Art Morte
Lex
Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
113 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Cristiano Bale Appreciation Thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: Cristiano Bale Appreciation Thread.

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:50 am

Madrid are idiots if they sign him. That is all.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Bale Appreciation Thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: Cristiano Bale Appreciation Thread.

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 am

ynwa wrote:Madrid are idiots if they sign him. That is all.
Could you elaborate on that? To me he's the perfect fit.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am

Do you really think Bale's any better than Ronaldo? Do you honestly think the next manager (I doubt Mourinho will be the manager next season) will build his entire team around Bale? Bale as a SS/CF is way too awkward. He's a lot better on the left hand side as he's still not qualified enough to play in the middle - he's merely adapting to it now because Spurs have no one else.

Ronaldo is a lot better than Bale and he's shown nothing to suggest his form will drop in the near future. I've also heard rumours of Bale playing as a LWB to support Ronaldo which is also rubbish. The man cannot defend. Both Marcelo and Coentrao are better in that position.

Also, the Spurs system is based around Bale now. Much so as it was with Modric last season. Would you say Modric has settled in smoothly? Because, imo, you guys have regressed with Luka. Bale will just be "another" player at Madrid and I doubt he'll be happy about that.

So my question to you is, where exactly is he going to play? Is he going to be worth the 40 million pounds Spurs will demand?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:35 am

If he is a SS is better for Ronaldo. He wouldn't always be in the box, and would make space for Ronaldo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 am

Well, yesterday one could see that Spurs have a severe problem with Bale in the center and Holtby on the wing - neither was really playing to his strength. IMO AVB should switch the two as Holtby is way better centrally, while Bale can better use his page on the wing.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 am

likeastar wrote:If he is a SS is better for Ronaldo. He wouldn't always be in the box, and would make space for Ronaldo.

Struggling to make sense out of this.

Bale always looks to score for his own benefit. Also, how will he make space for Ronaldo if he's not a SS? They play in the same position!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 pm

ynwa wrote:Do you really think Bale's any better than Ronaldo? Do you honestly think the next manager (I doubt Mourinho will be the manager next season) will build his entire team around Bale? Bale as a SS/CF is way too awkward. He's a lot better on the left hand side as he's still not qualified enough to play in the middle - he's merely adapting to it now because Spurs have no one else.

No one is going to build anything around Bale and if he can adapt at Spurs he'll adapt at Madrid.

ynwa wrote:Ronaldo is a lot better than Bale and he's shown nothing to suggest his form will drop in the near future. I've also heard rumours of Bale playing as a LWB to support Ronaldo which is also rubbish. The man cannot defend. Both Marcelo and Coentrao are better in that position.

Well obviously Ronaldo is better but Bale can play elsewhere on the field. Right winger is the clear and obvious alternative.

ynwa wrote:Also, the Spurs system is based around Bale now. Much so as it was with Modric last season. Would you say Modric has settled in smoothly? Because, imo, you guys have regressed with Luka. Bale will just be "another" player at Madrid and I doubt he'll be happy about that.

Modric had no pre-season and he's still finding his feet in a team that already has two midfield mainstays. Despite that he has had his highlights and will be around for many more after this season, he'll get his time as a mainstay eventually. Also how have we "regressed" with Luka? lol We have the same team as last year plus Modric, as far as I'm concerned that is not regression. If you are trying to blame our league form on Luka well that's just silly he has nothing to do with our slow start to the season.

So like Modric is a work in progress I predict that Bale will be one too if he comes here. If he isn't prepared to work hard and make sacrifices he has no business at Madrid imo. Somehow I don't think Bale will have that problem, he looks like someone who has great drive and determination and so long as he brings those qualities with him he'll be fine.

ynwa wrote:So my question to you is, where exactly is he going to play? Is he going to be worth the 40 million pounds Spurs will demand?

