BarrileteCosmico
LeSwagg James
Lex
RedOranje
CBarca
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why are Spurs so disliked here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are Spurs so disliked here?

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:13 am

Once, never again.

But they don't represent the sane Arsenal fans. No one in their right mind thinks Cazorla is better than cesc. Or our midfield is equal to xaviestabusquets.

But Sagna was the best right back in the PL before this season. That's a fact

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why are Spurs so disliked here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are Spurs so disliked here?

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 am

futbol wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Stop making stuff up.

Ever been on Arsenal Mania? Laughing

are you comparing words of a few bigots to words of general bigots?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:15 am

I dislike Spurs mainly because of RG Laughing And because EPL sucks...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 am

Vibe wrote:I dislike Spurs mainly because of RG Laughing And because EPL sucks...

Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 am

:bow:
rwo power wrote:Frankly, to actively dislike a team or even hate it is wasted energy for me. If I don't like a team, I tend to just ignore it unless the team plays against a team I do like, but even then I mainly cheer in the liked team. As for Spurs, I'm mainly indifferent towards them, even though I appreciate their GK ^^

I will never understand (well, I do, but still do not want to) why people focus their (negative) energy on teams they do not support. Better yet when people dislike a team because they do not like their supporters - generalizing at its best if you asked me, although, if my homie RG says the majority are like that I would be inclined to take his word for it. But even if you have come across a ton of Spurs fans, that would still be a small percentage of the entire fan base, no?
that being said, I get what you mean, but I still do not see it as a good reason to dislike/hate a team.

Also, am I the only person who makes an effort to read through a entire thread if I plan on posting in it? Worst part is, if some of you actually bothered to read the first page, there would not be as much confusion and misunderstanding.

CB is a Barcelona fan and he has a soft spot in his heart for the Spurs - I will let him explain the rest if his heart so desires. Which brings me to my next point, hating fans should not equate to hating a team; it would be like me saying that I like a team because the fans are amazing, even though the team is filled with a bunch of Joey Barton type players. You see what I did there?

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 am

but THC...

its natural, if you hate a bunch you will hate the nation the represent..

not syaing spurs should be hated, but these "hate" other prem teams show to them did not start overnight, as far back as 2005 spurs lot were as deluded as fvck,

making it easy for someone to dislike
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 am

THC 10 wrote::bow:
rwo power wrote:Frankly, to actively dislike a team or even hate it is wasted energy for me. If I don't like a team, I tend to just ignore it unless the team plays against a team I do like, but even then I mainly cheer in the liked team. As for Spurs, I'm mainly indifferent towards them, even though I appreciate their GK ^^

I will never understand (well, I do, but still do not want to) why people focus their (negative) energy on teams they do not support. Better yet when people dislike a team because they do not like their supporters - generalizing at its best if you asked me, although, if my homie RG says the majority are like that I would be inclined to take his word for it. But even if you have come across a ton of Spurs fans, that would still be a small percentage of the entire fan base, no?
that being said, I get what you mean, but I still do not see it as a good reason to dislike/hate a team.

Also, am I the only person who makes an effort to read through a entire thread if I plan on posting in it? Worst part is, if some of you actually bothered to read the first page, there would not be as much confusion and misunderstanding.

CB is a Barcelona fan and he has a soft spot in his heart for the Spurs - I will let him explain the rest if his heart so desires. Which brings me to my next point, hating fans should not equate to hating a team; it would be like me saying that I like a team because the fans are amazing, even though the team is filled with a bunch of Joey Barton type players. You see what I did there?

Fantastic post THC, could not agree more with that point you made
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
THC 10 wrote::bow:

Fantastic post THC, could not agree more with that point you made

You make it sound like hating a team is bad or uncommon .

Why cant you just hate a team ? Or are we being too stuck up on the semantics of the word "hate" . When a football fan says he hates a rival team , it means he doesnt wish that team to win , say even against neutral opponents . Not that he wants every person associated with that team to die a horrible death .How is that such a negative thing ?

Every Madrid fan I know couldn't stop smiling when Milan beat Barca - that didnt seem strange .

