Post by Kick Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:43 am

Interesting idea. Let's hope it works.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 2013/14 - Page 13 Empty Re: Chelsea 2013/14

Post by Kick Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:43 am

Ok, so we're 8 games into the season, We're happily sitting in second and we're ahead of our two biggest rivals. Table:
Pos P PTS
1 Arsenal 8 19
2 Chelsea 8 17
3 Liverpool 8 17
4 Manchester City 8 16
5 Southampton 8 15
6 Everton 8 15
7 Tottenham 7 13*
8 Man Utd 8 11
9 Hull City 8 11
10 Newcastle 8 11
11 Swansea City 8 10
12 Aston Villa 7 10*
13 WBA 8 10
14 West Ham Utd 8 8
15 Stoke City 8 8
16 Cardiff City 8 8
17 Fulham 7 7*
18 Norwich City 8 7
19 Crystal Palace 7 3*
20 Sunderland 8 1

*Game in hand
So here are some questions I thought we could answer?
What does everyone think will happen from here on out?
Are we good enough to win the league?
Will anyone stop Arsenal Ozil?
Has Jose done enough?
What do you want to see improved and what are you really enjoying right now?
Who should we look to sign come January?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:03 am

We with a "poor/inconsistent/identity-less/flat/etc" start to the season are just 2 points behind "brilliant/tantalizing/sensational/on-fire/etc" Arsenal, having played 3 major away games whilst they have played none. So I'd say say we've not done too badly...

Could go any number of ways at this stage I think.

Depends on the other contenders.

Maybe playing a game not against a mid-table/relegation fodder team for only the second time this season, perhaps?

Has Jose done enough?
Performance-wise, no (though it's early days). Results-wise, yes.

What do you want to see improved
Everything
and what are you really enjoying right now?
Nothing :coffee:......okay, maybe Oscar Razz

A frontman who could actually hit the broad side of a barn might be an interesting idea hmm

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 am

I think Shed's got it spot on (for once).
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:11 am

Soul wrote:I think Shed's got it spot on (for once).

And yet you were saying a month ago that the reason you "don't have to post here as much anymore" is because most of what you were going to say on most issues was exactly what I was saying Laughing #flipflop

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 am

Embarassed 
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:58 am

Yes, I know it's 'in' to bash on Shed these days, but do try to be sure your pisstakes aren't in direct contradiction with previous statements :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:51 am

Shed wrote:We with a "poor/inconsistent/identity-less/flat/etc" start to the season are just 2 points behind "brilliant/tantalizing/sensational/on-fire/etc" Arsenal, having played 3 major away games whilst they have played none. So I'd say say we've not done too badly...

Could go any number of ways at this stage I think.

Depends on the other contenders.

Maybe playing a game not against a mid-table/relegation fodder team for only the second time this season, perhaps?

Has Jose done enough?
Performance-wise, no (though it's early days). Results-wise, yes.

Everything
Nothing :coffee:......okay, maybe Oscar Razz

A frontman who could actually hit the broad side of a barn might be an interesting idea hmm

I am going to have to disagree with you on some things here.
First off, Stop fence sitting and answer the first two questions.

I don't think everything needs to be improved, just select areas.
Only enjoying Oscar? really?

TBH, If Eto'o can repeat exactly what he did for his goal in future matches, I won't be worried. He is our most lethal CF and we have needed a CF to do exactly what he did for his goal since Drogba left.

Our style of play requires a CF who can take a touch to create space and then have an accurate enough shot to score. Sadly, Aguero would be an ideal CF for us presently. Eto'o just needs to repeat the goal and that style of play and the goals will flow, I was more worried about our passing from CM, the amount of times I spotted our AM's in between the lines but were ignored due to how one dimensional Lampard and Ramires' passing is frustrated me to no end. I would argue that a passing CM is much more of a priority than a CF right now.

I'd again mention DDR as he is old enough not to hamper our youth players.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:17 am

Kick wrote:First off, Stop fence sitting and answer the first two questions.
If you think such questions can be answered 8 games into the season, I'm afraid you'll be left wanting. Yes, things really can go either way at this point and I've seen nothing definitive to direct me in one direction over another as yet. And yes, our championship prospects really do depend in large part, though certainly not solely, on the form and fairings of our title rivals. If City click (as they appear to be starting to), for instance, we'll find it difficult I think. Their squad is far more balanced than ours, as well as much stronger overall. I believe we discussed this on here some months ago and many agreed that our biggest chance to win it this year would be the likes of City (they were mentioned specifically) failing to click and/or gel with their new manager right away. Simply put, I don't believe this squad is good enough to win the league, at least not in any other season in recent memory (hence my assertion that whether the current inconsistency of just about every top team in the League which has been the trademark of this thus far highly unusual season either continues or doesn't continue will play a big part in any title-aspirer's prospects). Apart from AM, we have actually a fairly average squad. Poor and dangerously shallow CM, and even worse strikers.