He'll play where he is told to play and I suspect he'd do a great job. Would he be worth 40 million? Probably not to start with but let me ask you this, do you think it's worth taking a chance on him knowing that he could be one of the best in the world one day?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:43 pm

ynwa wrote:Do you really think Bale's any better than Ronaldo? Do you honestly think the next manager (I doubt Mourinho will be the manager next season) will build his entire team around Bale? Bale as a SS/CF is way too awkward. He's a lot better on the left hand side as he's still not qualified enough to play in the middle - he's merely adapting to it now because Spurs have no one else.

Ronaldo is a lot better than Bale and he's shown nothing to suggest his form will drop in the near future. I've also heard rumours of Bale playing as a LWB to support Ronaldo which is also rubbish. The man cannot defend. Both Marcelo and Coentrao are better in that position.

Also, the Spurs system is based around Bale now. Much so as it was with Modric last season. Would you say Modric has settled in smoothly? Because, imo, you guys have regressed with Luka. Bale will just be "another" player at Madrid and I doubt he'll be happy about that.

So my question to you is, where exactly is he going to play? Is he going to be worth the 40 million pounds Spurs will demand?

Some good points here. Agreed with most of it. Bale isn't the finished product Ronaldo was when we bought him. He's still kinda adapting to the SS role. Plus Bale's had one good season playing like this. Ronaldo had more. Bale's just getting hyped up too much currently. Hopefully we don't get him based on the hype. I'd prefer if we got someone like Gotze, Neymar, Isco etc. I'm sure they'd suit the Spanish technical style of play better than Bale.

Also Ozil is at his best when in the middle, which is the position Bale would most likely take if he joined. We could always move Ronaldo to CF and Bale to LW, however I'm sure Perez would prefer to buy a proper CF like Aguero, Falcao, Cavani etc.

In terms of Modric, he's settled in well. Just because he isn't starting every game, doesn't have to mean he hasn't settled in. He's played well whenever he has played. I'd say he's been one of our best midfielders this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I don't see Bale and Ronaldo working, they are too similar. Di Maria is a far better option in any case.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Albiceleste wrote:I don't see Bale and Ronaldo working, they are too similar. Di Maria is a far better option in any case.

Di Maria is his own worst enemy. If he was consistent then we wouldn't even be thinking about Bale.

For every amazing game Angelito has he has had a bad one.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Admittedly, I think Bale playing more of a free roaming central role is a product of how much we already load up the left side. We are a team essentially built to cut in from the left to a ball played from the central/right part of the pitch. Bale, as our best attacking player, is actually a man without a position, because we've essentially given him a free roaming role to get as many touches as possible. Holtby aside, this has actually freed up our players around the right and left wings.

I think Holtby is going to get his chance with Lennon potentially out this weekend on the right. However, I knew buying him early was more about coverage and giving him time to learn the AVB system. If he is ready for the start of next season than that's all I care about because we already lost in terms of from bringing players like Dempsey into the team late in the transfer window.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Zealous wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:I don't see Bale and Ronaldo working, they are too similar. Di Maria is a far better option in any case.

Di Maria is his own worst enemy. If he was consistent then we wouldn't even be thinking about Bale.

For every amazing game Angelito has he has had a bad one.
yeah i can agree with that

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Casillas
Carjaval Varane Ramos Marcelo
Khedira Xabi/CM
Di Maria Ozil Bale Ronaldo

Something like Germany played in the last games.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 pm

we should play like Germany play against Kazakhstan, but change tactics in big games and get whooped around? no thank you.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, yesterday one could see that Spurs have a severe problem with Bale in the center and Holtby on the wing - neither was really playing to his strength. IMO AVB should switch the two as Holtby is way better centrally, while Bale can better use his page on the wing.

True, AVB got this one wrong. Bale has been playing centrally recently (as everyone knows) and it's worked out well. Against Basel, however, the middle of the park was so tight from Basel that Bale didn't have any space to work with. Meanwhile the space on the left wasn't being used by Holtby well enough (he's hardly a winger, although he can play there), and Lennon was off after what, 22 minutes? So the RW wasn't being used well either because Sigurdsson isn't a winger as much as Holtby. And even when they switched wings that didn't help. AVB should have put Bale out left, Holtby in the middle, and Lennon/Siggy on the right. Oh well.