And say If you know a lot of fans of a team , they all are pricks , you hate it when they show off when their team does well , so you hope they dont do well . What's strange about that ?
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:13 am

@ Drake, welcome to the world of "Political Hipster Correcttion"
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:24 am

Maybe you should read my post again, bro. I think hating a team is a waste of energy, that is about it. I also was trying to make the point that hating a team because of fans is silly, so I am not sure where you got this notion from...
drakefyre wrote:You make it sound like hating a team is bad or uncommon.

I actually find it to be very common and even understandable, it is just that I have not really heard any person in this thread offer a "good" reason to dislike/hate THE SPURS (not to be confused with the fans). There are teams that I dislike as well, but I do not think about them, or give them much thought unless they are playing against my team. If a team I dislike is playing in my league, I will still pull for them if they are in a competition that represents our league.

drakefyre wrote:
Why cant you just hate a team ? Or are we being too stuck up on the semantics of the word "hate" . When a football fan says he hates a rival team , it means he doesnt wish that team to win , say even against neutral opponents . Not that he wants every person associated with that team to die a horrible death .How is that such a negative thing ?

Would you mind pointing out where I claimed that you cannot just hate a team?I personally dislike the word "hate" - it is a powerful word and should not be thrown around so loosely (just my opinion and I really do not care if other people choose to use it.) Also, I know what it means when one dislikes/hates a team, although I appreciate you trying to help me. I only stated that it is a waste of (negative) energy and way to go all extreme on me and act like I thought people wanted the Spurs players to die. I have seen enough threads about past tragedies to know that most fan (on Goal Legacy) are not that cold blooded (there are a select few). And on the flip-side, you would be naive to think that some people do not carry that type of HATE (I have also seen my fair share of ugly comments in threads/comment sections related to past tragedies to back that up as well.

drakefyre wrote:And say If you know a lot of fans of a team , they all are pricks , you hate it when they show off when their team does well , so you hope they dont do well . What's strange about that ?

Why do you want their team to lose? Is it because they would be happy if they won? Well your bolded statement seems to show that your dislike lies within said people, not the actual team. You see the difference? Maybe I misinterpreted you, just like you did me, but you seem to be more concerned with the fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 am

RED wrote:Spurs the best team England? Lennon the best rw in the league? Lloris the best gk? The best cm in the league? "Brave scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker"?

Stop embarrassing yourself lol. I know you're a spurs fanboy, and theres nothing wrong with being excited with their form atm, but that op is ott. They are a strong team, nothing more, nothing less.

As for why they are generally disliked, its because they have some of the most deluded arrogant fans with nothing to back it up. They have a United thread on one of their forums and the majority of them thought they were at the same/better level than us just cuz they didnt get beat by us in the league for the first time since the 80s.

Jokers. I don't really hate them tho'.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 am

THC 10 wrote:Maybe you should read my post again, bro. I think hating a team is a waste of energy, that is about it. I also was trying to make the point that hating a team because of fans is silly, so I am not sure where you got this notion from...
drakefyre wrote:You make it sound like hating a team is bad or uncommon.

I actually find it to be very common and even understandable, it is just that I have not really heard any person in this thread offer a "good" reason to dislike/hate THE SPURS (not to be confused with the fans). There are teams that I dislike as well, but I do not think about them, or give them much thought unless they are playing against my team. If a team I dislike is playing in my league, I will still pull for them if they are in a competition that represents our league.

So say like , Inter are playing Spurs tonight - as a Milan fan , you'd support Inter . I have seen that before . But I'm pretty sure you wont find an Arsenal fan wanting Spurs to win .

I guess we'll have to disagree here - cos you are never gonna convince me on this one .

THC 10 wrote:
drakefyre wrote:

Would you mind pointing out where I claimed that you cannot just hate a team?

That bit was referring to the part I quoted posted by rwo .

Frankly, to actively dislike a team or even hate it is wasted energy for me.

THC 10 wrote:I personally dislike the word "hate" - it is a powerful word and should not be thrown around so loosely (just my opinion and I really do not care if other people choose to use it.) Also, I know what it means when one dislikes/hates a team, although I appreciate you trying to help me. I only stated that it is a waste of (negative) energy and way to go all extreme on me and act like I thought people wanted the Spurs players to die. I have seen enough threads about past tragedies to know that most fan (on Goal Legacy) are not that cold blooded (there are a select few).
I dont get this waste of energy thing . It's not like I'm plotting the fall of the clubs I hate ,spending my time/resources on it .

