided like i said the first choice frontline is consistent enough ofcourse.I may be wrong though.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I hope Jovetic will go to Juve .

There is room for Vucinic, Jovetic and Llorente + Matri or who else as depth .

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Juvetic*
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Surag wrote:Again not disagreeing at all.But when there's a scenario where Llorente and Jovetic strike a bond and both consistently produce good performances i dont see any reason why Conte wouldnt want to go with his best attacking lineup week in week out ? I'm not saying this is a given but just pointing out towards a hypothetical scenario.

And for all we know when MVP are fit and in form ,Conte always goes with his best midfield lineup.If the same level of consistency is shown in attack next season from certain players he might do the same in that case too.I dint mean to say he wont rotate at all but i'm dont see him doing it every 2nd,3rd game as he's done this season provided like i said the first choice frontline is consistent enough ofcourse.I may be wrong though.

well, see Manchester United's example... They have Rooney and RVP, two of the world's best.. and still Wellbeck and Chicharito get a good amount of time and they are all doing well
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Jovetic is better than Vucinic IMO. A 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 would suit them better.

Buffon
Lichsteiner Chiellini Barzagli LB/Asamoah
Marchisio Pirlo Vidal
Jovetic Vucinic
Llorente
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:32 pm

DeviAngel wrote:No one, no one can do the triangles that Vuci makes and asissts in making ...

Dev, any high quality striker that is willing to listen to a coach can do it. Vucinic is good but dont make it seam like we cant improve over him.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 pm

and we shouldnt be changing the formatoin at all. the 3-5-2 is where its at. We are winning with it, and if we bring in more talent there is no sense in upsetting the system just to accommodate players into the XI.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:No one, no one can do the triangles that Vuci makes and asissts in making ...

Dev, any high quality striker that is willing to listen to a coach can do it. Vucinic is good but dont make it seam like we cant improve over him.
no no I meant from the named above
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Surag wrote:

Surag wrote:

As often, no, of course not. It wouldn't make sense for that to happen, but I see competition within the squad as a good, healthy thing. What you describe is the best case scenario, Juventus has two in-form strikers firing on all cylinders with chemistry? I cannot say I would be upset for that to happen. I would take that deal.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't disagree that Jovetic is a quality player but for me when i first saw him burst onto the scene as an 18 or 19 year old and light up the champions league I was expecting him to go on and become a phenomenon, but then he got injured and since his comeback I have watched a lot of his games this season and I must say that he can be impressive especially with his shooting from distance but a lot of the time he just looks like a good player without being great! He goes missing in a lot of matches and his touch and passing are not brilliant all the time and he does give the ball away like all other players, but that's me being critical in the way we say Vucinic should be more clinical. Saying that Jovetic does score some great goals but then again I remember Giovinco looking perhaps even better when he was at Parma. For me there is no doubt that Jovetic would be a great addition to the squad and definitely better than most of our current crop but I dont think he is a player who can take us to the next level as frankly I think were already at the top level as a team and only maybe a Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Suarez would really push up a notch or so.

For me the reason Vucinic > Jovetic is because Vucinis has already carried this Juve team and done some great things since joining us...he can be off sometimes but most of the time he is a real problem for the opposition and he has been sick in the champions league. When he joined us people said he was lazy and even now people say he is lazy but I think that's nonsense coz I don't think any of forwards run as much as Vucinic does over the course of a game, I think this is the big difference that Conte has made to Mirko. With Vucinic we are winning...Vucinic is a winner!

A lot of the time I like players from other teams and in human nature the grass always tends to look greener on the other side but I don't even think we will make a big splash in the transfer market coz with the addition of Llorente I think were ready to rock n roll!

I think competition in the squad is healthy but for me Conte choses his forwards according to their characteristics and the opposition. Thats why we see some strange rotations.

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 am

Inderbaby is that your longest post ever? cheers
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 am

[quote="inderbaby" Conte choses his forwards according to their characteristics and the opposition. Thats why we see some strange rotations. [/quote]

I agree to this to even Conte,Matri,Quags all told this to the media
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:31 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:Inderbaby is that your longest post ever? cheers

Lol it's definitely the longest post I have made in a long time...too busy with the life so usually I just keep it short n sweet Afro

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down