Kick wrote:I don't think everything needs to be improved, just select areas.
Sarcasm appears to be lost on you my dear boy. Do you really think I believe EVERYTHING has been not good enough and NOTHING has been enjoyable, save MAYBE for Oscar? Even I'm not that negative Laughing

Kick wrote:TBH, If Eto'o can repeat exactly what he did for his goal in future matches, I won't be worried. He is our most lethal CF and we have needed a CF to do exactly what he did for his goal since Drogba left.
One goal does not a panacea to our striking woes make. I'll believe it when I see it.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:34 am

We will get a top 3 finish.

Yes.

Arsenal always starts flying, i doubt it will go on like this.

Has Jose done enough?
Not really, although the team is improving everyday so the curve is positive.

Maybe the strikers.

Fifa 14? Razz Everything! Very Happy

None

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:40 am

not true, arsenal in the past few seasons have started off in a bad foot and always manage an impressive top 3 finish, they are fighters.

in the other hand, we have been getting the results, but i hope we dont dip in form during mid season like we usually do, but mourinho can get it done i feel, if all our players are in it to win the league bad enough, we showed that with a champions league and europa league trophy, now we gotta win the league- the only english team that had a stamp in europe these past two years lol.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 am

Shed wrote:
If you think such questions can be answered 8 games into the season, I'm afraid you'll be left wanting. Yes, things really can go either way at this point and I've seen nothing definitive to direct me in one direction over another as yet. And yes, our championship prospects really do depend in large part, though certainly not solely, on the form and fairings of our title rivals. If City click (as they appear to be starting to), for instance, we'll find it difficult I think. Their squad is far more balanced than ours, as well as much stronger overall. I believe we discussed this on here some months ago and many agreed that our biggest chance to win it this year would be the likes of City (they were mentioned specifically) failing to click and/or gel with their new manager right away. Simply put, I don't believe this squad is good enough to win the league, at least not in any other season in recent memory (hence my assertion that whether the current inconsistency of just about every top team in the League which has been the trademark of this thus far highly unusual season either continues or doesn't continue will play a big part in any title-aspirer's prospects). Apart from AM, we have actually a fairly average squad. Poor and dangerously shallow CM, and even worse strikers.
I'd argue only a small part of our prospects is dependent on our opponents, a majority of it is down to us. We control our own destiny, not them, but that is just me nitpicking. I was just trying to get you to throw in a prediction since you seem so good at it Wink

City's GK and probably CB is worse than ours for starts, Only Kompany (who I recall is currently injured) is better than our CB's. Hart is so poor right now it's funny. Their strongest spots over us is CM and CF, the areas which we are lacking. I guess next week will prove who is the better side.

Sarcasm appears to be lost on you my dear boy. Do you really think I believe EVERYTHING has been not good enough and NOTHING has been enjoyable, save MAYBE for Oscar? Even I'm not that negative Laughing

How was I suppose to know? And I wouldn't put it passed you to be that negative.

Kick wrote:TBH, If Eto'o can repeat exactly what he did for his goal in future matches, I won't be worried. He is our most lethal CF and we have needed a CF to do exactly what he did for his goal since Drogba left.
One goal does not a panacea to our striking woes make. I'll believe it when I see it.
Like I said, Eto'o needs to repeat it, he has the experience, let's see if he can put it into action.
iNFINITY9910 wrote:What does everyone think will happen from here on out?

Yes.

Has Jose done enough?

Maybe the strikers.

Fifa 14? :PEverything! Very Happy

None

You don't want to sign anyone in Jan? Why not?

Uncanny wrote:not true, arsenal in the past few seasons have started off in a bad foot and always manage an impressive top 3 finish, they are fighters.

in the other hand, we have been getting the results, but i hope we dont dip in form during mid season like we usually do, but mourinho can get it done i feel, if all our players are in it to win the league bad enough, we showed that with a champions league and europa league trophy, now we gotta win the league- the only english team that had a stamp in europe these past two years lol.
You make a good point, we've just gotta prove that we want to win the EPL more, I think after our exploits in Europe recently, our focus should be on the EPL this year. If Jose to get the team motivated enough, I believe we can win it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Kick wrote:
Shed wrote:
I'd argue only a small part of our prospects is dependent on our opponents, a majority of it is down to us. We control our own destiny, not them, but that is just me nitpicking. I was just trying to get you to throw in a prediction since you seem so good at it Wink

City's GK and probably CB is worse than ours for starts, Only Kompany (who I recall is currently injured) is better than our CB's. Hart is so poor right now it's funny. Their strongest spots over us is CM and CF, the areas which we are lacking. I guess next week will prove who is the better side.