Anyway

Bale is out for 2 weeks. Sprained ankle ligaments.

He's as strong as Messi Proud

His ankle looks broken-- doesn't matter, back in 2 weeks Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 am

Zealous wrote:
No one is going to build anything around Bale and if he can adapt at Spurs he'll adapt at Madrid.

Spurs adapted to him. That's a massive difference. Real Madrid wouldn't do the same.

Well obviously Ronaldo is better but Bale can play elsewhere on the field. Right winger is the clear and obvious alternative.

Bale as a right winger? Are you taking the piss? Laughing
He's never played in that position before. Ever. Just because he has a left foot and is good on the left hand side does not mean he'll adapt to playing on the right. This isn't fifa or FM lol.

Modric had no pre-season and he's still finding his feet in a team that already has two midfield mainstays. Despite that he has had his highlights and will be around for many more after this season, he'll get his time as a mainstay eventually. Also how have we "regressed" with Luka? lol We have the same team as last year plus Modric, as far as I'm concerned that is not regression. If you are trying to blame our league form on Luka well that's just silly he has nothing to do with our slow start to the season.

So like Modric is a work in progress I predict that Bale will be one too if he comes here. If he isn't prepared to work hard and make sacrifices he has no business at Madrid imo. Somehow I don't think Bale will have that problem, he looks like someone who has great drive and determination and so long as he brings those qualities with him he'll be fine.

Exactly. You already had two midfield players that played in Luka's position. So why was it necessary to buy him for an inflated fee? Apologies, I mean Luka has regressed around you guys. Not the other way around. Luka had the whole system around him and was the key playmaker at Spurs. Now he's just somebody at Mou's disposal. And you can see the difference in his performances. Surely you have to admit he was much better at Spurs.

He won't be fine. He'll forever be in Ronaldo's shadow lol. It'd be stupid to buy him to play him in the middle as he's not adapted to it at Spurs yet. He's played there for what, 2-3 months? Or is he going to play on the right hand side and hope he can cut in and score on a regular basis?

He'll play where he is told to play and I suspect he'd do a great job. Would he be worth 40 million? Probably not to start with but let me ask you this, do you think it's worth taking a chance on him knowing that he could be one of the best in the world one day?

That's just stupid. He's had one good season and automatically he's deemed to be one of the best in the world filling up gaps in foreign position to him?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:44 am

Lex wrote:Who's he supporting? Laughing
EPIC rofl rofl rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Incredible player. Just incredible. A sign of greatness is when you're having a quite game, yet still come with that bit of decisive magic that wins your team the game.

Spurs would be far out of the hunt for 4th spot if it weren't for him.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat May 04, 2013 6:40 pm

red does man utd no longer intend to pursue bale? you heard anything at all lately?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Cristiano Bale Appreciation Thread. - Page 6 BJcZnc2CMAApKEp
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Man he's going to be huge for City next season. Saving Spurs' all year. Wonder what they'll do without him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 04, 2013 9:10 pm

Not sure why he'd move to Man City considering Spurs are a club on the up.

Something like this could possibly work if he did move:

-----------Aguero/CF
----Nasri----Bale-----Silva

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat May 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Not sure why he'd move to Man City considering Spurs are a club on the up.

Something like this could possibly work if he did move:

-----------Aguero/CF
----Nasri----Bale-----Silva

rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 05, 2013 3:04 am

Best player...ever?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 am

the guy is actually world class, didnt believe it before but i do now, if he continues in this vane, he will reach ronaldo's level.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 am

CBarca wrote:Best player...ever?
Not even the best Welsh player I know. You can argue that individually he's a bigger difference maker than Giggs (which I'll totally agree) but the United man sacrifices so much for the team and is a much better team player than Bale will ever be.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next