BarrileteCosmico
LeSwagg James
Lex
RedOranje
CBarca
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why are Spurs so disliked here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Spurs so disliked here?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 am

My responses were only directed at your points, I understand that you were not claiming to follow them.

To be honest with you, if a team is receiving hate, they must be doing something right. If you aren't seen as a threat, other teams will not even bother mentioning you. So in other words, all this hate is a good sign for the Spurs.

Back to top Go down

Why are Spurs so disliked here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are Spurs so disliked here?

Post by S Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 am

Omniscient wrote:The primary reason is the large amount of Arsenal fans on this forum. Arsenal isn't exactly doing amazing things at the moment, so bitter fans will lash out at superior teams such as Spurs to alleviate their frustrations.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 am

I dont see it either CB. I'm with you on this, they havent really done anything to deserve such treatment, from what I've seen.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:26 am

Years of being in Arsenal and Chelsea's shadow.
Surag wrote:
Omniscient wrote:The primary reason is the large amount of Arsenal fans on this forum. Arsenal isn't exactly doing amazing things at the moment, so bitter fans will lash out at superior teams such as Spurs to alleviate their frustrations.
Yeah, completely agree.

As a London club, Spurs have been in Chelsea and Arsenal's shadows for so very, very long. In that time Spurs' rivals have built up a much bigger fan base.

Arsenal supporters, in particular, have only really had their superiority over their fellow North Londoners to be proud of for the last 8 years. So now that Spurs are performing better than Arsenal and arguably Chelsea, the fans of those two formerly-superior clubs now have much less to taunt Spurs about. Yet, the resentment is still there.

Now Spurs are no longer the "perennial losers", they have become the "unwelcome upstarts" who have ruined the 'natural order' of things in the eyes of Arsenal and Chelsea fans by rising above them in the standings. If they win the EPL sometime in the future, they will have ruined the 'natural order' for the Manchester clubs too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 am

THC 10 wrote:My responses were only directed at your points, I understand that you were not claiming to follow them.

To be honest with you, if a team is receiving hate, they must be doing something right. If you aren't seen as a threat, other teams will not even bother mentioning you. So in other words, all this hate is a good sign for the Spurs.
Pretty much bro~

Unless the hate is like how people hate stoke. haha... Even I hate them when I don't normally hate anyone
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 am

I don't know why but they are easily the team I dislike the most outside of united. There's no real reason for me, I just do.

Well the main reason is that Lloris is rated higher than Cech on fifa. Seriously?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 am

The only thing I like about Spurs is Nothing.

I dont bother posting more here.

People who support multiple clubs are not real fans and they disgust me.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 am

Muzza wrote:It's a superiority complex.They're jealous they got good the respectful way not the city & chelsea sugar daddy way. Now fans of the traditional big clubs with a lot more fans and are respected more in world football - liverpool, arsenal, chelseas are worried they may have to compete with them for a cl spot regularly and are scared of some competitiveness. People think it's sad for football that these clubs decline, when we get to see some new teams compete, so they constantly remind spurs they have a better history and such.

Not really true . It's not like Arsenal or Chelsea or even Liverpool fans started hating Spurs last season . And while it's true Spurs haven't spent as much as City or Chelsea in the past decade , they're the next biggest spenders .

Why are Spurs so disliked here? - Page 2 PL-decade-spending

Surag wrote:

Even if Arsenal where doing amazing things at present , the hate for Spurs won't be affected .Rivalries aren't affected by your present form , especially the ones that have lasted for a 100 years .Capiche , Luigi?

And I'm kinda surprised why the Spurs fans (and sympathizers) even want this discussion - it's not like the Spurs fans love and respect Arsenal . Or Chelsea . Or Liverpool .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 am

I admire them. Triffic' club structure, great set of players. Great manager. Play some of the best football week in week out. If Utd aren't on, I'm looking for a Spurs game.

Still annoyed they flogged Van Der Goat and bought Gylfi and Derpsey though Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 am

I've not really see any hate towards them. They've done well over the past few years, become a top 4 contending team due to Redknapp. Now AVB's carrying that on and making Spurs even better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 am

CBarca

you just proved why Spurs are disliked everywhere

DELUSION, calling ursled the best team when you are not..

and FYI, if you think Spurs are hated on GL you should see what other forums (NOT ARSENAL FORUMS)say about you lot.
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:31 am

Frankly, to actively dislike a team or even hate it is wasted energy for me. If I don't like a team, I tend to just ignore it unless the team plays against a team I do like, but even then I mainly cheer in the liked team. As for Spurs, I'm mainly indifferent towards them, even though I appreciate their GK ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 am

Spurs are not disliked in England at all, if anything people/fans are developing a soft spot for them as they continue to break into the 'top 4', so fair play to them!

Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 am

best team in London banana
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 am

What would happen if Spuds name started with letter 'A'?

Ever pre season calling themselves Champions?

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 am

Spurs the best team England? Lennon the best rw in the league? Lloris the best gk? The best cm in the league? "Brave scotty Brave Scotty Parker"?

Stop embarrassing yourself lol. I know you're a spurs fanboy, and theres nothing wrong with being excited with their form atm, but that op is ott. They are a strong team, nothing more, nothing less.

As for why they are generally disliked, its because they have some of the most deluded arrogant fans with nothing to back it up. They have a United thread on one of their forums and the majority of them thought they were at the same/better level than us just cuz they didnt get beat by us in the league for the first time since the 80s.

Jokers. I don't really hate them tho'.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 am

RED wrote:Spurs the best team England? Lennon the best rw in the league? Lloris the best gk? The best cm in the league? "Brave scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker"?

Stop embarrassing yourself lol. I know you're a spurs fanboy, and theres nothing wrong with being excited with their form atm, but that op is ott. They are a strong team, nothing more, nothing less.

As for why they are generally disliked, its because they have some of the most deluded arrogant fans with nothing to back it up. They have a United thread on one of their forums and the majority of them thought they were at the same/better level than us just cuz they didnt get beat by us in the league for the first time since the 80s.

Jokers. I don't really hate them tho'.

THE TRUTH..

Spurs real fanbase is filled with some deluded bunch, that where the hate comes from
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Spurs are disliked for a simple reason, they suck.

Multiple reasons, the coverage they get from the media for being completely non-exsistant in EPL till maybe 2005, then sucking again untill recently.

Arsenal fans have nothing to do with it. They never acknowledged Spurs as a rival or threat so had no reason to even mention them, the Spurs fans tried to make themselves relevant with saying, "Arsenal suck etc."

Now to the fans, they think they are one of the top dogs in the EPL, they're (Untill recently) but the fact they tried to compare themselves with the Utds, Arsenals, Pools and Chelsea made them a joke.

There are so many reasons its unreal but since i'm posting from a PS3, I can't go on.

Outside Millwall, they are the most hated London club.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

LOL Arsenal fans aren't any less deluded.

"Fabregas is better than Xavi and Iniesta" before he moved back to Barca.

After they bought Cazorla: "Wowowow, as good as Fabregas, if not better, I wouldn't take Cesc back anymore."

"Arteta should be called up for Spain and play ahead of Busquets!!!11"

"Wilshere-Cazorla-Arteta = Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets".

"The Verminator" (ok, that didn't last long tbh).

"Sagna the best rightback in the league." <--- LULZ

And then there is this cringy Wilshere hype. No matter how average he plays, he's always singled out as the only bright spot "who cared and showed heart", despite the fact that Cazorla is the only reason Arsenal aren't down to Fulham level in the table by now.

As for the topic. I don't watch Spurs that much (only in big games against United, Arsenal etc.) but I hope AVB finishes above Chelsea this season.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Spurs fans are one of the worst in England. They are hated by the most.

The constant delusion that they are better than Arsenal and chelsea makes things even worse for them.

It's not the Arsenal fans, nothing to do with us.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm

futbol wrote:LOL Arsenal fans aren't any less deluded.

"Fabregas is better than Xavi and Iniesta" before he moved back to Barca.

After they bought Cazorla: "Wowowow, as good as Fabregas, if not better, I wouldn't take Cesc back anymore."

"Arteta should be called up for Spain and play ahead of Busquets!!!11"

"Wilshere-Cazorla-Arteta = Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets".

"The Verminator" (ok, that didn't last long tbh).

"Sagna the best rightback in the league." <--- LULZ

And then there is this cringy Wilshere hype. No matter how average he plays, he's always singled out as the only bright spot "who cared and showed heart", despite the fact that Cazorla is the only reason Arsenal aren't down to Fulham level in the table by now.

As for the topic. I don't watch Spurs that much (only in big games against United, Arsenal etc.) but I hope AVB finishes above Chelsea this season.

Stop making stuff up.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 pm

I loved how "futbol" just showed one more time..the real reasoning of an asrenal hater(spurs fan)

"when attacked with logic, make $hit up" - Spurs 101

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:00 pm

bullshit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 pm

I wish non-epl fans would just take a few MB from their Internet package and visit forums of other EPL teams

spurs are actually most disliked London club after Millwall and reason is their fans , simple
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:Stop making stuff up.

Ever been on Arsenal Mania? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Once, never again.

But they don't represent the sane Arsenal fans. No one in their right mind thinks Cazorla is better than cesc. Or our midfield is equal to xaviestabusquets.

But Sagna was the best right back in the PL before this season. That's a fact
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next