How was I suppose to know? And I wouldn't put it passed you to be that negative.

Like I said, Eto'o needs to repeat it, he has the experience, let's see if he can put it into action.
iNFINITY9910 wrote:What does everyone think will happen from here on out?

Yes.

Has Jose done enough?

Maybe the strikers.

Fifa 14? :PEverything! Very Happy

None

You don't want to sign anyone in Jan? Why not?

Uncanny wrote:not true, arsenal in the past few seasons have started off in a bad foot and always manage an impressive top 3 finish, they are fighters.

You make a good point, we've just gotta prove that we want to win the EPL more, I think after our exploits in Europe recently, our focus should be on the EPL this year. If Jose to get the team motivated enough, I believe we can win it.
First of all sorry for the big quote Razz And yeah I don't want anyone in the January window. We have an impressive squad atm and we just need to work on it. Some players will be left out, some will not. That's how it is, but we have enough players to play good football while getting results. Its just a matter of time IMO.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 am

Are you in the "wait for Chalobah, Lukaku, MVG and the likes are ready to step up" boat?

I am leaning towards that but I feel that we might buy someone.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:16 am

No, absolutely not. It's hard enough for youngsters to make the step up when there's little to no pressure on them, we're talking automatic starting XI positions needing to be filled (as is the case with CM and ST). Even in the case of Lukaku - undoubtedly the best of the bunch - when he's brought back, that's still only 1 good striker in the squad — still not good enough.

No, the club will definitely sign players.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:30 am

So who would you sign, shed?

Also, that question was directed at Infinity.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:34 am

Yes I know it was, I just thought I'd give you an answer worth reading :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 am

So who would you sign?

I still believe CM is top priority, above CF at present and if we can, bring in a WC, experienced CM, much like our Ballack transfer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 am

CM is a top priority for me as well, though not all that much ahead of up front. Whom to sign? I have no idea really.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:46 am

If I was to formulate a list, I would look for experienced players who are presently at the top of their game, I would eleminate engine type players, such as Khedira or the Bender bros. We've got one of them, Ramires.

Personal picks would be, from most likely to move to least: Hernanes, Cabaye, Montolivo, De Rossi, Dembele, Modric, Arteta, Pirlo and Alonso.

None are very likely but we are Chelsea, we can certainly pull many of these players. All of whom could solve our passing problem.

Note: Pirlo and Alonso are last due to their form, however, I think either could be fantastic one season stop gaps.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

I'm not talking about Chalaboss and them, I mean the squad we have right now is strong enough. We are only 8 games into the season. Apart from De Rossi maybe, I don't think we don't need to fill up any positions( considering that Lukaku will return at the end of the season and start next season ) . Although I still have that dream transfer, Schweini.. but not gonna happen so yea, I think that given enough time we can perform very well.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:49 am

Fair enough, you seem a tad more optimistic than I, for once.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 am

Bit late, just saw this now

Kick wrote:What does everyone think will happen from here on out?
A team of our callibre cant get much worse and with a good amount of 'hard' games out fo the way we should play ourselves into some good form. Squad depth will be a big help over the winter period too

Yes, question is how soo can we reach league winners quality

A good bus parking
Or a studs up tackle from Shawcross hmm

Has Jose done enough?
We're not playing well but we're winning, a common rugby league saying is that its better to win ugly then to win comfortably early on

We need to move the ball forward faster and be more incisive

Lukaku and Oscar

Ideally a good CM and CF, realistically we sign nobody, we've spent too muc already and the players we need will be way over proced in Jan

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 am

Always optimistic! Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 am

fatman123 wrote:Bit late, just saw this now

Kick wrote:What does everyone think will happen from here on out?
A team of our callibre cant get much worse and with a good amount of 'hard' games out fo the way we should play ourselves into some good form. Squad depth will be a big help over the winter period too

Yes, question is how soo can we reach league winners quality

A good bus parking
Or a studs up tackle from Shawcross hmm

Has Jose done enough?
We're not playing well but we're winning, a common rugby league saying is that its better to win ugly then to win comfortably early on

We need to move the ball forward faster and be more incisive

Lukaku and Oscar

Ideally a good CM and CF, realistically we sign nobody, we've spent too muc already and the players we need will be way over proced in Jan

Interesting response tbh.

Only thing is, our next 5-6 games are all hard games, we'll know a lot more after those games.

You don't expect us to strengthen the squad in Jan despite MVG's injury?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:11 am

if we did buy in Jan it'd be more Ba-esque transfers which are good in the short term but cause long term issues because they arent long term signings, better to stick Luiz in the DM then sign a 6 month player to a 2 year contract
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next