I may dislike certian football clubs , but I dont dislike any words , btw Smile

THC 10 wrote:And on the flip-side, you would be naive to think that some people do not carry that type of HATE (I have also seen my fair share of ugly comments in threads/comment sections related to past tragedies to back that up as well.

It's the internet , bro . It can make humanity look a lot bleaker than it really is Smile.
THC 10 wrote:
drakefyre wrote:And say If you know a lot of fans of a team , they all are pricks , you hate it when they show off when their team does well , so you hope they dont do well . What's strange about that ?

Why do you want their team to lose? Is it because they would be happy if they won? Well your bolded statement seems to show that your dislike lies within said people, not the actual team. You see the difference? Maybe I misinterpreted you, just like you did me, but you seem to be more concerned with the fans.
Not my point . My point was that not wanting a team to do well (hating them) is natural if you dont like their fans . I mean it's not like say Tottenham as a football club is going to do something to your personal life - so you can have a justifiable reason for not wanting them to win .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 am

For the record, I am not trying to convince you of anything. I just felt you misunderstood my and I wanted to clear that up so that you know where I am coming from. It is never goal to change anyone's mind, I just want people to look at it from both perspectives.

drakefyre wrote: So say like , Inter are playing Spurs tonight - as a Milan fan , you'd support Inter. I have seen that before . But I'm pretty sure you wont find an Arsenal fan wanting Spurs to win .

I guess we'll have to disagree here - cos you are never gonna convince me on this one .

I only started to support Milan 3-4 years ago and I honestly find it difficult to feel like a true fan. I make an effort to watch their games, but this is a inner conflict I struggle with. I really started watching football regularly after the 2006 World Cup and over here in the states, we get a lot of English Premier League and Serie A coverage. I am Brazilian/Italian, so it only seemed natural to support AC Milan (Fox Soccer Channel used to air a bunch of old Milan games and that is how I first came to support them). But to answer your question, I actually root for teams based on my forum buddies. I would like to see Inter win because of coefficient points (and the homie, bhends), but I also know that CB will be happy if his team does well. This should give you a little insight into how I focus my life around the positive vibes.

drakefyre wrote: I dont get this waste of energy thing . It's not like I'm plotting the fall of the clubs I hate ,spending my time/resources on it.

This is something that I implement into my everyday life, it is the power of positive thinking. I just consider anything negative to be a waste of time and time my friend, is money. Every second you spend being negative, is time you have now wasted on something that has no benefit to your life.

drakefyre wrote: It's the internet , bro . It can make humanity look a lot bleaker than it really is.

I actually had to educate my father on not feeding the trolls the other day. While I agree with your statement (to an extent) it would be foolish to deny that this world is/has become a cold, cold place. Sure it is a bit exaggerated on the internet, but it does not mean that those people do not have that hate in their blood. Words are one of the things we have in this life to express ourselves, so I think we should choose our words carefully.

Anyway, this is going a bit off-topic and I do not want to be the reason for that. Have a blessed day, buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:53 am

The real question in my opinion is "Are Spurs really hated here?".

Because it doesn't look like it in this and other threads in this forum.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 am

dat thread subtitle.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 am

drakefyre wrote:That bit was referring to the part I quoted posted by rwo

I dont get this waste of energy thing . It's not like I'm plotting the fall of the clubs I hate ,spending my time/resources on it .
Well, maybe I should have written "waste of time" then. I mean, I can spend the time to cheer that some opponent team loses better to admire a team I actually like.

To actively think about something one does not like gives this thing too much importance. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 am

Neutrals like Spurs for the most part. I'd say any hate here has to do with the fact that there's a large number of Arsenal fans

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:20 am

rwo power wrote:
drakefyre wrote:That bit was referring to the part I quoted posted by rwo

Well, maybe I should have written "waste of time" then. I mean, I can spend the time to cheer that some opponent team loses better to admire a team I actually like.

Smile . Again it's not like someone is wasting time or resources plotting the downfall of the rival club .

Like say an Arsenal fan watches the Spurs-Inter match tonight , wants Inter to win because Spurs are a rival . After all he's a football fan , he wants to see quality football . What did he waste by not being a neutral ? karma ?

rwo power wrote:
To actively think about something one does not like gives this thing too much importance. ^^

Oh someone dislike Spurs doesnt mean he wouldn't want to watch a good football game . Spurs aren't important . The football on show - is important .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 am

You are missing the point, drakefyre. I will not speak for rwo, but I will speak for myself...

If you are going to be watching a football match, your time has already been dedicated to said game. But there are people that will focus their energy on clubs they dislike when not watching them, e.g., posting about them, thinking about them and doing things of that nature. Does that make anymore sense now?

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeah man, I hate those cheating bastards over in Barcelona. The Barca fans on this forum with their petulant straw grasping do it to themselves. I do my best to follow the rule my mother taught me as a child, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." So I stay out of most of the fan to fan banter. But hate is real, I actually do envision a day when the wheels fall off their precious tiki taka and it will be... oh. so. glorious...

Here's to Barca losing every game they ever partake in, cheers. Makes sense to me. Afro
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:47 pm

daneq wrote:Yeah man, I hate those cheating bastards over in Barcelona. The Barca fans on this forum with their petulant straw grasping do it to themselves. I do my best to follow the rule my mother taught me as a child, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." So I stay out of most of the fan to fan banter. But hate is real, I actually do envision a day when the wheels fall off their precious tiki taka and it will be... oh. so. glorious...

Here's to Barca losing every game they ever partake in, cheers. Makes sense to me. Afro

too bad for you then if your '' hate '' is so much big . Let's say you meet a nice person and then as you talk with her/him you find out he/she is a barca fan . Are you going to hate her/him therefore ?

There are teams that i dislike as well as their fans ( some of them but don't really matter ) but those things can change. some years ago (2006-2007) i ''hated'' PSG, for many reasons. But between then and now many changes have occured ( Pauletta, new president, no more ultras, and recently new players) and even though i'm not a big fan of them i actually like them ( well i don't dislike them ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Bénin wrote:
daneq wrote:Yeah man, I hate those cheating bastards over in Barcelona. The Barca fans on this forum with their petulant straw grasping do it to themselves. I do my best to follow the rule my mother taught me as a child, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." So I stay out of most of the fan to fan banter. But hate is real, I actually do envision a day when the wheels fall off their precious tiki taka and it will be... oh. so. glorious...

too bad for you then if your '' hate '' is so much big . Let's say you meet a nice person and then as you talk with her/him you find out he/she is a barca fan . Are you going to hate her/him therefore ?

There are teams that i dislike as well as their fans ( some of them but don't really matter ) but those things can change. some years ago (2006-2007) i ''hated'' PSG, for many reasons. But between then and now many changes have occured ( Pauletta, new president, no more ultras, and recently new players) and even though i'm not a big fan of them i actually like them ( well i don't dislike them ).

If I meet a person and they lead with what team they support and it happens to be Barca, then yeah, probably would be instantly annoyed. Obviously I try not to let one thing about somebody shape my entire opinion of them, but it would at least irk me a bit.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm

I know the feeling bro! I absolutely hate peas and there was this one time a super hot chick approached me on the street and we got to talking. A few minutes into the conversation she dropped comment about how much she loved peas and I could never get over it. She left me with her number, but I opted to never call her back.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying that hate is not real, just that it is a strong word and we should probably reserve it for things that "deserve" it.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Betting on Bale for FGS really is printing money these days

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm

paddy wrote:Neutrals like Spurs for the most part. I'd say any hate here has to do with the fact that there's a large number of Arsenal fans

Most neutrals like Arsenal more ...

Are you the original Paddy?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:Spurs fans are one of the worst in England. They are hated by the most.

The constant delusion that they are better than Arsenal and chelsea makes things even worse for them.

It's not the Arsenal fans, nothing to do with us.

This post just proves my previous one:

Omniscient wrote:The primary reason is the large amount of Arsenal fans on this forum. Arsenal isn't exactly doing amazing things at the moment, so bitter fans will lash out at superior teams such as Spurs to alleviate their frustrations.

Arsenal fans think that they have a 'right' to be superior to Spurs because of their history, even though Spurs are:

1. Ranked higher in the PL.
2. Playing better football at the moment.

Spurs > Arsenal is a fact, objectively speaking. It's not a "delusion". The arrogance of Arsenal fans is sickening.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next